Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain (3846 Views)

Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by snowdrops(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2010
A former Nigerian official arrested in Dubai by Interpol on charges of siphoning off millions of dollars of state assets is due to be extradited to Britain, a local newspaper reported on Monday

James Ibori, governor of the southern oil rich Delta between 1999 to 2007, who was arrested in May, "will soon be extradited to London," Gulf News quoted a police source as saying.

Dubai police were not immediately available to confirm the report.

Ibori is charged with embezzling 290 million dollars (230 million euros) of public funds and money laundering while he was in office.

An international arrest warrant was issued against the ex-governor who also faces corruption charges in Britain after the discovery of assets suspected to have been bought with stolen money.

On August 2, 2007, prosecutors made a successful "application of restraint" at Southwark Crown Court in London "in relation to worldwide assets worth 35 million dollars belonging to James Ibori," London police had said upon Ibori's arrest.

This bid to freeze his assets succeeded.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is ranked among some of the most corrupt nations on earth.

Around a dozen former governors who served under ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo had been arrested in recent years for corruption.

Governors of Nigeria's 36 states control millions of dollars of public funds, at times larger than budgets of neighbouring countries.

http://www.africasia.com/services/news_africa/article.php?ID=CNG.4b1af13470e7f3e34fae3ebba0346362.981

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by uzor2(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2010
I will be the happiest man on earth to see one politician from Nigeria to be jailed in UK. I'm using this medium to inform everybody in Nigeria that the system of government we are practicing in Nigeria will not help us. It is a shame that an outside country is trying to show us how to deal with our corrupt politicians and we are been deceived into believing that we have democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by snowdrops(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2010
it says it all about a mans sad life if crowd begin jubilate for him downfall
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Acidosis(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2010
The government (UK) should act fast!
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by marketplace(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2010
We have more Iboris in Nigeria. Their own time is coming very soon.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by sayso: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2010
all included.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
EFCC and Jonathan are naive about international law.
Why I never make comment on Ibori case is, I sometime get confuse, if it is a fight between Uhrobo and Ijaw. My reason is, every time, they say clark said this. so wonder, what is going on. But if the story of charge is base by report by sahara reporter. I would tell you this, Sahara reporter makes up some of thier story, not all thier story is true. That I know. I have cross check some sahara reporter story and they are made up story to drive traffic.
There is a fight between Uhrobo people and Ijaw people. And when ever they bring clark names into it. Know it is ethnics fight. Clark is well know in nigeria for fighting ethnics ijaw fight, and since Jonathan is said to be ijaw, any opposition Clark have been leading it. So I am confuse.

When you see Nigeria trying to extradite his citizen to britain. When really it should be britain which should be asking for extradition. It sound very funny and tell you, something is wrong somewhere This is why I try to stay away from it.

I have never heard the USA begging other country that they want to extradite thier citizen to thier country. It is the other way round. I am laugh, but it is not a joke. But how many nigerian, would the Nigeria govt try to extradite to other country. it does not make sense. Why a country is begging another country to extradite his people. Expect if thier is an untold story?

here is my point. the USA would ask a country to extradite a british citizen. The USA would not ask any country to extradite thier own citizen to another country. It is britain that need to make a require. But you can see that this story look more of witch hunting by the nigeria govt.

It is nigerian govt that is asking to extradite a nigerian to another country. It sound very funny. nation term to protect thier citizen so that they can get justice, not the other way round. the US would make sure all their citizen are tried on US soil even if the person is a criminal. even the US would fly and pay for laywer. Is hard to convict a US citizen in another country, even if they would use the military to get thier citizen, they would.

If a country does not have an agreement with you, you cant. even if they make law in Nigeria , that law does not cover other country. If a court makes a decision in nigeria, it cover only its country expect if international law is involve. Which you have to get to the hagues to get. or is covered by UN laws.

If Ibori is seeking refugees status in dubai, he can not be remove to britain. because international law is involve. And the United nation covers the right of refugee. He is under the United nation and not under the authority of Dubai. He is protected by the united nation and its laws. And Dubai can not give up Ibori to any country expect the united nation.

Not all story on sahara reporters are truth, some of them are made up to drive traffic.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by anonimi: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2010
About time too.
He should go and join his collaborators cooling off in the UK jail.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Parnassuss(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2010
@becomerich, I no get anything way you talk. Even if Ibori seeks asylum in Dubai, it remains with the Country (UAE) to either accept or reject the refugee. Beauty of National Sovereignty you see, if Dubai wants to extradite James to England, it cos England have asked for him and he is not worth some heartache from the Brits. James i not as powerful as he would have himself believe it seems.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
And Jonathan ijaw ethnics and James Ibori ethnics the Uhrobo have been fighting for nearly 30 years now. And the way I see it, there is the name of Clark coming up. Which makes it to look like ethnics fight. They kill themself over this.  While Jonathan Goodluck does not want structural reform in the system because, it was discovered they too have been telling lies about thier population. James Ibori want reform because his state is been cheated. James Ibori is oppose to Jonathan Goodluck becoming president. Under international law, Jonathan Goodluck govt can not get extradition for James Ibori or Akingbola. They would be granted convention refugee status in any country they go to.

Look you, I have live abroad for many many years and travelled around the world .  some had to do with the nature of  that  my job. The united nation has laws protect refugee. I have even been to Ethiope about 4 times. I am telling you. There are laws inplace, that makes it impossible for Ibori to be extradited without the United nation help.

But knowing nigeria govt, I know nigeria govt would not treat Ibori fair in the nigeria court system. Even nigerian are not treated fair in the nigeria court system. Judges collect bribe or the govt withhold thier salary. Have police to arrest judges and would  are against them. There is no fair judicial system in place in nigeria or the police or jail system. It is one of human right violation and should be one of the worst anywhere in the world. People remain in prison for 10 to 20 years without appearing in court. A governor can lock up a citizen and frame them. Which is the case in the case in the so call banking  sector reform. It is another witch hunting execise.

chief Gani fawehinmi human right activitist and lawyer, whose step mom gave me my name, was arrested and went to jail on several occasion. There is abuse of power in Nigeria. lawyers are lock up, judges get arrested. even citizen for no reason. Govt arrest and secretly kill opposition too. Even would arrest your family members, if they cant get you.

You see of the total number  of 1500 banks branches in the 5 banks in the so call bank reform, 1000 branches are located in Yorubaland to destroy any form of opposition to the satellite pictures, it takes money to fight. it is a form of controling the money against opposition. This is nigeria is.
I dont want to tell you what I have lost financial and emotionally fight the injustice done to the Yorubas over this satellite pictures, money can not replace it. I even hired people in nigeria and ran bills to continue to fight until we see justice.
We do not have a good court system. thier is no fair judicial system in Nigeria.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by haboosa(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ becomrich
Becomrich0:

EFCC and Jonathan are naive about international law.
Why I never make comment on Ibori case is, I sometime get confuse, if it is a fight between Uhrobo and Ijaw. My reason is, every time, they say clark said this.  so wonder, what is going on.  But if the story of charge is base by report by sahara reporter. I would tell you this, Sahara reporter makes up some of thier story, not all thier story is true. That I know. I have cross check some sahara reporter story and they are made up story to drive traffic.
[b]There is a fight between Uhrobo people and Ijaw people. And when ever they bring clark names into it. Know it is ethnics fight.  Clark is well know in nigeria for fighting ethnics ijaw fight, and since Jonathan is said to be ijaw, any opposition Clark have been leading it.[/b]  So I am confuse.

When you see  Nigeria trying to extradite his citizen to britain. When really it should be britain which should be asking for extradition. It sound very funny and tell you, something is wrong somewhere This is why I try to stay away from it.

I have never heard the USA begging other country that they want to extradite  thier citizen to thier country. It is the other way round. I am laugh, but it is not a joke. But how many nigerian, would the Nigeria govt try to extradite  to other country. it does not make sense.  Why a country is begging another country to extradite  his people. Expect if thier is an untold story?

here is my point. the USA would ask a country to extradite a british citizen. The USA would not ask any country to extradite thier own citizen to another country.  It is britain that need to make a require. But you can see that this story look more of  witch hunting by the nigeria govt.

It is nigerian govt that is asking to extradite a nigerian to another country. It sound very funny. nation term to protect thier citizen so that they can get justice, not the other way round.  the US would make sure all their citizen are tried on US soil even if the person is a criminal. even the US would  fly and pay for laywer. Is hard to convict a US citizen in another country, even if they would use the military to get thier citizen, they would.

If a country does not have an agreement with you, you cant. even if they make law in Nigeria , that law does not cover other country. If a court makes a decision in nigeria, it cover only its country expect if international law is involve. Which you have to get to the hagues to get. or is covered by UN laws.

If Ibori is seeking refugees status in dubai, he can not be remove to britain.  because international law is involve. And the United nation covers the right of refugee. He is under the United nation and not under the authority of Dubai. He is protected by the united nation and its laws. And Dubai can not give up Ibori to any country expect the united nation.

Not all story on sahara reporters are truth, some of them are made up to drive traffic.
i think the fight is so obvious that people are already suspecting jonathan, infact if EFCC is willing to do their work independently Ibori shouldnt be first but MADAM PATIENCE JONATHAN u know what i mean lipsrsealed
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by 1988: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2010
thanks it isn't nigeria they're tryin' him. pls do quick and jail his blackass. grin shocked
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
Most nigerian who get deported thier cases may never come up in a nigeria court system or remain in jail for many years up to 10 years. They get arrested at the point of entry and are badly treated and end up in jail without appearing in court. That is why you find nigerian refusing to get deported back to nigeria.  I do not believe nigerian should be deported back to nigeria, because they would not get fair treatment. There is no strong judicial system inplace or jail system. It is even against international law to deport a person to a place where he would not get fair treatment.

Prisoner provide thier own food in most cases, and if you dont have a family member helping them. They die in jail. Any nation that has its citizen arrested in nigeria should fight to return them back. I am a nigerian, but I want to be honest on issue.  Human life  have no value in nigeria

IBB who want to run for president is the one that arrested chief Gani fawehinmi human right activitist and lawyer. So Nobody should be talking about IBB.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by monkeyleg: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2010
As if his crimes are not bad enough. He brother Uduaghan is spending $10m of Delta states funds to try and free this criminal. The length these guys will go to is unbelievable, and I have had people coming on here defending uduaghan.

Of interest to analysts, however, is the Emmanuel Uduaghan factor.  As revealed by Saharareporters last week, the Delta State Governor is reported to have raised the stakes by making available $10 million to “free Ibori” in Dubai

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ukuae-extradition-trial-james-ibori’s-bases-defence-awokulehins-kangaroo-court-verdict-asa
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2010
Sahara reporter is full of manufactured story to drive traffic. When information have no source. You know it has lies in it.  I think sowore is trying to pay them back for what they did to him and his family,he was locked up and  his cousin was killed in a plane crash that looked made up.

Nigeria govt can arrest and lock up family members and secret kill them. In nigeria, if the govt is looking for a person, and they cant find him, they arrest all his family member, his wife , children, brother ,sisters and others. Is that a fair system, where in the world do they do that.

If Jonathan does not go to united nation for help we would end up in a civil war. And the sturborn Jonathan is still thinking, he is smarter than north, how can one man manipute the north till 2019 inside Abuja. They would kill him. He is risking his life. The north would try to kill him. Ethnicity fight is so bad in nigeria.  Let him continue to listen to Dora Akunyili greed contractor. Till they kill him.  Share 70%  of the oil money with the north period. Oil is a gift of God. This is what sudan did. And make sambo the president of the northern republic country. or remove the Yorubas,edo,delta state into benin republic.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by kotons(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
The U K government should please use him as an example so that the remaining idiots will adjust!!!
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by baslone: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2010
About time!
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by chidichris(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
nairaland represents the mind of majority of nigerians. what are we rejoicing over? who is winning who? it is kill ibori, kill ibori today and tomorrow it will be a red carpet for ibori to rejoin this same cabals that want him dead now.

2007, we heard this same song against atiku and we were all rejoicing but only a couple of months back, atiku was welcomed back to pdp and non of us here is asking questions over his criminal status that was established by the most sincere man in nigeria - ribadu.

sometime ago, we all shouted, crucify him, crucify him with alams on the cross. a couple of months back, alams recieved a national and heroic welcome back and we watched with sealed mouths.

wow, orji uzor kalu, the highest international criminal decleared a national treat by obasanjo and ribadu and we joined the noise making group by calling for firing squad. where is orji uzor kalu today? we recieved back in pdp and matters in the fridge.

for how long are we going to be like this? who is after these criminals? why is harlibutton scandal and siemens scandal not getting any attention from any quatters? the big and the mighties are all involved.

in all these wars and noise over recovered loots since 1999 till date, can anyone of us here point to any tangible change(s) in our economy/individual lives?

in all these wars and noises, how many federal contractors or office holders have answered question over federal awarded contracts as we saw in the ares like electricity, federal roads, refinaries, security, electorial mal-practices, and things that have to do with federal govt.

at what point in our lives are we going to start asking questions?

most of us calling on uk to be fast abt ibori's extradiction here will turn back to condem uk when ever they produce a documentary on niger delta or the real situation in nigeria.

if we have accepted the fact that we got independence at unripped age, why don't we call on britain to come back at least now that we are convienced that we cannot handle things on our own.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by babylishus: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
This is a cut and dried thing here, people. undecided

The man is wanted in the UK for crimes committed and the country he is in has decided to hand him over. FINITO!! grin

They (UAE and UK) DO NOT CARE about any Ijaw, Urhobo, or whatever thing- they really dont so I dont see the point why anyone on this forum would bring up tribalism in a case that does not call for it. Do you think the Briton or Emirati even KNOWS who an Ijaw man is? Do you think they care? They dont care who Ibori is, which village he comes from, what his traditional titles are or how powerful he thinks he is.

The UAE were very smart- they kept him there for as long as his wealth was useful to them and when his usefullness expired, they shipped him off. Thats a normal thing- did you expect it to be any different? When this whole Ibori thing started I said to myself "The UAE will play cat and mouse for a bit while Ibori pumps millions of dollars into their economy just to keep himself away from the law and when they get tired, they will throw him on a plane to the UK' and VOILA- it happened!!! grin

And Mr Beco- even in International Law it is up to the country you seek asylum from to accept or reject your request. Try it one day and see- apply to one of these advanced countries without a good reason. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD REASON to seek asylum and fleeing from charges of crimes committed is not one of them!!!

I hope Ibori and his ilk go to jail because unlike Nigeria, the UK has a judicial system that actually works. But then, NOTHING in Nigeria seems to work well except the well developed system of corruption.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Jacobo1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2010
Goodnews. Hope other governors are hearing.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
babaylink, they should care, nigeria is different from most country, there is inter ethnics fight. The uhrobo and Ijaws have been fighting for 30 years or more. It has flow over to people too. I dont know what he is charge for.

But my worry is, why is the nigeria govt so concern over a crime they claim Ibori committed in the UK. leave britain to worry about the crime. I was nearly set up by one of thier agent over here too. Nigeria govt work through proxy, using lawyers and company which have ties to nigeria business. . I know the EFCC frame people. I am a nigerian, I know when EFCC are framing people or not. This is one bad thing about nigeria. I am not saying , he is not guilty, but I am saying why is the nigerian government and the EFCC want him in jail in UK. ? There must be a reason.? they are too desperate over Ibori .

That should tell you about the whole story. James Ibori and Jonathan Goodluck everybody knows in the newspaper say they do not like themself. Ibori was oppose to Jonathan becoming president. And I know Ijaw and Uhrobo have been killing themself. Many people have die. It is Obvious if an ijaw become president, Uhrobo people and Itsekiri would suffer, this I know from Nigeria. even if not Jonathan, but another ijaw man, it would still be the same way. They have had history in the past. Even if you look at the appointment. You would discovered, Ijaw nearly got all the federal govt appointment including the oil minister. So this people have previous problem.

What I am saying under refugee law, it would be hard to do what nigeria govt want.
Why is the EFCC only arresting southerner, Why not go after Northerner. I have not seen Waziri arrest IBB. Or other northern governors. If the EFCC really want to prove they are not been bias. The EFCC should pause all cases with southerner for 1 years and let them go after Northerners, look at the satellite pictures. Northerners have stole all the money to them, do you see them talk about that. Let waziri go after northerners.

The EFCC have become a tool not to fight crime but theose oppose to the Nigeria govt. They even hire nigerian lawyer abroad to do thier dirty work for them. It is a shame.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by snowdrops(m): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
about time the same is done to igbinedion. south africa should extradict him to russia for all i care, at least he can chill out in the artic circle
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by faithin9ja: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
This is a cut and dried thing here, people.

The man is wanted in the UK for crimes committed and the country he is in has decided to hand him over. FINITO!!

They (UAE and UK) DO NOT CARE about any Ijaw, Urhobo, or whatever thing- they really dont so I dont see the point why anyone on this forum would bring up tribalism in a case that does not call for it. Do you think the Briton or Emirati even KNOWS who an Ijaw man is? Do you think they care? They dont care who Ibori is, which village he comes from, what his traditional titles are or how powerful he thinks he is.

The UAE were very smart- they kept him there for as long as his wealth was useful to them and when his usefullness expired, they shipped him off. Thats a normal thing- did you expect it to be any different? When this whole Ibori thing started I said to myself "The UAE will play cat and mouse for a bit while Ibori pumps millions of dollars into their economy just to keep himself away from the law and when they get tired, they will throw him on a plane to the UK' and VOILA- it happened!!!

And Mr Beco- even in International Law it is up to the country you seek asylum from to accept or reject your request. Try it one day and see- apply to one of these advanced countries without a good reason. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD REASON to seek asylum and fleeing from charges of crimes committed is not one of them!!!

I hope Ibori and his ilk go to jail because unlike Nigeria, the UK has a judicial system that actually works. But then, NOTHING in Nigeria seems to work well except the well developed system of corruption.

Spot on, perfect observation

@becomrich, you are a perfect Nigerian, you believe everything is a conspiracy and the world is interested in the petty politics of Nigerian tribes, UK government doesn't care about 'jungle tribe is fighting which jungle tribe'.

The British government under Blair but mainly drafted by Brown when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Minister of Finance) which should tell you something, strengthen their laws that basically states if you bring your proceeds of crime, ie stolen money into UK you have committed an offence. two very important points;
1. the punishment is prison and forfeiture of your assets ie the laws clearly states the criminal must not benefit from the crime, these assets can be anywhere in world should the authorities be minded to pursue this (this was put in place because the government was not happy that criminals were coming out of prison to enjoy their wealth, British or otherwise)
2. VERY Important, if the money you bring into the UK is  from what the UK law perceives to be proceeds of a crime - this activity may not be a crime in your own country, BUT if it would be a crime in UK, then the UK courts would consider this proceeds of crime and one could be found guilty of money laundering. So it may not be a crime to give kickbacks in some Middle East country, but bring the money from the kickback to the UK, then you have brought proceeds of a crime because kickbacks are illegal in UK. The funny thing is the money seized does not necessarily have to go back to where it was stolen from, if for instance the Middle Eastern government says no crime was committed then the UK government will keep the money ( A real life case has happened like this already in UK involving an African country, the money went back straight to UK government.

My point; Ibori is being accused of a committing crime in the UK, namely money laundering if media reports are correct, UK government has applied to UAE (Dubai) to extradite a fugitive from the law, if Ibori is convinced of his innocence then he should defend himself in te UK courts. Being a refuge from a vengeful Jonathan has nothing to do with the charge against him, which in any case where levelled against him before Jonathan became President.

So Mr Becomrich, please go back to supporting looters of Nigerian money, whether they be Urohobo, Ijaw, Fulani, Igbo, please continue to support them while they use their sirens to drive you off the road, while you continue praying with all night vigil that one day your turn will come or they might just remember you to give you some crumbs from their table.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by CyberG: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
Becomerrich. . .you once criticized another poster on NL for his use of English. Yours is most incoherent, disjointed and akin to someone who's losing his mind! What sense does the multitude of alphabets you wrote up there make?  That bunch of crap you wrote seems to be mere rambling of a man struggling to grasp what he is trying to communicate! In case you don't know, proof-reading what you have written helps to weed-out grammatical blunders, poor spellings, typographical errors, ambiguous statements, etc. Learn to proof-read before you hit the "Post" button!

Now, tell me which of the stories on SR is fabricated, give me your proof and I will investigate and perhaps, you might convince me that they (SR) intentionally fabricate stories to drive traffic to their website!
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by seanet02: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
faithin9ja:

Spot on, perfect observation

@becomrich, you are a perfect Nigerian, you believe everything is a conspiracy and the world is interested in the petty politics of Nigerian tribes, UK government doesn't care about 'jungle tribe is fighting which jungle tribe'.

The British government under Blair but mainly drafted by Brown when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Minister of Finance) which should tell you something, strengthen their laws that basically states if you bring your proceeds of crime, ie stolen money into UK you have committed an offence. two very important points;
1. the punishment is prison and forfeiture of your assets ie the laws clearly states the criminal must not benefit from the crime, these assets can be anywhere in world should the authorities be minded to pursue this (this was put in place because the government was not happy that criminals were coming out of prison to enjoy their wealth, British or otherwise)
2. VERY Important, if the money you bring into the UK is from what the UK law perceives to be proceeds of a crime - this activity may not be a crime in your own country, BUT if it would be a crime in UK, then the UK courts would consider this proceeds of crime and one could be found guilty of money laundering. So it may not be a crime to give kickbacks in some Middle East country, but bring the money from the kickback to the UK, then you have brought proceeds of a crime because kickbacks are illegal in UK. The funny thing is the money seized does not necessarily have to go back to where it was stolen from, if for instance the Middle Eastern government says no crime was committed then the UK government will keep the money ( A real life case has happened like this already in UK involving an African country, the money went back straight to UK government.

My point; Ibori is being accused of a committing crime in the UK, namely money laundering if media reports are correct, UK government has applied to UAE (Dubai) to extradite a fugitive from the law, if Ibori is convinced of his innocence then he should defend himself in te UK courts. Being a refuge from a vengeful Jonathan has nothing to do with the charge against him, which in any case where levelled against him before Jonathan became President.

So Mr Becomrich, please go back to supporting looters of Nigerian money, whether they be Urohobo, Ijaw, Fulani, Igbo, please continue to support them while they use their sirens to drive you off the road, while you continue praying with all night vigil that one day your turn will come or they might just remember you to give you some crumbs from their table.

here you pdp conspirators go again, so you are trying to tell here that ng is not fraud, okay if ng is not fraud, how come we make it to the top 2o FAILED STATES bolded for your very own good.
rotflamao
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by faithin9ja: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
@Seanet02, my post sounds like a PDP conspiracy?, did you read the post?
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by knice(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
I think there is a lot of money flowing in these Niger delta region. Instead of channeling these resources to alleviate the suffering of their people and create jobs for its whole Jobless youths. These people are stashing,stashing and stashing the region the more. Secondly I think there is a total collapse of societal values in Nigeria.

[size=14pt]
FOR RECHARGE CARD MANUALS AND SOFTWARE TO START PRINTING FROM HOME/07033097160
[/size]
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by babylishus: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ Mr Beco- Once again I ask, WHY SHOULD THE UAE AND BRITAIN CARE ABOUT POLITICS GOING ON IN A COUNTRY AND CONTINENT THAT IS NOT THEIRS WHY What are their interests in it? UAE has oil and so do many countries! The UK has a good economy so what do they care abut Ijaws and Urhobos or Tivs or Hausas or Itsekiris? Some of them cant even point out Nigeria on the map!

For goodness sake Nigeria is not the most important nation in the world and certainly not the most developed in any sense of the word!! What are 'tribal politics' to people who have no tribe? Why should the Emirati man or Briton care about whats going on in some riverine jungle in Africa when he has electricity, water, social welfare and a working government in his nation? Why?

The FACT is: Ibori committed the crime of money laundering in the UK which is a punishable offense by law and he will be tried and if (and when) found guilty, he will face the penalty. Finish. End of story.

I really don't see why you're making excuses and what exactly your point is here. Sorry and no offense meant to you but I really don't.
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by seanet02: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
please dont bring ibori back to nigeria, he deserve to be in a uk court, their judges over there can still be trust compared to our chop and clean mouth judges in nigeria
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2010
seanet02

I do not believe people should be involve in  money laundering. I am against. I am not saying that Britain should not go after Ibori. No. that is not what I am saying. I am saying, Even Ibori deserve to have justice and be heard in a fair and balance court system. If the Nigeria govt is pushing Britain to convict Ibori for crime in the UK? Is that not funny.?

Why the interest of nigeria govt in Ibori life? It tell you thier is hidden story? And britain should be careful if thier source of the crime is coming from Nigeria govt or the EFCC. Nigeria govt or EFCC frame people. People may end up taken them to court, because NIgeria govt have been know for making up story and framing people, even the EFCC.

I am not saying  Ibori has not done this things? NO. But thier is international court and laws. Base on this law. Ibori is a refugee in Dubai and he is under the protection of the United nation. And even britain would wait till for a while. I am telling you people international law. And not what I want.

Yes, governor steal in nigeria, go ahead and charge them to court, but which court. Is it the court system Judges collect bribe. I have been posting the satellite pictures of Nigeria and nigerian have seen this pictures in Nigeria. Have you ask yourself, why the Nigeria senate and house of representative and even lawyers have not taken it up,because of a corrupt system.  Why?  Everybody is scared of been arrested or been frame by the EFCC?

The EFCC have because more like a terrorist group. That nigerian are scared to speak out.

Now ask as Jonathan Goodluck not seen the satellite pictures, Yes , Jonathan have seen the satellite picture. is he is more interested in pleasing special interest, than the rest of 99% of Nigeria and saving thier lifes .

Now Jonathan Goodluck would end up been killed if we go by nigeria history, if he decieve himself, that he would remain till 2019. The North would kill him.  So he himself has to be smart and know, there is noway he would make it till 2019 alone in the north.  He has the choice of the United nation.

it is between his life and trying to please special interest, even special interest are going to loss everything in a civil war. mike adenuga would loss million.  Dangote would go broke. So would otedola.   Nobody would show up at the holy ghost service if there is a civil war. Or you think Dora Akunyili contractor would be shoot if thier is coup. they would kill Jonathan and leave Dora Akunyili , madam contractor. Big madam. 

[size=28pt]
Can Dangote  or Adenuga or Otedola die for Jonathan Goodluck in a coup. So why should Jonathan goodluck be ready to die for Dangote or Adenuga or Otedola business ?  Or have you seen them pick up businessmen in coup. ? Who be mumu

Jonathan Goodluck go to the United nation, make sambo the president of the Northern republic and agree to share 70% of  oil money with the north, the south include (kwara,kogi and Benue) or remove the Yorubas,edo, delta into benin republic. Sudan did the same. Oil is a Gift of God.
[/size]
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by faithin9ja: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ Mr Becomrich0

you are obviously confused, and I know I am wasting my time replying you, but against my better judgement I am replying.

Stop confusing the issue and bringing tribalism into the matter, 90% of Nigerians live in poverty whether they are Isoko, Efik , Fulani, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Tiv, etc most of us live in poverty and much of this poverty is caused by our so called leaders, military, civilian and from all parts of the country embezzling money meant for the country.

Britain is pursing Ibori for crimes he has committed in UK[b] not[/b] Nigeria, they (Britain) accuse him of money laundering, only the Nigerian government can take Ibori to court in Nigeria for crimes committed in Nigeria.

Please tell me you understand, British case against Ibori is different from EFCC (although EFCC and any other Nigerian or Nigerian body can provide evidence if asked).

Being a political refugee does not grant anyone immunity from the law if they have committed a crime. Has Dubai accepted Ibori is a political refugee? even if if they had, if Ibori was accused of murder in Thailand and Thailand asked Dubai for him to face trial would the fact he is refugee mean he is immune from facing charges?. I have tried to use simple examples for you to understand but I am sure you won't understand and you will go back bring up Urohobo/ Ijaw fight.

with people like you having access to the internet I pity Nigeria,
Re: Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain by Becomrich0: 12:02am On Jul 28, 2010
faithin9ja , you are ignore of the international law. So dont comment on what you do not know. 

[size=28pt]I have not said britain can not charge Ibori, I am only telling you on what i know about international law and nigeria situation.[/size]

What I am saying is if Nigeria and the EFCC is the source of the information to charge Ibori, Nigeria govt and the EFCC frame people up.  And falsely accuse people.  Ibori may have commited those crime, I am not there , so I would not judge him. I do not judge people. Go through all my post.  Or have you even see me insult Obasanjo or Jonathan? No. This is the way I am. I try to be fair in what I write on the internet and tell the truth the way it is.

political refugee do not have immunity, but when it comes to travel from a country to another, international law comes in and if he feel of been persecuted, the united nation would not give up Ibori. It does not matter if he is a criminal or not. They dont look at that. What they look at , is fairness  in getting justice. And you and I know, there is no fairness in the judicial system in nigeria. Police arrest innocent people. Govt official do the same.

You there not be against Jonathan in Nigeria. You are finished. That why Akala said he has won the election even before election. Because he is the one , who is going to write the result of the election.  Look If you have a  fair system?, there is no way Jonathan would pick the INEC chairman and all the people that would conduct his own election.

For what I write on the internet, I put myself in danger and could get shoot in Nigeria. I try to help the nigeria press men say what they dare not say in Nigeria. for even starting the whole satellite pictures in nigeria, they would kill me alone time ago. I know they are waiting for me in Nigeria. I know be mumu.

Do you wan me to telling You the EFCC should go to dubai and arrest Ibori and see , if they would not come and carry your president in Nigeria. I dont want to lie to you and get you people into trouble.

I know you are ignorant. That is international law.  Noone can change it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okah’s Interview With Aljazeera Faked: Security Operatives Doubt Authenticity / Musiwa 194 Eminent North Elders Support You On Sovereign National Conference / Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.