Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,175 members, 7,845,860 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. (3857 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu Signing A ₦20m Deal With a Chinese Company In 1992 / FG Has Procured Six High-Tech Hilux Vehicles To Safeguard Rail Lines - Amaechi / Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Lanretoye(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
mugu so you don't know that residents of Lagos state will pay back the money use in building that train tracks. Lol Residents of lagosians need to know how there money are been spent. Akpa-amu. Be supporting
Bat-thing.
I see the stuff u are made of,see blemished thinking.huh...the government provide infrastructure for free and thats why you see these kind of developments in your own state.in America self residents don't pay taxes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by CrownOfClay724: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
Post the supporting documents so that we can verify this claim

It is public knowledge.

Gbadamosi aired it on tv the other day.

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Amb1045(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
Lanretoye:
I see the stuff u are made of,see blemished thinking.huh...the government provide infrastructure for free and thats why you see these kind of developments in your own state.in America self residents don't pay taxes.
This is the type of government system you want, where they inflate project 50times of normal amount. I weep for you bro seriously. The said Chinese company said they where paid 180million dollars for the project. Where is the rest of the money. Until we learn to ask government workers questions this country can't work. Please don't play politics with everything. We are suffering bad government together.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by rusher14: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
This is the type of government system you want, where they inflate project 50times of normal amount. I weep for you bro seriously. The said Chinese company said they where paid 180million dollars for the project. Where is the rest of the money. Until we learn to ask government workers questions this country can't work. Please don't play politics with everything. We are suffering bad government together.
Thanks

Where are the railways in Anambra state?

4 Likes

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Christistruth00: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Thanks

Why are the Chinese still continuing the Construction of the Railway and even giving the Completion date if they have not been paid

Don't you think your information Source is dodgy

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Amb1045(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Where are the railways in Anambra state?
your level of reasoning is too low, I can't argue with a person thhat have such low mental caliber. You are a disgrace to these youth of this generation. We are talking about project inflation you're talking about anambra
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Lanretoye(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Thanks
if you know you can't leave up to standard in lagos,u can get the f**k off...your state governors are doing nothing in your states and don't hold them reaponsible,yet you wanto pull down the ones that are providing good strides.you no get shame abi na brain you no get.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by rusher14: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
your level of reasoning is too low, I can't argue with a person thhat have such low mental caliber. You are a disgrace to these youth of this generation. We are talking about project inflation you're talking about anambra

So no railway in Anambra state?

3 Likes

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Christistruth00: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Thanks

Why are the Chinese still continuing the Construction of the Railway and even promising to Complete the entire project if they have not been paid

Don't you think your information Source is dodgy

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202208/18/WS62fe0d60a310fd2b29e73082.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Christistruth00: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Urchins defending corruption grin grin just imaging tax payers money been looted. Urchins agbadorite are happy about it. The said Chinese company said they where only paid $180million, Lagos state government where is the rest of the money. $1.5 billion stolen just like that. Lol

You don't have a Clue don't you?

The Railway was financed by Private Investors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Tobijays: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Here are the results.

Ethiopia
$5.2 million per KM ($4.5 billion total) for the 759 Km heavy duty standard guage rail line from Djibouti to Ethiopia. Finished in 4 years. Can carry container of goods and passengers

Lagos
$54 million per KM ($1.5 billion total) for the 27KM light rail line in Lagos. Can only carry passengers. It's over 12 years and still not finished.

Conclusion
Back in China where records must be submitted to the stock exchange, the company that built both lines reported that what they were paid for the Lagos rail is $181 million, but Tinubu's Lagos said they spent $1.5 billion.

Lagos people should ask Tinubu where he kept their $1.2 billion.

Video evidence

https://www.facebook.com/chidi.okpaluba/videos/407017168055689/
source is from Chidi okpaluba's Facebook page lol an Osu from imo state is venting his ancestral idiocy on someone bigger than his supposed region. No be juju be that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Buccalcavity2: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:

You people think Nigerians are stupid. If that write-up is true, that is a clear case of corruption. Take it to EFCC/ICPC to prosecute project inflation. Which one is the social media trial towards campaign.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by 715afolarin: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
The Railway Tracks and Stations have been builtIt was lack of FG Cooperation especially under Jonathan that caused the long delay It was the Buhari Govt that gave the necessary support and assistance The Railway Tracks and Stations have been builtIt was lack of FG Cooperation especially under Jonathan that caused the long delay It was the Buhari Govt that gave the necessary support and assistance ...

2 Likes

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by etrouble: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Akpa-amu these said moneys are loans. Reason why Lagos state government want to kill residents of Lagos with taxation. Get sense bro

Are you held at gun point in Lagos? I recall that that when Tinubu's boys Fashola and Aregbesola abducted several of you all over Lagos and Osun and dumped you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head Onitsha at 2:00AM, before 2:10AM, you have all jumped into the next available Mallam Audu's trailer moving Cows to Lagos.

As Yorubas pray to go to Heaven, your parents pray to go to Yoruba land

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by etrouble: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Urchins defending corruption grin grin just imaging tax payers money been looted. Urchins agbadorite are happy about it. The said Chinese company said they where only paid $180million, Lagos state government where is the rest of the money. $1.5 billion stolen just like that. Lol

Why are you concerned about this instead of being concerned about your backward Alaigbo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by MindHacker9009(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Christistruth00:
grin

It costs more to build because lagos is a Waterlogged Marsh Area , addis ababa is not

There are many bridges that need to be built in addition to filling the waterlogged areas with Water Resistant Rocks and Concrete that will form a Solid foundation and barrier against flooding from Ocean water and it will cost more than the laying of the Train Tracks itself

Look at this Railway Bridge along the line on the Lagoon towards marina for example,

The Supporting Railway Columns are fixed firmly into the bottom of the concrete reinforced Sea bed and
it is very expensive to build on the Sea

Djibouti too is like Lagos

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

The guy got his information Wrong the Railway has already been built to Okomaiko the rest is still under Construction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqBd4ZiJ3c
Built to which Okokomaiko? Rail wey currently ends at Maza Maza?
I live in Festac, bro

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by tsdarkside(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
Post the supporting documents so that we can verify this claim

he cant provide prove....
we all know that....

this is how igbos are....
they think because they were around whites,they are much smarter than other blacks....

its a tragedy for the entire black race....
for me,obi is just another jonathan....

house-negros....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by DWickedLandLord: 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:
It is this kind of attitude that still makes Anambra state a town.

Abeg tell me all the government infrastructures in Anambra?

For the Abacha loot redistribution, abeg tell me all the wonderful projects the government has mapped out for the SE

It's only the doggedness of the igbos keeping them relevant. The government abandoned them long time ago. In cahoots with their
spineless politicians

Let's call a spade a spade. The truth is the truth

But 'igbo money' full that Nigeria treasury o
No be as if...
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Christistruth00: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Christistruth00: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Djibouti too is like Lagos

Djibouti is on the Coast but it is not a Waterlogged Marsh land like Lagos neither does their railway pass over the
Sea like in Lagos

Djibouti is dry desert Land

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Djibouti

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by rusher14: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
DWickedLandLord:

Abeg tell me all the government infrastructures in Anambra?

For the Abacha loot redistribution, abeg tell me all the wonderful projects the government has mapped out for the SE

It's only the doggedness of the igbos keeping them relevant. The government abandoned them long time ago. In cahoots with their
spineless politicians

Let's call a spade a spade. The truth is the truth

But 'igbo money' full that Nigeria treasury o
No be as if...

What are you saying?

Your leaders are all useless.

It is no doubt a reflection of the society.

2 Likes

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by DWickedLandLord: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

What are you saying?

Your leaders are all useless.

It is no doubt a reflection of the society.

He says what am I saying...lol

Maybe it's the Portuguese part that tripped you up

2 Likes

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Realist12: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Thanks
it's funny when y'all say suffer no dey tire you where as y'all suffer the most . It's better y'all start questioning your leaders and redirect your focus from other people business. I feel pity for y'all. Y'all don't have visionary leaders.

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by grandstar(m): 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amb1045:
Here are the results.

Ethiopia
$5.2 million per KM ($4.5 billion total) for the 759 Km heavy duty standard guage rail line from Djibouti to Ethiopia. Finished in 4 years. Can carry container of goods and passengers

Lagos
$54 million per KM ($1.5 billion total) for the 27KM light rail line in Lagos. Can only carry passengers. It's over 12 years and still not finished.

Conclusion
Back in China where records must be submitted to the stock exchange, the company that built both lines reported that what they were paid for the Lagos rail is $181 million, but Tinubu's Lagos said they spent $1.5 billion.

Lagos people should ask Tinubu where he kept their $1.2 billion.

Video evidence

https://www.facebook.com/chidi.okpaluba/videos/407017168055689/

Intercity monorail costs between $20-$50m per km to construct. Even if there was corruptiob, I very much doubt it would be that high

Also, that of Ethiopian is not within the city. Also, I won't trust Ethiopian statistics. Like China, they fuddle with the figures they tell
the public.

Building monorail isn't cheap and regularly run over budget because it's within a city and there are several challenges, one being several obstructing structures such as buildings, electric poles, underground pipes and so on which can delay work. I have not included lawsuits by citizens and companies whose land will either be encroached on (well, there's eminent domain) or torn down.

On some road construction projects when he was governor, Raji Fashola reported there was a lawsuit on every kilometer of the stretch of some projects.

That of Lagos is even inexpensive when compared to that of Taipei, Taiwan. That of Bangkok too proved to be a nightmare as well when being built. Apart from corruption and cost overruns, there were the problems of several overlapping agencies which slowed down work considerably.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Softmirror: 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
Tinubu milked Lagos dry and still doing it to thisday. God will not allow him access to Nigeria's treasury.

TINUBU HAD BEEN A MILLIONAIRE IN DOLLARS SINCE BEFORE BECOMING A GOVERNOR.

NA POOR PEOPLE LIKE UNA DEY ALWAYS THINK SAY GOVERNMENT IS ALL ABOUT STEALING.
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Nigerianization(m): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
Tinubu milked Lagos dry and still doing it to thisday. God will not allow him access to Nigeria's treasury.

Where did you think he got the 25k USD he gave to delegates. My uncle is still cruising with the money. Anytime I travel home since after the primaries and we argue politics, he reminds me that the palm wine I am drinking was from the money. He is a known chieftain of the APC and I wear labour party vests to his house. We are family but we differ politically.
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by grandstar(m): 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
Christistruth00:
grin

It costs more to build because lagos is a Waterlogged Marsh Area , addis ababa is not

There are many bridges that need to be built in addition to filling the waterlogged areas with Water Resistant Rocks and Concrete that will form a Solid foundation and barrier against flooding from Ocean water and it will cost more than the laying of the Train Tracks itself

Look at this Railway Bridge along the line on the Lagoon towards marina for example,

The Supporting Railway Columns are fixed firmly into the bottom of the concrete reinforced Sea bed and
it is very expensive to build on the Sea

These guys think it's a walk in the park. Many fail to contend with the challenges of building with a highly urbanized setting like Lagos with all manner of obstructions from underground pipes and telephone lines to built up structures and even the Lagoon.

I doubt those Ethiopian stats are accurate. I'm sure they are fuddled with. China is very notorious for this.
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Nigerianization(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
KingKO22:

At lest we are going to have first Light Rail by state government since 1960.

What's your state doing with its allocation ?
If all your governors are holly than the, I think we should having about 36 trail projects in different parts of the country.
But you are busy castigating the only working and walking state in Nigeria

Trash from Zombidients

Is that how you defend corruption?? 181 million as against 1.5 billion dollars?? It is well. With the potentials that Lagos has, it should be better than cape Town, Cairo and Casablanca, but alas, it is still a local champion. Mega shit

1 Like

Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by Nigerianization(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
grandstar:

These guys think it's a walk in the park. Many fail to contend with the challenges of building with a highly urbanized setting like Lagos with all manner of obstructions from underground pipes and telephone lines to built up structures and even the Lagoon.

I doubt those Ethiopian stats are accurate. I'm sure they are fuddled with. China is very notorious for this.

Please supply us with the correct stats
Re: Same Chinese Company Built 2 Rail Lines For Ethiopia And The Lagos State Govt. by grandstar(m): 12:10am On Aug 30, 2022
Nigerianization:

Please supply us with the correct stats

I don't have the 'correct' stats. Ethiopia for a long time has been a dictatorship. It's only under the current president that there's been far greater freedoms.

The previous government of late Zenawi was a benigh dictatorship. Anyway, he remained a dictator. The government may want to publish a low figure to the public in order to portray themsrlves as prudent. It's something China does all the time.

Even Chinese produced economic growth stats aren't taken seriously by outsiders. The Communist party's legitimacy stems from them able to bring prosperity through rapid economic growth . All economic growth stats eminating from the China must reflect this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IBB Calls For National Prayer. / Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain / Jonathan Unveils Gas Agenda For Power And Industrialization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.