Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� (3974 Views)

Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. / Redmi K30, Redmi K30 5G Launched With Dual Selfie Camera: Price & Specs / This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Paragonxy1: 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Things you need to know about MTN Nigeria 5G Router:

See the speed test @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuUPrkW8e3k

1. The 5G service of MTN is now live in various cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Abuja. You can check the network's coverage areas by visiting the MTN Nigeria website.

2. If you are in a 5G coverage area, then you can start enjoying the speed of 5G with a 4G sim and a 5G smartphone. You do not need to upgrade your 4G sim card.

3. With your 4G sim card and a TECNO, Infinix, Xiaomi Huawei, and Nokia 5G smartphone, you can start enjoying 5G speed if you are within the coverage area.

4. With MTN 5G, you can get download speed that exceeds to 1gigabyes per second!

5. If you don't have a 5G smartphone, you can still use the MTN 5G modem. The pre-order for this device is currently available on the MTN Nigeria website.

6. The MTN 5G Modem cost N50,000 and you get 100GB of data with it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Deasegun19(m): 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
really 4g sim for 5g coverage.

They just want to give us a glimpse of true 4g speed with their so called 5g network.

10 Likes

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by fredie107(m): 12:01am On Aug 27, 2022
Deasegun19:
really 4g sim for 5g coverage.

They just want to give us a glimpse of true 4g speed with their so called 5g network.

I dey suspect this 5g too ooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2022
MTN is a big liar.
5g network on a 4g sim card.this is a fat lie.i think they are ready to give us the real 4g experience.

8 Likes

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by SouthSouth1914: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
MTN is a big liar.
5g network on a 4g sim card.this is a fat lie.i think they are ready to give us the real 4g experience.

Word!!
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
MTN is a big liar.

Why say what you don't know?? Makes you sound dumb.

LTE SIMs can access 5G with the proper hardware... I guess you don't know about the different variations of 5G network

4 Likes

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Taofiq2005(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Ajay7411:

Why say what you don't know?? Makes you sound dumb.

LTE SIMs can access 5G with the proper hardware... I guess you don't know about the different variations of 5G network
4G sim card can only be compatible with a 5g network if it is a 5g NSA(Non-Standalone) Network. And it uses LTE Technology. 4g sim card is not compatible with 5g SA(Standalone) since it is not using the 4g LTE Technology. The advantage 5g NSA Have over 5g SA Is that it is cheaper. The disadvantage of 5g NSA is that it needs both 4g and 5g which consume lots of power and drains your phone battery life faster than 4g lte. Another disadvantage of 5G NSA is that it doesn't have cool features of real 5g like lower latency(which is good for streaming games online and video call ). So MTN is using 5G NSA.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Abbeytoy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
You'll have to upgrade your sim before enjoying the 5G.

Its only available for WiFi now

1 Like

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Taofiq2005:
4G sim card can only be compatible with a 5g network if it is a 5g NSA(Non-Standalone) Network. And it uses LTE Technology. 4g sim card is not compatible with 5g SA(Standalone) since it is not using the 4g LTE Technology. The advantage 5g NSA Have over 5g SA Is that it is cheaper. The disadvantage of 5g NSA is that it needs both 4g and 5g which consume lots of power and drains your phone battery life faster than 4g lte. Another disadvantage of 5G NSA is that it doesn't have cool features of real 5g like lower latency(which is good for streaming games online and video call ). So MTN is using 5G NSA.

Finally!... Someone who isn't ignorant on this forum smiley

1 Like

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Taofiq2005(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
Ajay7411:

Finally!... Someone who isn't ignorant on this forum smiley
grin thanks

1 Like

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by chingle5(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2022
Taofiq2005:

This person know something nice info
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by chingle5(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2022
Taofiq2005:

Abeg check this out I don't understand this 5g band of these two phones, which is better

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by MorataFC: 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Cool
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by dustmalik: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
chingle5:

Abeg check this out I don't understand this 5g band of these two phones, which is better
MTN's 5G band is N78. Both phones up there support the band.
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Taofiq2005(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
chingle5:

the two phone support low and mid band 5g(Sub-6Ghz) but does not support high band 5g(mmWave). They both uses mediatek dimensity 810 (6nm), and it can reach a peak download speed of 2.77 Gbs (if our carrier can offer that speed).
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Chemistdavy: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
Is this true? Upgrade 4G sim to enjoy 5G?
Abbeytoy:
You'll have to upgrade your sim before enjoying the 5G.

Its only available for WiFi now
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by dustmalik: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
Chemistdavy:
Wrong. No need to upgrade sim to 5G. Just get a 5G compatible device, with support for 5G band N78.

All MTN 4G sims are 5G ready.

1 Like

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Abbeytoy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2022
Chemistdavy:

That's what one of thier staff told me
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
dustmalik:

MTN's 5G band is N78. Both phones up there support the band.
I've got the Motorola G51 5G device that supports the MTN 5G band but It's not receiving MTN 5G signal

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by dustmalik: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Toluene15:

I've got the Motorola G51 5G device that supports the MTN 5G band but It's not receiving MTN 5G signal
Where is your location? Are others with 5G Xiaomi, iPhone devices around you getting 5G reception?
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
dustmalik:

Where is your location? Are others with 5G Xiaomi, iPhone devices around you getting 5G reception?

Lagos state. I'm within the coverage areas
I don't know anyone with a 5G device
Is there a way to force 5G only on this device. I know how to select band on mediatek but the device is SD
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
dustmalik:

Have you tried checking your network settings to see if 5G is among the selected network type?
I don't know how.
Does SD have an engineering app like mediatek?

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
5G/LTE Debugging information

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by dustmalik: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
Toluene15:

I don't know how.
Does SD have an engineering app like mediatek?
I was erroneously banned yesterday, hence why I couldn't reply your comments.

Now, I am surprised that 5G isn't listed among the network types, even though your device is 5G. However, you may dial *#*#4636#*#* to access the Phone information menu. Then select the one that represents your MTN sim. Now, scroll down and select 'NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA' option. See screenshot below for reference.
Hopefully, it works for you.

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
dustmalik:

Now, I am surprised that 5G isn't listed among the network types, even though your device is 5G. However, you may dial *#*#4636#*#* to access the Phone information menu. Then select the one that represents your MTN sim. Now, scroll down and select 'NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA' option. See screenshot below for reference.

From the image I sent earlier from 5G Debugging information, it seems the 5G software isn't enabled.
I saw a post online where Motorola pushed 5G OTA update to users in India only

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by Toluene15: 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
dustmalik:

UPDATE: I got 5G service from Airtel on my device today. Airtel 5G is active around Ikeja Lagos.
I've still not gotten 5G service from MTN yet.

1 Like

Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by JMonster18: 12:21am On Apr 18
For inquiries, does MTN also use N78 for it's 5G band?
Re: Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� by BadMaster: 3:08am On Apr 18
JMonster18:
For inquiries, does MTN also use N78 for it's 5G band?
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 / Unbelievable!!! Mobile Phone Deducts Airtime On Its Own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.