Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan (19518 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Appointed As Chancellor Of Cavendish University Uganda / Goodluck Jonathan At Gregory University Convocation In Uturu (Photos) / People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by FreeStuffsNG: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Emmamay10:
As a matter of urgency,president Buhari should replicate this approach so as to end this strike. If Buhari could interact directly with the ASUU leadership, perhaps ASUU could reconsider their stands and give peace a chance.
It costs N1.2 trillion and it is not one off payment. It is recurrent and not sustainable unless FG privatise these federal universities which we all do not want

1 Like

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by dogmart(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Femiwilli:
You value education

Buhari is an illiterate, he has no regard for education.

His kids are like him.
His daughter went to UK to study photography in University, imagine.

Yes na , he valued education but allowed strike to linger for 4months. grin

Congrats

1 Like

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by dogmart(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It costs N1.2 trillion and it is not one off payment. It is recurrent and not sustainable unless FG privatise these federal universities which we all do not want

That is what will finally happen. Lets wait and see.

Sebi dem don dey remove petroleum subsidy completely. Soon that of education will be a thing of the past.

2 Likes

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by MULANO: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
I sell virgin white/ silver and red Mercury contact me on 08109441889
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Confirm4real(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Unfortunately we have a useless President now.

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by dogmart(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
Roger3D:
Lies! Under President Jonathan the universities were shut for about 5 months in 2013. So what's this lie about him solving the problem in a single day? In fact he should take the blame for not implementing the agreements he and late Yaradua signed with the academics in 2009 and 2013

God bless you.

Past failed presidents will be running mouths as if things were bettr during their own tenure. Nonsense.

We can remember everything that happened vividly. Go and hide ur face oga jona

2 Likes

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by adioolayi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
marenalexander7:
Our president is sleeping and eating better food. Nothing concern him

Surely, Peter Obi is coming

They went on strike for good 4 months...He took the President a whole night and they might have just called off the strike, possibly, back then because of sheer respect for the office of the President...

Did his administration solved the ASUU problems Definitely NO... because ASUU has been shouting 2009 agreement!

ASUU problems seems to be so huge that it will take some very strict drastic measures to resolve.

I think Government should stop entering agreement they can't fulfill...they should be open, sincere with ASUU...lay everything bare on the table and let all parties make a decisive decision once and for all!
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Christian36: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rozross:
Jonathan was slow but everything better than buhari . I believe Tinubu will be a better president, he really tried in Lagos, there’s no modern Lagos without Tinubu. Tinubu is not bad with governance
What stop him from selling his ideals to the government he brought in if truly he has the knowledge to run a good government. I hate it when people start deceiving themselves. Tinubu built Lagos, Tinubu did this and that all are just fallacy used to deceive foolish people.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Timekeeper452: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
oz4real83:
GEJ is the reason Buhari became president. Buhari would have remained a perpetual presidential candidate if GEJ had provided quality leadership in his time. Buhari contested against Obasanjo and lost, contested against Yar'dua and also lost, contested against GEJ in 2012,lost but won against GEJ in 2015, what changed? The same people who voted Gej in 2012 realised his failure and those same people voted against him in 2015, but unfortunately voted a worse failure in the person of Buhari.
what changed was, the cabal that has killed this country grew tired of GEJ, and wanted their brother back in power.

1 Like

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by RZArecta(m): 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
Throwback:
You meant that you slept on it for many months and then woke up to tackle it in 1 day.

When we say this fellow is clueless, they do not know we are actually understating the problem.
when we say agbado guzzlers are not intelligent, it's not an insult but a statement of fact. Comprehension problems is a very big sign of dullness cool
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Mickykarim: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
I KNOW SOME THOUGHTLESS DUMB ASSES WOULD JUMP UNTO THE EMPTINESS THAT NEITHER RESOLVED NOR SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

The FUTILE attempt to forestall the constant ASUU strike yielded no result. Else we will not be talking ASUU strike at the moment.

" “I presided over the meeting with my vice president, the Attorney General was there, I said that that night we must solve the problem. The Attorney General was there, Second to the Government of the Federation was there, the ministers of education were there, the labor ministers were there the finance ministers, everybody that has to do with it.

“And I thought that my being there would help us to do things quickly. But we spent the whole night, before we finished on like 5:30am Before we concluded and the strike was called off, so there were issues,” Jonathan said."

THE ABOVE EFFORT BY Joe Nothing WHO WISH TO GLOAT OVER NOTHING IS AN INDICTMENT OF FUTILITY OF AN EXERCISE EMBARKED UPON BY HIS REGIME WHICH NEVER MET THE NEEDS OF THE PERENIAL CANCEROUS STRIKE BY ASUU.

Therefore, what did Jonathan achieve that he wants us to take in as an accomplishment over the ASUU MENACE, despite the WASTE nocturnal convergence of the hawks of his government.

WITH THE EMPTY BOASTFUL Dr. Joe Nothing. WHY ARE WE STILL BATTLING ANOTHER ASUU STRIKE?
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Lazenby007(m): 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
marenalexander7:

Yes o ma broda !. He is in already.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by fantastic1: 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
dangerousd071:
Oga Jonah. Please Keep Quiete on this issue.
You also contribute to the situation we are today. If to say you solve the Problem once and for all not just luring them as the APC tried and fails, this will be a story.
Nonetheless, I'll advice Mbuhari to invite you so that you'll share those sweet words you use for them that time.

Just shut up. Nobody solves any problem once and for all. Play your fucking role and leave when it is time. It doesn’t stop the other person from playing his role.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by oz4real83(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
Timekeeper452:
what changed was, the cabal that has killed this country grew tired of GEJ, and wanted their brother back in power.
I voted Gej in 2012, I voted PMB in 2015, I didn't vote anybody in 2019. It wasn't the cabal that made such decision for me. The same thing happened to many other voters. I only gave a single chance to a candidate and if he fails, he won't get a second vote from me. Stop blaming the cabal for everything, Nigerians make their vote choices in their houses, not the cabal's houses. Gej failed woefully only that PMB's failure surpassed his own and unprecedented in history.

1 Like

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by emmykk(m): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
danjumaisah:
This is an indictment.
It implies there wasn't any need for the strike except negligence of your part

Your level of critical reasoning is low.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by skyp(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
As bad as this man's government was so has the temerity to come out and speak as if his government was an eldorado. This man is responsible for whatever we going through today. I see him as far worst than Buhari
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by seunmind44: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
You try sir.

Daniella set the record as the first BBNaija housemate to have Sèx with 2 different housemates in the house. Dotun and Khalid.
#bbnaija

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Chicastle: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
Aminu wey betrayed wike.. him Dey wait una for court
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by CheapHomes1: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
danjumaisah:
This is an indictment.
It implies there wasn't any need for the strike except negligence of your part

Negligence on his part in what way?
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by ufotunang: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
The negotiation and agreement with ASUU and your administration started at 2009 ...put you did not implement all the agreements...ASUU iis still on strike based on the 2009 negotiation and agreement with Jonathan government..so how then did you finally tackle ASUU strke..ASUU is still on strike now..I do not understand
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by blackboy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
Oga Sir, Buhari said instead of settling ASUU you held a national conference for the good of Nigeria and spent so much on the conference and because of that he wont adopt the white paper or even look at it
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Niceiroko: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
dangerousd071:
Oga Jonah. Please Keep Quiete on this issue.
You also contribute to the situation we are today. If to say you solve the Problem once and for all not just luring them as the APC tried and fails, this will be a story.
Nonetheless, I'll advice Mbuhari to invite you so that you'll share those sweet words you use for them that time.

U saw the error n u said put me Dee in 1yr I would correct it but shame on u u r still pointing fingers no growth from u
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rozross:
Jonathan was slow but everything better than buhari . I believe Tinubu will be a better president, he really tried in Lagos, there’s no modern Lagos without Tinubu. Tinubu is not bad with governance

Tinubu made Lagos like he’s the founder or creator of Lagos. Or He alone is Lagos. He made sure that a certain percentage of the taxes every company/business in Lagos pays goes straight into his pocket. Why ? I don’t think that’s governance. That’s like claiming what isn’t his.

Someone like that shouldn’t be the President of any Country. If Tinubu becomes president of Nigeria, Nigeria will work but Tinubu will claim a very huge amount of money. Even till after he leaves office. That’s like ‘god-fatherism’.

He shouldn’t be in the spot light anymore. We left his tenure a long time since 2007. 2007 till now is about 15years. He’ll milk the country dry if He becomes president.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Gabbriell: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Emmamay10:
As a matter of urgency,president Buhari should replicate this approach so as to end this strike. If Buhari could interact directly with the ASUU leadership, perhaps ASUU could reconsider their stands and give peace a chance.

It's not about meeting with ASUU directly.

Even without directly interaction with ASUU, the strike can easily be called off.
What u are seeing between FG and ASUU is two sides fighting.
There was never a move from FG to end the strike. Look at what they proposed.

They said they have solve 80% of ASUU issues...but look at the solutions they offered.

Proposed salary increament =>to comence around march 2023
Revitalization fund => To be added to 2023 budget, meaning the full implementation is around march 2023
UTAS=> The FG said they will join all three payment platforms together (UTAS, IPPIS n that of the non academics) and use as one. The time of implementation is unknown.

These are the three main reasons why they went on strike.
What the government has don is to shift the responsibility to the incoming government.

Knowing Nigeria government, any incoming government will not accept that responsibility, they will refuse to pay and it lead to another strike and another renegotiation.

FG has not done anything other than promises. They are just trying not to give in to ASUU. ASUU on the other hand will never call off this strike unless the reason merits the time wasted thus far.

1 Like

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by 4ward4: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rozross:

Should one remind you Lagos Was like Abuja, or better still more organized and funded than Abuja, since the military had it most often. Abacha had to move it down to Abuja ,because it seems they were having two military Government in power that is IBB who was in Abuja and Abacha in Lagos.
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rozross:
As you mention Tinubu, all my bones just weak for you...

Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by BannarBannar: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2022
We use to be very funny atimes. Tinubu and Shettima were there and these people fail to recognized them. O wrong naw. Even though I dey support Obi
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
How you know all what GEJ said at that ceremony are crap is that, ASUU's grievances are results of accumulated deceits and romance by the federal government. So, oga GEJ, ahbeg! Help us go look bush...
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Panda7(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
is there no way to solve the ásuu striker once and forever undecided
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by Jackipapa: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
maryjames9:

If you were a President, would you have a meeting with a Union that perpetually fight your government at every single opportunity with so much disdain, arrogance and hatred? If you have 2 wives, which one would you give more attention, love and resources to? The wife that fights you everytime, call you derogatory names, blackmail you, openly confronts and insult you you for not giving her enough resources or the one that plactes you, appeal to your ego and sings your praise despite your obvious imperfections?

Who force you marry two wives? Forget about this comparison, the scenarios are very different!
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by biggy00000(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
marenalexander7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jPB_-Cfn_Q

You are not v correct.

Mr president is shocked and will have to travel to ease this shock
Re: I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan by IGoComotYaTeeth: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rozross:
at age 85? It's like suffer never tire you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Will Jamb Registeration Close For This Year / Government Begins Payment Of University Lecturers' Salary Arrears / The Best Polytechnic In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.