Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

My Story: Do Not Give Up - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Story: Do Not Give Up (1818 Views)

Seeking A Job: My Story / How I Got My Dream Job In Just Two Weeks – My Story And Lessons Learned / How God Changed My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story: Do Not Give Up by Threesha(f): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2022
The story behind my leaving Nigeria to go study in Germany is a story that I will gradually share to motivate those striving.

The day I was born a story teller emerged to live a life that will encourage people.

One of my very close friends called me a forerunner like John the Baptist.

After graduation, Covid-19 ruined my youth service year because I hoped on getting a nice job during or immediately after service.

After the pandemic, companies started to layoff workers and slashed salaries of those retained, so no opportunity for new intake.

I was confused on what to do next.

I didn’t waste my time as I embarked on online learning and getting professional certifications (I hope young undergraduates caught up with the ASUU saga are utilizing their time investing in values and honing skills).

Eventually, after so many applicantions, I got to work in the sales and marketing department of a venture capital company.

This was never my dream, but I was ready to acquire all experiences I could get while I kept hope alive. Always searching for way forward, and greener pastures.

I got to speak with one of my cousins who gave me the information that I could actually study in Germany for free.

My interest was sparked instantly without even thinking twice.

Then the requirements after searching for various universities in Germany became my biggest challenge and rock bottom I didn’t rest upon but rather strived to break through.

I had no:

• International passport
• Transcript
• Original First degree certificate, etc.

All documents needed funds to get them not to mention funds for visa pursuit.

Fully funded scholarship was highly competitive and yes, many where getting it but the mental stress was something I wasn’t ready for and the free tuition in Germany sounded so promising.

I started the journey one document at a time, I barely earned what I could feed on, so I became a beggar to achieve my dreams.

But God has never failed me. My God who rewards sacrifices, God who sees the heart, God who keeps hope alive, He did it!

Here I am today, I made it.

Many do not know because I do not look like what I have been through, but who I want to be is my drive and God is my confident.

When Damilola Felicia Badmus wrote “God sees your dedication. He sees how you serve Him in your local church. He sees how generous you are to people and how loving you are. And guess what, His timing is always right and when you trust Him, your generation will call you blessed.” She spoke to me directly.

Do your best, there is no shame when trying to legally pursue your dreams. Results will wipe off all the shame, sorrow, pain, struggle, etc.

Do your best, no need to give up. I say this to you all.

#chidinmangameduru

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Fab21: 7:36am On Aug 31, 2022
May God answer my prayer as well.

4 Likes

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Makamatic: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2022
This man u too lie . Jack of all trades , master of none . Ah ah undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Rubyjade: 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
Makamatic:
This man u too lie . Jack of all trades , master of none . Ah ah undecided undecided
is that a lie? Use that to encourage yourself and learn

1 Like

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Bigii(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
Make we marry na cool

Congratulation
Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Makamatic: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Rubyjade:
is that a lie? Use that to encourage yourself and learn

See if u quote me with those ur many fake Stoopid female account , I'll curse u . Use ur original man account .
Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Rubyjade: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
undecided
Makamatic:

See if u quote me with those ur many fake Stoopid female account , I'll curse u . Use ur original man account .
Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by padi94(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
God bless you brother

2 Likes

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Lordbinsmar: 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Threesha(f): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2022
wink
padi94:
God bless you brother Sister
Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by padi94(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
Threesha:
wink

Hahaha, sorry

2 Likes

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Hamachi(f): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
wink
Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Sammy07: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hamachi:
wink

Happy Birthday to you. Many more years on earth in good health and wealth

1 Like

Re: My Story: Do Not Give Up by Hamachi(f): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2022
kiss
Sammy07:

Happy Birthday to you. Many more years on earth in good health and wealth

(1) (Reply)

INEC Ad-hoc Staff Training / All Fresh & Experienced Graduates Apply Now ! / Skybank Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.