Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error (876 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD

Currently, there are some group of present day preachers who emphasize so much on the supernatural and believes they are being raised to correct some doctrinal errors in the body of Christ. Though Christianity itself is supernatural and believers are to live supernaturally, it's shouldn't be our main emphasis. Our emphasis is Jesus (the living word of God). We are to live and be guided by the word. John1:1, 5:39

Their new revelation is that the bible is not the word of God. Some even went as far as saying Paul and the Apostles made some errors. Their argument is that the number of times God speaks in the bible is just but a few.

Yes, that's true because God is not a talkative, he most times chose a willing vessel to speak through. And this was how most of the scriptures was written, Holy Ghost breathed/inspired.

2Tim.3.16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Pet.1.20 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pet.1.21 - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Rom.2.16 - In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. ( Or letter)

Isa.34.16 - Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Rom.2.16 - In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. ( Or letter)

Josh.1.8 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Ps.1.2 - But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. [/b]

So this new teaching of the bible is not the word of God is a fallacy.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:
IS THE BIBLE THE WORD OF GOD?[b][/b]

Currently, there are some group of present day preachers who emphasize so much on the supernatural and believes they are being raised to correct some doctrinal errors in the body of Christ. Though Christianity itself is supernatural and believers are to live supernaturally, it's shouldn't be our main emphasis. Our emphasis is Jesus (the living word of God). We are to live and be guided by the word. John1:1, 5:39

Their new revelation is that the bible is not the word of God. Some even went as far as saying Paul and the Apostles made some errors. Their argument is that the number of times God speaks in the bible is just but a few.

Yes, that's true because God is not a talkative, he most times chose a willing vessel to speak through. And this was how most of the scriptures was written, Holy Ghost breathed/inspired.
. ...
All you have done here is serve up more of the same soundbites spewed by your pastors and mogs regarding their claim that the Bible is the word of God but nothing tangible evidence provided to prove their conclusion as being of God. undecided

▪︎Ask yourself simple questions here. Did the Almighty Himself declare anywhere in scripture that your Bible infallible and of Him?. undecided

▪︎Did God, in scripture decree, that His Truth to be your Bible and not Jesus Christ? undecided

▪︎Did God command His very own Spirit of Truth to abide inside of your Bible to serve as a seal of what you call its infallibility? undecided

The problem with soundbites Christianity , born of the doctrines of men , is it nothing but an attempt at using misdirection to tackle that which is of God. Those who cling to these doctrines and traditions of men come off even more ignorant of the Truth of God than they were from the beginning. You need to offload that junk if God is who you truly intend to know . undecided

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
YES! smiley
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All you have done here is serve up more of the same soundbites spewed by your pastors and mogs regarding their claim that the Bible is the word of God but nothing tangible evidence provided to prove their conclusion as being of God. undecided

▪︎Ask yourself simple questions here. Did the Almighty Himself declare anywhere in scripture that your Bible infallible and of Him?. undecided

▪︎Did God, in scripture decree, that His Truth to be your Bible and not Jesus Christ? undecided

▪︎Did God command His very own Spirit of Truth to abide inside of your Bible to serve as a seal of what you call its infallibility? undecided

The problem with soundbites Christianity , born of the doctrines of men , is it nothing but an attempt at using misdirection to tackle that which is of God. Those who cling to these doctrines and traditions of men come off even more ignorant of the Truth of God than they were from the beginning. You need to offload that junk if God is who you truly intend to know . undecided
And how did you know about Jesus or salvation is it not through the bible?

You advised me to know God, how am I going to know him, is it not through his word the bible? If there's any other way lemme know.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:

You advised me to know God, how am I going to know him, is it not through his word the bible? If there's any other way lemme know.

The Bible is just like a letter God used people from a nation (Israel) to write it as His secretaries then sent it to all the nations through a group His only begotten Son established!

As for how to know about the existence of God people from all nations have agreed upon that due to the things they see and heard.
So unlike other nations that learned about God through sight and sound the Bible is to help you know more in details Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:

■ Knowing God is different from believing a book written in the hands of men in human language is the Truth of God. undecided

■ Knowing God is a whole parallel universe away from believing a book will save you. That is what Jesus Christ warned the Pharisees who thought it was in scripture that they could find the secret to eternal life. undecided

Again, ask simple questions here about these ideas of yours..

▪︎ Did the Almighty Himself declare anywhere in scripture that your Bible is infallible and of Him?. undecided

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible is just like a letter God used people from a nation (Israel) to write it as His secretaries then sent it to all the nations through a group His only begotten Son established!

As for how to know about the existence of God people from all nations have agreed upon that due to the things they see and heard.
So unlike other nations that learned about God through sight and sound the Bible is to help you know more in details Sir! smiley
God bless you for such an intelligent response

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
■ Knowing God is different from believing a book written of the hands men in human language is the the Truth of God. undecided

Knowing God is a whole parallel universe away from believing a book will save you. That is what Jesus Christ warned the Pharisees who thought it was in scripture that they could find the secret to eternal life. undecided

Again, ask simple questions here of these ideas of yours..

▪︎ Did the Almighty Himself declare anywhere in scripture that your Bible infallible and of Him?. undecided

you are an anti Christ.

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:
God bless you for such an intelligent response
And you too!

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:
you are an anti Christ.
How can I be antiChrist if what I assert is that you instead follow that which is decreed by Jesus Christ Himself and not by men? Or do you now understand what the word "AntiChrist" means? undecided

Again... ■ Knowing God is different from believing a book written in the hands of men in human language is the Truth of God. undecided

■ Knowing God is a whole parallel universe away from believing a book will save you. That is what Jesus Christ warned the Pharisees who thought it was in scripture that they could find the secret to eternal life. undecided

Again, ask simple questions here about these ideas of yours..

▪︎ Did the Almighty Himself declare anywhere in scripture that your Bible is infallible and of Him?. undecided

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dtruthspeaker: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How can I be antiChrist if what I assert is that you instead follow that which is decreed by Jesus Christ Himself and not by men? undecided

Satan did present even 2 twice what was written God hath Said yet was he wrong and evil still!
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dangerousboy:
THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD

2Tim.3.16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Pet.1.20 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pet.1.21 - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Isa.34.16 - Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Josh.1.8 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Ps.1.2 - But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. [/b]

Correct!

No matter who's speaking, once the word is backed by the Spirit of God, it becomes the Word of God.

Any word spoken by anybody becomes Buhari's word if such word is backed by Buhari.

The Bible is the Word of God because it's backed by the Spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Correct! No matter who's speaking, once the word is backed by the Spirit of God, it becomes the Word of God. Any word spoken by anybody becomes Buhari's word if such word is backed by Buhari. The Bible is the Word of God because it's backed by the Spirit of God.
But Where is it written though that your Bible is the Word of God and it is backed by the Spirit of God? Where did God Himself provide this backing that you claim of what is your Bible via His very own Spirit? undecided

Consider this, there are other books of scripture that are not contained in your bible. For example, the scriptures that were read by Jesus Christ and His disciples are in no way limited to just the books contained in your Bible. And this is because those who compiled your bible felt it their place to exclude some scripture, so, where did the Almighty, in fact, provide this backing that you claim of what is your Bible? undecided

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where is it written though that your Bible is the Word of God and it is backed by the Spirit of God? undecided

Where is it written though that my Bible is not the word of God, and that it is not backed by the Spirit of God?
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Where is it written though that my Bible is not the word of God, and that it is not backed by the Spirit of God?
Interesting twist! So, are we to assume that since God never said the Bible is the Word of God, then we are at liberty then to declare the Bible as the word of God? undecided

In Scripture, it is instead written and declared boldly that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and Truth. But here you lot reject that all so you can instead declare your Bible the Word of God. Isn't this a direct rejection of that which is in fact written regarding that which is the Word of God? undecided
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting twist! So, are we to assume that since God never said the Bible is the Word of God, then we are at liberty then to declare the Bible as the word of God? undecided

In Scripture, it is instead written and declared boldly that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and Truth. But here you lot reject that all so you can instead declare your Bible the Word of God. Isn't this a direct rejection of that which is in fact written regarding that which is the Word of God? undecided

Are we then supposed to infer that since God didn't say the Bible is the word of God, we are therefore at liberty to say it's not the word of God?

Jesus is the Word of God. The Perfect Word of God. Tell me what the Bible is all about? Is it not about God and His plan of salvation through Jesus Christ? The theme of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Jesus.

You heretic say you don't believe in Paul, so I'll quote Peter:

2Peter 3:13
"He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

What does the scriptures mean in at the bolded. It mean the word of Satan?

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Wilgrea7(m): 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
As a Christian, the phrase “the Bible is the Word of God" was something I always believed and often parroted.. but i never really gave it much thought.

Let's assume for a moment that a single creator God exists..

What meaning does the phrase hold?

1. Does the bible contain only the statements supposedly spoken by a God? Or does it contain statements by other people too?

In the former case, the bible would just be a book that contains the words spoken by a God. In the latter, the bible would be a book documenting people's alleged conversations with a God.

2. How can we be sure that the words claimed to have been spoken by this God, were indeed spoken by the God? How can we verify?

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
1. Are we then supposed to infer that since God didn't say the Bible is the word of God, we are therefore at liberty to say it's not the word of God?

2. Jesus is the Word of God. The Perfect Word of God. Tell me what the Bible is all about? Is it not about God and His plan of salvation through Jesus Christ? The theme of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Jesus.

3. You heretic say you don't believe in Paul, so I'll quote,[/b] to their own destruction."

What does the scriptures mean in at the bolded. It mean the word of Satan?
1. Did God give men the power to infer anything in His behalf? undecided

2. undecided

You say your bible contains God's plan of Salvation, but it also contains the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ warned are an abomination to God, lies. Your bible also contains words of Satan, the Father of lies. What this means is that not all that is contained in your Bible amounts to the Truth of the God kind, right? undecided

Now, it is written in scripture that Jesus Christ is the one who is God's Word, and Truth, meaning there is no lie to be found in Jesus Christ. If there is no lie to be found in Jesus Christ, then it follows that Jesus Christ cannot be your Bible, meaning the Word of God, Jesus Christ, is not your Bible, and your Bible is not Jesus Christ, God's Word and Truth.. This is simple Logic!

3. I don't believe in Paul, nor in Peter since both were men and are to this day in their graves waiting along with everyone else who claimed to believe in Jesus Christ for Jesus Christ to return and judge their every work. Unlike you, I actually obey God who said not to put one's trust in flesh and blood - Jeremiah 17 vs 5. So, for me, what Paul wrote and what Peter claimed, all should be validated against that decreed by God Himself. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with God who instead said that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall truth(spoken of men) be established. undecided
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Did God give men the power to infer anything in His behalf? undecided

2. undecided

You say your bible contains God's plan of Salvation, but it also contains the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ warned are an abomination to God, lies. Your bible also contains words of Satan, the Father of lies. What this means is that not all that is contained in your Bible amounts to the Truth of the God kind, right? undecided

Now, it is written in scripture that Jesus Christ is the one who is God's Word, and Truth, meaning there is no lie to be found in Jesus Christ. If there is no lie to be found in Jesus Christ, then it follows that Jesus Christ cannot be your Bible, meaning the Word of God, Jesus Christ, is not your Bible, and your Bible is not Jesus Christ, God's Word and Truth.. This is simple Logic!

3. I don't believe in Paul, nor in Peter since both were men and are to this day in their graves waiting along with everyone else who claimed to believe in Jesus Christ for Jesus Christ to return and judge their every work. Unlike you, I actually obey God who said not to put one's trust in flesh and blood - Jeremiah 17 vs 5. So, for me, what Paul wrote and what Peter claimed, all should be validated against that decreed by God Himself. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with God who instead said that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall truth(spoken of men) be established. undecided

Go and sit down please. I'm not ready to continue hearing your gibberish.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Go and sit down please. I'm not ready to continue hearing your gibberish.
It is gibberish because your mind can't seem to wrap itself around that which which in facts written right there in scripture since it differs greatly from the regular lies which you are used to being pumped full of by your pastors and mogs. undecided
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is gibberish because your mind can't seem to wrap itself around that which which in facts written right there in scripture since it differs greatly from the regular lies which you are used to being pumped full of by your pastors and mogs. undecided

Everyone already knows you're a liar. I don't want more lies from an heretic.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Everyone already knows you're a liar. I don't want my lies from an heretic.
Again...

1. Did God give men the power to infer anything on His behalf? undecided

2. undecided

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...

2. undecided

That's your cup of tea.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
That's your cup of tea.
You can't respond as all you have to offer are the soundbites you have been fed by your pastors and mogs, right? And when none of that works, you are quick to attach the messenger instead of the message, abi? undecided
Again...

2. undecided

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You can't respond as all you have to offer are the soundbites you have been fed by your pastors and mogs, right? And when none of that works, you are quick to attach the messenger instead of the message, abi? undecided
Again...

2. undecided

I have engaged you several times enough to know that you've sold out your soul to the devil. No one can help you now. Only Jesus can.

I can't waste my time schooling you because you never desire the truth.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
I have engaged you several times enough to know that you've sold out your soul to the devil. No one can help you now. Only Jesus can.
I can't waste my time schooling you because you never desire the truth.
Again...

2. undecided

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...

2. undecided

Mtcheww.
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by OkCornel(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Correct!

No matter who's speaking, once the word is backed by the Spirit of God, it becomes the Word of God.

Any word spoken by anybody becomes Buhari's word if such word is backed by Buhari.

So where demons spoke in the Bible, are their words also “the word of God”?
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by RoyalDiadems: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
OkCornel:

So where demons spoke in the Bible, are their words also “the word of God”?

Calling the Bible the word of God does not refer to individual Bible characters.

The Bible is the word of God because it's backed by the Spirit of God. Even where demons spoke, you learn something about God, His power, and they of God's enemy.

1 Like

Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Correct!

very true
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Calling the Bible the word of God does not refer to individual Bible characters.

The Bible is the word of God because it's backed by the Spirit of God. Even where demons spoke, you learn something about God, His power, and they of God's enemy.
Notice how all of what you state here is according to your digest of what is written and not actually according to that which is stated by God Himself? undecided

You take it upon yourself to decide for God what is His Word and what is not, and in the process You ignore that told you by God Himself all so you can instead assert your will in place of His. Isn't that an amazing thing about those of you who claim to worship and revere God? undecided
Re: Correcting The 'The Bible Is Not The Word Of God' Error by Dangerousboy(m): 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

anyone who still argue with this submission is lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspirational Websites / Effects Of Supernaturalism: Doomsday Expectations 2 / How 2 Live Your Christian Live In A Very Convinient Way Because Jesus As Called

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.