Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. (2154 Views)

See How I Caught This Cheap Scammer On Facebook (photos) / Beware: Awawa Boys Are Back With FULL FORCE And You May Be Their Next Victim / How A Chinese Businesman Identified A Nigerian Scammer On Facebook Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2022
This is my experience with Maduka Promise Umeh

15 July, 2022 - 26 July, 2022
I needed a 300w solar panel. I saw his listing on Jiji and contacted him and he said 45k and waybill was going to be 1k. So, I sent him 46k.
After about 10 days, the panel arrived. I paid 3k waybill and collected it.

Immediate, I noticed that the panel was not 300w (actually 199w but a sticker was made and papered over the original 199w). Immediately drew his attention to it. I also had to confirmed from my other 300w panels.

28 July 2022
I sent back the panel to him and paid 3k again for another waybill.

4 August, 2022
After much excuses and up and downs, he said he had collected the panel the logistic company. Now, I was expecting a replacement. There was none.

I demanded for a refund and sent him my account details. He promised to. Then he stopped answering my calls or responding to my messages.

After several calls and no answer, I resorted to using other numbers to call him which he would immediate pick. Along the line, he made a statement that the place he bought the panel from, they do not want to give refunds, that he is trying to get them to refund but they do not want to.
I told him that I bought the panel from him and not anyone else. He advertised the product not the company, that I sent him money not any company and it is him I am going to hold. He said that he will have to refund the money to me.

17 August, 2022 - 1 September, 2022
After asking me to drop my account details for refunds, then he made excuses of Zenith Bank network problem. I sent him my zenith bank and he promised to send the money. Then he stopped picking my calls.

Then I informed the person who had given me the money for the panel who began speaking with him. As he did with me before, he will say something that he does not intend to do. He said he travel to the village for his gramma burial and will return to Lagos and then return the money (as if staying in his village prevent him from transferring someone's money).

This is just a summary my experience with him. I have bought several things from different people online - Jiji, Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram. I let my guard down, at the least, I should have made a video call and demand to have his Facebook profile before any transaction.

One thing I have noticed about him is that when you speak with him, he will sound nice, reasonable and you would want to give him the benefit of a doubt. But give it sufficient time, you will see his true color. He is a very shifty character.

Buyer's Review on Jiji
After my experience on the purchase, I left a review on his page on jiji. He deleted the review so that other buyers will not see it.

1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 10:46am On Sep 01, 2022
this is the link to his jiji page

https://jiji. ng/sellerpage-7958400

I also noticed that immediately after I sent him the money, his number I had used to contact him on jiji had changed

https://youtube.com/shorts/Pz6APiiUVoQ?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UwME9IugHY

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by obilolo9ja: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Hmm
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Thanks for the information.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by fman(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2022
The mistake u made was to return the goods. U for manage am.
I was expecting that he didn't send the goods in the first place.
But he did and you returned it.
Fear business men
Refunding is a problem in business.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2022
fman:
The mistake u made was to return the goods. U for manage am.
I was expecting that he didn't send the goods in the first place.
But he did and you returned it.
Fear business men
Refunding is a problem in business.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by fman(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2022
Jennifer663:
I guess u saw my mention?
That's the best advice u av gotten.
Always think Outside the box
Everything no b quarrel ok?
I guess u r educated?
Make use of it
And the skies will b ur starting point.
Happy new month
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 10:57am On Sep 01, 2022
fman:

I guess u saw my mention?
That's the best advice u av gotten.
Always think Outside the box
Everything no b quarrel ok?
I guess u r educated?
Make use of it
And the skies will b ur starting point.
Happy new month
sure
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Yukov(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2022
This is what they are known for. An average business man from that side is a potential fraudster.
The other day, I bought a new refrigerator from one of them. This is not online but in a shop. Immediately I got home, noticed a fault. I was told to repair it with my own money, something I bought new cry
Since then, I have vowed never to have any business transaction with them.
Buy Condom from them, you are on your own be that grin.
From fake product to fake news.
I spit on their Heads

11 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Maforgreats(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2022
Mistake u made was in returning it. But the price u paid, is that the normal price for the 300w panel, or it was cheaper than it and u wanted to give it a try, I knw nothing about these solar materials
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2022
Maforgreats:
Mistake u made was in returning it. But the price u paid, is that the normal price for the 300w panel, or it was cheaper than it and u wanted to give it a try, I knw nothing about these solar materials

It was price for fairly used. Beside, panels were really cheap then before the dollar escalated it. New 300w was for around 60k then. Now it's about 80k to 90k depending where you buy it.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Ibechris2: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
engreddy:

I needed a 300w solar panel. I saw his listing on Jiji and contacted him and he said 45k and waybill was going to be 1k. So, I sent him 46k.

Immediate, I noticed that the panel was not 300w (actually 199w but a sticker was made and papered over the original 199w). Immediately drew his attention to it. I also had to confirmed from my other 300w panels.

28 July 2022

4 August, 2022
After much excuses and up and downs, he said he had collected the panel the logistic company. Now, I was expecting a replacement. There was none.

I demanded for a refund and sent him my account details. He promised to. Then he stopped answering my calls or responding to my messages.

After several calls and no answer, I resorted to using other numbers to call him which he would immediate pick. Along the line, he made a statement that the place he bought the panel from, they do not want to give refunds, that he is trying to get them to refund but they do not want to.
I told him that I bought the panel from him and not anyone else. He advertised the product not the company, that I sent him money not any company and it is him I am going to hold. He said that he will have to refund the money to me.

After asking me to drop my account details for refunds, then he made excuses of Zenith Bank network problem. I sent him my zenith bank and he promised to send the money. Then he stopped picking my calls.

Then I informed the person who had given me the money for the panel who began speaking with him. As he did with me before, he will say something that he does not intend to do. He said he travel to the village for his gramma burial and will return to Lagos and then return the money (as if staying in his village prevent him from transferring someone's money).

This is just a summary my experience with him. I have bought several things from different people online - Jiji, Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram. I let my guard down, at the least, I should have made a video call and demand to have his Facebook profile before any transaction.

One thing I have noticed about him is that when you speak with him, he will sound nice, reasonable and you would want to give him the benefit of a doubt. But give it sufficient time, you will see his true color. He is a very shifty character.

Buyer's Review on Jiji
After my experience on the purchase, I left a review on his page on jiji. He deleted the review so that other buyers will not see it.

Go to the bank and make a report about his account...u guys are the ones indirectly helping them to scam people.

U bought something from him and he scammed u nothing more.
His account would be pinned down with immediate alacrity.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by MrBachelor: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Why don't you just report the case to the police?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Moneyboyz: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
I've been scammed by Igbo traders a lot if times I learnt my lesson, what I do now is to search for companies offering that service and patronise them, if you don't you will spend double the money with these Igbo people.

I bought my 4.5kva generator brand new from Termocool and haven't had any service done to it for 7 months now, same with my freezer etc.

Next time find solar energy companies and go there for the best offers.
Don't buy from jumia etc they are same traders with shops on jumia.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by baralatie(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jennifer663:
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by baralatie(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I've been scammed by Igbo traders a lot if times I learnt my lesson, what I do now is to search for companies offering that service and patronise them, if you don't you will spend double the money with these Igbo people.

I bought my 4.5kva generator brand new from Termocool and haven't had any service done to it for 7 months now, same with my freezer etc.

Next time find solar energy companies and go there for the best offers.
Don't buy from jumia etc they are same traders with shops on jumia.
Okay
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Nonsoco80(m): 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
engreddy:

I agree. Very big mistake. In my experience, refunding is a problem for igbo business men. I have had dealing with yoruba and hausa before, they refund but igbos, have had to involve police for refunds.
crime did not know any tribe. You for no buy from him since he is igbo
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by VKN23: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
Seems the highlight of the thread is the fact that he is Igboundecided
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by GeneralPula: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
VKN23:
Seems the highlight of the thread is the fact that he is Igboundecided

No. The highlight of the thread is the fact that the Igbo is a scammer..

Don’t patronize him or else you’ll get scammed..

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by starpower(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
engreddy:

28 July 2022

4 August, 2022

Buyer's Review on Jiji
If you yourself don't want to be scammed, who will sell panel 300W at that price. Only sticker panel.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by engreddy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
starpower:
If you yourself don't want to be scammed, who will sell panel 300W at that price. Only sticker panel.

I'm only responding to this just for educational purposes. Early this year, before dollars went so high, brand 300w panel was around 60k and farely used was 35k. By the time I was about to buy, it was 45k. Now, new 300w is about 80k to 90k depending where you buy it.

So I had realistic expectations about the cost of the panel. I just happen to fall into the wrong hands.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by jedisco(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Shamefully bigots have turned it to an anti-Igbo matter. What stops you from buying items from your trustworthy tribesmen?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
Nigeria its self na scam
Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
Yukov:
This is what they are known for. An average business man from that side is a potential fraudster.
The other day, I bought a new refrigerator from one of them. This is not online but in a shop. Immediately I got home, noticed a fault. I was told to repair it with my own money, something I bought new cry
Since then, I have vowed never to have any business transaction with them.
Buy Condom from them, you are on your own be that grin.
From fake product to fake news.
I spit on their Heads

I agree totally with you. In the present-day Nigeria, anybody that buys anything valuable online without meeting the seller or vendor in his/her store is daft & stupid. I meant no offense.

The problem is, some people (especially those conscienceless, money-worshipping people from that region where they kill their parents because of money) are inherently callous & evil.

I keep telling people that these people were either bathed with evil water from birth or the soil & water of that their region is cursed.

How can you scam people intentionally and still be able to sleep at night? Your fellow citizens for that matter?

Go to any where in the world - home & abroad where you can find them, that their ugly attitude is the same.

I’m yet to see anybody from that region with integrity. I am not joking.

Go to Ladipo Market, you’ll experience the same thing.

Go to Alaba Market, you’ll experience the same thing.

Go to Katangowa Market, you’ll experience the same thing.

What pisses me off is the way their fellow traders gather in defense of their stupid thief of a trader as soon as any problem arises.

They know that their fellow trader is dishonest and the one at fault but they will start telling you to calm down, take it easy, no be him fault. I so much hate these people.

Majority of those adverts you see on Jiji and even on Nairaland Auto Section are scams.

If you want to buy anything from anybody, ask for their address, go to their store and deal.

If you notice any foul play, don’t argue with any one of them, go and get soldiers or report to an Area Commander (don’t just go to meet any low-ranking police officer as they will connive with those bastards).

Insist on your refund and not any stupid replacement including the additional money they made you wasted.

Dem never born their papa well make dem no pay you. Just tell them you want the case charged to court.

Yes, it would cost you additional expenses, time & energy but at the end, you would be satisfied & get what you want.

All of them are inherently callous, deceptive & evil. I swear to Sango.

Even if you meet any one of them that is acting all nice & caring. Don’t ever loose your guard. He’s only preparing the ground work for his impending kill.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Angrygoat: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
Unless u buy direct from abroad. Nothing is real.i was totally shocked to see igbo guys respraying alloys,repairing and respraying to tokunbor standard. Naija used.we repacked Condemned parts as tokunbor..... if u see these alloys,u will swear its tokunbor. Both chrome and aluminium. I shake my head. Something wey dem suppose don crush. Na why ppl tyre dey burst,get accident....sorry u got scammed on jiji. If u can't go there direct. Pls avoid such. Highest pay logistics money to someone in lag make him self Confirm am carry multimeter read volts. Everyone na scam. I deh fear igbo ...dem be thief.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. by Bigfish121(m): 3:10am On Sep 02, 2022
I thought I am the only one that don't trust all these Igbo guys in doing business. That was how I gave one of them an item to waybill for me in jabi here in Abuja.

He told me that the item has gotten to the destination and even gave me the drivers number which was switched off.

low and behold when I did my findings,I discovered that the driver's number he gave me was actually his number.I had not choice but to use force to collect the item.very pathetic.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

The 3 UNIPORT Students Murdered In Cold Blood Did Not Steal Phones Or Laptops / Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun(graphic Photos) / Every Lady Should Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.