Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University (34557 Views)

Concerns About Ai Portrait Generation: Things They'll Never Tell You About / What No Employer Will Tell You. I Learned This The Hard Way / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Onomehenry: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:
LECTURERS WILL NEVER TELL YOU THIS IN THE UNIVERSITY ����

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

7. Don't chew gum, biscuit, or anything. Go with a book and be reading it.

8. Never criticize your previous employer.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

11. After the interview, put up a smiling face, thank them and leave.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.

Omo in bini accent not yoruba, u forgot to add connection, if u know someone u will get the job without attending any yeye interview .

Only the rich will understand this

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Faber(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
Getdabag:
how can one change his name on truecaller, I once called my friend and my name appeared as a different name not related to me like wtf
Download the Truecaller app, add edit your name for there
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by ejimatic: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.
. It is a pity that people with connection get jobs as they like not minding all above criteria. May God connect us to the right person
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by ZazziAkbar(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
That Mormon church is very organized
Faber:

Which church you dey go is always the question. Though me na staunch Mormon, I dey always tell the person, I no get church o. I no get strength to start argument, how his own church better pass my own. He go say try dey go church o. I will reply "ok sir" grin grin
dey go my way. Two people will be selling the same products, your own church member will be selling his own at a higher price, una go still dey patronise him, sake of, na una church member. No be juju be that
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Faber(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
ZazziAkbar:
That Mormon church is very organized

Very very organized, Church way get one of the most protected places in this planet. No noise, but home of Dollar Billionaires and men of substance
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by tojahh(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
LikeAking:

Make we here hear word.

Maybe na why you never get work be this o.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
You are wrong on that food part.

I will eat and even ask for more, people wey don know who them go employ OR reject already.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Scofield396: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
I'll jot these down for references, it inspired me
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
Faber:

Which church you dey go is always the question. Though me na staunch Mormon, I dey always tell the person, I no get church o. I no get strength to start argument, how his own church better pass my own. He go say try dey go church o. I will reply "ok sir" grin grin
dey go my way. Two people will be selling the same products, your own church member will be selling his own at a higher price, una go still dey patronise him, sake of, na una church member. No be juju be that

You don't know jerk.

Let's say a church want to carry out a project, and when they go to the market to get what they need, they patronised another person who is not their church member in the same line where they have their church member.

Do you think such person will donate generously when called to donate?
Do you know some people's donation are more than whatever their church might have spent buying goods from them but the scenario above is just a booster OR a discouragement?
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
HeroHero:
This is for fresh graduates & trainees.
Not for experienced & professionals whom companies are looking unto for possible solutions and turn around.

We always discuss and laugh with fellows that come for interview. We also summon the receptionist to charge our phones for us. We don't beg the interviewers, we force them believe in what we are telling them.

We bounce them easily especially when they are not in the same page with us

You are correct, I once went for interview, once he saw my previous place of work, we started discussion on that only and we were more like i've become a staff already. He seems more happy to see me than I got chance to be interviewed
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by LikeAking: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
tojahh:

Maybe na why you never get work be this o.

U just dey talk about ya situation.

Calm down.

I don pass day level.

I am working hard to float my own company..

Sampling various biz ideas, etc.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by drake2(m): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
visiondee:
What if they offer yellow garri with correct egusi and ogbono soup... Bro... Leave English, I go fill my belle fors of fors befor we start interview... grin grin grin
Correct guy! I will ask for extra.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Faber(m): 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

You don't know jerk.

Let's say a church want to carry out a project, and when they go to the market to get what they need, they patronised another person who is not their church member in the same line where they have their church member.

Do you think such person will donate generously when called to donate?
Do you know some people's donation are more than whatever their church might have spent buying goods from them but the scenario above is just a booster OR a discouragement?

No you got me wrong, I don't mean the church vis-a-vis procurement of materials for church projects..I mean church members who are hell bent on patronizing their members even when the member in question is short changing them
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by scobaba: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
If they say do you have any question.

Ask. Don't run away. Ask a question.

Could be on job training or something u heard about the organisation on the news. Just ask something professional.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Stanislaus18(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

Thank you very much
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by edosignature(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
Educative.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by AlexJustin(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
Why don't you get a digital skill today and embrace financial Security. You can earn passive income in dollars on Amazon with just your smartphone. Nigeria is survivable with only a digital skill. If interested, hit me up.

Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by samwash(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thobie85:

I can actually relate with you sir
Went to an org on Monday as a corp member
Like 2 people that interviewed my are just asking me bout my religion and the church I attend..

Just imagine, they should have announce the vacancy in their Church so that their Church members can apply & give them the job.

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by HELLASJ(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
shocked shocked
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Tapout(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
Oga remove that number 6 from there, Times have changed. Most companies actually offer breakfast before interview.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ALL LAZY YOUTHS OF TODAY ARE GUILTY OF ALL THESE. sad
IT'S JUST SIMPLE MANNERS AND VITAL HABITS YOU GROW WITH FROM A GOODHOME. angry
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by irunoko(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Roger3D:
Get lost!
lmaooo grin

E pain am grin tongue

50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For / Friend Offers Man N400k Monthly Job Which Involves Sleeping With Women In Italy / Fresh Graduate Transaction Trainees In A Leading Nigerian Bank