Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union (16922 Views)

ASUU Rejects Curriculum Designed By NUC / ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by ryloy: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2022
havenz:
ASUU should make sure they collect all their demand from fed. gov. before calling off the strike once and for all, we are tired of all the promise and fail stuff.
Including State Universities?

You guys will get sense by force

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Timekeeper452: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2022
ASUU dey para oo. I like this, the only organization to truly fight for their rights against this tyrannical government. Stay strong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by ryloy: 10:58am On Aug 27, 2022
benardtotti:

My question is who is paying the salaries of state university lecturers and staff ?is it fg or state?we seriously need to clarify this cos if its state paying salaries then the lecturers have no biz going on strike with federal workers .
This is a kindergarten question
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Timekeeper452: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2022
Youngwiz71:
LoL now instead of fighting FG, they're fighting themselves.... As far as am concerned FG has won ASUU... Students are the biggest losers and ASUU has lost as well.....

ASUU has lost more than half of the public support...
no, they haven’t.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by sekem: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2022
Addme:
Very very soon, ASUU will lose relevance and everyone will see them for who they are.

Bunch of Selfish People

As far as I am concerned, ASUU is a major part of the problem now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Timekeeper452: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Trash from a a quack state university

Show me one successful research the school has carried out...

Show me the school farm,let's see the progress..

Ndi ala
fund them the way other countries fund their universities. Prioritize education just like other countries do and watch them carry out successful research. Nigerians are really cows o.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by benardtotti(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2022
ryloy:

This is a kindergarten question

So pls kindly provide answer sir .

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Youngwiz71(m): 11:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Timekeeper452:
no, they haven’t.

They have sir, if you watched the series "money heist" you'll realize one thing they never wanted to lose in that heist was the public opinion, when fighting the government you need the public support....

The moment the reason for this continued strike changed from the revitalization of the varsities to their 6 months salary which they never worked for in the first place noticed that unlike before when the total blame was on FG now it is being shared between both, as a result state unis are beginning to resume and trust me it wouldn't end with KASU, EKSU OR UNIOSUN, more will follow especially with this outburst from the ASUU's president..

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Timekeeper452: 11:09am On Aug 27, 2022
Youngwiz71:

They have sir, if you watched the series "money heist" you'll realize one thing they never wanted to lose in that heist was the public opinion, when fighting the government you need the public support....

The moment the reason for this continued strike changed from the revitalization of the varsities to their 6 months salary which they never worked for in the first place noticed that unlike before when the total blame was on FG now it is being shared between both, as a result state unis are beginning to resume and trust me it wouldn't end with KASU, EKSU OR UNIOSUN, more will follow especially with this outburst from the ASUU's president..
maybe you mean the support of this weird website. As for the public I know of, everyone I know is blaming the federal government for all this. Just imagine the solution you are looking for , rather than have the government settle this once and for all. You want the strike to be temporarily suspended and again next year they go on another strike because the FG has renegaded again on its promises. The FG should prioritize eduction in a country they arr governing . Do this and watch ASUU, and other form of strikes become History.

Have you ever seen ministers or aides go on strike? They are prioritized.
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Valuepaints20(m): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2022
Ok
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Trash from a a quack state university

Show me one successful research the school has carried out...

Show me the school farm,let's see the progress..

Ndi ala

why are you so pained?

What's your business with that school?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Pityoobi: 11:15am On Aug 27, 2022
Yet to see any Zoogerians or zoombidients that can dispute the picture below. Na insults and foolish talk dem dey display. Tell us why we should believe that obi is not funding and supporting Biafra by using their logo on their beer business he invested millions of dollars of Anambra state funds, this is the best logo they can use...and the clown wan be Nigeria president.... He's better a Zoogerians president.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by ayoawhy007: 11:15am On Aug 27, 2022
If need 1000 subscriber permanent subscribe r,likes, comment and watch hour...
then YouTube growth support whatapp group.
https:///H28fLtcIrnw5XNecqv0pTT
Send your channel link.
we will subscribe than you subscribe our channel
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Etimemy: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2022
If what concerns APC led Federal Government,they would have quickly intervened within 24hrs but this is not their business. All their children are schooling in abroad,how then strike will affect them.
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Emeka71(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
Word up Cuz’

I know ASUU are up to no good after all
ASUU seem to mean business this time.
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by hush15: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2022
Omonieme:
Mtcheew. ASUU matter Don tire me. These bunch of selfish pricks. While their reason for the strike itself is noteworthy, there's this saying of coming to equity with clean hands. Even ASUU themselves are super corrupt. It's ASUU members that do both sex and cash for grades. It's same ASUU members that occupy positions in schools and they can't account for monies generated. While indeed, there should be a revitalization of the tertiary education sector in Nigeria as this current system whereby over 70% of Nigerian public universities graduates never did a plagiarism test of their research projects can't go on forever, ASUU should stop being sanctimonious as they share in the blame. That aside, is this strike not killing Nigerian universities further? You claim to be protecting the interests of the common man but its the common man that's most affected by your strike. See my now, my younger brother ought to have graduated April this year with his house rent expiring by May. Now we're in August, house rent has expired and the young man doesn't even have an idea when strike will finally be called off and when it's finally called off, I have to pay even more for house rent and all. And these people will still get paid for the period they are at home.
Sorry for my rant abeg. These people matter dey pain me. Abeg, I've got some nice cars for sale make I for fit pay my brother fees when ASUU finally answer them. I've got Toyota Avensis 2003, Sienna, Honda, Toyota Camry, you just name it and I've got it... All with original clearance papers and at very fair prices. Click on my profile and see for yourself. I'll be expecting your DM

Forget selfish... let them fight for what's right. We are all beneficiaries.

Happy teachers =Happy School= Happy Students
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Youngwiz71(m): 11:22am On Aug 27, 2022
Timekeeper452:
maybe you mean the support of this weird website. As for the public I know of, everyone I know is blaming the federal government for all this. Just imagine the solution you are looking for , rather than have the government settle this once and for all. You want the strike to be temporarily suspended and again next year they go on another strike because the FG has renegaded again on its promises. The FG should prioritize eduction in a country they arr governing . Do this and watch ASUU, and other form of strikes become History. So

Have you ever seen ministers or aides go on strike? They are prioritized.

Maybe it's just the people you've met, as for the people have spoken to, the support for ASUU has really dropped....

But u are right sir on ur other opinion, but the big question remains, does this government priorize education It's an absolute NO, Abacha loot which will be received can be used to settle ASUU but No they wouldn't want to do it instead they'll say they want to use it for some other project....

So should the students continue suffering under this irresponsible govt especially when you and I know this govt administration will be over in less than a year??

Even if ASUU wins and the govt succumbs to what they want, who says the next govt will implement the agreement which is made as of now, is the current strike not also because of Agreements made by previous govt as well??

FOR NOW I think they can find a common ground with the govt by asking them to pay 3 months salary instead of 6, after all the students who are suffering the most nobody will pay them for wanted time and rent...

Let the students return to school...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by hush15: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2022
Youngwiz71:

Maybe it's just the people you've met, as for the people have spoken to, the support for ASUU has really dropped....

But u are right sir on ur other opinion, but the big question remains, does this government priorize education It's an absolute NO, Abacha loot which will be received can be used to settle ASUU but No they wouldn't want to do it instead they'll say they want to use it for some other project....

So should the students continue suffering under this irresponsible govt especially when you and I know this govt administration will be over in less than a year??

Even if ASUU wins and the govt succumbs to what they want, who says the next govt will implement the agreement which is made as of now, is the current strike not also because of Agreements made by previous govt as well??

FOR NOW I think they can find a common ground with the govt by asking them to pay 3 months salary instead of 6, after all the students who are suffering the most nobody will pay them for wanted time and rent...

My support still remains strong. Like I said earlier...

Happy teachers=happy school=happy students=productive labor force=progressive society=security=economic growth and development

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by onuman: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/ASUU-rejects-EKSU-resumption-order-UNIOSUN-tackles-union

ASUU leadership anywhere must not allow its head to be infested with people of Western Education is Haram in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Nasir123(m): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2022
benardtotti:

My question is who is paying the salaries of state university lecturers and staff ?is it fg or state?we seriously need to clarify this cos if its state paying salaries then the lecturers have no biz going on strike with federal workers .

States pays the staffs of their institutions,not FG
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Timekeeper452: 11:43am On Aug 27, 2022
Youngwiz71:

taking your point and breaking it down. If every organization I this country decides to succumb to the FG Willy nilly attitude and nonchalant approach, nothing would work in Nigeria. You are only choosing to blame those employed by the government (ASUU), for students staying at home, rather than the FG that receives every money these universities and education sector generates. ASUU employees are human beings too, and parents to those children you are talking about. They want the best for their place if work and to be paid well for their job in the face of a terrible hardship. Blame the government that can afford to prioritize these poor children/students you talk about, but choose not to, but rather prioritize railways, elections, aides, campaigns, and buying cars for other countries.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by ashewoboy(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2022
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Lumig: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
sad
I don't know what to call this from ASUU. It seems Professor Osodeke is codedly a PDP person. It's a subtle way of campaigning for his candidate
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by ufotunang: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
ASUU any school that wants to resume allow them to resume... students are tired of staying at home for many months..there are ageing..their future ambition is delayed and threatened by this ASUU strike causing delay in .their life ambition and career...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by raymexx: 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
Addme:
Very very soon, ASUU will lose relevance and everyone will see them for who they are.

Bunch of Selfish People
Keep praying for ASUU to lose relevance, it's then you will understand that why most of our public primary and secondary schools are looking like abandoned poultries was due to NUT loosing relevance.
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by raymexx: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2022
Jesuslvzme:
ASUU bunch of selfish people
Keep calling ASUU selfish untill the government turn our public Universities to the state of our public primary schools
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by f1dark(f): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
Atarakpa:
When two elephant fight, the grass suffer. In this case the student is the receiving end.
agreed to you tjis is Natural law..
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Emeka71:
ASUU seem to mean business this time.
bet bet
I hope they can make something out of it
Re: ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union by asanausana91: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
If am the president I will take a drastic action that will retire some government officials in education as well as some ASSU officials

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unizik Post Utme 2012-2013 / Five Inmates Of Kirikiri Prison Bag University Degrees From National Open Uni. / How Many Time Did You Write WAEC/GCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.