Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL (880 Views)

7 Igbo Women On The Things They Dislike About Igbo Culture / The Misconception About Igbo Bride Prices / See 10 Interesting Facts About Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Lmubarack59(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2022
WHY NAIRALANDERS DONT LIKE IGBO PEOPLE?

The reason for this question is that i have realised that almost every thread i read on NL i find other tribes exchanging words with igbo pple though i cant call it insults directly. before i thought its just for politics later on i realise its not.

What suprise me is that am from the NW, i have alot of friends from different tribes, buh among all of them, igbo guys are the best honestly speaking... all igbo guys that i met are nice and caring. I use to forget we are from diff tribes when ever am with them. Unlike other tribes (Just saying this base on what I experienced)
So when ever i compare the way i know them personally and the way other tribes are treating them on NL Suprised me alot.

NO OFFENCE
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2022
sad
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by umarshehu58(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2022
Igbo people normally start the hatred

4 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2022
sad
Sincerely, Igbo people are peaceful people. They don't go around looking for trouble. They just after their business

3 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 11:10am On Aug 31, 2022
umarshehu58:
Igbo people normally start the hatred
How? Educate me

1 Like

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Lmubarack59(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2022
AdamuKD:
sad
Sincerely, Igbo people are peaceful people. They don't go around looking for trouble. They just after their business

Exactly thats what am saying... and if u are close to them they always care and support u when u need it...! I can swear on this

4 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Knivesout(m): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Simply, We are blessed beyond measure...success attracts jealousy here and there!

A dot in a circle holds d circle

4 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Asgard73: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2022
You’re igbo.. igbos are good except for their excesses ..
They hardly respect the culture of their hosts and see some culture as foolishness ..

Forgetting say Na wetin you give Na wetin you go receive

Igbos Yoruba and Fulani have same superiority mentality .. they look down on other Nigerian tribes .. including African tribes and culture.

Power to the people

2 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by ibechris(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2022
There is one special gift about an igbo man most people don't know.

An igbo can defend and fight for u any where.

An igbo man honours agreement.

An igbo man will never hurt his or her visitor. That is why they say "Ojemba ewe hin ru" that is,a stranger has no enemy.

An igbo man believes in relationship beyond tribe.

An igbo man is fearless...even my Yoruba landlady confirmed it to me.

3 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2022
Lmubarack59:

Exactly thats what am saying... and if u are close to them they always care and support u when u need it...! I can swear on this
That is just the stark truth. I am from Kaduna state rigasa and all my friends are mostly Igbos. Very nice guys and fun to be with

1 Like

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 11:18am On Aug 31, 2022
Asgard73:
You’re igbo.. igbos are good except for their excesses ..
They hardly respect the culture of their hosts and see some culture as foolishness ..

Forgetting say Na wetin you give Na wetin you go receive

Igbos Yoruba and Fulani have same superiority mentality .. they look down on other Nigerian tribes .. including African tribes and culture.

Power to the people
Disrespect the people's culture how? Educate me

1 Like

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by dangermouse(m): 11:34am On Aug 31, 2022
Mostly out of jealousy. They abound here on nairaland.
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by obiekunie01: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2022
AdamuKD:

That is just the stark truth. I am from Kaduna state rigasa and all my friends are mostly Igbos. Very nice guys and fun to be with

I am so glad the truth is gradually being exposed.

All the lies and propaganda hipped on the igboman is gradually being exposed - and people are gradually seeing the truth.

The Nigerian youths of today - be they northerners, middle-belt, southerners, are smarter, more intelligent and cant be easily fooled.

One day, we will all come to reject the lies and truly see ourselves as fellow citizens with mutual respect for one another.

2 Likes

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by RedboneSmith(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
The internet is a toxic place. That's all.
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Thinkfree(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2022
AdamuKD:

Disrespect the people's culture how? Educate me
For example you will see igbo in otukpa benue state fighting masquerades and you can't try that in neighbouring towns like obollo,nnsuka,opi, and ovoko.
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by sniperr007(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lmubarack59:
WHY NAIRALANDERS DONT LIKE IGBO PEOPLE?

The reason for this question is that i have realised that almost every thread i read on NL i find other tribes exchanging words with igbo pple though i cant call it insults directly. before i thought its just for politics later on i realise its not.

What suprise me is that am from the NW, i have alot of friends from different tribes, buh among all of them, igbo guys are the best honestly speaking... all igbo guys that i met are nice and caring. I use to forget we are from diff tribes when ever am with them. Unlike other tribes (Just saying this base on what I experienced)
So when ever i compare the way i know them personally and the way other tribes are treating them on NL Suprised me alot.

NO OFFENCE

Truth is that society needs a victim. And the victim are usually a minority group in that environment.

And as it is, Igbos are the minority group in all zones in Nigeria except SE.

Hence Igbos are always attacked and blamed for the failure of their leaders
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by AdamuKD: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Thinkfree:
For example you will see igbo in otukpa benue state fighting masquerades and you can't try that in neighbouring towns like obollo,nnsuka,opi, and ovoko.
Oga,so it's because of masquerade that u don't like Igbo people and u said that they are disrespecting una? Their is something that you are not telling us not because of this flimsy excuse

1 Like

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by dogmart(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
ibechris:
There is one special gift about an igbo man most people don't know.

An igbo can defend and fight for u any where.

An igbo man honours agreement.

An igbo man will never hurt his or her visitor. That is why they say "Ojemba ewe hin ru" that is,a stranger has no enemy.

An igbo man believes in relationship beyond tribe.

An igbo man is fearless...even my Yoruba landlady confirmed it to me.

Smiles. I once had an Igbo boss, who ALWAYS failed to honour agreements. Always changing goalposts.

Please lets stop being sentimental. It is nothing tribal. It is personal. Individual varies.

As we have trustworthy igbos same way we have fraudulent igbos. Very same way we have it the yorubas and other tribes.

My wife is igbo for your information, and I know I married a vewel.
Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
On Nairaland .... I see the tribalists as ones who either live in villages or still have village mentality... the mentality passed down from hundreds of years when tribe was everything ... capture or kill ... no intermingling. This forum gives the opportunity to interact and learn about other tribes ... other cultures ... people around the world.... but instead choose to be primitive and see a person from a different tribe as an enemy. These are the people when they go to live in another part of the country ... or abroad .... find it extremely difficult to adapt and end up in gangs of their own kind. Whatever one says about another tribe exists in his tribe ... murderers... rapists ... scam artists ... drug pushers ... wherever there are people there is vice... we need to look at people as individuals and not tribe... a man defines himself.... tribe doesn't define the man

1 Like

Re: Recently I Noticed This About Igbo On NL by dogmart(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2022
Originalsly:
On Nairaland .... I see the tribalists as ones who either live in villages or still have village mentality... the mentality passed down from hundreds of years when tribe was everything ... capture or kill ... no intermingling. This forum gives the opportunity to interact and learn about other tribes ... other cultures ... people around the world.... but instead choose to be primitive and see a person from a different tribe as an enemy. These are the people when they go to live in another part of the country ... or abroad .... find it extremely difficult to adapt and end up in gangs of their own kind. Whatever one says about another tribe exists in his tribe ... murderers... rapists ... scam artists ... drug pushers ... wherever there are people there is vice... we need to look at people as individuals and not tribe... a man defines himself.... tribe doesn't define the man

God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Commotion In Iree As Monarch Breaks Into Seclusion Shrine / Why Do Nigerians Go Crazy For A Tittle? / Web Address Of Calabar Carnival Beauty Pageant 2007.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.