Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Please Help Me - Im Desperate! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me - Im Desperate! (1377 Views)

Help A Desperate Friend Is Taking Over My Marriage / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) / Im I Losing My Woman Sex Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by shaara: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
I got married in Sapele, Delta state in 2009. But last year i had to leave our marital house because my husband was cheating and when I found out about it he bit me up I ended up in hospital!!
I try to reason with him, because he always was very religious men. I asked him to divorce me but he refused!! he said that he married me for visa anyway and never loved me. I suffer terribly but im not going to stand on his way to freedom and happiness, all I asked him to give me our marriage certificate( which he kept all documents after wedding) so I can put case to the court. He said he destroyed it, so my solicitor said that I dont have any chance to get divorce,

please help me!! where can I get a copy of certificate?? who should I contact about that?? can anyone in this world can help me.

Praise God!!

I
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by rose75(f): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
Alleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got married for visa in Sapele?
Your very religious husband was cheating?.
He doesn't want a divorce, yet you're not going to stand on his way to freedom?.
WHAT A DISTORTED STORY.

Anyway, for your answers, if you did court wedding, a copy of the cert. will be at the marriage registry. If you did church wedding, a copy will be at the church, depending on where you religiously worship.
And for the trado. marriage, go ask your father grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by shaara: 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
Im sorry that my story made You laugh, but I was raised in a large catholic family in small Czech village, and grew up to respect my family, and my husband so said. Whatever he did its his conscious, and I will go my own way. but to do that I need my certificate, and I cannot afford to go to Nigeria - ticket costs Ł500 plus travel expenses, plus money for the corrupted registrar. Is there any other way?? please help,
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by r231(m): 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
you got married for a visa to sapele??
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by monkeyleg: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ Poster sorry to hear your story. I guess you are still in the Czech republic, what you should do is go and see your Parish priest, he will advise you better. if there is evidence to suggest your husband married you for the wrong reason, your marriage can be annulled, but you need to speak to your priest first. good luck
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by monkeyleg: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
From what i gather from the story, they came back to Sapele to get married, and the husband only did it for visa. Lets not discount this ladies story becuase we feel we dont understand her english
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by Sicherheit(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
rose~75:

Alleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got married for visa in Sapele?
Your very religious husband was cheating?.
He doesn't want a divorce, yet you're not going to stand on his way to freedom?.
WHAT A DISTORTED STORY.

Anyway, for your answers, if you did court wedding, a copy of the cert. will be at the marriage registry. If you did church wedding, a copy will be at the church, depending on where you religiously worship.
And for the trado. marriage, go ask your father grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Very rude. How's her story distorted? If you have problems with comprehension, let us know undecided

@Topic
How can you allow him to treat like that in YOUR OWN COUNTRY? You people don't have police? You need get him arrested fast, let there be a record for his abuse. A few days in a cell will knock him back to his senses. undecided
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by shaara: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Im sorry for all misunderstanding. Im a Czech citizen but living in England for 6 years. I met my husband in England and because he was overstayed I had to go to Nigeria to marry him. that was the only way to do it -me as EU citizen, he got spouse visa. Im sorry for some people who will say I was stupid and that I should never do that but I was very young, very in love and pregnant, and I couldnt imagine myself being lonely mother without a husband. I cannot turn back the hands of time. Its a past now and I want to sort out my future. Does anyone knows any legal advisors that I can get help from, or do you know any similar stories?
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by tpia5: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2011
always easier to get in a relationship with a nigerian guy, not so easy to get out of the relationship with a nigerian guy.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by gestapo(f): 3:16am On Aug 09, 2011
Here's the contact detail for the registry below, i hope you are able to find the correct number and i wish you good luck in your quest cool

1.Chairman-- Hon. (Dr.) Godwin Omamorieme Atose
Phone (GSM) 08024674780, 08035777341
2.Vice Chairman-- Hon. Sunny Agiemeren
GSM- 08033790773
3.Leader--Hon. Chief(Mrs.) Eunice Anirah
GSM--08060027333
4.Secretary--Mr. Smart Felix Ese, GSM- 08035464214
5.DPM--Sir William Egbikuadje, GSM- 08037290458
6.DPM--Sir William Egbikuadje, GSM- 08037290458
7.TLG-- Mr. Alfred Onah, GSM- 08033438693
8.TLG-- Mr. Alfred Onah, GSM- 08033438693
GSM- 08035499555
9.Information Officer-- Mr. Bernard Ojiyovwi Ogi
GSM- 08035499555
Contact Address Sapele Local Government Council P.M.B. 4031, Sapele SECRETARIAT COMPLEX YORUBA ROAD SAPELE
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 09, 2011
Hmmn! Another thread on men cheating and maltreating their wives.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by blank(f): 9:12am On Aug 09, 2011
My dear, go straight to the police (with a lawyer) and lay a claim of stolen documents as well as wife beating. He has not destroyed the certificate. I am very sure that it is still with him. Even without the marriage certificate, u can still start divorce proceedings but make sure he has police case to answer to make your own case stronger.

If you were in Liverpool, there is someone i can refer you to.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by rose75(f): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2011
[/quote]
Sicherheit:

Very rude. How's her story distorted? If you have problems with comprehension, let us know undecided

@Topic
How can you allow him to treat like that in YOUR OWN COUNTRY? You people don't have police? You need get him arrested fast, let there be a record for his abuse. A few days in a cell will knock him back to his senses. undecided
[quote author=shaara link=topic=730665.msg8883290#msg8883290 date=1312841821]
Im sorry for all misunderstanding. Im a Czech citizen but living in England for 6 years. I met my husband in England and because he was overstayed I had to go to Nigeria to marry him.

Aristotle, have you seen your level of comprehension/ assumption?. Yet, you couldn't offer any wise advice.

Shaara dear, try to contact the Sapele registry and see how they can assist you. Please be detailed when making the contact and be sure to spend some money. Good luck!
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by obowunmi(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2011
If this story is true, immigration must have a copy of the marriage certificate for him to file for visa back to europe? Is an absentee divorce possible ? Has there been a reported record of domestic violence ? If not, you might want to start calling the cops so that there's a record of this. Hmmm, divorce seems complicated. I wouldn't advise you to go to Nigeria, unless you are a though woman. Otherwise, he might send someone to harm you, in your search for public records. You claim that you were pregnant --- how about the safety of your child ?
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by shaara: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2011
Ive tried to contact Sapele registry by post( they dont have phone there) but they never replied me. my child is with my parents in Czech Republic at the moment until i sort out my case. And Home Office who gave him visa replied that they dont keep copies of documents in files anymore- they got computer files.
thanks for your answers anyway.

Praise God!!
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
You are not ready to divorce this man. When you are ready, nobody will tell you what to do.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by Johndoe100(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
@OP
Sorry to hear about your pridicament. Maybe you need to think outside the box. How about this, i get you a copy of your marriiage cert and a divorce decree here? We can discuss compensation privately.
Let me know. grin grin
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by obowunmi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2011
I think OP is a bloody liar. All HIS responses sound like excuses to me.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by ronkebp(f): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
jennykadry:

You are not ready to divorce this man. When you are ready, nobody will tell you what to do.

wahlai, that was what i was thinking, that the Poster is not ready, if you really are ready, the said husband would vommit the documents by force and by fire, you better take your life in your hands and move on,
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by livedit(f): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
  I find it very ironic that there is no kind of justice or legal system to report this man undecided

This man has beaten you, used you, mistreated you, cheated on you and done everything else under the sun to you.  I know it has to be somebody where you reside at that could help and direct you.  Just know that once you begin this process, there is no turning back.  I'm sure you can contact some kind of immigration attorney to help you in divorcing this man.  He definitely need to be reported and I would advise you not to stop and continue pursuing this case no matter what.

This man surely will NOT get away with all that he has done to you.  My prayers goes out to you.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2011
Send me your email address so I can give you the phone numbers of an immigrations lawyer based in the UK that can advise you on what to do. Ironically he is also from Delta state, Ughelli. He would be of great assistance. He is also the presiding Pastor of New convenant Church, Wallington in England so you're in good hands my Dear. Send your email address to ruonar2000@yahoo.com.
For all those mocking u, just ignore them cos they don't know what it means to be maltreated by the one you love. Our Nigerian bros are never tired of disgracing themselves abroad.
Re: Please Help Me - Im Desperate! by timbros(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2011
Since when does the man start keeping marriage certificate? Last time i checked, its the woman's property.
How come HE destroyed it? Did he stole it from u?
I'm confused here. . .

(1) (Reply)

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Deborah’s Dilemma: 15-year-old Rape Victim Bemoans Uncertain Futur / Torture Maid May Get 15 Years In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.