Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Traffic On The Third Mainland. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Traffic On The Third Mainland. (4849 Views)

Traffic On Abuja-keffi Road In Nyanya Today 25/02/15 ( Photo) / Tragic Accident On Third-mainland Bridge In Lagos / Photos: Volkswagen Passat Wagon ₦ 850,000 (negotiable) Lagos Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Totfulguy: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
Is there a single explanation for the traffic situation the Third mainland bridge in Lagos. I am having in mind the situation in which on certain days of the week (Mondays and Wednesdays morning) you find terrible traffic on the bridge when you are bound for the Island and on other days you have a smoothe uninterrupted ride on the the same bridge. The same applies to outbound traffic as well.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by laj1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
ise awon aje niyen now.u know they live inside the water and u people are disturbing them now.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by lafile(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

ise awon aje niyen now.u know they live inside the water and u people are disturbing them now.

grin grin grin grin Cant help laffing. Almost choked.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by 27naira(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
on mondays and wednesdays, most banks obligate there staff to be in the office by 7am.
Naturally, you should expect some kind of peculiar rush during these days given the fact that alot of banks maintain there offices in the island. you can either take a boat or swim. Infact, i swim to office on wednesdays and mondays.  grin
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by westexx: 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
I dey laff ooooooooooooooooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by tboy1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
Everyone drives and no other means of transportation to get to the island from mainland
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by KMVBO(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
Aaaaaaajjjjjeeeee ni
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by fredoooooo: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2011
many cars on the raod , unnecessary bus stop on the bridge,thousands of bad drivers, thousands of bad cars on the road etc
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Sicherheit(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
Aren't those days Market days? Maybe that's the explanation. undecided
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by atasteve: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
Personally I don't know because when you get to Adeniji or Obalende bridge then you discovered that nothing caused the traffic.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by effizy123(m): 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
This topic is spot on. On the out-bound from VI to mainland, the major cause of the traffic is the bus-stops particularly Iyana Oworo. Government should remove that bus-stop.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Koolking(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2011
You ae
l.a.j:

you are kidding, right!
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Koolking(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
27naira:

on mondays and wednesdays, most banks obligate there staff to be in the office by 7am.
Naturally, you should expect some kind of peculiar rush during these days given the fact that alot of banks maintain there offices in the island. you can either take a boat or swim. Infact, i swim to office on wednesdays and mondays.  grin

shocked smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyLMAO
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by cinzo: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2011
WITCHES AND WIZARDS CONGREGATE ON MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS ON THAT ROAD.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Ayoobscom(m): 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
Those cripple molue stopping at Iyanaworo to drop or pick passengers is the cause

the hold up shuld be reckoned as blessing rather than delay for it prevent accidental speeds

what do u think?
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by baslone: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is pure madnesssss!!!! What a statement!!!
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by laj1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2011
(This is pure madnesssss!!!! What a statement!!!)

baslone or wat do u called urself.please adjust.ok
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by omaojo1: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

Oga you wicked no small.

You want send people go their grave b4 their time with laugh abi?

@poster, it is still the unpredictable nature of lagos traffic plus the number of vehicles that use 3rd mlb.

It could be any day.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by pepperoni(f): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

lmfgdao! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by maxtop(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
Ask google , shocked
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by charlie193: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
@Poster

Nice topic, for the past 3 years now, I have been trying to known the cause of the traffic on the bridge on Monday & wednesday morning and most evenings. You are welcome to the research of getting to know the cause of this problem. Because that is the only way to get the solution.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by guente02(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2011
maxtop:

Ask google , shocked
e jor put ur brain + sense on, 4 ya sake
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

You on point
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by DaDoctor: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^OP YOU JNOW THE ANSWER NA!!!!!^^

LET ME REMIND U;

THOSE DAYS ARE FOR THE WITCHES AND WIZARDS REGIONAL MEETING ON THAT SAME GO-SLOW SPOT.

LOL!!!!
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by baslone: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

(This is pure madnesssss!!!! What a statement!!!)

baslone or wat do u called urself.please adjust.ok

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by nigerhead(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
l.a.j:

LWKMD!!!

, grin grin grin at the risk of repeating the same thing; this is the funniest thing I've read all day. Almost threw out the garri in my mouth.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by lond07: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
This thread is very funny.

I got all the jokes

But some pple dey too serious and missing the fun

I beg, lol, take life easy oooh
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by lastpage: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
@l.a.j

Some people are taking this as a "laughing matter" but seriously, l have spent the whole evening/night (6:30pm - 3am) on that Bridge only to get to the end and Find Nothing! Yes, no accident, no roll-over and no fighting!!

Not until l put on my "wonder Googles" and it happened to be a Wednesday! Wetin l see, my mouth no fit talk am!

Come see "awon emere ati Ajee Igbo Irunmole" that were erecting useless barricade (yea, invisible barricade! wink ) right in the middl of 3rd Mainland!

Right now, fashola is consulting on how they would shift their meeting days to Sundays (less people on the bridge) or avail of the "free rent multi-storey Plaza that would be built for their exclusive use", along the Lagos -Benin- Oore axis"

The thing is, this wicked trouble-makers insist they have right of way on that bridge and that the bridge should not have been built in that area, in the first place! I even hear them complain that they only "calmed down" because Molue's have been banned on that bridge, their noise use o be a source of headache (you know, when the conductor uses that iron to slam on the iron body of the Molue and then shouts "Gbo'rieee"!) for their little ones! That matter is still in court as we speak.

As for me, l have learnt to pour some "Ogogoro" on that bridge anytime l pass and its always been smooth sailing but as it is, the dangerous creatures seem to be getting used to Ogogoro and are beginning to get drunk and misbehave!

Guinness may be a better alternative for those of you that want to get home early and have a smooth ride to work!

By the way, dont share this information with anyone as we cant afford everyone pouring inflammable liquid like Ogogoro, into the Lagoon, at the same time, that would mean "top speed" for every one! And that itself can cause accidents!

(Pours more Ogogoro and spends ten minutes to get to Lagos Toll gate!)
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by baby4u2(f): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2011
totally not yoruba. Can you interpret
l.a.j:

ise awon aje niyen now.

Thanks
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Roland17(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2011
The 3rd mainland bridge is the most popular access to the Island, and the island is not a just a residential area, it has got so many companies, thus the volume of vehicle commuting through the 3rd mainland bridge would remain enormous.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by femmy2010(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2011
The major cause of the heavy traffic is "impatience" on the part of drivers.
Re: Traffic On The Third Mainland. by Totfulguy: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
@All:  This tread is getting interesting. I am not a Yoruba user, but what I can glean from the response to the post by L.A.J is that there is a 'spiritual' nay nocturnal underpinning to the traffic on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. That is very interesting! It would seem that every phonomenon in this part of the world has a 'spiritual' or rather 'spiritistic' or 'witchy' explanation. That is the bane of our civilization. This attitute has implications on our collective consciuosness and also affects our reality. It is rather sorry that a trend like the traffic on the Third Mainland Bridge, that should otherwise be the subject of serious discuss in academic and enlightened social circles is left to the realms of spiritual innuendos, emotional quips and explanation. It is the same spirit-inspired psyche that explains why accidents, armed robbery attacks, exam failures, power failure, looting of the national treasury, violation and child abuse are given spiritual explanantions. Thus when an accident occurs, it is not a drunk driver but an old woman in the village, a witch, that caused it. When a child or anyone for that matter fails an exam it is not a lack of preparation but a neighbour who does not want his progress. When our treasury is looted the witches and spirits are responsible not the looter (and the looting spirits discriminate because they never come my way).

One wonders when we will start taking control of our lifes and wrest them from the hands of faceless witches, demons and spirits, for until then we will keep finding ourselves in the cul-de-sac of underdevelopment that we are. One of the poster suggested that the spirits are angry because of their loss of accomodation arising from the Attention of the bridge. Nothing could be more humourous. That statement suggests that the spirits in this water lost their home and obviously could not find an alternative accomodation and so create the traffic situation that we see on the bridge. This will imply that the spirits do not have the adaptability or knowhow to find alternative accomodation. Such untested and baseless assumption is nothing short of native intelligence.

Recently, the Chinese government unveiled the world longest bridge over water, the Jiaozhou Bay Bridge (Pictures attached) this bridge is known to be earthquake and typhoon proof. With the sheer size and length of this bridge, one wonders how many Chinese spirits, witches and demons were rendered homeless and had to relocate. Am saying they relocated because there is no hold up on that bridge that is reputed to have the capacity to carry 30,000 vehicles at a go. Is it possible that the Chinese witches and spirits are smarter than their Nigerian counterparts? Could that be why we also open our borders to the Chinese to bring in their substandard goods because their people are smarter than we are? It probably also explains why they are in a hurry to develop their country while we are sitting back and seeking spiritistic explanations for our failings. it is also why our government looks away as Chinese companies subject Nigerians to dehumanizing working conditions. It appears too that the witches are responsible for the potholes on our roads and the blackouts that we experience on a daily basis; Witches are possibly responsible for the poor governance that has been our portion in this country.

My take on this spirit and witch psyche that we have all embraced as a nation (which I reject) is that until we begin to explain our failings,problems,ineptitude and poor judgement from ourselves before pointing fingers at non-existent courses, solution will forever elude us.

NB: Pls pardon any grammatikal, typografical or spelling error(s) that you may have seen in the post. They were not the work of spirits or witches. The erros are mine and I will correct them myself because I know better than attribute them to someone else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Day 11 Unlocked My Radio Code In A Few Seconds / SOLD OUT Rav4 Upgraded To 2016 In Ibadan @6.5m 08088525399 / Direct Belgium Peugeot 206.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.