Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) (58793 Views)

Popular Calabar Pastor, Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife / Apostle Peter Tom Udofia Marries 18-Year-Old Choir Member (Photos) / Prophet Evidence Chikason Divorces His Wife, Marries Choir Mistress In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Biodun556(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
lereinter:

Sakamaje

Fake
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
lereinter:
You have come with again with your showboating

Pastor isn't a title, a call to duty that a person agreed to
A call to duty by whom? Absolutely not God who instead said He alone is shepherd over His sheep calling all others paid workers whose job is nothing like that of the good shepherd- John 10 vs 1 - 15. undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
lereinter:
Sakamaje
Was that man a terrible muslim then? undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by shortIGBOman: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
nedu666:

Oga u have time reply someone u is still writing jamb

Chinedu Bassey, na IGBO name too grin grin

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by TENHEU22(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
This is a welcome development I'm ready to go to theology school so i can open a branch of this church in the north. 'Go ye into the world and multiply'. I'm tired of hearing some persons saying 'let's meet at the polls, politics is a game of number'.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Ohizman73(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
Righteousness2:
Pastor is a title!
Not everyone that saith Lord ! Lord will enter into Heaven, but those that obey and do the will of the Father.

As long as his first wife is alive, he is Deceiving himself.
Beware of such people parambulating as pastors.

EXACTLY !!first time rightman is saying something tangible not all these endtime stuff
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by GistFullGround: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2022

THE BIBLE SUPPORTS IT...

READ YOUR BIBLE VERY WELL!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Hmn! I don't know why Christianity did not support polygamy like Muslim. Many of us are hypocrites.
Christianity does actually but it’s better to not practice it if you intend to live long wink
Read Exodus 21:10
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Morphinne:

Christianity does actually but it’s better to not practice it if you intend to live long wink
Exodus 21 vs 10 isn't Christianity but instead along the lines of Judaism. undecided

Christianity is instead defined in the 4 Gospel - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by kmaster007: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
E dey tak style swt
Rozross:
What’s all these new craze about polygamy and Christianity, what’s going on?
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by ProfGday(m): 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Do you known that this man is more righteous and sincere than majority of 9ja G.Os screwing their church members(most especially single ladies & married women) behind?

I'm not a religious man that's why I don't follow anybody blindly.Ask of me, I be G.O for my compound.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by GistFullGround: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
Morphinne:

The man has to satisfy both ladies in EVERYTHING equally; no partiality!
If he does this, God will be happy with him, but if he doesn't, that's where the problem lies.
All those that cannot read the Bible are the ones finding fault in what the man has done.

As for me, I wont lie, I cannot go against God, so I'll just respect myself and stick to one wife!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Exodus 21 vs 10 isn't Christianity but instead along the lines of Judaism. undecided

Christianity is instead defined in the 4 Gospel - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. undecided
@bolded is not Christianity and needs to be abolished because it’s found in the Old Testament but tithing which is also found in that same Old Testament is Christian and should be practiced (Leviticus 27:30, Numbers 18:26), right?
Christianity/Judaism/Islam never abolished polygamy. Polygamy just doesn’t sound right in this age and time. Why would I think of getting two wives when one sef dey show me pepper? grin
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
GistFullGround:

The man has to satisfy both ladies in EVERYTHING equally; no partiality!
If he does this, God will be happy with him, but if he doesn't, that's where the problem lies.
All those that cannot read the Bible are the ones finding fault in what the man has done.
[b]

As for me, I wont lie, I cannot go against God, so I'll just respect myself and stick to one wife![/b]
Exactly. You are a wise man. The issue of taking more than one wives is a very tricky one and it’s as if God doesn’t want us to do it because the requirement is just to much. The verses that talk about it in both the Torah, the holy bible as well as Quran place a very big clause which is “only do this if you are going to be able to maintain just between/amongst them” [/b]So it’s better to avoid it altogether in order not to offend your God because you will never be able to treat two people [b]equally (emphasis on maintaining equity) unless you are an angel and not a man made of bones and flesh.
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by GistFullGround: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:

WOWWWWWW, IGNORANCE...

Read what JESUS said, Matthew 5:17
New International Version
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Morphinne:

1. @bolded is not Christianity and needs to be abolished because it’s found in the Old Testament but tithing which is also found in that same Old Testament is Christian and should be practiced (Leviticus 27:30, Numbers 18:26), right?
Christianity/Judaism/Islam never abolished polygamy.
2. Polygamy just doesn’t sound right in this age and time. Why would I think of getting two wives when one sef dey show me pepper? grin
1. It doesn't need to be abolished since from the beginning it was almost meant instead as God's Constitution to the Nation of Israel.... has absolutely nothing to do with Christianiyty from its beginning as made clear in even Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Old Law is the Constitution given by God to the people of the blood of Jacob of whom He constituted the Nation of Israel from in the land of Canaan. Understand this simple truth and you will finally see what is written as you ought to from the beginning. undecided

2. Where it concerns Christianity or the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ, the Christ in Christianity instead told His followers that their marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
GistFullGround:
WOWWWWWW, IGNORANCE...

Read what JESUS said, Matthew 5:17
New International Version
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
Some of you read things sideways. What does the above change of any of what I have stated so far? undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. It doesn't need to be abolished since from the beginning it was almost meant instead as God's Constitution to the Nation of Israel.... has absolutely nothing to do with Christianiyty from its beginning as made clear in even Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Old Law is the Constitution given by God to the people of the blood of Jacob of whom He constituted the Nation of Israel from in the land of Canaan. Understand this simple truth and you will finally see what is written as you ought to from the beginning. undecided

2. Where it concerns Christianity or the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ, the Christ in Christianity instead told His followers that their marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided
You still haven’t answered my question sir/ma. You said those laws (tithing and polygamy in this case ) were made by God to guide the people of Israel who are the sons of Jacob and therefore, Christians are not bound to follow but tithing, which is one of those many laws, mysteriously found its way into Christianity and our pastors would rather kill than abolish this Jewish tradition just the same way we shy away from polygamy. Please explain this part sir/ma. Polygamy is old law of God binding the Isaelis/Israelites, the children of Jacob and so is not applicable to Christians but TITHING which is another law made by God to guide the Israelites on how the Levites were to be fed, is still being upheld by we Christians/pastors and we don’t see it as an Old Testament law unlike polygamy I don’t know the right English expression to use but I sincerely hope you understand my confusion like why the selective adoption of these two laws? grin
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Morphinne:
1. You still haven’t answered my question sir/ma. You said those laws (tithing and polygamy in this case ) were made by God to guide the people of Israel who are the sons of Jacob and therefore, Christians are not bound to follow but tithing, which is one of those many laws found its way into Christianity.

2. Please explain this part sir/ma. Polygamy is old law of God binding the Isaelis/Israelites, the children of Jacob and so is not applicable to Christians but TITHING which is another law made by God to guide the Israelites on how the Levites were to be fed, is still be upheld by we Christians and we don’t see it as an Old Testament law unlike polygamy

3. I don’t know the right English expression to use but I sincerely hope you understand my confusion like why the selective adoption of these two laws? grin
1. Well, from the beginning those laws were never given by God to Christians. Instead, you folks refused to read what is written for your own selves and instead allowed men who you call your pastors and mogs to use them to lie to and deceive you using God's name. undecided

2. Again, tithing never applied to Christians from the time God gave those Laws specifically to only the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So, you will need to ask yourself why you believe in those men you call your pastors and mogs, and why you pay them tithes to lie to you. undecided

3. What happened is you gullibly trusted in men whom you call pastors and mogs, this while refusing to read and digest scripture for your own self, and those men took advantage and fooled you into paying them for lying to you using God's name. So, be sure to accept responsibility for the part you played in allowing ordinary men to play on your ignorance. grin

The Law in the Kingdom of God, the boundary that is Christianity, is Jesus Christ and He never told you to pay tithes. What Jesus Christ instead explained to you is that you condemn yourself if you pay tithes in the Kingdom of God. Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak,

Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.”
Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So anyone who pretends to pay tithes in the Kingdom of God condemns himself by doing so. undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by GistFullGround: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Some of you read things sideways. What does the above change of any of what I have stated so far? undecided

THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2022
GistFullGround:
THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID.

Christianity is instead defined in the 4 Gospel - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
And the verse you quoted in no way negates that fact. undecided

Both the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, God's Old Covenant Law, and the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, God's New Covenant Law, are Eternal laws that which never pass even after Heaven and Earth are both passed away. undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by youngstrow(m): 12:03am On Aug 30, 2022
staga:

God did not create two or more Eves for Adam. Polygamy came into the human race through Lamech, a great-great-great grandson of Cain who was also the second recorded murderer in the bible.

Polygamy was never God's plan for the human race.
shut up ya mouth and stop saying trash if polygamous was never gods plan for human race it will never happen,God will condemned it for all being and no one shall ever take 2nd wife for themselves and mind you everything that happened in this life and here after are all God's plan.
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by youngstrow(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2022
hiyagroundz:

The Quran & Hadiths are Very useless books to be used as standard to a modern man. It's usefulness ends with Mohammed in the cave
you think all book are same like your bible hell no,bible was the only useless scripture on earth full of contradiction and too many errors that why a genius man once said bible is the most dangerous book on earth so keep it safe from your children's.
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by GistFullGround: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And the verse you quoted in no way negates that fact. undecided

Both the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, God's Old Covenant Law, and the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, God's New Covenant Law, are Eternal laws that which never pass even after Heaven and Earth are both passed away. undecided

I CANNOT be going back and forth with you.

Bye!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, from the beginning those laws were never given by God to Christians. Instead, you folks refused to read what is written for your own selves and instead allowed men who you call your pastors and mogs to use them to lie to and deceive you using God's name. undecided

2. Again, tithing never applied to Christians from the time God gave those Laws specifically to only the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So, you will need to ask yourself why you believe in those men you call your pastors and mogs, and why you pay them tithes to lie to you. undecided

3. What happened is you gullibly trusted in men whom you call pastors and mogs, this while refusing to read and digest scripture for your own self, and those men took advantage and fooled you into paying them for lying to you using God's name. So, be sure to accept responsibility for the part you played in allowing ordinary men to play on your ignorance. grin

The Law in the Kingdom of God, the boundary that is Christianity, is Jesus Christ and He never told you to pay tithes. What Jesus Christ instead explained to you is that you condemn yourself if you pay tithes in the Kingdom of God. Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So anyone who pretends to pay tithes in the Kingdom of God condemns himself by doing so. undecided
Well thanks for your time. At least I can deduce two things from your writeup;
1- that a fellow Christian now agrees with me that Tithing is a big scam and that
2- you don’t actually know the meaning and difference between the Tax Jesus was talking about in that verse you quoted above and the Tithing that we’re talking about. Biblical Tithe ≠ government Tax. Thank you.
With the first view above, I now agree with you and we can both agree that both Tithing and polygamy are not Christian and should not be practiced by Christians since they’re both rules made in the Old Testament to bind only the children of Israel, the sons of Jacob. So our pastors should kindly revisit this topic with a view to abolishing it completely. The selective picking of rules from the Old Testament should be abolished. Thank you sir/ma.
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2022
GistFullGround:

Bye!
cheesy
You sef weak bah?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Morphinne: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2022
hiyagroundz:

The Quran & Hadiths are Very useless books to be used as standard to a modern man. It's usefulness ends with Mohammed in the cave
Pls let’s not attack other people’s faith. You can make your point known without resorting to insult. Thanks and God bless wink
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Aug 30, 2022
Morphinne:

Well thanks for your time. At least I can deduce two things from your writeup;
1- that a fellow Christian now agrees with me that Tithing is a big scam and that
2- you don’t actually know the meaning and difference between the Tax Jesus was talking about in that verse you quoted above and the Tithing that we’re talking about. Biblical Tithe ≠ government Tax. Thank you.

3. With the first view above, I now agree with you and we can both agree that both Tithing and polygamy are not Christian and should not be practiced by Christians since they’re both rules made in the Old Testament to bind only the children of Israel, the sons of Jacob. So our pastors should kindly revisit this topic with a view to abolishing it completely. The selective picking of rules from the Old Testament should be abolished. Thank you sir/ma.
2. Actually, you have that wrong!

Recall I mentioned earlier that the Old Law of Moses was in fact God's Constitution to the Nation of Israel. Well, the Tithing laws, and all the offerings, and other levy laws were all of them set up by God as part of the Tax system in the Nation of Israel as well - Tithing was primarily a Land tax system. So, when in Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26 Jesus Christ talked about the Temple tax paid by the Jews, He was speaking in reference to the Tax system set up by God in the Old Law of Moses. undecided

Now, as far as paying taxes in this world is concerned, Jesus Christ instead commands "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's" meaning "Always Pay your taxes!". undecided

3. I never said polygamy is not for Christians. I instead said what is written in Exodus does not apply to Christians. Where it concerns Christians, whether you marry or not does not directly influence your status as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. That is why I made it clear that what Jesus Christ said is that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Aug 30, 2022
GistFullGround:
Bye!
Ignorance is not bliss, you know? undecided
Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Rilwizy: 12:51am On Aug 30, 2022
Francis223:
see below

Re: Bishop Josef Bassey Marries Second Wife (Pics) by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 30, 2022
He go be Olumba Olumba them pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor / Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / "Pastor Poured Liquid In My Private Part"; Woman Injured After Deliverance. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.