Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers (956 Views)

Qatar Airways Is 2019 World's Best Airlines, See The Top 10 African Airlines / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Qatar Airways Launches Double Bed In Business Class (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers by Jollylolly(f): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Online travel booking company, Travelstart, has been accused of defrauding passengers who book flight on their website.

According to a passenger who booked a flight via Travelstart, the booking conned them by refusing to reschedule a flight that was cancelled by Qatar Airways.

The passenger said that he had booked a return ticket from Nigeria to Canada but about two weeks after he arrived in Canada, Qatar Airways sent a mail informing him of changes to the return flight.

The passenger with booking reference V7M8PB said that many Nigerians are forced to use Travelstart because airlines demand that they pay for tickets in dollars.

“Qatar Airways did not reschedule the flight, they just announced that changes had been made to our flight and that we should contact our local agent to reschedule or seek refund.”

The email sent by Qatar Airways which was sited by Chronicle NG read, “Dear valued customer, We are reaching out to inform you that unfortunately, your booking has been changed due to operational reasons and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Qatar 2022: Beckham urged to speak out about human rights abuse
“Please note that this is a no reply message. On receipt of this notification, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking or arrange for a refund*.

“To remain updated with any changes to your travel plans, please download our mobile app or simply scan the below QR code.

“We sincerely appreciate your understanding on this matter,” Qatar Airways said.

On contacting Travelstart, the booking company said that it could not reschedule the flight or refund.

The passenger said that a visit to the Travelstart office in Ikeja, Lagos did not help matters either but an email was eventually sent on 23 August, 2022.

It reads, “Dear Guest, We have checked your booking and your partially used ticket has no refund value after deducting the cost of the one-way ticket , refund penalty, non-refundable taxes, and our admin fee.

“Should you need further assistance/clarification, do not hesitate to contact us.”

According to the passenger, “A follow up email asking Travelstart to open the ticket was not replied. A visit to the Ikeja office of Travelstart did not help matters.”

“All efforts to get Qatar Airways to act also proved abortive”

The passenger said the matter will now be reported to the Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission.

“I hope that Mr Tunde Irukera and his team will take urgent steps to curb the fleecing of Nigerians by Travelstart,” the passenger said.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2022/08/27/travelstart-qatar-scam-passengers/

Re: Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
It is good to hear more sides of the story.
Re: Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers by Jogs1900: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
I think travelstat needs to be sanctioned.They are scammers.Imagine I bought a return ticket from them last year for 700k.Due to change in my travelling plan, I requested for refund of ticket fare.They manage to refund just 85k ooo. So pathetic.
Re: Travelstart, Qatar Airways Collude To Scam Nigeria Passengers by essentialone(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Travelstart is the worst service company in Nigeria. Total Scammers. Run far away from them.

(1) (Reply)

Lokoja Blocked, How Do I Reach Abuja. / Naija Man In Lima, Peru! Great Food, People And Art! / Advice Needed On My Greencard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.