Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal (30565 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Agree On 14-Member Panel / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate / Osun: PDP To Strike Deal With Omisore, Others​: SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by kingsways: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2022
Good
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by CasNova(m): 9:52am On Aug 27, 2022
Interesting times.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by writeprof(m): 9:54am On Aug 27, 2022
Bye Bye to PDP ;Dಠ_ʖಠ
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Okay
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Ckonnet: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike no get option, forget!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by hush15: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Kwanza:
■PDP candidate to concede key cabinet, NASS positions ■Downplays calls for Ayu’s replacement

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/pdp-crisis-atiku-wike-strike-deal-2/

Anything to kick out this failed government and reject their undeserving candidates

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by DeLaRue: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2022
I suspect the meeting with Atiku was inconclusive. If Wike is 100% back supporting Atiku, the Atiku camp will have flooded the media with positive news leak overnight.

Wike doesn't need to say yes to Atiku in a hurry.

Also, in politics, once you show your hands, as Wike & Atiku have done to each other over the past months, it is difficult to rebuild trust.

Wike will know that any deal he strikes with Atiku now, Atiku will jettison if he wins. Atiku and many powerful people in PDP will deal with Wike if PDP wins, whether or not Wike supports Atiku.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by JealousCobra(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2022
Obi is cruising to Aso Rock.. tongue Wike that I know won't keep to those agreements.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by jubrilELsudan: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2022
THEY MUST GO STRIKE DEAL THEIR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS KUKUNASE FIRST

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
SaiOba:
I don't know what We are thinking but the author made it sound like His Excellency Peter Obi will step down for Atiku OR decamp back to PDP.. That will NEVER happen in this 2023 Presidential election. I don't know if His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Abubakar wants to step down for Peter Obi but all I know is that HE Peter Obi is in this Presidential race to finish it.

Y
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike will be naive to believe Atiku will agree to that terms and agreement after winning

when Atiku had been in politics, Wike will still be struggling with his degree in university yet he felt that kind of man will agree in any terms with him, Atiku started getting bothered because wike is wooing sitting Governors and past gov to his inside which might affect Atiku

Wike goofed by revealing that he will work against Atiku, he should have absorbed his grievances and pains then play Nicollo Machiavelli kind of game

now that his intention is already publicise, he will be politically tamed, the only lifeline wike had now is to work with opposition candidate silently without making noise

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by SmartyPants(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
Last last na still how to share... share... Wike dey fight for.

No be for me and you

So.you dont think ensuring federal character in government has a tricklendown effect to you the common man?

Lol. You dont know anything.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by annisy(f): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
I dey laugh
PDP is a dead party! The next president of Nigeria is between tinubu and Obi... PDP made a mistake giving thier tickets to a northern
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by SamOchuko: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Chinjo2:
A nice move. This is the time to form a united front to chase away the supporter of APC party that has only brought sorrows, pains, blood, banditry and Boko Haram on Nigerians. We must reclaim this country.

Very true, the APC was in power when boko haram started in 2012, they were in power when they bombed the United Nations building in Abuja, continue to deceive yourself
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by SpatialKing(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Strike a deal on what basis?
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2022
SaiOba:
I don't know what We are thinking but the author made it sound like His Excellency Peter Obi will step down for Atiku OR decamp back to PDP.. That will NEVER happen in this 2023 Presidential election. I don't know if His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Abubakar wants to step down for Peter Obi but all I know is that HE Peter Obi is in this Presidential race to finish it.

EXCLUSIVE: Obi Agrees To Deal lear Path For Atiku’s Emergence

BY

ALBUS DAUDA

26 AUGUST 2022

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has reunited with his old boss and PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar, as both parties reportedly agree to a deal to secure the emergence of the latter at an eyebrow-raising meeting held in London this week.

Mr. Peter Obi was running mate to Atiku in 2019 when he challenged for the presidency on the PDP platform and he has repeatedly demonstrated his enduring loyalty to the former Vice President, including recently at the 62nd NBA Conference where his apparent deference formed part of the talking points.

His attendance at the PDP fence-mending meeting in London on Thursday piqued the curiosity of several Nigerians who were dismayed by his open fraternization with members of the “entrenched political class” he is purportedly not a member of and is running to ‘depose’.

The meeting was a gathering of the PDP old and new boys, including Donald Duke, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State, and Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State.

The meeting was a reunion of PDP old and new boys. Although his advisers tried to minimize the potential damaging fallouts of his presence at the high-stake meeting with a careful omission of the former Anambra Governor in pictures of the PDP powerbrokers convening at a table to bargain and agree on political settlements central to the party’s victory in 2023, sources familiar with the discussions have told Podium Reporters that Obi played more than the role of a bystander and was in fact a major discussion point.

We were reliably told that the meeting, also attended by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, was aimed at re-uniting the ranks of the PDP and ensuring that the party posts a united front in 2023 against the ruling APC.

Despite the attention showered on Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike considering his open rebellion threats and recent camaraderie with figures of the APC that gave rise to speculations of a possible decamp, our sources maintained that securing an alliance with Obi, who has managed to excite a notable section of young electorates after leaving the party for the Labour Party, was the more immediate goal of the meeting.

According to our sources, Atiku acknowledged at the meeting that Obi’s emergence as a candidate and soaring popularity amongst a group of electorates have complicated his victory calculations, especially in the Eastern region of the country where he is looking to shore up numbers to make up for a predicted loss in the North East where the popularity of the APC Vice Presidential Candidate, Senator Kashim Shettima, is expected to deliver the region to the ruling party.

Atiku also noted that Obi’s online clatter – much of which has been criticized as characterized by abuse, intimidation, fake news, and driven by secessionist IPOB propaganda network – has drowned out his campaign and threatens his ability to unite the populace behind his preferred electoral narrative as the official opposition to the APC.

To forestall the envisaged danger, Atiku made an offer to Obi to rejoin the PDP family and help clear the path for his emergence, our sources said. Although it remains unclear whether or not the deal includes a possible step down from Obi at the final hour, we were able to gather that both parties agreed to work together to deny the APC votes in certain parts of the country where Obi will effectively play the ‘spoiler’ role.

This also includes the South-west region where Obi has been tasked to continue his posturing as the ‘better alternative’ to the duopoly of the APC and PDP as a decoy to steal votes that would have otherwise gone to the APC. He was also asked to contribute to the PDP’s outreach to the Eastern region where Atiku is looking to diffuse growing tensions and re-establish the PDP as the popular choice.

Obi’s acceptance to play the spoiler role and clear the path for the emergence of Atiku and PDP in 2023 was conditioned on the promised reward of a very senior position in a possible PDP administration should Atiku win the election, our sources claimed. We were not able to ascertain the actual position promised to the former Anambra governor from our sources.

Other sources contacted to ascertain the reward that convinced Obi to join forces with his old boss speculated a possible swap which would see Obi reclaim his previous position as running mate, although that is certain to face legal obstacles. Others have said he may be made to preside over the management of the economy in an Atiku administration.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by bobbey: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2022
Beautiful to behold.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Honestfrend: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Peter Pandora Obituary's supporters in the mud again

30k earner spotted.. Suffer no dey tire u?

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by PenSniper: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
It is from Sun newspaper. I will wait till I read it from other media platforms wink

Meaning the Sun newspaper is not reliable enough.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Guyman01: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
It is from Sun newspaper. I will wait till I read it from other media platforms wink
Like Thisday or Guardian which are serious news carriers
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by onuman: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2022
Kwanza:
■PDP candidate to concede key cabinet, NASS positions ■Downplays calls for Ayu’s replacement

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/pdp-crisis-atiku-wike-strike-deal-2/

Believing that a Fulani man, Atiku, will stick to pre-election agreement when he wins, is like believing someone who promises you that he can make snow to turn black.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by donleo92(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2022
God bless Nigeria God bless PDP God bless me and give me a wife. God Bless Rivers state and Abia state God bless benue state and OYO state. And those states ruled by PDP.
And God bless Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by lokho(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2022
WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES

PDP WILL NOT WIN
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by onuman: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Way to go. The evil party APC must never be trusted with power anymore. They've destroyed almost all the sectors of our beloved country.

Atiku was part and parcel of APC.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by OPICANTO2223: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
Obi should step down for Atiku if Wike reconcile with Atiku

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by baretalk: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
Selfish, selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Rawtruth1: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
Any youth who supports PDPi gs or APC needs to have his mental health examined.

These two twin evils are one and the same.

You all were warned in 2015 but you refused to hear. Another danger is lurking.

Go for Obi and Datti if you still have some sanity left in you Nigerians

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by Ikestan: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike is even trying to make sure key positions comes to South,what are other governors from the south doing?
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by PaNnamdi: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Way to go. The evil party APC must never be trusted with power anymore. They've destroyed almost all the sectors of our beloved country.
U think u are wise with what u typed?
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal by macrodata(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2022
SaiOba:
They don't know. PDP is learning how to propagate false agenda from APC. I suspect that the motive is to give PDP supporters a bit of hope.

Obi cannot & will not step down for Atiku. It's too late for that. If he tries it, it'll be the end of his political career.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / PDP Moves Presidential Primaries To Rivers State: Aspirants Kick / Orji Kalu Meets President Maduro Of Venezuela, The President tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.