Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' (21724 Views)

Man Murders His Girlfriend In Oghara, Delta Over 'Infidelity' (Graphic Photos) / NDLEA Intercepts 1.6 Kilograms Of Controlled Drugs En-route Turkey / Yahoo Boys Fight Dirty In Delta Over Pick Up Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by goslowgoslow(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
God1000:
Nigerian police needs to weed out bad elements among them.

No doubt we have a very corrupt police force, but I've used them to settle so many issues, I can't totally condemn them

They will ask you to pay between 1-2k before they will follow you to arrest the person.

I've walked into army barracks many times as well and soldiers never asked me for kobo before doing what I ask them to do
You are part of the problems of this country shame on you
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by naikeboy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Isorite Naija police done give u breakfast...
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by marhez43(f): 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
The moment u put the nigerian police force UNIFORM u are CURSED

Vote peter obi vote peace
I am OBIDIENT
chek my signa
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by goslowgoslow(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Unfortunately, like most Nigerian youths who comment online, most of you and other comments above are ignorant.

Controlled substances are not and should never be in the hands of medical doctors and non-Pharmacists to carry around. He is wrong and the police were right and should have prosecuted him but they went about it the wrong way.

Only licensed Pharmacists can be in stock of controlled substances in significant quantities because they are licensed by law , trained on how to handle them and have a poison register they keep that regulators monitor periodically for the well being of the public health . Just to dispose expired controlled substances alone must go through regulatory process and if not, those expired controlled substances will go back into circulation if you allow folks like him non-expert handling of controlled substances.

It is only an ignorant healthcare professional who does not know that a medical doctor's license does not cover his movement of controlled substances around. This is because he is not a drug expert, he does not know how best to store them and can be used as a conduit for moving fake controlled substances into the medicine distribution chain.

This is a lesson to non-Pharmacists not to be ignorant. The Nigerian police officers are not ignorant as you think o wink
Mr grammatical keep ranting without comprehension somebody says "he uses them" possibly his own personal prescription. I too know na hin dey kill una!
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by goslowgoslow(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Stop it; please. It is enough mockery of his intelligence already that I have started doubting if he is truly a healthcare professional.

This is a specialty field, not your regular social media topics. The police were right but went about it the wrong way. He should have been prosecuted and reported to MDCN.
Even when they are possibly for his personal use? Mr prosecutor please explain.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by goslowgoslow(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Please stay on politics section sir wink
This is serious issue about public health.
No Pharmacist can be arrested by police for moving controlled substances. There are protocols for moving controlled substances and not just anwering the title as Pharmacist.

If you do not observe the regulatory and professional protocols, you can be stopped by police and even fellow Pharmacists on the suspicion of impersonating a Pharmacist.
This one just dey rant like somebody that doesn't live in Nigeria.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by olibeans: 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
This Nigerian citizen is lucky for being alive and not killed and tagged unknown gunmen.

When others lament, you look aside because it didn't affect you. Today you're a victim. Tomorrow it could be your wife or daughter or son and nothing will happen because you're either a monkey or a baboon, living in a jungle without realizing you're fair game.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by KikBuhari2Daura: 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Okay nau. Since it is tomato paste, please Go and Buy Bulk controlled substances to stock up your clinic with controlled substances.

'Medications' he omitted their names yet called out his accusers for identifying them as controlled substances? Never mind. You can't understand wink

Guy you messed up own up to it? Stop trying to defend nonsense it makes you look stupid!
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by FireUpNow(m): 1:41am On Aug 29, 2022
Thieves in uniform. That's how some set room copies of my driver license claiming that I am not qualified to have a class e drivers license. They tried to extort me and drove off. Bloody mad people
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Originalsly: 4:07am On Aug 29, 2022
He needs to post the time of the robbery ... he posted location... identifiable photo of one of the bandits ... and vehicle with vehicle ID number. The vehicle is not consigned to one gang ... with time of the ambush the IG can easily ID them and ehmmm .... quickly swing into action and bring them to book. But we already know the ones to swing don't like swinging when it involves their own.

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Makowonda: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2022
I walk fast when I see thieves,I run when I see police officers;they're "legal thieves".
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by noble71(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2022
[quote author=sparta191 post=116150857][/quote]

230/Pi at the moment.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by WINDSOW(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
This is why I always hide mine inside spare tyre
No dey expose update anyhow abeg
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2022
shortIGBOman:

IPOB sighted.
Lol..of course; anybody that speaks the truth on the extortion by thieves in black khaki is an ipob. Get well soon!
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by shortIGBOman: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
Lol..of course; anybody that speaks the truth on the extortion by thieves in black khaki is an ipob. Get well soon!

Emeka, quit denying your identity.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by obedience4(m): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Okay nau. Since it is tomato paste, please Go and Buy Bulk controlled substances to stock up your clinic with controlled substances. smh.

Oga his medication are his Private items, why will he disclose he disclose his medication to the public..
His medical history is his private shit...

'Medications' he omitted their names yet called out his accusers for identifying them as controlled substances? Never mind. You can't understand wink
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by tonyson010(m): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2022
God1000:
Nigerian police needs to weed out bad elements among them.

No doubt we have a very corrupt police force, but I've used them to settle so many issues, I can't totally condemn them

They will ask you to pay between 1-2k before they will follow you to arrest the person.

I've walked into army barracks many times as well and soldiers never asked me for kobo before doing what I ask them to do

Almost 97% of them are corrupt. weed out is understatement.

that case needs to be followed up...if he has witness.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Bishop4real: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2022
Oga Doctor, while a condemn in its entirety the unprofessionalism of the police officers, I also believe you're part of the reason you were "extorted". Our impatience in this country is alarming. If truly you believe you're innocent, as you want us to believe, why part with your money in the first place talkless of a whopping sum of N50k What happens to insisting you go with them to their station until you get reprieve? Your profession gives you an advantage as an expert in drug matters; yet, you allowed police officers, who're possibly uninformed, to intimidate you. Yet, you want the country to be better. If everyone keep succumbing to threats by crooked officers, when do you think we can emancipate ourselves from the bondage? Must you pay even when they demanded? You're as guilty as the rogue officers, Doc.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by sparta191(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2022
230/Pi at the moment.

Lets Link up
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by nurain150(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:

Shut up !!!!
You did not read the post before commenting!
There are several reasons why you can be in control of a controlled substance as a doctor.

1. It can be prescribed for your personal use by a colleague

2. you can buy (Bulk) to stock up your private clinic

3. You can be in possession on route to handle an emergency

The nonsense you typed above calling Nigerians names shows you are one of those who failed many times before managing to come out as a one eyed pharmacist counting drugs for a living and carrying JOHESU for their head

if you buy in bulk it would be the pharm guys that would stock u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Sergeant Attempts Committing Suicide In Abia State / 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin / Gunmen Storm ABU Staff Quarters, Kidnap Dr. Bako, Physiology Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.