Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground (55525 Views)

Why Do People Pour A Little Out Of Their Drink On The Ground Before Drinking? / Why Are Bodies Specifically Buried Six Feet Deep? / Meet The Village In Africa That Dead Bodies Are Dug Up To Dance With The Living( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Farid24224(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2022
BigYash:

The question I asked ,you didn't answer.
[sup][/sup]
For your question, I don't live with Muslim and I won't want to risk that..

You don't and shouldn't compare terrorism with a religion...Think!!
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by kamalbob(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2022
Generalwoodz:

Where I live has christians and considerable numbers of Muslims.

One time a mad pig from the Christian side dug out a freshly buried corpse and pleasurably had a hearty meal and left skeleton as leftovers.

The Muslim community were shocked to her ancient foundations and utterly discombobulated. One could see them going hysterical and hurling expletives and swore to viciously retaliate... How they wanted to pull that off, yours sincerely don't know.

They struck the drum of war, fanned the embers of trouble and drew their swords for blood.

At the end nothing happened. Call it 'initial gra gra" and you're right.

They knew they'd be crushed into bits if they attacked the Christians on such flimsy ground.

The Christians owns the community.

Since then they learned to bury their deceased more deeper. The fear of pigs is the beginning of wisdom.

A Pig from a pigs community abi? Because there's no difference at all. You and your animals have the same brain lol

1 Like

Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by BigYash: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2022
Farid24224:

You don't and shouldn't compare terrorism with a religion...Think!!
What are you evening saying?

I asked you why is it that,if your people wants to kill and cause problem,they chant alakuba,you are just saying off point.. undecided
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Farid24224(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2022
BigYash:
What are you evening saying?

I asked you why is it that,if your people wants to kill and cause problem,they chant alakuba,you are just saying off point.. undecided

Muslims don't kill and they don't cause problem!!!
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by BigYash: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2022
Farid24224:

Muslims don't kill and they don't cause problem!!!
Then what religion does the bandits belongs?

And why do they chant alakuba when in action?
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Farid24224(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2022
BigYash:
Then what religion does the bandits belongs?

And why do they chant alakuba when in action?

You don't blame a religion because of the selfish action of others...

That's why we Muslims don't call or blame Christianity whenever IPOB, ritualist, kidnappers, armed robbers or whenever a baby factory is found...That's to show how sensible and responsible we think and I hope you try to adjust and do so.

Back then when Christian kings burnt hundred of thousandths of women accusing them of witchcrafts what were they called? Christian terrorist? Hell nah!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Pootle: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2022
the last one to avoid resurrection
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by donmik: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2022
I still wonder why some places and ethnic groups keep corps on the surface say they bury o.
Imagine grave less than 6ft to keep a fellow human being.
Those people don't have value for their own corps too.
As if they enjoy the smell or they are lazy to dig.
From ancient days till today, my people make sure 6ft is achieved.
Afterall, they bury within our residence.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by donmik: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Itsokayo:

What if the place is cemented on the surface? embarassed

That keeps u reminded of the sorrow of the loss.
Cement with earth so That u don't see it and always remember the pain.
So bad is the one the cast all sorts of building as if they won't build on that land again

1 Like

Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Shurtman79(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2022
Itsokayo:

I hope it doesn't happen sha, that shit scares me a lot.
Either happens that way or not. After buried life comes back cos the dead gat some questions to answer ✌️✌️✌️
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by MartinsD12(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2022
Ebi2233:
WHY DEAD BODIES ARE BURIED SIX FEET BELOW THE GROUND

There are some occurrences that are extremely common in our immediate environment, but we tend to accept them as typical. It's likely that the majority of us have been present at funerals and witnessed the process of grave excavation firsthand. As a result of the fact that it is practiced in virtually every country on the planet, some people consider it to be a culture. Have you ever given any thought to the question of why humans are often buried at a depth of six feet below the ground? In the event that you haven't heard them before, I'm going to explain some of the reasons why people are buried beneath a yard of dirt today.

1 It averts the possibility of the casket being carried away by the water.

One of the reasons why individuals are buried underground six feet deep is because of this. There are times when we consistently receive persistently heavy rain, which can lead to soil erosion. There is a possibility that the casket will be carried away by the moving water if the deceased person is buried more than three feet underground. And if the cemetery is dug a little deeper, there won't be any chance that the casket will be carried away by the water.

2 It stops the spread of diseases that are easily contagious.

There are several infectious diseases that pose a significant threat to human health and are capable of being passed from one individual to another. For example coronavirus and pneumonic plaques. Other animals will not be able to unearth the diseased body if it is buried at a depth of six feet below the surface of the ground. This will prevent the disease from spreading to other animals.

3. It eliminates the possibility of the casket being stolen.

This is yet another significant factor that contributes to the practice of burying bodies at a depth of six feet. There are some people in this world who will never leave a grave without taking the casket with them and using it for their own nefarious purposes. If you bury the dead deeper, it will be more difficult for them to access them, which will assist reduce the number of instances of theft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/opera.news/za/en/culture/amp/a412a50fcf137b0236e9f6740af69012
To prevent disease pandemic spreading is the main reason dead bodies are buried six foot below the ground, the other reasons are not much common like that stealing a casket ritual people, water washing the casket that has been taken care of by burying bodies six feet below
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by BigYash: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2022
Farid24224:

You don't blame a religion because of the selfish action of others...

That's why we Muslims don't call or blame Christianity whenever IPOB, ritualist, kidnappers, armed robbers or whenever a baby factory is found...That's to show how sensible and responsible we think and I hope you try to adjust and do so.

Back then when Christian kings burnt hundred of thousandths of women accusing them of witchcrafts what were they called? Christian terrorist? Hell nah!!!
Majority of the ritualists are Muslim clerics nau,or don't you read news.. And how did you know ipob are Christians. Do they chant blood of Jesus when they (unknown gun men) wants to kill. Personally I think ipob wants their country, government are employers of the killers. So that it will looks as if ipob are the killers. Just like they did during end SARS,by planting thugs among peaceful protesters. APC can't deceive me with politics.

Back to our topic..
What about the 7 virgins being reward for vahulens ,we always hear. Is it true or false. I'm learning from a true muslem like you oh,so don't get tired at my questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by ihatebuhari(f): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

Yes a believer of One God. One who created you, the Earth and universe.
and you're happy murderer and pedophilic prophet thought you about the god?

A man who married 12yrs old girl? You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Bonab: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
But who is actually using tape to measure, to be sure it is 6feet or less? Nice points
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Farid24224(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
BigYash:
Majority of the ritualists are Muslim clerics nau,or don't you read news.. And how did you know ipob are Christians. Do they chant blood of Jesus when they (unknown gun men) wants to kill. Personally I think ipob wants their country, government are employers of the killers. So that it will looks as if ipob are the killers. Just like they did during end SARS,by planting thugs among peaceful protesters. APC can't deceive me with politics.

Back to our topic..
What about the 7 virgins being reward for vahulens ,we always hear. Is it true or false. I'm learning from a true muslem like you oh,so don't get tired at my questions

There's no where in the Qur'an or Hadith where 72 virgins was mentioned to anyone..It's false.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by BigYash: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Farid24224:

There's no where in the Qur'an or Hadith where 72 virgins was mentioned to anyone..It's false.
Okay,noted..
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by SaturnNick(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
Is it wrong if buried more than 6ft
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by OpinionCounts(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Athemisia:

What's the address of Hell?

I do not know.

Just like I do not know from whence bones emerged from a liquid sperm cell to form a baby.
Just like I do not know from whence the sun gets its light.
Neither do I know how a tree that is just wood yet is able to give forth edible fruits like pawpaw, orange etc.
I also do not know how a seed as tiny as the mustard seed is able to produce a tree as mighty as the mustard tree. From whence did the tree emerge?

Yet, that I do not know all the above does not mean they do not exist.

So if the one that made them all possible also tells me that HELL exists, I will be foolish not to believe Him, just because I do not know the location.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by P1PrinceKT(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
ihatebuhari:
and you're happy murderer and pedophilic prophet thought you about the god?

A man who married 12yrs old girl? You should be ashamed of yourself
My wife is even 12 yaers of age what problem do you have with that?
Did you feel pained ?
If yes continue with your pain till infinity.

Remember that I'm not here to do whatever pleases you(I'm your en*my).
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Athemisia: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2022
OpinionCounts:

I do not know.

Just like I do not know from whence bones emerged from a liquid sperm cell to form a baby.
Just like I do not know from whence the sun gets its light.
Neither do I know how a tree that is just wood yet is able to give forth edible fruits like pawpaw, orange etc.
I also do not know how a seed as tiny as the mustard seed is able to produce a tree as mighty as the mustard tree. From whence did the tree emerge?

Yet, that I do not know all the above does not mean they do not exist.

So if the one that made them all possible also tells me that HELL exists, I will be foolish not to believe Him, just because I do not know the location.
There's no place called hellfire. The hell mentioned in the Bible is only taking about the grave.
Humans life end at death � just like every other living thing.
Our creator is only interested in our lives here on Earth not some fairytale Afterlife.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Athemisia: 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
SaturnNick:
Is it wrong if buried more than 6ft
Nothing, exclusively nothing.
Infact the casket itself sinks downward overtime.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by OpinionCounts(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Athemisia:

There's no place called hellfire. The hell mentioned in the Bible is only taking about the grave.
Humans life end at death � just like every other living thing.
Our creator is only interested in our lives here on Earth not some fairytale Afterlife.

First of all, I want to believe I am talking with a Christian. This is because I want to lay some biblical foundations for you in other to thoroughly shed light on our discuss.

Unlike other creatures ( Animals, birds, fish, trees etc), A human being is a spirit, clothed with a body. God is a spirit and when God wanted to create man, He made man in His image and likeness as a spirit too, and clothed the spirit with clay called flesh or body.

Now, Spirits DO NOT DIE. The body covering the spirit (the flesh) may die, but the spirit lives on. Every other creation dies permanently, because they do not have spirit.

The question is, how and where will the spirit man live his eternity?

The bible has clearly spelt that out in the following scripture verses I will list for you:
(1.) Revelation 20:10-15
(2.) Mark 9:43-48
(3.) Mathew 25:31-46
(4.) Revelation 21:8

The above verses are in the Bible and are not fairytales. They are God's word and like you rightly pointed out, God does not do fairytale.

The verses above clearly states to you the existence of a place of eternal torture for all sinners called LAKE OF FIRE which is sometimes interchangeably used as HELL FIRE.
Yes I agree, HELL is different from Lake of fire, because even HELL itself will be thrown into the lake of fire.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by DollarBuddy: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
In just 90 years, max, we'd all be dead and buried. Now this really makes me humble
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Wwwq: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
Really
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by koife(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Have heard of 666?
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by MiracleMe7: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ebi2233:
WHY DEAD BODIES ARE BURIED SIX FEET BELOW THE GROUND

There are some occurrences that are extremely common in our immediate environment, but we tend to accept them as typical. It's likely that the majority of us have been present at funerals and witnessed the process of grave excavation firsthand. As a result of the fact that it is practiced in virtually every country on the planet, some people consider it to be a culture. Have you ever given any thought to the question of why humans are often buried at a depth of six feet below the ground? In the event that you haven't heard them before, I'm going to explain some of the reasons why people are buried beneath a yard of dirt today.

1 It averts the possibility of the casket being carried away by the water.

One of the reasons why individuals are buried underground six feet deep is because of this. There are times when we consistently receive persistently heavy rain, which can lead to soil erosion. There is a possibility that the casket will be carried away by the moving water if the deceased person is buried more than three feet underground. And if the cemetery is dug a little deeper, there won't be any chance that the casket will be carried away by the water.

2 It stops the spread of diseases that are easily contagious.

There are several infectious diseases that pose a significant threat to human health and are capable of being passed from one individual to another. For example coronavirus and pneumonic plaques. Other animals will not be able to unearth the diseased body if it is buried at a depth of six feet below the surface of the ground. This will prevent the disease from spreading to other animals.

3. It eliminates the possibility of the casket being stolen.

This is yet another significant factor that contributes to the practice of burying bodies at a depth of six feet. There are some people in this world who will never leave a grave without taking the casket with them and using it for their own nefarious purposes. If you bury the dead deeper, it will be more difficult for them to access them, which will assist reduce the number of instances of theft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/opera.news/za/en/culture/amp/a412a50fcf137b0236e9f6740af69012
Op that No 3, it is for the Yoriba skull miners, that is the main reason the dead body is buried 6ft so that those yeriba skull miners will not get to the grave easily
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by jamesbridget13(f): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
You didn't even mention d smell
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Cti28(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Generalwoodz:

Where I live has christians and considerable numbers of Muslims.

One time a mad pig from the Christian side dug out a freshly buried corpse and pleasurably had a hearty meal and left skeleton as leftovers.

The Muslim community were shocked to her ancient foundations and utterly discombobulated. One could see them going hysterical and hurling expletives and swore to viciously retaliate... How they wanted to pull that off, yours sincerely don't know.

They struck the drum of war, fanned the embers of trouble and drew their swords for blood.

At the end nothing happened. Call it 'initial gra gra" and you're right.

They knew they'd be crushed into bits if they attacked the Christians on such flimsy ground.

The Christians owns the community.

Since then they learned to bury their deceased more deeper. The fear of pigs is the beginning of wisdom.

The ran berserk, because the pig exhuming the corpse, entails he won't make it to aljannah
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Generalwoodz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Cti28:

The ran berserk, because the pig exhuming the corpse, entails he won't make it to aljannah
I see
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Cti28(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Generalwoodz:
I see
They detest pig more than a person suspected for blasphemy. Pig could render their mosque useless.
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by SaturnNick(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Athemisia:

Nothing, exclusively nothing.
Infact the casket itself sinks downward overtime.
Why I asked was, instead of saying at least 6ft below, it's always specific about the 6ft. Thanks
Re: Why Dead Bodies Are Buried Six Feet Under The Ground by Itsokayo: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Shurtman79:
Either happens that way or not. After buried life comes back cos the dead gat some questions to answer ✌️✌️✌️

so scary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motorcycle Made In Akwa Ibom, Nigeria / Naomi Oluwaseyi Ogundamisi's Pre-Birthday Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.