Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation (2812 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by BigDawsNet: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
it now clear thanks a lot ! there is work to fight the inflation and cost unlike najia where work opportunities are limited so there are no tool to fight the inflation!

If population of a city in LA for example is 450,000

Total of Jobs opening will be 600,000

Now tell me how you wanna stay out of jobs...

Tho some citizens may still stay unemployed because they feel the pay are nothing to them... but the foreigner will gladly take it

So you see an average African man working 3 jobs...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
it am not talking of the rich folk here that can afford it easy ! 4000 pounds electricity and gas bills is Notting to a Najia rich man a year he can spend that in a day without thinking! am talking of the average Joe that resign for work ,sell all his assets ,pay millions in fees just to jump into a place battling a 40 year inflation pressure .is like i%ntentional coming into a war zone .
4o years haha Bro calm down..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 9:46am On Aug 27, 2022
leody:

4o years haha Bro calm down..
that was they said the highest inflation since 1981 am BBC dey lie to themself

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

If population of a city in LA for example is 450,000

Total of Jobs opening will be 600,000

Now tell me how you wanna stay out of jobs...

Tho some citizens may still stay unemployed because they feel the pay are nothing to them... but the foreigner will gladly take it

So you see an average African man working 3 jobs...
najia na reverse be the case ! 8000000 with 600 available position so they need a stadium to conduct the recruitment!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by ibechris(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
am just curious ! If UM citizens are complaining of the inflation why would a Nigeria on Budget jump into it even spending several millions to go meet this cost !

They think is all rosy...let them move first.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by obyrich(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
Any time I watch sky new UK citizens are always complaining of cost of living .a woman was even saying she will not pay her Gas bills anymore if their is a futher hike .today the hike happen .so why are Nigeria desperate to enter UK and battle this cost ! a Friend left Germany temporary due to this cost and inflationary pressure .can some explain to me abi sky new is not saying the truth !
Some people will prefer to die in foreign land than contribute in building Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
ibechris:

They think is all rosy...let them move first.
It’s not all rosy for sure. Some pple will have it good from day one while others will pay the price of japaaa(minimum wage jobs). In the end, they will be better for it. Consistent growth not the one exchange rate will roll you back 20 years.
How much be tokunbo rx330 2005/6 model now? (16 year old car)

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
obyrich:
Some people will prefer to die in foreign land than contribute in building Nigeria.
it doesn't matter where you die all die na die ! am just curious ! all uk news media are talking about cost of living .and Nigeria are selling everything to go join in the cost of living hike .am yet to understand rationally .if some one tell me that there is a high cost of living in Lagos now I will try as much as possible to not move to Lagos inorder to save my self from it !but Nigerians will sell everything including house and cars and become tenates and entering bus in the uk or even riding bikes or resign from a manager job in a Good firm and become care assistant in the uk . pushing old and scary lookingwhite people on wheel chair up and down ! I can't rationalized the move Sha .May be I will visit the UK soon to see thing for my self .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:

It’s not all rosy for sure. Some pple will have it good from day one while others will pay the price of japaaa(minimum wage jobs). In the end, they will be better for it. Consistent growth not the one exchange rate will roll you back 20 years.
How much be tokunbo rx330 2005/6 model now? (16 year old car)
very true I have been planning to buy a Honda 2016 this year suddenly the price jump to 8m from 5.5m max so I abandon the move and refurbished my car .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by ednut1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
One is temporary one is permanent. The ukraine russia wars, covid disruption to the service industry , brexit etc are to blame . They wont be facing same in a year time. Nigeria own is heading for collapse. Dint blame them. One change in immigration policy the uk paroles fit cast. Do you know how many countries are dealing with Nigeria currently and denying us visa

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
One is temporary one is permanent. The ukraine russia wars, covid disruption to the service industry , brexit etc are to blame . They wint be facing same in a years time. Nigeria own is heading for collapse. Dint blame them. One change in immigration policy the uk paroles fit cast. Do you know how many countries are dealing with Nigeria currently and denying us visa
this post make sense Sha ! Very real we are deteriorating !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Backpedal: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
obyrich:
You really think Africans in large numbers in Africa can build anything?

Lmao cheesy. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by obyrich(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
Backpedal:

Lmao cheesy. grin
Africa is the cradle of civilisation. SE Asia was derided like Africa by the West until the decided to make sacrifices to change the narrative.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Backpedal: 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
obyrich:
Africa is the cradle of civilisation. SE Asia was derided like Africa by the West until the decided to make sacrifices to change the narrative.
That's the thing
Africans DONT have it in them to change the narrative
It's not a genetic thing
It's more of cultural
Black culture is the antithesis of development

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by salford1: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Not all òyìnbó's get money ........ Many of them live below the poverty line .......... cheesy
On point. Just like every Nigerian can't afford quick dental health care in Nigeria. If OP had ever visited a non-private dental clinic/hospital in Nigeria, he would realise that a large majority of Nigerians can't afford private care.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by salford1: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
Backpedal:

Lmao cheesy. grin
Ordinary power issue, Nigeria can't fix. There is no comparison at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by bdon123(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
personal decision? or not understanding what they are getting into ? @4000 pounds for energy and 4 million. home will choose between eating or heating ! anit we leaving a problem in Nigeria to go jam another complex one for the Uk .like I saw on sky new the dentist appointment delays a white woman had to remove her teeth herself cos she could not get an appointment for over 2 months and was going mad due to pain . Meanwhile for Nigeria just come hours and 30k surgery over !
U are ignorant.U live in a country where u cld die at any minute due to so many abnormalities n u complaining abt uk electricity tatiff.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by bdon123(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:

I see u pick irrelevant things as a basis for comparism. No need to engage in this argument. Only pple that have moved can tell whether it’s worth it or not.
Have you moved? R you considering moving? Better to ask the people directly.
U hav wisdom.I tink its stupid to bad mouth a party when u cant even get in.most people bath mouthing uk hav never even gone abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Mom007(f): 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
babakb:

If Nigerians can endure the Inflation and Insecurity in Nigeria then they can endure any country in the world.

The reason why you hear about UK is because they are transparent, in 2020 a kg of gas was 300 naira in Nigeria, now in 2022 is 800 naira. Which Inflation pass this one
Its 820 my dear... embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
babakb:

If Nigerians can endure the Inflation and Insecurity in Nigeria then they can endure any country in the world.

The reason why you hear about UK is because they are transparent, in 2020 a kg of gas was 300 naira in Nigeria, now in 2022 is 800 naira. Which Inflation pass this one
In addition to this there are jobs readily àvailable for people unlike Nigeria. There are limited opportunities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
Abroad no good.
Even CBN acknowledged diaspora remittances. As in dem dey use am plan Fx generation for the country.
E shock you!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by AlphaTaikun: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
talking about UK inflation to wannabe Nigerian immigrants is like telling a blind man to close his eyes... its pointless!

going abroad is a life dream to many, and they will desire to achieve their dream whether life over the UK is tough or not... thus why some Nigerians are so desperate to leave Nigeria, they will gladly emigrate to Qatar, Afghanistan or even Ukraine.
Lol... grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by AlphaTaikun: 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

here is a clue: people are complaining about the harsh situation in Nigeria, yet many foreigners (and Nigerians returnees alike) are gladly relocating to Nigeria. same issue, different country.

as someone just wrote, to many there is a better life in the UK, whether with inflation or even war.
Nicely put.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by AlphaTaikun: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

When I tell you they won't feel that heat...doesn't means its gonna be easy... but I can ssure you they will be glad paying for it..

My mini apartment in carlifonia cost me $965/m that's around 645k in naira black market... while I was in Nigeria... I dint even imagine payiing up to that monthly just to hav a roof grin.. but Thank God foreverything...

I know lot of people here in the States paying rent as low as $2,300 monthly... they are Nigerian and they are not from abacha's family.. this are the people that's was earning just 50k back in Nigeria...

So when you get here as a foreigner from a third world countries.. you will definitely do well in any circumstances if u not lazy...

And countries like UK and US Canada others... find solutions to economy problems... unlike Nigeria where prices of commodities doesn't come down Ever!..

And another important point is that...
We Africans work like elephants here abroad...
We know the money is here... and to get it... we hav to work our ass...

The code here is... the more your work, the more you earn...

So if energy bills is going 4k...
Nigerians will pay and British gov will also find a long lasting solution... so it's not permanent
Very well said.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by sammirano: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hilarious that many people put so much faith in the white man..lolz. the energy problem will last as long as the war and the sanctions are in place, you can't manufacture these things, is either you have it or not. Russia can never be substituted in Europe, it's a fact. Many Nigerians going to Europe don't know what's waiting for them, the euro is at its lowest in 30 years.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2022
sammirano:
Hilarious that many people put so much faith in the white man..lolz. the energy problem will last as long as the war and the sanctions are in place, you can't manufacture these things, is either you have it or not. Russia can never be substituted in Europe, it's a fact. Many Nigerians going to Europe don't know what's waiting for them, the euro is at its lowest in 30 years.
Is the Euro even up to 30 years old?

Traveling out for a better life does not mean having faith in whites. Their economies are advanced and like they have given thousands of not millions of Africans opportunities to better their lives.

The Europeans survived WW1 and WW2, this current small war in Ukraine would also pass, and their economies would bounce back stronger. They have always shown themselves to be resilient people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:
Abroad no good.
Even CBN acknowledged diaspora remittances. As in dem dey use am plan Fx generation for the country.
E shock you!
Nigerians in the UK remit back to Nigeria an average of $4B every year. Inflation is blowing everywhere (Nigeria inclusive). Japa would most times be profitable than staying back in Nigeria where unemployment rate is poor and alot live less than $1 a day.

Current exchange rate below.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Overseas Please Sign Here / What Makes Nicon Noga Expensive? / Ugliest Buildings In The World That You Have To See To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.