Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina (10811 Views)

Peter Obi's Speech At LCCI Postponed And 15 Candidates Protest Exclusion / Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference / Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by naptu2: 6:39am On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi @PeterObi

Thank you for inviting me to this important town hall event in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am delighted to be here, in the friendly, warm and welcoming City of Charlotte. My sincere gratitude to all of your for coming out to interface with me.

Some of you are here in America by choice; but majority are not here by choice. Circumstances at home have compelled your sojourn here. But I also know this much: If your hearts were not in Nigeria, you won’t be here this evening. So, once again, I thank you for being here.

Nigeria Diaspora family has the capacity to catapult our nation to greatness.

In 2021 Nigeria’s foreign direct investment (FDI) was $4.8 billion. This is paltry compared to Diaspora remittances. Therefore, I see Diaspora remittances as the new normal and becoming Nigeria’s Official Development Assistance (ODA).

Moreover, expert assessments are indicative that with proper policy and planning, Nigerians in Diaspora could potentially remit about $60b annually; which will translate to about 14% of our total GDP.

I foresee a Diaspora role of infinite possibilities when and if our sons and daughters, elect to deploy their technology, expertise, industrial discipline and experience, to Nigeria for national development and encourage their hosts and friends to invest in Nigeria.

The Nigerian Diaspora can help to mobilize efforts in the direction of private sector investment. Beyond your sheer financial power, your contributions also include ideas, creativity, and a diverse global network.

Our vision and mission is to give full expression to our democracy by moving our country from consumption to production.

In transforming the economy we intend to make it more productive, thus creating employment and prosperity for millions of youths, reducing poverty in the land, addressing issues of criminality and insecurity.

Thinking through 2023 and beyond, we must think seriously about a leadership that is imbued with competence, capacity, credibility and commitment. The 4 Cs, will be required to turn Nigeria around.

We will pursue intangible assets of good governance, rule of law, security of lives and properties; and emphasize patriotism, national interest, and national morale, quality of government, political will and character, which are all complimentary to the other assets.

We will ensure that we have these assets in place and stress asset optimization.

We will tackle insecurity robustly, through an aggressive increase in personnel and equipment and inclusive training of operatives in our security agencies.

We will tweak the security architecture, by offering each arm or agency lead in areas where they have comparative advantage.

We[b] intend to lay special emphasis on critical infrastructure, especially Power, to ensure a clear measurable increase of 200% of today’s generation, transmission and distribution, within the shortest possible time through public private partnership.[/b]

We will pursue aggressively modalities for raising the national internet penetration, as well as increased contribution of ICT to overall economic growth aid national development.

Africa will remain the centrepiece of our foreign policy. We will improve Nigeria’s diplomatic sphere of influence via peacekeeping, trade, and investment initiatives.

We[b] will pay particular attention to tackling Nigeria’s myriad domestic challenges, in particular improving governance and promoting national cohesion in as much as an active foreign policy critically depends on a vibrant and peaceful domestic situation.
[/b]
We will rebuild Nigeria’s military power, promote economic growth, and enhance its technological prowess to improve Nigeria’s diplomatic influence in sub-regional, regional and global affairs via peacekeeping activities.

We will proactively reassert Nigeria’s leadership role in African affairs through constructive engagement, using existing sub-regional and regional forums as well as bilateral platforms for dialogue on current and emerging challenges.

We will aggressively pursue human capital development in the education and health sectors within available resources; with a view to adopting pertinent global best practices in both sectors.

We will have zero tolerance for corruption; block leakages and cut the cost of governance. Our total commitment to transparency and accountability in government business is the only credible way to achieve limited to zero corruption.

We will seek to reunite Nigeria through strict adherence to Constitutional provisions on equitable representation in Federal establishments and regenerate a sense of belonging to all citizens through inclusivity and adequate representation of women,

The review of the Constitution will be part of the overall restructuring Nigerians desire. It will entail legislative, executive and judicial actions. Ultimately the Nigerian people will decide.

It will take only one visionary leadership and disruptive thinker for Nigeria to be put back on the right trajectory. I know that with a robust diaspora support we can do it for Nigeria.

Even though the outlook seems bleak, especially with the present state of insecurity ad parlous economy, things, I am certain that with your avid prayers and contributions in both human and material terms, Nigeria will recover.

Special thanks go to Chief Johnny Obika and Dr. Ben Okwara for coordinating this event.

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1565195860023148545

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by naptu2: 6:53am On Sep 01, 2022
Pictures.

9 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Nightwolf1: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2022
Can you sincerely compare Peter Obi with the vegetable needing assistance to walk around? grin grin grin

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Dshocker(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2022
If Nigerians want a leader that will favour some sections of the country and enrich his circle of friends, then vote Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu

But if Nigerians want a leader that will tackle the economy that has been raped by the past leaders. An economy which has driven our youths into all kinds of crimes, like prostitution, internet fraud, kidnapping, terrorism and ritual, then Peter Gregory Obi

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by FunkeAyorinde: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2022
Wow

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by adioolayi(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2022
"We will have zero tolerance for corruption; block leakages and cut the cost of governance. Our total commitment to transparency and accountability in government business is the only credible way to achieve limited to zero corruption."

Oga Peter Obi..this country matter for corruption tie serious wrapper ooo...na huge systemic problems and na civil servants be the champions for Government establishments....

It's good to say I will fight corruption...why are people corrupt What will you do to make corrupt practices less enticing

In all your interviews ..I am yet to see answers to the above.

God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Omonieme: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2022
We will we will we will. Nigerian politicians are ever willing but never acting. Good at diagnosing problems but not proffering solutions. Kudos to Obi for working hard on his campaign. But I'm not convinced and I still won't be voting him or any of the other candidates. I've totally lost hope in the ability of a Nigerian politician to change the current trajectory.
In 2014-15, the ship of state was gradually sinking. Ya'll might not remember as time blunts memories but Jonathan's government was bad. Don't know what would have happened had he won a 2nd term. So, before blaming someone that voted for Buhari, please understand he had no choice. Now to Buhari, dude brought a lot of hope that Nigeria will now finally move on a path where our enormous potential will be realized. This hope was further strengthened after his inauguration speech. I personally thought it's the dawn or as close to it as possible. 7 years on, things have gone worse. No changes whatsoever. So, thanks but no thanks. Dear Mr. Peter Obi, unless there's a systematic change, a change in our psyche as a nation and a total reorientation of our values as a people, I don't see you doing any different from others.
All said, if you're in need of a good car at a very good price, please click on my profile. I've got some very amazing auto deals that will leave you wowed. Just check and see for yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Michelle70(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2022
See them, politicians.

The only politician that loves the masses is the one that is looking for our votes.

3 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Abilistic(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2022
We will have zero tolerance for corruption; block leakages and cut the cost of governance. Our total commitment to transparency and accountability in government business is the only credible way to achieve limited to zero corruption.

25 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by IbomFinest: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2022
How sound a speech from a sound gentleman

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by awodijiie: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2022
Obi is a GOAL.

22 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Racoon(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2022
This man is really a genius.

20 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by ItIsWellAmen: 7:13am On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi is really doing well outside o.. but my question is what will these people he's spending time with abroad do aside from the money they contributed. Will they come down and vote
Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by kenechukwuj(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2022
The incoming President

3 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Timoleon(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2022
How do y’all take these politicians and their rhetorics serious?

Someone up there said he is a genius. Very funny.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by 07kjb: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Great speech from a worthy to be PRESIDENT

10 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Kubin: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2022
God really knows our hearts,peter Obi carry us the go the go.

5 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Igboslayer: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi should tell Nigerians why he invested Anambra State fund in a family beer business that promotes Biafra logo/insignia till this day. Check picture below. This itself is corruption.

Meanwhile, Most Igbos you see around only pretend to be Nigerian during the day and support Biafran at night, then after 9 months of indescretion and treachery they become pregnant with intense disloyalty and hatred which made them labour in vain at LABOUR PARTY and give birth to triplets called Zoogerian, Zoombidient and Obituary.

OBI is a fraud, a Biafra at heart. This is a man who invested millions of dollars into a beer business own by is family that still promotes Biafra till this day. Hero beer wears the biafra flag from head to toe.. You can see in the Picture below for yourself, this not propaganda, it's what it is.

Nigerians needs be wise oooo. The black cloth this man wears up and down is part and parcel of the biafra insignia. Don't be fooled, he never tranformed Anambra state, after eight years the state became heavily indebted. The suffer no dey tire you people started their suffering from Anambra state.

These are really treacherous people, followers of Nnamdi Kanu that called Nigeria zoo and are now suddenly in love with Nigeria and want to rescue it...no be juju be dat? Igbos for once are never sincere with Nigeria.

102 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Chigorkizz(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2022
Obi is a good man.

1 Like

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by profmathsland(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2022
Hmmmm, Let's hope that after all is said and done, we would be able to say "Yes, Nigerians picked the right candidate".
Hold your PVCs tight.

6 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Timoleon(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2022
He is like any other politician. Rhetorics mostly. We will and we shall without any actual plans or strategy.
adioolayi:
"We will have zero tolerance for corruption; block leakages and cut the cost of governance. Our total commitment to transparency and accountability in government business is the only credible way to achieve limited to zero corruption."

Oga Peter Obi..this country matter for corruption tie serious wrapper ooo...na huge systemic problems and na civil servants be the champions for Government establishments....

It's good to say I will fight corruption...why are people corrupt What will you do to make corrupt practices less enticing

In all your interviews ..I am yet to see answers to the above.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by IbomFinest: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2022
ItIsWellAmen:
Peter Obi is really doing well outside o.. but my question is what will these people he's spending time with abroad do aside from the money they contributed. Will they come down and vote
Those people have families and friends at home here who will be the electorates. They could ultimately be influenced to listen to the voice of reason and vote for Obi, since they are convinced he will run an inclusive government.
All Nigerians matter no matter where they are... Home or abroad.
Vote wisely.

4 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Owopariola001: 7:27am On Sep 01, 2022
naptu2:
Peter Obi @PeterObi

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1565195860023148545

He has successfully said nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:28am On Sep 01, 2022
The Best President Nigeria will ever be blessed with

1 Like

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by DjRickyNG: 7:29am On Sep 01, 2022
Inasmuch as I admire this man's intelligence,I'm goin to vote him. It's obvious he isn't seeking opportunity to loot else he would b spending money lyk the others to ensure he secures the position at all cost! But my fear; he was with the others,contested with them & never complained until he was betrayed. So much so, he might completely be another Atiku & Buhari in disguise!
My most preferred candidate still; Omoyele Sowore!
Thank u.
Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by IbomFinest: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2022
Owopariola001:

He has successfully said nothing.
Meaning you didn't go to school. If you did, it means you were doing drugs like your master when your English teacher was teaching comprehension and sentence analysis. Thanks for letting us know. grin grin

Owopariola001:

Don't mistake me for your uncle who takes drugs for a living. cheesy cheesy
Truth is bitter guy... Psychologically, if after a constructive, productive, entertaining and informative lecture in the class, a student comes out to say, "that lecturer said nothing", it is a sign of hard drugs intake. grin
Dude stop doing drugs for your family's sake abeg... cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina by Coronavirus1: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2022
Am Obidient's as from today I decamp from Apc devil's party. LP PAPA MAMA PIKIN

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abacha's Vision 2010 Blueprint Reviewed - Prof. Sam Aluko (economist) / NDDC, China Plan 7,000 Mega Watts Regional Power Project In Niger Delta / Amaechi Arrives Bayelsa for consultation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.