Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Competition Or Frustration - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Competition Or Frustration (3280 Views)

Frustration Along Ikorodu Road / Ecobank- Share Your Bank Frustration Here / Man Commits Suicide Inside Church: What Was He Thinking - Injustice/frustration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Competition Or Frustration by wildcat(f): 3:00am On Feb 24, 2006
Now grin Well, I was surfing the web and I came across , at first I was like "are my eyes deceiving me, why'd Seun change Nairaland and when did snazzy change her name" It looks like Nairaland, the same members are on it. I hear the site is owned by a former member. Then conversecity is another one I run across.

It's confusing, is this competition or frustration from the members due to unfair treatment?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 3:25am On Feb 24, 2006
@wildcat, you no dey hear word!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2006
Nairaland is not the first Nigerian forum and it won't be the last. We had www.naijaryders.com and www.talknaija.co.uk before Nairaland. We welcome competition because that is the only thing that can push this site to greater heights. What we don't appreciate is the existence of communities that revolve around the idea of destroying Nairaland. That's unhealthy.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by whitesoftx(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2006
@Wildcat!!! shocked may be you really WILD grin

Life is for everyone and for one's self! Join any forum you like! Its all yours

Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2006
that's what I'm trying to say, It doesn't make any sense you creating something out of spite, there are about 3 of thise sites and what I saw and read really, I'll use the word frightened me.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Skidoc(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2006
You cannot compare najiaryders or talknaija with the sites wildcat is talking about. Talknaija/Naijaryders built their own member base from scratch but these sites(Naijabrain.justnaija) are just scraping members off Nairaland and out of malice too. I kept getting their invites one after the other in my inbox. I sent one to admin.

In any case, I like it because the members that have gone to the new sites are the people who used to hijack this site and not even let we new members talk at all. They engage in cheap chatter and useless talk. I complained about it in this thread “Is Nairaland a Clique?” One member even asked in another thread that why is it that the top members contribute 50% of the total post count. But now that they’ve gone, I’m now more active and I am participating more. You can see that when you post a topic now, you get sensible replies and not diversion to cheap chatter by kids and immature adults.
Read my signature.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by c0dec(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2006
your day will come
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2006
What about you, c0dec? Why hasn't your day come?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 4:46am On Feb 28, 2006
hmm, oh my! what does ocho say now? anyhow sha, go N.L cool
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2006
Now wut r y'all talking about?? I dint grab sh!t about wut u guys were saying. that reminds me, where is snazz sef?? did she get some banning? even nike4luv, hot-angel.,.,where are they? whats happening on NL? I needs answers fast.!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2006
Now wut r y'all talking about?? I dint grab sh!t about wut u guys were saying. that reminds me, where is snazz sef?? did she get some banning? even nike4luv, hot-angel.,.,where are they? whats happening on NL? I needs answers fast!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2006
well, hot-angel and snazzy are in JN, nike,I have no clue where she is.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2006
Grizzly(conman) outkast just answered your question! cool
now somebody tell me where scorpio is!!!!!!!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 10:25am On Mar 01, 2006
@ Outcast, whatever is JN
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2006
it's called justnaija.com. It's a forum very similar to nairaland with most of the former members in it,created by a former member also
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2006
oh yeah? who?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by vichel(m): 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2006
Those G.U.Y.S at JN are just big loosers angry angry, and it looks exactly like Nairaland
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2006
lipsrsealed
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 1:01am On Mar 09, 2006
Whaddahell is JN??
Re: Competition Or Frustration by vichel(m): 1:11am On Mar 09, 2006
Really dude u don't wanna know
Re: Competition Or Frustration by mochafella(m): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2006
ocho:

now somebody tell me where scorpio is!!!!!!!
I beleive Scorpio is on JN too

Grizzly:

Whaddahell is JN??

I would type it out but it would disappear, seems like it's a taboo word. Ask seun, maybe he'll be kind enough to send you a PM about it, since he doesn't want it mentioned in the open.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by mochafella(m): 1:15am On Mar 09, 2006
vichel:

Those G.U.Y.S at JN are just big loosers angry angry, and it looks exactly like Nairaland
vichel:

Really dude u don't want to know

Can I ask if you have anything in particular against the folks on JN? undecided. You seem to have very strong opinions about it.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 1:17am On Mar 09, 2006
Really? oh yeah? u just wait. i'll go type that in google, ,
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 4:11am On Mar 09, 2006
mochafella:

I would type it out but it would disappear, seems like it's a taboo word. Ask seun, maybe he'll be kind enough to send you a PM about it, since he doesn't want it mentioned in the open.
why not? I mean I know the story and all, it's just that his not wanting it to be mentioned in the open is ummm undecided
anyway sha, i'm not trying to start anything so I'll just leave it at that.
oh yeah, scorpio informed me of her new "home". cry cry

@vichel: i forgot to ask,watin dey vex you naw?
@Griz: did u find it?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 4:21am On Mar 09, 2006
1. Joint Neurepsia, affects bones in malnourished infants, , angry 2. Journal for Nursing, is actually a prerequisite, , angry angry
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 4:45am On Mar 09, 2006
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*dies* cheesy lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Competition Or Frustration by vichel(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2006
@mocha,
I have notin against them, except for the fact that they decided to use that forum as an Anti NL convention. Those were the people who said they would never leave, but when they saw they are not the only ones getting all the attention, they decided to revolt. With no ideas of their own tongue tongue tongue
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2006
@grizzly

hint. the website starts with just and the nickname for nigeria(another way of spelling nigeria) grin
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2006
@ Outcast, grin grin Thanx
Re: Competition Or Frustration by vichel(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2006
@ outcast devil u cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2006
hey, grin
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2006
i agree ith vichel, i thot i was the only one that noticed that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Eve A Playa?/what Do U Think About Eve? / Flutterwave: The Best Financial And Online Payment Gateway In Africa / Ikemba Ojukwu Pix The First Nigerian To Driv A Rolls Royce At Oxford University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.