Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) (23196 Views)

Kaduna Train Attack: PMB Directs Immediate Implementation Of Surveillance System / Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) / Osinbajo Commissions The Falcon Eye Project At The Naval Headquarters, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Cognitivereason: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:
Why catapult-launch over VTOL?

because the drones are sometimes operated on a war ship WHICH HAS NO RUNWAY undecided undecided
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Ekugbeh(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2022
tsdarkside:

are you blind....??
second naija bridge is nearly completed....
is that a bridge in this age
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by GlobTrotter: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2022
tsdarkside:

you are a joke in black skin....

let me guess....
you are igbo....??

you igbos are the most miserable type of black people....
I just pity for you. Your mentally is so low. Well it's not your fault, it's your society that failed you.
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Yankee101: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2022
Una fit set up similar system for Fulani bandit terrorists and Boko haram?
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Xiaohei(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2022
tsdarkside:

nigeria has already drones and satellite devices....
are you blind....??

cant you see those drones in the pictures are nigerian made....

No, I’m not blind! Since we have drones and satellite devices, why then is it difficult for the government to locate the whereabouts of numerous kidnapped / abducted victims?
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by CSTRR: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2022
And yet they looted a super tanker filled with crude oil from Nigerian Waters.

Integrity is everything.

No matter the sophistication of the machine or policy document, the human factor is the most important.

That is why I support Peter obi.
He goes beyond the policy document and address the impact of the human factors.
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by CSTRR: 9:29am On Aug 27, 2022
savcy:
If not for the economy and security, Buhari really tried.
Lol
What else is there if you failed in the security and economy of your people?

It's like saying if not for mathematics and English that you failed, you really tried in waec.
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by chukel(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2022
All thanks to Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by michoim(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2022
Richy986:
What Buhari’s govt is the result of bad leadership of past govts. Buhari’s govt has invested the most in our military equipments since 1999. He has invested the most as a president in infrastructure since 1999. Its easy to blame Buhari but he has done a lot also in signing some laws that will change Nigeria for good. The Petroleum industrial bill, the new electoral act and many more. A lot of people blaming Buhari today won’t do upto 10 percent if given the chance.
You can say that again...Only God will bless him
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by slaxe1: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2022
I actually do like the name falcon eye

1 Like

Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Germi9: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2022
dryakson:
Pirates laughing because they knew this is not an attack/combat drone grin
I wonder oo!!! then whats the use ? I was looking for a well loaded side by side missile drone but there is nothing here, all i see is a kite grin
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by sexyto(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2022
This is long overdue and should be deployed to the north also, we should leave tribalism out of this and secure Nigeria entirely.
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Osax0: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Everybody know what there did yemi osinbanjo should know how to handle situations very soon he we leave office no be one man get am ��� cry
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Osax0: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Everybody know what there did yemi osinbanjo should know how to handle situations very soon he we leave office no be one man get am ���
Everybody know what there did yemi osinbanjo should know how to handle situations very soon he we leave office no be one man get am ��� cry
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by PaNnamdi: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2022
tsdarkside:
nice....

we should make ourselves ready when this crazy europeans get desperate again....

ghadaffi should be a lesson to the entire black race....
this craze people always came through the seas....
So for your mind now,we can fight the europeans and America abi?
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Didijiji: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2022
Staphylococcus:

If you still typing, then you are a liar!

I expected you to have jumped off a bridge!
you be mumu aswear
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by frog12: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2022
so JONATHAN started it. but they will give credit to buhari
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by drmuchin: 11:07am On Aug 27, 2022
Why domicile the HQ at ABUJA?
What is the business of Sudan savannah with Maritime territory?
Lagos or Port Harcourt would have been ideal location.
I am very sure abokis would be the main people stationed at this Falcon Eye.
Buhari no dey carry last for nepotism

Laidewiess:
With help from

Tekever AR3. A true loyal wingman that doesn't need rest to be at its best. Having eyes in the sky at 15,000 + feet for 24 hours adds a level of endurance to mission planning in Nigeria's maritime domain.

Launched autonomously by a catapult launcher, no runway is required. Four Tekever UAVs ensure that NIMASA has a sustainable round the clock surveillance system from the sky, furnishing real-time information for timely action to keep our waters safe.

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1563342251866345473?t=WTlHNFcFYjYjB-81XdVxbg&s=19
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by 927adekola: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2022
Pirates laughing because they knew this is not an attack/combat drone Pirates laughing because they knew this is not an attack/combat drone ...
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2022
Oyerinde16:
Excellent invention, the UAV should also be deployed to bandits arras for 24 hours round the clock surveillance...

Oh o. How come there is no UAV patrolling Abuja Kaduna highway and train and environs?
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2022
GlobTrotter:
I just pity for you. Your mentally is so low. Well it's not your fault, it's your society that failed you.

you are igbo,right....??

not hard to guess....
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Enyimbamercedes: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Cognitivereason:

because the drones are sometimes operated on a war ship WHICH HAS NO RUNWAY undecided undecided

My point exactly! How do you land a catapult-launched drone without a runway? There are two ways; a runway or a sky hook or net! A VTOL is a vertical Take off and Landing drone so it takes off vertically then transitions into forward flight and lands vertically so you do not need a runway or capture mechanism
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by naijapikin2(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Let's hope corruption will not blind that eye. Just like the eagle on efcc has only one eye, the other eye has been blinded by kwarapshun.
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
PaNnamdi:

So for your mind now,we can fight the europeans and America abi?

you scared of them morafvckers....??

do you think they would have managed to conquer the entire native american lands without tricks....??
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Cognitivereason: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:

My point exactly! How do you land a catapult-launched drone without a runway? There are two ways; a runway or a sky hook or net! A VTOL is a vertical Take off and Landing drone so it takes off vertically then transitions into forward flight and lands vertically so you do not need a runway or capture mechanism

yeah.. I believe they have a skyhock on board or so..in any way they must have gotten that figured..

VTOL has it disadvantages ..a major one is ..it requires a huge amount of energy to both take off and land..
anyways most military drones are fixed wing with no VTOL..I believe there is a reason
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by GlobTrotter: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
tsdarkside:

you are igbo,right....??

not hard to guess....
racist biggot Shame on you

I'm not even Igbo. You need to work on yourself
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
GlobTrotter:
racist biggot Shame on you

I'm not even Igbo. You need to work on yourself

bwahahahaha....!!
you funny....
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Cromagnon: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Na so, Tinubu saw the human capital in Nigeria and in his parochial short-sightedness believed that what is good for the Nigeria youths is to recruit FIFTY MILLION of them to the military.

What is wrong with that?
All Israel's Scandinavians, Taiwanese, south south Korea, dutch, Swiss people are military trained. ALL.
HE only suggested 1/4

He didn't stop there, he believes not in even paying them for their services but rather to feed them corn and cassava exclusively!

You that is forming boujie
Wetin you de chop daily
No be corn and cassava ?

It is alleged that Tinubu dealt on heroin, what is the possibility that most of his followers are on drugs? It's highly possible, because the way most of you reason is not normal.
Alleged

All right thinking, patriotic and progressive Nigerians know that Peter Obi is the hope of our nation.

Does Anambra look like it has hope?
State where they can't move about on Monday's?

Daalụ
Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by NAVYdogg: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
sulakishop:
Let's see how long it will stand the test of time...

It's been standing the test of time since 2015 cos that's were I work and it's only getting better with new sensors introduced almost every year.

1 Like

Re: Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) by Enyimbamercedes: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
Cognitivereason:

yeah.. I believe they have a skyhock on board or so..in any way they must have gotten that figured..

VTOL has it disadvantages ..a major one is ..it requires a huge amount of energy to both take off and land..
anyways most military drones are fixed wing with no VTOL..I believe there is a reason

You are correct about the energy draw fro take off and landing but with a hybrid drone, that won’t be an issue. If it has an onboard generator then that won’t be an issue. Anyway, I feel the advantages of a VTOL far outweigh the disadvantages… but like you said, they have a reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Meets Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman (Photos) / Governor Matawalle Sacks Abubakar Chika Ibrahim, Emir Of Maru / Obidient Peace Concert Holds On August 8th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.