Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' (21755 Views)

Man Murders His Girlfriend In Oghara, Delta Over 'Infidelity' (Graphic Photos) / NDLEA Intercepts 1.6 Kilograms Of Controlled Drugs En-route Turkey / Yahoo Boys Fight Dirty In Delta Over Pick Up Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by LaSenior: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
cheesy
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
You're a big fool! When we call them names you tagged us ipob! Useless doctor.. Getatofhia!
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by GloriousGbola: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
No licence plate, but the number on the pickup done cast them.

We will hopefully soon see them with the wind out of their sails in dismissal ceremony on SM.

Only escape for them is if they took cash rather than transfer
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Exceed15: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
Rated the worse in the world. Useless element
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by staga: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
You are a very stupid medical doctor.

You are allowed to handle drugs as per your profession. You allow Nigerian police to intimidate you to that extent that an illiterate policeman who cannot withstand you in any setting will turn the case around to extort you of N50,000.

You are indeed a fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by pocom16: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is too bad.

he should locate their station ASAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLClcjDXD0k
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by iramure(m): 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
These people keep destroying the image of Nigeria internationally. I was once a victim, that day i went to buy some veterinary pharmaceuticals for my animals, these animals stopped me and demanded why i shouldn't be arrested for being in possession of the drugs. After introducing myself as a vet, the idiot demanded for my licence to be sure i was a vet. At last he delayed me for close to 1 hour because my license wasn't around. I approached a superior officer who orderd the goat to let me go.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by ibechris(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
These policemen would be sacked before Friday next week...

This IGP no send anybody.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Exceed15: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Splitmind:
The so called doctor is a bloody liar. The police will not search you unless you are guilty.

People from that region are known for dealing in drugs anyway.

Why can't they just arrest him and take him to station for further investigation.. but they quickly robbed him of 50k.. u sef na thief

7 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by shortIGBOman: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Na all those Peter Obi's Brothers, wey dey make and sell fake drugs be this. He run come online to buy sympathy. Useless criminals. The North will soon give them independence. Make them go dey do their fake drugs for their tiny underdeveloped Biafra

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by bestman09(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
noble71:
shocked
They will be dealt with appropriately. The new IGP doesn't take nonsense.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us
[b][/b].

How much are you buying PI?
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by soke02(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
Thank God u were able to snapped their pictures, u will get ur money back and these ones will loose their job.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Jeffy1206(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
The same thing happened with my brother. A drug used for SS patients fa. undecided
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by tolugar: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
nlfpmod:
As shared by a Twitter user, Nneji Henry:

https://twitter.com/nneji_henry/status/1563858838683623426

He should have brought out his id. No intimidation will stand that.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by valiju: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hope you didn’t see the part where he said he use those drug …possibly on prescription
FreeStuffsNG:

Controlled substances are not and should never be in the hands of medical doctors and non-Pharmacists to carry around. He is wrong and the police were right and should have prosecuted him but they went about it the wrong way.

Only licensed Pharmacists can be in stock of controlled substances in significant quantities because they are licensed by law and have a poison register they keep that regulators monitor periodically.

It is only an ignorant healthcare professional who does not know that a medical doctor's license does not cover his movement of controlled substances around. This is because he is not a drug expert, he does not know how best to store them and can be used as a conduit for moving fake controlled substances into the medicine distribution chain.

This is a lesson to non-Pharmacists not to be ignorant. The Nigerian police officers are not ignorant as you think o wink

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by OnonujuChrist(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
That's what @NPF men does now especially when you are traveling.. out of fear of the unknown you will quickly succumb to their threat pattern.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Belteshazzar1: 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
I recieve the news with a great shock..........
Don't worry, we will suspend and sanction them all..
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by GistFullGround: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2022

"retrain them"

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by SKYHIGHfx: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
noble71:
shocked
They will be dealt with appropriately. The new IGP doesn't take nonsense.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.

How much are u buying
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by shortIGBOman: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
You're a big fool! When we call them names you tagged us ipob! Useless doctor.. Getatofhia!

IPOB sighted.

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by cblack247(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Unfortunately, like most Nigerian youths who comment online, most of you and other comments above are ignorant.

Controlled substances are not and should never be in the hands of medical doctors and non-Pharmacists to carry around. He is wrong and the police were right and should have prosecuted him but they went about it the wrong way.

Only licensed Pharmacists can be in stock of controlled substances in significant quantities because they are licensed by law , trained on how to handle them and have a poison register they keep that regulators monitor periodically for the well being of the public health . Just to dispose expired controlled substances alone must go through regulatory process and if not, those expired controlled substances will go back into circulation if you allow folks like him non-expert handling of controlled substances.

It is only an ignorant healthcare professional who does not know that a medical doctor's license does not cover his movement of controlled substances around. This is because he is not a drug expert, he does not know how best to store them and can be used as a conduit for moving fake controlled substances into the medicine distribution chain.

This is a lesson to non-Pharmacists not to be ignorant. The Nigerian police officers are not ignorant as you think o wink
Did you see me mention that he was right to be in possession of controlled substance? I said hungry policemen who take advantage of every situation to take bribe should be prosecuted. The doctor himself should be prosecuted as applicable

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by FreeStuffsNG: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
valiju:
Hope you didn’t see the part where he said he use those drug …possibly on prescription
Stop it; please. It is enough mockery of his intelligence already that I have started doubting if he is truly a healthcare professional.

This is a specialty field, not your regular social media topics. The police were right but went about it the wrong way. He should have been prosecuted and reported to MDCN.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by shortIGBOman: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Unfortunately, like most Nigerian youths who comment online, most of you and other comments above are ignorant.

Only licensed Pharmacists can be in stock of controlled substances in significant quantities because they are licensed by law , trained on how to handle them and have a poison register they keep that regulators monitor periodically for the well being of the public health . Just to dispose expired controlled substances alone must go through regulatory process and if not, those expired controlled substances will go back into circulation if you allow folks like him non-expert handling of controlled substances.

God bless you for this unbiased piece. Na better School you go.

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by DadaHammed: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Stop deceiving yourself, I know Pharmacists who the police have extorted in similar manner. A blood relative is one. Stop defending wickedness before you die a painful miserable death. Listen to your conscience, if you are able to reactivate it and become human again.

4 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by FreeStuffsNG: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
DadaHammed:

Stop deceiving yourself, I know Pharmacist who the police have extorted in similar manner. A blood relative is one. Stop defending wickedness before you die a painful miserable death. Listen to your conscience, if you are able to reactivate it and become human again.
Please stay on politics section sir wink
This is serious issue about public health.
No Pharmacist can be arrested by police for moving controlled substances. There are protocols for moving controlled substances and not just anwering the title as Pharmacist.

If you do not observe the regulatory and professional protocols, you can be stopped by police and even fellow Pharmacists on the suspicion of impersonating a Pharmacist.

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Dimitarr: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Splitmind:
The so called doctor is a bloody liar. The police will not search you unless you are guilty.

People from that region are known for dealing in drugs anyway.

Another "coo coo for cocoa puffs" spotted. Even if you see red infront of you will still call it color Buhari. I can understand if you say lets hear both sides of the story but you somehow magically have a wand that has polled the millions of citizens in that region and they all deal in drugs, baa.
Again, coo coo for cocoa puffs
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Mercury12(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Which kind road be that? I thought the ore axis has exit to the Niger bridge when one is traveling down from Lagos to Benin or vice versa .
Well as for Nigerian police. Most of them are criminals in uniform. Nothing surprise me about them anymore
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by hope4nigeria(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
God1000:
Nigerian police needs to weed out bad elements among them.

No doubt we have a very corrupt police force, but I've used them to settle so many issues, I can't totally condemn them

They will ask you to pay between 1-2k before they will follow you to arrest the person.

I've walked into army barracks many times as well and soldiers never asked me for kobo before doing what I ask them to do
all of them are bad that's the problem
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Sablexxxtoons: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
Some friends of mine .. vet doctors had this happen to them.

Medicine for animals they had to settle for carrying on them.

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by DadaHammed: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Please stay on politics section sir wink
This is serious issue about public health.
No Pharmacist can be arrested by police for moving controlled substances. There are protocols for moving controlled substances and not just anwering the title as Pharmacist.

If you do not observe the regulatory and professional protocols, you can be stopped by police and even fellow Pharmacists on the suspicion of impersonating a Pharmacist.

Stop pretending to be of high intellect. You are not. The police monkeys you defend stop travellers in lonely roads and extort anyone- Doctors, Pharmacists, Med Lab Scientists et al. with threats. Even if they find a tablet of paracetamol on that lonely road, they'll claim it is 'ecstacy tablets', then have you struggling to prove that 'white is white'.

A Med Scientist friend was once stopped and searched by the police along Enugu-Osha expressway and was found with Blood PT test kits he got from his colleague at a stop over in Awka. Police claimed he uses it for 'abortion' that he must pay or forget about his trip for that to FETHA Abakiliki.

Stop defending evil for crumbs by throwing away your brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cultists Kill Man For Obstructing Land Deal (photo) / 25-Year-Old Man Paraded Along With Others For Raping 10-Year-Old Girl. Photo / EseOruru : Yunusa Arraigned In Court Over "Abduction And Illicit Sex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.