Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal (48501 Views)

Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by 1east: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Anambra now has two cardinals. The highest for any single state in Africa
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Sniper101(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2022
Here I was thinking they were implying that the dude was actually ordained by the current Pope of the Vatican City

What nonsense!
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by sniperr007(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2022
RepoMan007:
Politics has almost no boundary for desperate politicians. Appearing anywhere and identifying everywhere.

Well, for obi's defense, the cardinal and Obi are from same state and practice the same faith and creed.
It's even important that Nigeria sends a delegate to attend such events.

It's like saying that one Iman from Lagos is appointed in Saudi as a top Islamic cleric.

Tinubu will be there and even sanwo Olu will be there.
Appreciate your own. That's what's happening.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Slmgirldippussy: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2022
This has nothing to do with NURTW so don't expect Tinubu or Sanwo Olu there
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Freebills12: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
SmartPolician:
I see the massive Basilica Papale di San Pietro

I look forward to visiting someday for the Solemn Pontifical High Mass

Congratulations to Cardinal Okpaleke!

A senior member of the Church sighted.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by OkoRemi2023(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
Nice one.
Obi is so energetic, how he manage to be everywhere, is what I don't understand.

We need this kind of hard-working man as the president.

I thought you guys said he's a youth, why then are you surprise that a youth is playing ball and jumping from one plane to another plane
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by slaxe2: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
Massive congratulations are in order

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Dmacqh(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mbaise people rejected this man as their Bishop because of tribalism and sentiment. He’s now a Cardinal and Prince of the Holy See. God is good and his ways aren’t the way of men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by MikeofAfrica: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
ExAngel007:

https://www.thecable.ng/photos-obi-soludo-present-as-pope-francis-ordains-okpaleke-as-cardinal/amp?nonamp=1

We have a lot of works to do in the Christian family of Nigeria. This same man was rejected as a Bishop by Mbaise diocese in Imo state because he is from Anambra state.
However the white men who will always accuse of racism finds him worthy of being a Cardinal.
Until the Christian family in Nigeria close their ranks and love one another, we will continue to be denied our rights by our Muslim brothers.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Elidrisy20: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
He is now the indigene of Vatican
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by abokikhalifa: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

Why are you having sleepless night because of Peter Obi.

This is the reason why APC lost Osun. You guys were busy attacking Labour Party and left PDP who's your main opposition.

It will shock una again in 2023.

Meaning PDP will win next elections be that na
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Meaning PDP will win next elections be that na

I am Obidiently Atikulated.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Emmanuel909090: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by pinknipple: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
The Catholic Church have something in common with islam.
When war break,we will understand the true power of unity and oneness.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by nedekid: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2022
seunmsg:
They went to Rome in Aso Ebi for the event. Nigerians are really special breeds grin
To show support.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by nedekid: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
nkemdi89:
Mbaise people frustrated bishop okpaleke that year
For real?
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by nedekid: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

We have a lot of works to do in the Christian family of Nigeria. This same man was rejected as a Bishop by Mbaise diocese in Imo state because he is from Anambra state.
However the white men who will always accuse of racism finds him worthy of being a Cardinal.
Until the Christian family in Nigeria close their ranks and love one another, we will continue to be denied our rights by our Muslim brothers.
But his name sounds Yoruba.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by MikeofAfrica: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
nedekid:

Bishop Okpaleke is from Amesi in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by MikeofAfrica: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
nedekid:

1 Like

Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by stevups(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Why Peter Obi always wears black outfits?
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by nedekid: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

Thanks for the info.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Proudlyomonna: 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
May God pour more Grace upon His humble servant.
I was expecting so much from Father Mbaka,but unfortunately He got lost in political jamboree.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by abokikhalifa: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

I am Obidiently Atikulated.

You honestly dont know what u want
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 29, 2022
Church of Satan... The truth is bitter, but it must be told.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:48am On Aug 29, 2022
abokikhalifa:

You honestly dont know what u want

Sometimes we have two options in life.

Peter Obi is my first option.
Atiku is my second option.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by tishbite42: 5:00am On Aug 29, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

What the Mbaise people did was very repugnant to every common sense person and an affront to the Holy See, especially the Pope. Personally, this is a 'fuvk you' gesture to them.
Anyone who denies you your right can never be your brother.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by tishbite42: 5:03am On Aug 29, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
May God pour more Grace upon His humble servant.
I was expecting so much from Father Mbaka,but unfortunately He got lost in political jamboree.
I'm not sure if Mbaka will ever be a Bishop
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by Proudlyomonna: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2022
tishbite42:
I'm not sure if Mbaka will ever be a Bishop

It will be very difficult,He has been into too many political controversies that doesn't speak well of His call.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by abokikhalifa: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

Sometimes we have two options in life.

Peter Obi is my first option.
Atiku is my second option.

On the day of election u can only vote for one person
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2022
abokikhalifa:

On the day of election u can only vote for one person

I will vote for Peter Obi for sure.
Re: Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal by adonaimart(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Congratulations to him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.