Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Sam Loco Efe - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sam Loco Efe (1074 Views)

Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe / Sam Loco Efe Is Dead / Sam Loco Efe, Clem Ohameze, Nonso Diobi And Other Stars Win Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sam Loco Efe by Chizin(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2011
Barely 24 hours after contradictory reports regarding prolific Nigerian actor and comedian, Sam Loco Efe, there is now confirmation that the actor is indeed dead.

Several Nigerian newspapers including, The Nation, the Imo State police and the Nigerian film governing body, Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) have confirmed the passing of Sam Loco.

The Nation newspaper is reporting that he was found dead in his Rapour Hotel room, room 204, in Amaakaohai on Orlu road in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

Imo State Police spokesman Linus Nwaiwu also confirmed that, “We have received the information on the death of Sam Loco Efe from the hotel. Our homicide unit is still working on the information.”

“Yes, it is true that Sam Loco passed away tragically in his hotel room. I will be making a statement on Monday (today). I can’t say much now because I want to verify the detail," Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) President Segun Arinze told the press Sunday.

Mr. Arinze revealed that the late actor had just recently finished a new movie titled The Unknown Prophet shot in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. He said the veteran actor had moved to Owerri to commence the editing of the movie.

The AGN president stated that Sam Loco's hotel room door had to be forced open after he failed to respond to numerous phone calls Sunday morning.

The Enugu-born actor has been in the Nigerian film industry since 1960 and has starred and appeared in several movies including Games Fools Play, German Wahala, Old Cargos, Across the River, A Fool at 40, Brain Box, Magic Cup and Men on the Run.

Re: Sam Loco Efe by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:19am On Aug 09, 2011
[size=13pt] Sam Loko Efe is not dead that is a very wrong information poster . I heard the news anyway i still dunno believe this is true. . . someone told me today he only got heart attack and fully alive, was so happy when i hear this great news he's not dead!! and i strongly wish he live so long , his time is not now~ [/size]

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Nollywood Movie Get A Us Distributor? / Did You Guys Ever Watch These Movies / #bbathechase-pokello Receives A Heroine’s Welcome In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.