Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98892 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:50pm On Apr 26
2shure:
Bro u bleeped up by getting another gear. Id rathwr get a gear directly from abroad than going to ladipo. Nigerians are cursed. They know the gear is bad ,they know the engine is bad, them go use acid wash am make e be like brand new,then claim its direct toks.meanwhile na scrap wey don condem.

That's what an average car owner will do bro, more than half of the used parts that gets offloaded in Ladipo are scraps from abroad that either gets repaired or refurbished and there are more nigerian used 1ZZs on the shelf than tokunbo. It only takes a very good and experienced technician to identify the direct toks. Which is why i have 1 trusted guy i go through whenever i want to get stuffs like this. I repair transmissions also but repairing cheap trannies is not worth my time, energy and resources. Just get a tokunbo and be at peace
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:58pm On Apr 26
sholamat:
Hello guys
Please help.
I just brought a toyata camry 2008 and have been using it for a month now, i changed the old when i brought it as nigeria used,

I have my check engine light on since i brought it and a tapping sound which my mechanic said they are not serious issues,

I noticed this morning that my check engine light kept blinking non stop, its was stable before but now its always blinking, my mechanic said its not issue but im scaried cos what i read about check engine light is scary

Please help.

Blinking check light indicates a malfunction that needs urgent attention and its mostly triggered by engine misfire. Check your sparkplugs or better sitll scan the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 6:04pm On Apr 26
1liquidice:
Hello good day, I have been battling with my Honda city 2007 gearbox, I was advised to convert it from automatic gearbox to manual gearbox, they said that a manual gearbox won’t stress me at all, is it advisable to convert it?

Your choice. But you can have your Honda automatic transmission problem resolved by replacing it. Just ensure the recommended trans fluid is used.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IykeBazz(m): 9:00am On Apr 27
My rx330 gear doesn't transmit more than 3 and is becoming sluggish. A mechanic said I should change the gear solenoid. Pls how do I work on this? 10pin gear
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:56am On Apr 27
IykeBazz:
My rx330 gear doesn't transmit more than 3 and is becoming sluggish. A mechanic said I should change the gear solenoid. Pls how do I work on this? 10pin gear

Ehn. Ahem aha!

Go and meet the mechanic to complete the kazeemization.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 10:44am On Apr 27
kingreign:

Ehn. Ahem aha!

Go and meet the mechanic to complete the kazeemization.

It could be a toyota Harrier masked as RX330
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 10:45am On Apr 27
IykeBazz:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just dey gather money down for gearbox sha
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:46am On Apr 27
nurey:

It could be a toyota Harrier masked as RX330

If you know, you know.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:46am On Apr 27
Abbeyismo:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just dey gather money down for gearbox sha
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tobiyclassy: 3:27pm On Apr 27
Pls my car started smoking a little, and the RPM needle moves as low as 600, car is sluggish at times, but when In motion like 60kmhr upward, movement is fine, fuel consumption increased too.

Corrolla 2009, scanned and no codes, no check engine light either.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tiztonio(m): 1:03am On Apr 28
I have this toyota camry 2011 with venza engine 4 plug. Im having issues with the adjuster. My engine produces this particular rattling sound especially when I engage the car on drive/reverse and gets worse when I turn on the Ac. I was advised to change the adjuster(pulleys) which I did. Unfortunately, it changed nothing. I still hear the sounds. Any advise??

NB: This happens when the car is idle(motionless)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 2shure: 3:24am On Apr 28
Get a spray carb cleaner. Turn on the engine.spray it on the can belt,if it becomes silent,thenbu need to replace the fan belt,spray on the diff adjusters both on the fan pulley and water pump.if theu get silent,then they need replacement.if they stil make that rattling sound. Then na from engine o.but seems maybe na fan wings or na youe timing chain teeth
Tiztonio:
I have this toyota camry 2011 with venza engine 4 plug. Im having issues with the adjuster. My engine produces this particular rattling sound especially when I engage the car on drive/reverse and gets worse when I turn on the Ac. I was advised to change the adjuster(pulleys) which I did. Unfortunately, it changed nothing. I still hear the sounds. Any advise??

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tiztonio(m): 7:22am On Apr 28
2shure:
Get a spray carb cleaner. Turn on the engine.spray it on the can belt,if it becomes silent,thenbu need to replace the fan belt,spray on the diff adjusters both on the fan pulley and water pump.if theu get silent,then they need replacement.if they stil make that rattling sound. Then na from engine o.but seems maybe na fan wings or na youe timing chain teeth
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by stevejames725: 3:46am On Apr 29
Awesome work thanks for sharing this with us check https://copyenglish.com/
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oladele239(m): 8:56pm On May 04
I need a new genuine upstream 02 sensor for accord 04 4 plugs .

Please quote me if u have with price thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Likeseun: 4:48pm On May 05
Plz house am having issues with Honda Civic AC I was told is leakages but I have change the valves and the problem still persist. Where can I get an expert in Alimosho Lagos
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:47pm On May 05
Likeseun:
Plz house am having issues with Honda Civic AC I was told is leakages but I have change the valves and the problem still persist. Where can I get an expert in Alimosho Lagos

It's normal with 1985 model civic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.