Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,752 members, 7,827,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz (18373 Views)

An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz / Buju BNXN's "Bad Since 97" Album Review - TrendyBeatz / Fireboy DML "Playboy Album" Review - TrendyBeatz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by dfrost: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
Youoareofoolish:

he is not looking for your audience. he has it already.

Thank you mate cheesy

2 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Omeizadean(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
A must listen to. Haven't had the time to lay my hands on it yet.
Would have preferred he featured Kendrick Lamar on one of track. I always feel their arts looks and sound similar in some ways

2 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Honchoslim16(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
I don't remember when last i listened to Nigerian Rap.

Hip Hop all the way
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by phemmyfour: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
dfrost:

Trust me. The numbers are in our side.
Keep living in denial
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by phemmyfour: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
Youoareofoolish:

he is not looking for your audience. he has it already.
Never mentioned anything about audience
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Rahkman: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Rap and hip hop is a dead genre in nigeria if u no sabi sing kpangolo rubbish like them fireboy joeboy rema wizkid and the likes you are wasting ur time.....he should check back in 2015 maybe nigerians might listen
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by solexybaba(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Music is an art if information sharing. Bt some people don't actually no dat.de think because rap music dnt rock much in ds part den it should not b done.far from dat.rappers r most intelligent musicians u can find. If u no u no.big ups 2 m.i aka jude abeg. Repping ur tunes since time immemorial. Cnt wait 4 my guy Jesse jags 2 giv us son gud ish again.

3 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Pootle: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
one pimple dey em forehead

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by jojothaiv(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
It's nearly two decades and not over two decades

The MI and Vector tirade was purely business, I'm glad some hip hop heads saw through it and here we are.

It's time Jude pass the baton to A-Q, man has tried.

All in all, it's a decent body of work and not on par with probably his first two albums and the first two Illegal Music mixtapes. Might just be in the same category as Judah.
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Biafranodogwu55: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Doyou2019:

MI is a Nairalander..
If you know, you know.
Badtt guyy

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Oejozeff(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hey guys my name is oejozeff I'm a cartoonist/Animator (animation creator)

Pls check my new animation on YouTube, I don't know how to post video here I would have to post it here. Abeg make una correct me if I make mistake, sometimes I just feel like to give up embarassed embarassed

https://youtube.com/shorts/BmuBc__i5eo

2 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by BlackAIIDay: 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Dozie32:
African rapper no 1

When there's A Reece, Matosan, Big Hash and Nasty C

Folks be thinking rap music revolves around Nigeria in Africa.

SA currently have the best rappers in Africa and only a few Nigerian rappers will make top 10. And MI ain't one
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by CedarHoldings: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Doyou2019:

MI is a Nairalander..

If you know, you know.
yes, you knows too

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Cleanworld(f): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
TheirFADA:
As much as i love rap music, it doesn't really sell here. Nigerians don't appreciate it

main reason why olamide and phyno switched to singing. In one of Olamide's song, he specifically said "I don't want to rap again, it doesn't bring money, singing brings more money"

Nigerians mostly want what they can groove and dance to, play at parties, clubs, receptions etc

May he should diversify, he can start to collabo grin
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Akabuking: 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
Pootle:
one pimple dey em forehead
grin grin you mumu aswear
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Mbo07: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
yungpowers:
My love for rap no go kill me. wink
Have been waiting for this album for only God knows when. tongue tongue

I just open teeth when I saw the song and when the play button came on, I know I was just about to yout myself addicted again to this jukun boy

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Sucre6: 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:

You ain't alone bro. I'm equally rapdicted

Thank God we still got some sane people who love the game, no be all this buga, kpangolo music they sing here with very wack lyrics and weak punchlines embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Sucre6: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Oejozeff:
Hey guys my name is oejozeff I'm a cartoonist/Animator (animation creator)

Pls check my new animation on YouTube, I don't know how to post video here I would have to post it here. Abeg make una correct me if I make mistake, sometimes I just feel like to give up embarassed embarassed

https://youtube.com/shorts/BmuBc__i5eo

I have just saved your link, I will sure watch and subscribe

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by 4ward4: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
Risingblue008:
Mr Incredible
MI (that short guy)
This guy no dey dt connected,if not he would have been stage with
Ti
Mims
Chingy.
The only musician who all Tru he's album track no gets
Pigin
Yoruba
Ibo

Go and verify
Or even he's own tribe
Jos

I Cut hand for the guy

He isn't Jos ,he is a Jukun from Taraba...He even said it in this album

2 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Doctortest: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Doyou2019:

Successfully
Most Tubaba fans still address him as 2Face. This thing called brand name too dey stick.
Buju successfully switched to Bnxn
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by error4040: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Risingblue008:
Mr In
Pigin
Yoruba
Ibo

No na bro, this is FALSE
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by femiasaolu2014: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
TL: DR The album is mid at best, with little to no replay value.

No track on that album will be remembered a year from now, unlike "Anoti", "Safe" or "Crowd Mentality" from his "Talk about it" 2008 album.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Edoziesmart(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
Rahkman:
Rap and hip hop is a dead genre in nigeria if u no sabi sing kpangolo rubbish like them fireboy joeboy rema wizkid and the likes you are wasting ur time.....he should check back in 2015 maybe nigerians might listen
But rap and hip-hop is one of the music genre I like so much. I can't remember downloading afrobeat on any of my music device here. That's why I don't give a middle finger to Davido, Burna and WizKid music since the time they started.
For rema, fireboy and the rest new school afrobeat singers I don't even know all these ones even if I see them on TV or social media.

Rap/ hip-hop is life. Just that some Nigeria hip-hop rappers are not giving me joy now e.g M.I boy (blaqbonez)
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Spandau: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
phemmyfour:
He should just retire already ....rap doesn't sell here

You better shut up. Listener of junk music.

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by error4040: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
femiasaolu2014:
TL: DR The album is mid at best, with little to no replay value.

No track on that album will be remembered a year from now, unlike "Anoti", "Safe" or "Crowd Mentality" from his "Talk about it" 2008 album.

Safe would forever be his best project to me
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Streetmovement(m): 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Wotoporiously cool Speaking

M.I Abaga; The guy album

Maximum salama

2 Likes

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Majesty33(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Thanks MI my nigga, now let me go and start downloading the tracks for immediate enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by femiasaolu2014: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
error4040:

Safe would forever be his best project to me

Safe is a record off his Talk About It album. Which I referred to.

MI has lost his sauce, and his songs no longer have that Oomph factor his songs had when he was much younger.

Also the same way Jay Z has lost it.

Listen to his verse off DJ Khalid's latest project.
Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by 2ndchildhood(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mi murdered Nas on'Bigger'

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Eyanbahose: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:
The 2nd Nigerian rapper I can listen to anytime any day.
first is who? I wanna guess, Poe?

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz by Josbreed: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
Risingblue008:
Mr Incredible
MI (that short guy)
This guy no dey dt connected,if not he would have been stage with
Ti
Mims
Chingy.
Pigin
Yoruba
Ibo

Go and verify
Or even he's own tribe
Jos
I Cut hand for the guy

So Jos is now a tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido - 'Nwa Baby' (Video) / Iceprince And Birdman [see The Photo] / Which Song Are You Using As Your Ringtone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.