Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

"We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons (11024 Views)

#EndSARS: IGP Adamu Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot Protesters / Imo PDP raises alarm over disappearance of collation officer / We Are Not Tapping Telephone Lines Of Nigerian Citizens - DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by FalseProphet1(m): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Liars
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Raxxye(m): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Dni
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Daura Secret Service remains APC attack dogs

3 Likes

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by modsfucker: 9:18am On Sep 01, 2022
God1000:
DSS needs to change its Modus operandi.

This is not how FBI operates in America

What modus operandi are you specifically talking about?
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Timekeeper452: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2022
This is the worst government in the history of this country. Not even a military regime was this bad.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by modsfucker: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2022
post=116247030:
The authorities must take immediate actions to end enforced disappearances and other related human rights violations.
They must demonstrate zero tolerance for such crimes through ensuring independent, impartial, and effective investigations, and prosecution of those culpable in fair trials, without recourse to the death penalty

Tell me one person that has been forced to disappear by the DSS.
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by TI1919(m): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2022
T
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Proudlyomonna: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2022
Liars.
Shildren of Liar Mohammed.
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by chatinent: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2022
The girl una give belle for una custody inko?

1 Like

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Moneyboyz: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2022
But you break into people's homes, hotel rooms etc without warrants and harass them?
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Freethinker87: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin

The DSS used to be very respected under the military regimes and the PDP administrations as a professional and covert organization that rarely follow media frenzies. But since Buhari came onboard and started using them to harass judges and intimidate the opposition. They have become a laughing stock and seen as mere attacks dogs of Buhari.

The DSS has never been a respectable organization. They were the SSS under Abacha, and SS under Babangida. They've always been thugs to corrupt regimes and conducted state sponsored disappearances of Civilians.

Changing their name does not make them respectable.

4 Likes

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by NJV: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2022
Ok. But let your actions speak louder than words next time
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by udemzeus(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2022
I will teach you how to create Facebook and Instagram ads for free.
Join the group to connect with amazing people who wants to learn internet marketing.

https://web./640394987328161/
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2022
Freethinker87:

The DSS has never been a respectable organization. They were the SSS under Abacha, and SS under Babangida. They've always been the thugs of corrupt regimes and conducted state sponsored disappearances of Civilians.

Changing their name does not make them respectable.

Let’s say that was during the military junta of Abacha. But apart from the SS killing Dele Giwa during the IBB regime, they have really gotten worse under Buhari unlike the administration of Obasanjo, Yar’Adua and Jonathan. For Christ sake we are in a democracy and not some military junta.
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by ugofulfilled(m): 9:28am On Sep 01, 2022
What about noncitizens?
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Dawn91(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2022
grin
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by ehinmowo: 9:31am On Sep 01, 2022
Jennifer663:
This is complicating!

No it's not. DSS knows it culpable. The denial is just ti safe face.

1 Like

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by joelag: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2022
Once there is a denial, the opposite is the direction.

2 Likes

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by zumbigbo(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2022
Japa Central....country is an open air asylum with no form of human rights.

1 Like

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by malvisguy212: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2022
post=116247030:
The authorities must take immediate actions to end enforced disappearances and other related human rights violations.
They must demonstrate zero tolerance for such crimes through ensuring independent, impartial, and effective investigations, and prosecution of those culpable in fair trials, without recourse to the death penalty
E be like say you no dey read well . which authority ? No be the authority be the DSS?

1 Like

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by Freethinker87: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Let’s say that was during the military junta of Abacha. But apart from the SS killing Dele Giwa during the IBB regime, they have really gotten worse under Buhari unlike the administration of Obasanjo, Yar’Adua and Jonathan. For Christ sake we are in a democracy and not some military junta.

True, and like I said they've always been legal thugs to corrupt regimes. They're available to any Government who wants to get dirty. Obasanjo, Yar Adua, and Jonathan had no use for them so they seemed respectable, but that's far from the truth.

The only difference between the DSS and NURTW is that they're legally allowed to bear arms. Their sole duties are espionage, abduction and assassination. Nothing else.

They like to talk about anti-terrorism and I ask, have they ever repelled a terrorist attack?

2 Likes

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by onuman: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2022
HonNL:

Amnesty International, Nigeria

DSS replies:

Thousands of people taken by Nigeria's authorities have disappeared without trace under APC government since 2015.
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by gadgethead: 9:37am On Sep 01, 2022
"We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons.....Of course you do
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by DOTian: 9:37am On Sep 01, 2022
bigpicture001:
They do... I have once been abducted by the DSS...

When I found a. Way to send. My family an sms that I am with the DsS for reasons unknown to me.. family came.. and they claimed I wasn't with them that dey should check other police station... Las last I was tortured like a criminal hanged on a cieliing with handcuffs... And two agent.. used two by two to beat me ceaselessly... Till my leg bone was broken... They loaded and cocked a gun in my face.. and threatened me.. also saying thaat if mistakenly the gun went off.. I will be reported to have attempted escape from detention....

I pray every morning for the death of at least two DSS agent everyday in the hands of. Criminals.... They will never see 70years.... Stupid organization who lies that they investigate cases....

They have killed thousands of innocent young men in Imo State.
As far as I'm concerned, their since are unforgivable
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by SKYHIGHfx: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2022
post=116247030:

U talk sense today, like say u nova chop agbado and cassava this morning
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2022
Freethinker87:

True, and like I said they've always been legal thugs to corrupt regimes. They're available to any Government who wants to get dirty. Obasanjo, Yar Adua, and Jonathan had no use for them so they seemed respectable, but that's far from the truth.

The only difference between the DSS and NURTW is that they're legally allowed to bear arms. Their sole duties are espionage, abduction and assassination. Nothing else.

They like to talk about anti-terrorism and I ask, have they ever repelled a terrorist attack?

Well, I wouldn’t agree less with you. You are also right with this assertion. Nigeria is just a jungle or should I even say evil forest. Lol
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by esthel(f): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2022
If I hear
Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by onuman: 9:41am On Sep 01, 2022
TheRealMalcolmX:
undecided

Buhari's regime is the worst regime in the history of the world. He is the quintessence of incompetence.

May God not put Nigeria in the hands of another Fulani Muslim.

Death to all terrorists.

In bold - people in Nigeria must not allow another Fulani Muslim succeed President Buhari. Else worse calamity shall fall upon Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons by christianjoy(m): 9:45am On Sep 01, 2022
Liars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos / Alamiesegha's Home In The US Seized By Government / #osunwest Decides: Mudashir Husain Votes In Ejigbo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.