Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria (999 Views)

Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed / All APC Governors Absent As Buhari Chairs Inaugural Meeting Of Campaign Council / Governor Ahmed Reacts To Vandalization Of Campaign Billboards In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by OneCandleAway(f): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
If you've been observant of recent happenings, the mode of campaign is different. Before it used to be sharing food, eating among the people, buying roasted corn and eating on the street e.t.c

Now it's all getting more intellectual, statistics, fact checking e.t.c

I went to visit an elderly person who was listening to a yoruba channel, they were stating facts and percentages in yoruba for people to understand.

This is really good as it shows we are evolving.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Michelle70(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
campaign never start, calm down
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good news.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by OneCandleAway(f): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
Michelle70:
campaign never start, calm down

Oh, so we should await akara frying by October?

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Michelle70(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
OneCandleAway:

Oh, so we should await akara frying by October?
exactly, wait till oct and u will see ur candidates could even drive keke and drink pure water in traffic
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Obi is a God send.

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Brookdcook: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Asiwaju will market pampers

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by bewla(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Next stop Tinubu
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Tunji50: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If you've been observant of recent happenings, the mode of campaign is different. Before it used to be sharing food, eating among the people, buying roasted corn and eating on the street e.t.c

Now it's all getting more intellectual, statistics, fact checking e.t.c

I went to visit an elderly person who was listening to a yoruba channel, they were stating facts and percentages in yoruba for people to understand.

This is really good as it shows we are evolving.
This thread is long
Please, which Yoruba channel?
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by OneCandleAway(f): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tunji50:

This thread is long
Please, which Yoruba channel?

I overheard from someone listening to radio. An elderly person. I'm too young to be listening to yoruba radio. But it's one of the popular yoruba presenters, maybe all these ambrose shomide abi bab going or what do they call themselves.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by kk2027: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
Very true, thanks to PO for changing the narrative

Gone are the days campaign was about someone plaiting his wife's hair while the other is riding okada grin

Never again

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Tunji50: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
OneCandleAway:

I overheard from someone listening to radio. An elderly person. I'm too young to be listening to yoruba radio. But it's one of the popular yoruba presenters, maybe all these ambrose shomide abi bab going or what do they call themselves.
Okay
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by Shikini: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
OP, you're right

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
OP wasn't born when Abiola and Kingibe were campaigning. His parents haven't met when Papa Awo, Zik and others were campaigning.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:
OP wasn't born when Abiola and Kingibe were campaigning. His parents haven't met when Papa Awo, Zik and others were campaigning.
He was obviously talking about this republic
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

He was obviously talking about this republic

He didn't say that. Intellectually, Obi is not qualified to clean the shoes of these people I mentioned.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:

He didn't say that.
Sometimes you don't just read for the denotative meaning of a statement but also the connotative meaning of a statement ...that's why we are educated sir
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

Sometimes you don't just read for the denotative meaning of a statement but also the connotative meaning of a statement ...that's why we are educated sir

Can you please show me anything in his post where he vaguely imply he was talking about the present?
By the way, Obi's campaign is devoid of any intellectualism. Rather, it is one of pandering, lies, mockery and tribalism. All the things that doesn't add any value to the lives of the people.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:

Can you please show me anything in his post where he vaguely imply he was talking about the present?
The pictures he used as examples were all from this republic (1999 till date )
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

The pictures he used as examples were all from this republic (1999 till date )

Well, that gives credence to what I said earlier that the OP doesn't know much beyond 1999.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by VERDA: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:

He didn't say that. Intellectually, Obi is not qualified to clean the shoes of these people I mentioned.

Some of you just type every nonsense that comes to your head, on what basis is he not qualified to clean their shoes?, he built a massively successful private business, he did well as a governor and continues to sit on the board of a lot of big companies...

So please tell me, what exactly is the parameter you used, some of you just type crap in a bid to sound intelligent, meanwhile disgracing you lineage. Nonsense.

At least he has something to show for his life, what have you achieved in life that's of note, all these inconsequential dimwits.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
VERDA:

Some of you just type every nonsense that comes to your head, on what basis is he not qualified to clean their shoes?, he built a massively successful private business, he did well as a governor and continues to sit on the board of a lot of big companies...

So please tell me, what exactly is the parameter you used, some of you just type crap in a bid to sound intelligent, meanwhile disgracing you lineage. Nonsense.

At least he has something to show for his life, what have you achieved in life that's of note, all these inconsequential dimwits.

There are people who left school at 15 and build billion dollars business empire. I stand by what I said, Obi is a paper weight intellectually. Did you see his CNN interview?
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by VERDA: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:

There are people who left school at 15 and build billion dollars business empire. I stand by what I said, Obi is a paper weight intellectually. Did you see his CNN interview?

And I repeat my question, what have you achieved in life to be criticizing someone that is light years ahead of you in everything?....

The 15 years olds that have built empires don't have 2 heads, what have you built please??
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
VERDA:

And I repeat my question, what have you achieved in life to be criticizing someone that is light years ahead of you in everything?....

The 15 years olds that have built empires don't have 2 heads, what have you built please??

Bull crap. You don't know me.
Re: How Peter Obi Changed The Mode/quality Of Campaign In Nigeria by VERDA: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
ElSudani:

Bull crap. You don't know me.

Well...I don't need to know you to know the man your insulting is light years ahead of you in all ramifications.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar 2023 / I Am A Member Of The APC But Whenever Tinubu Speaks My,heart Jumps / New Notes: Question For Those Defending Emefiele CBN Online --hardmirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.