Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? (460 Views)

Mum Says She Showers In Front Of Teenage Daughter To Normalise Bodies / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Testiebobo(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
Am a kind of a person that does not know how to hide my feelings, especially when am hurt. But my mom on the other side takes every little so serious, and she is a kind of person that is professional in lashing insults on anyone. And anytime i try to proff her wrong she will say" YOU ARE SO PROUD AND ARROGANT", and these words gives me alot of headache. Pls i need your advises on what to do next time she repeat those words
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Gloriagee(f): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Are you proud and arrogant?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by LordIsaac(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
My dad has said that to me before. But I was not disturbed because I did an introspection of my personality, and I understood that he didn't just understand me. Just be sure she's not saying the truth and you are ok.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Testiebobo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2022
No, i just love saying the facts
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Nebes: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Testiebobo:
No, i just love saying the facts

Try saving your facts for outsiders.
No need arguing with your parents. You must not agree with them but don't engage in altercations.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Rach310(f): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
I try not to get into an argument with her,once we are having a conversation and I notice it's getting to the point where one person gets angered I stop talking and that ends the discussion.Cause honestly I feel bad when she makes that statement,a part of me feels she's right.
It's been a long time she said that anyway.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Richy4(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
Testiebobo:
Am a kind of a person that does not know how to hide my feelings, especially when am hurt. But my mom on the other side takes every little so serious, and she is a kind of person that is professional in lashing insults on anyone. And anytime i try to proff her wrong she will say" YOU ARE SO PROUD AND ARROGANT", and these words gives me alot of headache. Pls i need your advises on what to do next time she repeat those words

Rach310:
I try not to get into an argument with her,once we are having a conversation and I notice it's getting to the point where one person gets angered I stop talking and that ends the discussion.Cause honestly I feel bad when she makes that statement,a part of me feels she's right.
It's been a long time she said that anyway.

Are you dishing out your male and female Nairaland accounts accidently or what? cheesy... Why not stick with one to avoid confusion from the readers part?

Anyways, Being Opinionated Is Not a Bad Thing. if You Know How To Be. It's okay to be opinionated. if you have good research and listening skills, know how to express your arguments tactfully and elegantly, and know when to keep your peace.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Testiebobo:

1 usually people who are arrogant dont even know that there are so you might be

2 old generation usually dont want to be corrected by someone young hence the label you such

3 old generation want to be obayed all the time, dont give you time to express yourself

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Lamanii22(f): 12:01am On Sep 02, 2022
My mom used to say that to me when I was younger…
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by Ibechris2: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2022
If u live with an African parents,ur freedom is cut short.

Their mouths will put u off balance...they can never spare u,until u leave that house finally.

Just keep growing till the day u will leave.

As Africans,it is assumed that our parents cannot be faulted...no matter their mistakes,they are always right.

Wetin again we wan do?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Mum Says You Are Proud And Arrogant? by myyansh68(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2023
Leos are arrogant as fuvk.

7 Likes

(1) (Reply)

/ My Money Left Hanging In The Air After POS Transfer. / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.