Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) (55428 Views)

Vladimir Putin Dives Into Ice Frozen Lake To Celebrate Epiphany (Photos, Vids) / World’s Largest Fresh Produce Market CATCHES FIRE — And People Are Starting To A / Kenya Attack: Horrifying Moment Suicide Bomber Blew Himself Up (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Holiness2100: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDl06c7pjA
HEAVY DROUGHT: Its largest lake is so dry, China digs deep to water crops

With China’s biggest freshwater lake reduced to just 25% of its usual size by a severe drought, work crews are digging trenches to keep water flowing to one of the country’s key rice-growing regions.

The dramatic decline of Poyang Lake in the landlocked southeastern province of Jiangxi had otherwise cut off irrigation channels to nearby farmlands. The crews, using excavators to dig trenches, only work after dark because of the extreme daytime heat, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.

A severe heat wave is wreaking havoc across much of southern China. High temperatures have sparked mountain fires that have forced the evacuation of 1,500 people in the southwest, and factories have been ordered to cut production as hydroelectric plants reduce their output amid drought conditions.

The extreme heat and drought have wilted crops and shrunk rivers including the giant Yangtze, disrupting cargo traffic.

Fed by China’s major rivers, Poyang Lake averages about 3,500 square kilometers (1,400 square miles) in high season, but has contracted to just 737 square kilometers (285 square miles) in the recent drought.

As determined by water level, the lake officially entered this year’s dry season Aug. 6, earlier than at any time since records began being taken in 1951. Hydrological surveys before then are incomplete, although it appears the lake may be at or around its lowest level in history.

Along with providing water for agriculture and other uses, the lake is a major stopover for migrating birds heading south for the winter.

The heat is likely connected to human-caused climate change, though scientists have yet to do to the complex calculations and computer simulations to say that for certain.

“The heat is certainly record-breaking, and certainly aggravated by human-caused climate change,”
said Maarten van Aalst, director of the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre in the Netherlands. “Drought is always a bit more complex.”

https://apnews.com/article/china-lakes-droughts-climate-and-environment-a8a9278e0bf6ea53f9e3de49d0446f64

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by baralatie(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
shocked

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Righteousness2(m): 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
Unprecedented rivers and lakes suddenly drying up all over the world.
Even the the Blind , Deaf and Dumb are aware that the world is not normal anymore.

No one in this Generation has an excuse to miss the RAPTURE or Heaven . Because all the Signs JESUS Christ told us will precede His Coming are so audible, loud and clear right before us.

One of these days, there will be a Blast in skies that will shake this Earth. A sound that will Mysteriously take everyone who is Saved and washed in blood of JESUS out of here.
Live Ready People! JESUS Christ is Coming

203 Likes 20 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by ecolime(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
@Righteousness2

With all the trials and tribulations Nigerians are passing through, are you sure our own rapture hasn't occurred?

Nobody can tell me Buhari isn't the Antichrist.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Whereras here in Nigeria people have turned flash floods to swimming pool. Africa has all it takes to become the best and fastest growing economy in the world but greed, corruption, hatred, religion..etc keeps drawing us backwards. I see Africa becoming great once again.

This I have seen.

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Une7(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
It's well
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by gsegun43: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Oya let's wait for our Pastor End time (righteousness) to shout end time. Lolz

Modified: toor we don't even need to wait for him. Smh

grin

16 Likes

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by slawomir: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Damnnn
Righteousness2:
Even the the Blind , Deaf and Dumb are aware that the world is not normal anymore.
No one in this Generation has an excuse to miss the RAPTURE. Because all the Signs JESUS Christ told us will precede His Coming are so audible, loud and clear right before us.
I just dey pray make I catch you one on one
Many things go happen that day sha

Gastrocnemius:

You won beat our joy giver
Beat ke....I nor go beat am...wetin him eye go see him mouth nor go fit talk...from using weed to cook indomie or beans for am make him sleep for two days...as he dey wake up I go tie loud for am again...as he dey regain strength from loud....I go pay two slim beautiful runs babe make them bang am till day break...with all these...enough beer go dey flow for him table

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Truthday: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Bad

Still not a major challenge. China is surrounded by enough waters. They'll always be above those.
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by adioolayi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
Righteousness...come talk your talk na..

Modified:

Righteousness2:

No one in this Generation has an excuse to miss the RAPTURE. Because all the Signs JESUS Christ told us will precede His Coming are so audible, loud and clear right before us.

I no know say you don talk grin cheesy grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
I fear for the incoming floods..

4 Likes

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by jimmychang: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Righteousness2:

grin grin.....keep chut!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by atinga1: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Too bad.
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Firstcitizen: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Righteousness2:
Even the the Blind , Deaf and Dumb are aware that the world Righteousness2 is not normal anymore.

Fixed cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by rusher14: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Holiness indeed.
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by ChicagoBar(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Vote Jagaban Bola Ahmad Tinubu

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by ArinzeAnthony03: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nawao
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by hbk001(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
WONDERFUL!!!
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Advocate500: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
China abi aba lake?
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by rajiedreez: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
cry And Trump thinks that climate change is a hoax

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Eriokanmi: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Climate change is real
We're so blessed in this country. Each time I drive on 3rd mainland bridge and see ocean, I'd be wondering if it would ever dry up. I've not heard anyone say, they're experiencing water scarcity in their region. All the streams still remain in those villages. Even north isn't feeling the impact of climate change. They keep bringing agric produce down south daily.

All we need is good leadership and we'd be good. I'm not talking of the likes of Emilokan who would only come to worsen the Nigeria's economy and insecurity.

Someone should tell Uncle Emilokan that Nigeria big pass Lagos. He should go and ask Fashola whom Buhari gave 3 portfolios as a result of his performance in Lagos. We all knew what happened in the end. Nigeria is massive. We need a visionary leader.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Ancecoker(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
shocked
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by hbk001(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
ChicagoBar:
Vote Jagaban Bola Ahmad Tinubu

Nawaooooo!!
What y'all lots don't just understand is that y'all just wasting your time, space and what have you for stuff like this.

WE ARE GONNA VOTE FOR WE WANT NOT WHO YOU CAMPAIGN FOR US. Simple.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Hoedogwu(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Righteousness2:

One of the days, there will be a Blast in skies that will shake this Earth. A sound that will Mysteriously take everyone who is Saved and washed in blood of JESUS out of here.
Live Ready People! JESUS Christ is Coming

Mumu

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by saintfaculty(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
cool
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Onyenna(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
E don be!!
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Channah1(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Where's the before pics?

Nature and it's elements are really changing. To think I just posted about the unusual speed of time.

I also read where there's a switch in climate conditions between countries.

1 Like

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Righteousness2:

oga what about billions of distant planets will they experience rapture too

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by Drsnives(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nawaooooo
Re: China's Largest Fresh Water Lake Dries Up ( Pics, Video) by sotall(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taliban Parade American Military Equipments & Armoured Trucks: Pics & Video / Boris Johnson Admitted To Hospital Over Coronavirus Symptoms / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.