Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein (31391 Views)

4 Times Albert Einstein Was Asked About God And His Genius Replies / Why Albert Einstein's Brain Was Removed After His Death / Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: 11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein by PS712: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2022
CoolUsername:

A small point of correction, though. We don't actually know Einstein's or Hawking's true IQ scores. They are only estimated based on the work they've done in their fields.

Legendary artist, Andy Warhol only had an IQ of 86, that's only a little bit better than "retarded". However, his works sell for millions these days.

Richard Feynman, who actually worked on the first atomic bomb alongside the kid of Einstein and Niels Bohr (yes, the who came up with the Bohr's atomic theory), and was considered one of the best scientists in his time, took an IQ test and scored 125. Which is well above average but far from genius-level.

Meanwhile, the other day I watched a documentary about a guy with a genius-level IQ who spent all his time threatening and stalking women.

Hardwork>>>>Talent
There's no need for any correction as our earlier posts categorically stated that Albert Einstein never took any IQ tests but results of his contributions strongly suggest high IQ (reason E=MC2 was mentioned)
About Andy Warhol that you mentioned, he is referred to as a successful artist, not so much as a genius, from references about him online. He certainly could have been born with much natural talents too because his biography states that he suffered a disease at the young age of 8 which made him bedridden for quite some time and that it was during this time that his mum started teaching him art. Eventually he went on to develop himself, especially after the dad died of liver jaundice. (I like that you made me read about these people).
There's an important point to note so we won't digress and that's because we are talking about 'being genius' and there's dictionary definition of it.
On a lighter note, the boldened made me laugh, I wish you could tell me that guy's name.
Re: 11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein by CoolUsername: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
PS712:

There's no need for any correction as our earlier posts categorically stated that Albert Einstein never took any IQ tests but results of his contributions strongly suggest high IQ (reason E=MC2 was mentioned)

This is my problem with the the concept of IQ—it is a poor predictor of success on the individual level (it is a more useful indicator in large numbers, though). Einstein did amazing work in his field so we conclude that he had a very high IQ. However, a lot of high-IQ individuals who are members of MENSA never amount to what their IQ scores would originally suggest.

PS712:

About Andy Warhol that you mentioned, he is referred to as a successful artist, not so much as a genius, from references about him online. He certainly could have been born with much natural talents too because his biography states that he suffered a disease at the young age of 8 which made him bedridden for quite some time and that it was during this time that his mum started teaching him art. Eventually he went on to develop himself, especially after the dad died of liver jaundice. (I like that you made me read about these people).
There's an important point to note so we won't digress and that's because we are talking about 'being genius' and there's dictionary definition of it.

He's considered a trailblazer in pop art. However, art is subjective so I can concede the fact that whether he was truly a 'genius' in his field will always be up for debate.

PS712:

On a lighter note, the boldened made me laugh, I wish you could tell me that guy's name.

The guy's name is Jason Christopher Hughes.

The name of the dictionary is 'Unraveled: The Stalker's Web'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 100 Universities In Nigeria 2018: By 4 International Colleges & Universities / Strike: Fg Mulls Unification Of ASUU, Ssanu, Nasu / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.