Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:45 AM

How Can You Be The Best Boss To Yourself? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can You Be The Best Boss To Yourself? (163 Views)

The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Be The Best Boss To Yourself? by Folasadepitan(f): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2022
How Can You Be The Best Boss To Yourself?

Most times, we get busy, carried away with work and end up being an obnoxious boss to ourselves.

Also, because we are doing this to ourselves, we don't notice the damage we are causing until it's too late.

So let's explore 5 tips on how you can be the world best boss to yourself

1. Disconnect From Work
If your office boss demanded that you check your work email at every waking moment, respond to requests within minutes and work nights and weekends, you will definitely hate your boss

Working constantly with no breaks to recharge does not make you more productive or more money.

It will burn you out quickly. Set healthy boundaries with your business right from the beginning

2. Have Time For Fun
Even if you don’t have lots of money to buy special work treats for yourself, you can think of ways to have fun.

For me, it's hanging out with friends at least, twice a month.

You can write out a card to yourself saying what an excellent job you’re doing or wishing yourself a Happy Birthday, and asking a friend or partner to drop them in the mail at scheduled intervals.

Just do whatever works for you. Problem no dey finish my dear, have fun!

3. Give Yourself a Raise
Making good money is not the only way to judge whether a job is good, but it sure does help.

In regular jobs, we usually expect to get at least a small raise each year. As our own bosses, we have to advocate for ourselves and our worth and ask for more money just as regularly.

4. Make a Cool Workspace for Yourself

You can create a nice workspace for yourself that makes you happy to sit down to work each day.

Honestly, something as small as a fresh desktop wallpaper can lighten the mood and make opening your computer feel refreshing.

Do what you can to add some little touches to your work area to make you smile.

Trust me, it has a way of boosting your productivity.

5. Don’t Forget to Socialize
Socializing with other freelancers will not only allow you to learn a lot about how others do business which may help you improve your own, but you’ll get a chance to bounce questions and vent client frustrations and take off that SOLO edge of being a soloprenuer

& yeah, this is part of what you will be getting when you get the HPF Program

Now is a perfect time to commit to being your best boss ever this year, whether you’ve been freelancing for ages or are still looking for your first paid gig.

By the way, if you are looking to start or scale up and earn at least $500 monthly as a freelancer, I have a video that explains how you can do that.

Connect with me via +2347015112161

(1) (Reply)

Few Steps I Took That Earned Me #230,000 In One Week. / How To Get Free $100 Today Doing Nothing / ���� ����� ������� ��� ������� ���� ������?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.