Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) (44059 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu Over 'We Inherited Speaking In Tongues' Comment (Video / Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible / Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by samuelson06(m): 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
joeseflopez:
I still remain OBIdient and YUSful in the grand scheme of things !

Get this amazing zealottt speaker with amazing bass, long hours of playtime, 60w capacity, sleek aesthetics.

Best Zealottt Speaker of the Year

One year warranty

Call or whatsapp

Pay on delivery Nationwide

Why not put the price at once?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

Reread my previous post. I also posed a challenge.

Whichever interpretation you use is faulty. I have explained this sufficiently in my previous posts. Read them. If possible, attempt the challenge I posed

When you have ‘Confusion of Tongues’ which you prefer to use, are the people not speaking in different tongues?…..which is in fact the narrative he was giving. Hwvr, you choose to confuse the phrase with the “jabajababrrrrjajibi” of some Christians churches.
This is not what the narrative is about. End of story!!
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by orisa37: 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
TRYING TO CAJOLE A NIGERIAN CATHOLIC APOSTLE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
FATHER FORGIVE HIM FOR HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS SAYING.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
shinealight:

When you have ‘Confusion of Tongues’ which you prefer to use, are the people not speaking in different tongues?…..which is in fact the narrative he was giving. Hwvr, you choose to confuse the phrase with the “jabajababrrrrjajibi” of some Christians churches.
This is not what the narrative is about. End of story!!

I have repeated this more than 1000 times. SPEAKING IN TONGUES is not CONFUSION OF TONGUES.

I challenge you to show me any reputable source that traces the etymology of "SPEAKING in TONGUES" to the Tower of Babel. I challenge you!
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

Tinubu doesn't grant interviews cos he's full of shit. Nothing upstairs

"We Inherited Speaking In Tongues from the Bible" has 2 interpretations and both are blasphemous.

INTERPRETATION ONE... (Acts 2)

Using this interpretation, Tinubu is saying we "Inherited" God's gift from the Bible. Speaking in Tongues is a gift, not an inheritance. It's a gift granted by the HOLY SPIRIT to speak languages the speaker DID NOT PREVIOUSLY KNOW. It's not Inherited, but gifted by the Holy Spirit.

(WRONG) INTERPRETATION TWO.. (Tower of Babel Genesis 11:1 - 9 )

This interpretation is even more blasphemous. Tower of Babel is a symbol of disunity. The confusion and disunity God afflicted them was punishment for their act of rebellion and arrogance. In other words, the story of Babel explains how /why we had different languages leading to confusion and tribalism and eventually disunity. So saying we inherited it from the Bible would mean we inherited our current disunity from the Bible.

So those linking what Tinubu said to the Tower of Babel should have a rethink.

WHY INTERPRETATION TWO IS WRONG...

Speaking In Tongues means "Gift of Tongues". In English, there's a term called 'collocation'. Collocation, according to Wikipedia "refers to a natural (predictable) combination of words that are closely affiliated with each other."
Speaking in Tongues has no affiliation with the Tower of Babel disunity. This is why if you trace the origin of 'speaking in Tongues', you won't see the story of Babel.

So my advice is that Tinubu should learn how to speak coherently before he inadvertently blaspheme against Islam. We know what would happen next.
Your reasoning is astute.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

I have repeated this more than 1000 times. SPEAKING IN TONGUES is not CONFUSION OF TONGUES.

I challenge you to show me any reputable source that traces the etymology of "SPEAKING in TONGUES" to the Tower of Babel. I challenge you!

This is nothing but semantics! You hold on rigidly to words and fail to see the import and wisdom embedded in the narrative.
I’m afraid the problem is with you…..was he writing a thesis for a degree where the choice of words will be so critical?
Consider that Christ taught His Disciples in Parables….Nothing was written down but stories they can picture and cannot easily forget.
Hwvr, modern man relies solely on his intellect and holds on rigidly to certain use of words and thereby misses the point altogether!
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by pquaver(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Owopariola001:
Was he wrong?

Is there any other historical book with a history that has an earlier timeline of speaking in different tongues other than the Bible?

And by the way, his statement is about the story of "The Tower of Babel."

I wonder how y'all claimed to be "Christians" but ignorance, hatred, and bias made you forget your Book of Genesis 11:1–9

It is also a shame that many people don't even know that "Tongue" can be used synonymously as "Language."

If you can't use your brain, the joke is on you.

No dey worry urself. Like leader like supporters.. 3rd class people can't understand the things of the elites. The man made a speech that is not understable to people with low Iq and low English proficiency.. This the reason UK us etc tell Nigerians to write toefl 1/4 no dey understand above B2 level in Europe framework for languages

2 Likes

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 12:08am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

This is nothing but semantics! You hold on rigidly to words and fail to see the import and wisdom embedded in the narrative.
I’m afraid the problem is with you…..was he writing a thesis for a degree where the choice of words will be so critical?
Consider that Christ taught His Disciples in Parables….Nothing was written down but stories they can picture and cannot easily forget.
Hwvr, modern man relies solely on his intellect and holds on rigidly to certain use of words and thereby misses the point altogether!

I am not being strict bro. I am simply being honest. Tinubu might blaspheme mistakenly against Islam one day with his utterances.

Tinubu goofed and should be corrected. I suspect he did that intentionally. Was he not the one that hired fake bishops ? And his Muslim-Muslim ticket? That's why people are talking. The intention is what we don't know. Could be a harmless mistake. Could be intentional. If not for the fake bishops saga, people would have ignored the goof
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 12:20am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

I am not being strict bro. I am simply being honest. Tinubu might blaspheme mistakenly against Islam one day with his utterances.

Tinubu goofed and should be corrected. I suspect he did that intentionally. Was he not the one that hired fake bishops ? And his Muslim-Muslim ticket? That's why people are talking. The intention is what we don't know. Could be a harmless mistake. Could be intentional. If not for the fake bishops saga, people would have ignored the goof

If in his 70 years he has not yet goofed against Islam, then it’s safe to say Worry Not! President Joe Biden used to be called a gaff machine but he hasn’t brought the house down so far…..fingers crossed! So, we may give Jagaban the benefit of doubt too!grin grin
As for trying to provoke people intentionally, this is unlikely….he’s too smart for that….considering the furore that the Muslim-Muslim ticket has generated. I believe he was actually trying to give some credit to the Christian Bible with the reference in the narrative. My view only!!
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 12:24am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

If in his 70 years he has not yet goofed against Islam, then it’s safe to say Worry Not! President Joe Biden used to be called a gaff machine but he hasn’t brought the house down so far…..fingers crossed! So, we may give Jagaban the benefit of doubt too!grin grin
As for trying to provoke people intentionally, this is unlikely….he’s too smart for that….considering the furore that the Muslim-Muslim ticket has generated. I believe he was actually trying to give some credit to the Christian Bible with the reference in the narrative. My view only!!

You could be right that he didn't do it intentionally. But would Christians feel that way, especially after the fake bishops saga and the infamous Muslim-Muslim ticket?

Anyway, I have no issues with that personally. Just felt like correcting those who argued that he was right. My point is he isn't. Whether he did it intentionally or not is his business
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 12:25am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

This is what you and your kind say after failing to understand and comprehend basic English words and context.

Do you people even know the meaning of blasphemy?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

This is what you and your kind say after failing to understand and comprehend basic English words and context.

Do you people even know the meaning of blasphemy?

I have challenged you to show me any source that traces Speaking In Tongues to Tower of Babel. But none has been able to show me any.

What happened at Babel is Confusion of Tongues. "Speaking in Tongues" in biblical context means "Gift of Tongues". Trace its origin, still "Gift of Tongues". No reputable source would link you to Babel.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

I have challenged you to show me any source that traces Speaking In Tongues to Tower of Babel. But none has been able to show me any.

What happened at Babel is Confusion of Tongues. "Speaking in Tongues" in biblical context means "Gift of Tongues". Trace its origin, still "Gift of Tongues". No reputable source would link you to Babel.

Not interested in your rubbish and poor understanding of the subject matter, what was said and the context.

Many of you sound like trolls just yapping to hear yourself yapping, this is getting too appalling and embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 12:59am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Not interested in your rubbish and poor understanding of the subject matter, what was said and the context.

Many of you sound like trolls just yapping to hear yourself yapping, this is getting too appalling and embarrassing.

This is my problem with you people. You attack the messenger instead of the message.

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 1:10am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

This is my problem with you people. You attack the messenger instead of the message.

Though tongues and tribes may differ but in brotherhood, we stand

- Asiwaju Bola Tinubu at Bishop's Kukah 70th birthday

This is my problem with you and your kind, the inability to contextualize words and statements, to logically understand and transcribe basic words.

Your rubbish has nothing to do with what the man said and the point he made with his words.

Go and sit down with your ignorance and poor cognitive skills.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 1:15am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

This is my problem with you and your kind, the inability to contextualize words and statements, to logically understand and transcribe basic words.

Your rubbish has nothing to do with what the man said and the point he made with his words.

Go and sit down with your ignorance and poor cognitive skills.

@screenshots note the "speak in a language not known to the speaker"

And from the etymology, we see clearly that "Speaking in Tongues" is used as a biblical collocation to mean "Gift of Tongues". This has and will continue to be the context. Nowhere is Tower of Babel mentioned.

If you still insist that it means Babel, show me one reputable source that traced "Speaking in Tongues" to the Tower of Babel.

I have shown you some that confined "Speaking in Tongues" within "Gift of Tongues" as far as biblical context is concerned.

See screenshots

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 1:30am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

@screenshots note the "speak in a language not known to the speaker"

And from the etymology, we see clearly that "Speaking in Tongues" is used as a biblical collocation to mean "Gift of Tongues". This has and will continue to be the context. Nowhere is Tower of Babel mentioned.

If you still insist that it means Babel, show me one reputable source that traced "Speaking in Tongues" to the Tower of Babel.

I have shown you some that confined "Speaking in Tongues" within "Gift of Tongues" as far as biblical context is concerned.

See screenshots

Though tongues and tribes may differ but in brotherhood, we stand

Still not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent nonsense.

I know togetherness and brotherhood are foreign to you Igbos and that's why you are all mad and upset like bingo.

Fake Christians.. grin
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 1:44am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Still not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent nonsense.

I know togetherness and brotherhood are foreign to you Igbos and that's why you are all mad and upset like bingo.

Fake Christians.. grin

That's my problem with you. Ignore important things and attack the messenger. It's well. Stay blessed.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 2:10am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

That's my problem with you. Ignore important things and attack the messenger. It's well. Stay blessed.

Though tongues and tribes may differ in brotherhood, we stand

Pay attention to the message and stop attacking the messenger.

Learn a thing or two about love, togetherness and brotherhood, and stop bothering me with your petty and ignorant rubbish.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 2:13am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Pay attention to the message and stop attacking the messenger.

Learn a thing or two about love, togetherness and brotherhood, and stop bothering me with your petty and ignorant rubbish.

Bro, this discussion is beyond your level. Go and do your puerile bigotry with your types. I am beyond that.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 2:16am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Bro, this discussion is beyond your level. Go and do your puerile bigotry with your types. I am beyond that.

Though tongues and tribes may differ in brotherhood, we stand

Let this message sink into your shallow and low mentality skull.

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by cheerishMe: 2:32am On Sep 02, 2022
He was even lucky peter obi was not around and thats what gave him the courage to attend the birthday party and could go NBA own that is on his backyard
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by HIPROFILE(m): 4:37am On Sep 02, 2022
sonofthunder:

It's either folks are plain impatient to listen to him, hatred is clouding judgement, or people just lack intelligence to comprehend simple things.

Please listen to the video and tell me what he said that is wrong or you have a problem with.

Its a pledge that Nigeria am ready to serve its about service to this country we inherited speaking in toungs from the bible but our diversity is a promise for prosperity youre building an institution in the honour of your servant.

Bro you are a presidential candidate in this time in Nigeria you have been unavoidably absent for personal reasons in couple of occasions cum gatherings where Nigerians gather yearning to hear from you what you can do to better lives and governance if you become the president now you have an opportunity like this and this is what you would say to make Nigerians accept you, leave other candidates and vote for you?…. Brother fear God since you don't fear man and can not tell your self the truth be it bitter or sour.

This is part of the reason his supporters is left with nothing to market him with but only rely and or wait for peter Obi to say something and all of them will become fact checkers and voom start calling Obi lier but their candidate can not ever make any articulative and a constructive statement statement… Never!

You said too impatient bro you joke because from all I see in most cases when Asiwaju speaks is I see his direct listeners who are right there with him, feeling nauseated and uncomfortable that feeling that makes them be like this should just be over…please let this man not say much else we will be exposed! thats all I see bro.
Look at Shettima’s countenance also in one other video like that you could see Amaechi displaying same kinda feeling.

Well the main electioneering is coming soon I dont pray any bad happens to any of the candidates but you guys the supporters of Asiwaju should watch closely and take cautions and precautions.

This is no longer those years of lies and propaganda it does not work again.

Most thankful to the high spirits of the Obidients who have vehemently stampeded you all against your lies and propaganda keeping you in serious checks.

If you want us to vote you convince us your self come out and speak like other candidates are doing this is not emi lokan something Nigerians are wiser now and for your information bro if rigging is APC’s Option they should bid it farewell cos that aint gon be possible!

God bless us all.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by sonofthunder: 5:49am On Sep 02, 2022
HIPROFILE:

Its a pledge that Nigeria am ready to serve its about service to this country we inherited speaking in toungs from the bible but our diversity is a promise for prosperity youre building an institution in the honour of your servant.

Bro you are a presidential candidate in this time in Nigeria you have been unavoidably absent for personal reasons in couple of occasions cum gatherings where Nigerians gather yearning to hear from you what you can do to better lives and governance if you become the president now you have an opportunity like this and this is what you would say to make Nigerians accept you, leave other candidates and vote for you?…. Brother fear God since you don't fear man and can not tell your self the truth be it bitter or sour.

This is part of the reason his supporters is left with nothing to market him with but only rely and or wait for peter Obi to say something and all of them will become fact checkers and voom start calling Obi lier but their candidate can not ever make any articulative and a constructive statement statement… Never!

You said too impatient bro you joke because from all I see in most cases when Asiwaju speaks is I see his direct listeners who are right there with him, feeling nauseated and uncomfortable that feeling that makes them be like this should just be over…please let this man not say much else we will be exposed! thats all I see bro.
Look at Shettima’s countenance also in one other video like that you could see Amaechi displaying same kinda feeling.

Well the main electioneering is coming soon I dont pray any bad happens to any of the candidates but you guys the supporters of Asiwaju should watch closely and take cautions and precautions.

This is no longer those years of lies and propaganda it does not work again.

Most thankful to the high spirits of the Obidients who have vehemently stampeded you all against your lies and propaganda keeping you in serious checks.

If you want us to vote you convince us your self come out and speak like other candidates are doing this is not emi lokan something Nigerians are wiser now and for your information bro if rigging is APC’s Option they should bid it farewell cos that aint gon be possible!

God bless us all.

Baba you are just blowing over nothing.

Campaign has not started and the only thing legal at this moment is consultations and setting your team in order.

Let's stop getting emotional over nothing please. He isn't trying to convince you to vote for him. He didn't climb that podium to advocate for your votes.

There has been many climbs of Tinubu stating various ways of solving national challenges but hatred has made many of you deaf.

Atiku also gives his own ideologies. But Peter Obi barely ever proffers solution to anything. Just keeps talking about what everyone knows. No plan no ideas, just cheap tricks and play on emotions of the gullible.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by oyatz(m): 6:02am On Sep 02, 2022
Tinubu was 100% right.

Eventhough we inherited speaking in Tongues from the Bible . . .but our diversity should be a promise for prosperity
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by HIPROFILE(m): 6:22am On Sep 02, 2022
sonofthunder:

Baba you are just blowing over nothing.

Campaign has not started and the only thing legal at this moment is consultations and setting your team in order.

Let's stop getting emotional over nothing please. He isn't trying to convince you to vote for him. He didn't climb that podium to advocate for your votes.

There has been many climbs of Tinubu stating various ways of solving national challenges but hatred has made many of you deaf.

Atiku also gives his own ideologies. [b]But Peter Obi barely ever proffers solution to anything.[\b] Just keeps talking about what everyone knows. No plan no ideas, just cheap tricks and play on emotions of the gullible.

There you go bro you do not actually have understanding about where peter Obi is coming from.
I tell you for free if Peter Obi climbs any Podium and release his planned solution to a better governance and his preferred economic policies bro you and I will love him even more to want to vote nothing but Obi cos those are the things that would release the country from the shackles of this old greedy politicians hence the political elites would fight dirty on him not to become.

These crooks don't care to list all manner of palatable solutions just to turn your heads only to get the power and do whatever they like because they have no integrity. just like they promised 1USD to 1Naira,….You see am naa you see what it is today abi? bro make una no deh make person vex.

This na why una deh complain of Obidients say dem unruly why wont they be? see bro you can support your APC candidate but trying to defend or promote APC is so provoking hence the unruly attack on you straight up.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

You could be right that he didn't do it intentionally. But would Christians feel that way, especially after the fake bishops saga and the infamous Muslim-Muslim ticket?

Anyway, I have no issues with that personally. Just felt like correcting those who argued that he was right. My point is he isn't. Whether he did it intentionally or not is his business

What fake bishop saga? Has any of them been identified to be a motor park tout or bricklayer?
The one identified while shopping in Abuja was found to be a genuine Cleric. They may not be among those with large flocks like the Adeboyes or Bill Grahams of this world but they were pastoral Clerics following their Calling according to the dictates of their conscience…. albeit ‘unknown and unpopular’!
We should stop this habit of always trying to “give a dog a bad name in order to hang it”…it is myopic and cannot help build a united country from a multilingual, multicultural assemblage of diverse people(s) as we have in Nigeria!!
As for speaking in different or manifold tongues, is it not true that we indeed learnt of it through the “biblical allegories”?
Is the story of Tower of Babel not from the Bible? ….Or is it rendered in the Quran or Bhagavad Gita?
Nigeria alone has over two hundred languages and dialects, does the biblical allegory not lend credence to that narrative?
My only problem with the Jagaban is that…he needs to change his Speech-Writer(s) and at the same time his “Handlers” should ensure that he remains disciplined in sticking strictly to the script previously agreed to….particularly during public discourse as he tends to veer off the script. Many Leaders/Speakers have this problem as they often get carried away when they get on stage ….in the heat of the moment!! smiley
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2022
Owopariola001:
Was he wrong?

Is there any other historical book with a history that has an earlier timeline of speaking in different tongues other than the Bible?

And by the way, his statement is about the story of "The Tower of Babel."

I wonder how y'all claimed to be "Christians" but ignorance, hatred, and bias made you forget your Book of Genesis 11:1–9

It is also a shame that many people don't even know that "Tongue" can be used synonymously as "Language."

If you can't use your brain, the joke is on you.

You obviously do not know the meaning of the phrase SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Sunnyja: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2022
jrusky:
Pls all of you talking jargons like slowpoke is Tinubu ever a christain?

Pls where does speaking in tongue originated from? Because all of you are just talking nonsense.

As a christan go and answer question about qoran and let's see naa.

Useless brainless mofos who could not understand a complete Muslim will not be able to speak correctly about bible same way a christain can not answer correctly anything iin quran so what is the fuss shit?

Opened mouths like chiwawa dog barking anyhow.
Like Tinubu like his supporters. If you have no knowledge about a religious stuff while uttering nonsense. If you say certain things in Islam because you are not a Muslim it could be termed as blasphemy and you know the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

What fake bishop saga? Has any of them been identified to be a motor park tout or bricklayer?
The one identified while shopping in Abuja was found to be a genuine Cleric. They may not be among those with large flocks like the Adeboyes or Bill Grahams of this world but they were pastoral Clerics following their Calling according to the dictates of their conscience…. albeit ‘unknown and unpopular’!
We should stop this habit of always trying to “give a dog a bad name in order to hang it”…it is myopic and cannot help build a united country from a multilingual, multicultural assemblage of diverse people(s) as we have in Nigeria!!
As for speaking in different or manifold tongues, is it not true that we indeed learnt of it through the “biblical allegories”?
Is the story of Tower of Babel not from the Bible? ….Or is it rendered in the Quran or Bhagavad Gita?
Nigeria alone has over two hundred languages and dialects, does the biblical allegory not lend credence to that narrative?
My only problem with the Jagaban is that…he needs to change his Speech-Writer(s) and at the same time his “Handlers” should ensure that he remains disciplined in sticking strictly to the script previously agreed to….particularly during public discourse as he tends to veer off the script. Many Leaders/Speakers have this problem as they often get carried away when they get on stage ….in the heat of the moment!! smiley

Bro, kindly disprove my points with facts. I have given the differences between confusion of Tongues and speaking in Tongues and even challenged you guys to show me any reputable source that linked speaking in Tongues to the Tower of Babel. Unfortunately, none has been able. Instead, I get attacked and tagged ipob terrorist, though some admitted.

I have also explained why we should be mindful of terms we used and even went as far as explaining linguistic terms like "collocation" and "context". These are simple things that can be verified. You can either confirm or disprove.

Tinubu was heard clearly saying "Speaking in Tongues". Some tried to justify him using Speaking In Tongues of the New Testament. I explained why it isn't, some accepted, while some switched to "oh, he was referring to Babel ". I explained why it isn't with facts and even passed a challenge. None could disprove. So some admitted while some resorted to personal attack. You can go through my post history.

This is a simple matter really. We learn every day. We are telling you guys that, look, the collocation of Speaking in Tongues in biblical term isn't used to refer to Babel in any way. If you disagree, you can go to Google and search its etymology and usage. Also, if you are in a Christian gathering and you utter the phrase "Speaking in Tongues", no one will imagine Tower of Babel. That's why it's called collocation and context.

As for fake Bishop, I won't regurgitated previous explanations as even Muslims know they are fake. So what's the point? Waste my time?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Bro, kindly disprove my points with facts. I have given the differences between confusion of Tongues and speaking in Tongues and even challenged you guys to show me any reputable source that linked speaking in Tongues to the Tower of Babel. Unfortunately, none has been able. Instead, I get attacked and tagged ipob terrorist, though some admitted.

I have also explained why we should be mindful of terms we used and even went as far as explaining linguistic terms like "collocation" and "context". These are simple things that can be verified. You can either confirm or disprove.

Tinubu was heard clearly saying "Speaking in Tongues". Some tried to justify him using Speaking In Tongues of the New Testament. I explained why it isn't, some accepted, while some switched to "oh, he was referring to Babel ". I explained why it isn't with facts and even passed a challenge. None could disprove. So some admitted while some resorted to personal attack. You can go through my post history.

This is a simple matter really. We learn every day. We are telling you guys that, look, the collocation of Speaking in Tongues in biblical term isn't used to refer to Babel in any way. If you disagree, you can go to Google and search its etymology and usage. Also, if you are in a Christian gathering and you utter the phrase "Speaking in Tongues", no one will imagine Tower of Babel. That's why it's called collocation and context.

As for fake Bishop, I won't regurgitated previous explanations as even Muslims know they are fake. So what's the point? Waste my time?

Okay Mr Scripture Analyst …..if you say he was not referring to either of the two biblical events, what then was he referring to in your assessment….going by the “narrative” he gave before uttering those words?
Pls give us a clue…but don’t tell us “You Don’t Know” ….because you seem to know everything going on in Tinubu’s mind!! undecided undecided
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

Okay Mr Scripture Analyst …..if you say he was not referring to either of two biblical events, what then was he referring to in your assessment….going by the “narrative” he gave before uttering those words.
Pls give us a clue…but don’t tell us “You Don’t Know” ….because you seem to know everything going on in Tinubu’s mind!! undecided undecided

Bro, why are you dodging my challenge? I dare you to trace Tinubu's gaffe to any source.

You use Speaking in Tongues of acts, I have dismantled it and told you why it's blasphemous using it to defend Tinubu.

You use Tower of Babel, I told you why it's not even related with proof. And even if we agree for the sake of argument that it's related, then it'll be blasphemous as the symbol of Babel is confusion and disunity. That's why it's "Confusion of Tongues". But it isn't even related as linking Speaking in Tongues with Confusion of Tongues is in itself blasphemous because the Holy Spirit is the one responsible for gifting it. He doesn’t gift 'disunity'

So whichever way you look at it, Tinubu goofed. Most are now avoiding Babel after they read my point and tried to justify Speaking in Tongues of the New Testament. But even that, they can't defend as it's gifted, not Inherited. And the speakers speak in the language they don't understand. The language can be Heavenly understood only by God or human language, understood only by God and the owners of the language. However, the speakers themselves by definition would not understand what they're speaking.

This is a simple matter. You can also verify it. Have you seen anyone disprove my points citing any reputable source?

No. They're only insulting me and making wild claims that have no basis in scripture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Soldier Beats Up BRT Driver At Iyana Ipaja Today (photos) / Emmanuel Iwuanyawu's Younger Wife Is Pregnant (pics) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.