Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan (509 Views)

2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati / Aminu Abdussalam: Tinubu Held His Colloquium In Kano Because Of 2023 Politics / Federal High Court Restrains Obaseki From Participating In PDP Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2022
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerians not to lower their guard, but use the forthcoming 2023 elections to save the country’s democracy.

He made the call in his message on the occasion of Bishop Matthew Kukah’s Birthday Celebration in Abuja on Wednesday evening.

Dignitaries present at the occasion include: Governor of Ekiti, Kayode Fayemi; Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong; the Secretary to Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress,  Bola Tinubu; and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima.

Others are Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Antonio Filippazi; Archbishop of Abuja, His Grace Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama; the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar; the President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Archbishop Daniel Okoh; former governor of Sokoto, Attahiru Bafarawa; former governor of Imo, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha; the National Chairman of the Labour Party (LP), Julius Abure; and the Director-General of Budget Office, Ben Akabueze, amongst others.

Speaking on the theme of the event, ‘Nigeria’s Unfinished Greatness: Next steps’, Jonathan urged Nigerians to remain vigilant and put all hands on deck to choose leaders that will take the nation to the promised land

He said, “Obviously, many people, especially our youth are becoming increasingly disillusioned about our politics and our democracy.

“However, we must remain on the democratic path because it is the only practical way of effectively managing our diversity, developing sustainably and recording progress as a nation.

“The task before all of us is not to lower our guard, lest the democracy we cherish today, succumbs to threats and recedes into fascism tomorrow.

“Towards this goal, we are again faced with a good opportunity of choosing our leaders as the nation prepares to go to the polls next year. Let us choose those that will take us to the desired destination and the promised land.

“I am particularly thrilled that Nigerian youths are participating actively in the politics of 2023. According to the latest figures from INEC, youths constitute the majority of the 96.2 million registered voters, in the build-up to the next election. That is a good sign.”

He charged the youths that have registered ahead of the 2023 elections 

to endeavor to walk their talk by making sure they come out to vote on election day.

According to him, “They should, by all means, resist the machinations of unscrupulous politicians who would wish to exploit them by luring them to commit acts of violence or disrupt the process of free and fair elections.

“Our recent experience with the heightened youth interest in politics shows how desirous they are of participating directly in the governance process.  They now know better not to lend their youthful energy to unpatriotic acts, during elections.”

The former Nigerian leader described Nigeria as a work in progress; adding that until that work is done, people like Bishop Kukah, who serve as the conscience of the nation, will continue to be around to constantly hold the mirror of the nation’s progression to its face.

He explained, “In the course of the last few years since I left government, I have been involved in the work of promoting democracy, credible elections and peaceful transitions across Africa.

“From what I know and have seen, I can confidently say that the experience and struggle for development are similar in many parts of Africa.

“Nigeria may not be where we want it to and should be, but we should not give up or lose hope by focusing on only the negative.

“Judging from where we are coming from since independence in 1960, we may have been moving slowly in our journey of nationhood, but it is a journey of progress, all the same.

“Our greatness is still work in progress because we have not been able to adequately deploy the enviable human and natural resources that God gave us, to full advantage. It is a task we will continue to work on and improve.

“A nation is an organic being that sometimes suffers setbacks. Along the line, from 1960, the nation no doubt has had its own doses of  setbacks. This cuts across civil and military rule. The worst was the three-year civil war.

“In every set back, there are always lessons to be learnt and positive take aways from such painful experiences that should guide us to a more productive future.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/im-thrilled-nigerian-youths-are-participating-in-2023-politics-jonathan/
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by ZeroAccess: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2022
Is about time we the youth participate fully. We can't leave our destiny to older generation who have already mortgage it.

Obi presidency was a shocker to the old greedy men, who always hide behind structure, bribing there way out and leaving us with corrupt foes.

With Obi presidency, the issue of structure will die a natural death. Few individual can't gather in one arena, collect thousands of dollars and decides our collective faith. That have to stop.

They have held us for too long, is time to take back our country.

Obi is coming
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Authority1o1(m): 10:00am On Sep 01, 2022
Okay...

All thanks to Obi.

Before the coming of Peter Greg Obi in 2019, Nigerian youths had a reputation for voter apathy. They had always believed that it is more rewarding to spend the days of election before screens or on fields playing football than go out to bring in the same crop of thieves who parade as messiahs.

Igbos also had the same reputation until 2019.
Before the election, statistics showed that the once indifferent Southeast registered in their droves, so much so that the most recent 2022 registration didn't have much number because almost every southeasterner who was of age in 2019 registered to oust Buhari.

Peter Obi is a living legend who, if not for anything else, should be appreciated for bringing hope and joy to ordinary Nigerians.
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:01am On Sep 01, 2022
Nigerian youths are working to take back their country and there is no amount of blackmail, intimidation or propaganda that can stop it.

The era of using thugs and harassment to manipulate elections should be over. How can a group of old men whose agenda is power and money be holding a whole country to ransom?

Their kids school abroad. Their kids wash their hands with the best of wines in European clubs. Their kids sleep with the costliest prostitutes in Europe. They have networks of crooks that help them rig elections which they call structure. They spend our collective money anyhow and come back to tell us to chill. No job, no amenities, no education, no security. Their so called structures can steal at will and go untouched for as long as he belongs.

Their strategy in their power game is to explore tribe and religion. But they forget tribe and religion during looting and money sharing.
The masses deceived become victims of their power games. Hungry, they defend them. They chose to remain hungry as long as they massage their ego that their kinsmen are in charge. 2023, we invoke the power of God to stop these nonesense and send them to abiss. Saraaaaa
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2022
That's cool
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Jostoman: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2022
2023 is the time.
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Omooba77: 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jostoman:
2023 is the time.

Are Youth ready, Lalasticlala?.......

1 Like

Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
Nigerians needed that push to take charge of their future going downhill..... APC was that push of realization.
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Jostoman: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Omooba77:

Are Youth ready, Lalasticlala?.......
they are ready
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Mystic216: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Yes oo
Buhari opened our eyes
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by googlepikins: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
Agbado bastards won't like this

Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by XerXers: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
A subtle endorsement of Peter Obi
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2022
Jostoman:
they are ready

Not sure.....
Re: I’m Thrilled Nigerian Youths Are Participating In 2023 Politics — Jonathan by PandoraObi: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Seun Respect Yourself and do the needful! / Who Will Answer This Question? / Atiku, Wike In Court Over Legality Of PDP Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.