Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) (44063 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu Over 'We Inherited Speaking In Tongues' Comment (Video / Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible / Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by JimmySwaggart(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2022
Owopariola001:
Was he wrong?

Is there any other historical book with a history that has an earlier timeline of speaking in different tongues other than the Bible?

And by the way, his statement is about the story of "The Tower of Babel."

I wonder how y'all claimed to be "Christians" but ignorance, hatred, and bias made you forget your Book of Genesis 11:1–9

It is also a shame that many people don't even know that "Tongue" can be used synonymously as "Language."

If you can't use your brain, the joke is on you.
then why did he not say we inherited "different tongues" instead.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Bro, why are you dodging my challenge? I dare you to trace Tinubu's gaffe to any source.

You use Speaking in Tongues of acts, I have dismantled it and told you why it's blasphemous using it to defend Tinubu.

You use Tower of Babel, I told you why it's not even related with proof. And even if we agree for the sake of argument that it's related, then it'll be blasphemous as the symbol of Babel is confusion and disunity. That's why it's "Confusion of Tongues". But it isn't even related as linking Speaking in Tongues with Confusion of Tongues is in itself blasphemous because the Holy Spirit is the one responsible for gifting it. He doesn’t gift 'disunity'

So whichever way you look at it, Tinubu goofed. Most are now avoiding Babel after they read my point and tried to justify Speaking in Tongues of the New Testament. But even that, they can't defend as it's gifted, not Inherited. And the speakers speak in the language they don't understand. The language can be Heavenly understood only by God or human language, understood only by God and the owners of the language. However, the speakers themselves by definition would not understand what they're speaking.

This is a simple matter. You can also verify it. Have you seen anyone disprove my points citing any reputable source?

No. They're only insulting me and making wild claims that have no basis in scripture.

Was the man not talking about unity and brotherhood with his biblical references?

See how confused you are with your driveby ITK?

This rubbish doesn't even make sense, it has nothing to do with what the man said, you are just trolling and making up your own argument just to make yourself relevant or hear yourself talk.

The man's assertions remain about unity and brotherhood, we understand what he said and the context so your endless rants have nothing to do with anything, you obviously did not watch the video.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2022
JimmySwaggart:
then why did he not say we inherited "different tongues" instead.

Some of us are smart enough to understand words, meaning, and context, we don't have to be spoonfed basic words and meanings like babies.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Bro, why are you dodging my challenge? I dare you to trace Tinubu's gaffe to any source.

You use Speaking in Tongues of acts, I have dismantled it and told you why it's blasphemous using it to defend Tinubu.

You use Tower of Babel, I told you why it's not even related with proof. And even if we agree for the sake of argument that it's related, then it'll be blasphemous as the symbol of Babel is confusion and disunity. That's why it's "Confusion of Tongues". But it isn't even related as linking Speaking in Tongues with Confusion of Tongues is in itself blasphemous because the Holy Spirit is the one responsible for gifting it. He doesn’t gift 'disunity'

So whichever way you look at it, Tinubu goofed. Most are now avoiding Babel after they read my point and tried to justify Speaking in Tongues of the New Testament. But even that, they can't defend as it's gifted, not Inherited. And the speakers speak in the language they don't understand. The language can be Heavenly understood only by God or human language, understood only by God and the owners of the language. However, the speakers themselves by definition would not understand what they're speaking.

This is a simple matter. You can also verify it. Have you seen anyone disprove my points citing any reputable source?

No. They're only insulting me and making wild claims that have no basis in scripture.

It matters not what rejoinders or rebuttals others are giving to your know-all postings. That’s not our concern here!
Point is….you forget that The Tower of Babel (like most biblical narratives in the mould of Adam & Eve depiction) was only an allegory and not necessarily an actual event! What the story is meant to depict is what you fail to comprehend!
Think about it….before insisting on the semantics linked with “humanity speaking in different tongues”….yet having one goal of ascending into the spiritual realm, which is their Paradise!
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

It matters not what rejoinders or rebuttals others are giving to your know-all postings. That’s not our concern here!
Point is….you forget that The Tower of Babel (like most biblical narratives in the mould of Adam & Eve depiction) was only an allegory and not necessarily an actual event! What the story is meant to depict is what you fail to comprehend!
Think about it….before insisting on the semantics linked with “humanity speaking in different tongues”!

He created his own different topic and argument to troll people with.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

Think about it….before insisting on the semantics linked with “humanity speaking in different tongues”!

Going about in circles and dodging my challenge. You're now attacking biblical stories, the entire Bible has been dismissed as fairytale. In fact, going by this, languages, according to various scientific and linguistic sources predated the Bible. That's a topic for another day.

The subject matter is Tinubu and his "Speaking in Tongues" gaffe. Show me any reputable source that linked it to the Babel story. That's the challenge. The etymology is online. Collocation and contexts are online. I don’t enjoy regurgitating same thing over and over again.

Please show me any source linking them or pick your "L" and move on like others.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

linking Speaking in Tongues with Confusion of Tongues is in itself blasphemous because the Holy Spirit is the one responsible for gifting it. He doesn’t gift 'disunity'

Even speaking in tongues creates the same confusion and disunity to start with so how are they not related?

You are too confused, lost or just intentionally fraudulent and disingenuous with your rants because you are not making sense
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Going about in circles and dodging my challenge. You're now attacking biblical stories, the entire Bible has been dismissed as fairytale. In fact, going by this, languages, according to various scientific and linguistic sources predated the Bible. That's a topic for another day.

The subject matter is Tinubu and his "Speaking in Tongues" gaffe. Show me any reputable source that linked it to the Babel story. That's the challenge. The etymology is online. Collocation and contexts are online. I don’t enjoy regurgitating same thing over and over again.

Please show me any source linking them or pick your "L" and move on like others.

You don’t need any “reputable source”….all you need do is listen to the entire narrative and dispassionately apply some “common sense”!!

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Sadly, you are the gaffe and your posts reflects your endless gaffes..
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Sadly, you are the gaffe and your posts reflects your endless gaffes..

Yet you can't disprove any. Amazing! Only to insult and tag me ipob
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

You don’t need any “reputable source”….all you need do is listen to the entire narrative and dispassionately apply some “common sense”!!

Bro, pick your 'L' and move on. You have nothing to offer, like your master, Tinubu. Take corrections or the metaphorical "L"
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Even speaking in tongues creates the same confusion and disunity to start with so how are they not related?

You are too confused, lost or just intentionally fraudulent and disingenuous with your rants because you are not making sense

Another blasphemy. Speaking in Tongues creates "disunity"? Speaking in Tongues "edifies", not "disunites" ..

I think at this point you're a troll.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Yet you can't disprove any. Amazing! Only to insult and tag me ipob

What do you want me to disprove? That there's no connection between Speaking in tongues and the Babel?

Is it not the Babel they use in the bible reflects the dangerous effects of speaking in tongues so how are they not related?

What is wrong with this dude?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Bro, pick your 'L' and move on. You have nothing to offer, like your master, Tinubu. Take corrections or the metaphorical "L"

Personally, I believe this debate has shown that people like you actually know very little about the scriptures you profess to be guided by when you call yourselves Christians. You need a lot of enlightenment but as your Bible says…My people perish for lack of knowledge!! undecided undecided
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

What do you want me to disprove? That there's no connection between Speaking in tongues and the Babel?

Is it not the Babel they use in the bible reflects the dangerous effects of speaking in tongues so how are they not related?

What is wrong with this dude?

I have repeated this over and over again. What happened in Babel is "Confusion of Tongues". I have been hammering on the linguistic terms "collocation" and "context" and there are reasons why.

I have been practical too. "Speaking in Tongues" in biblical context is a phrase. It's not just a random combination of words. But a collocation of words to convey a specific meaning.

There's a reason no one links the phrase to Tower of Babel. There's a reason when you mention it in a Christian gathering, no one would think about Tower of Babel. I even challenged you all, if you doubt, prove me wrong. Nothing.

You just make wild claims without any proof whatsoever. Tower of Babel symbolises confusion and disunity. It's called "Confusion of Tongues".

Speaking in Tongues is also Gifts of Tongues in biblical context. The phrase was abused and there's NO amount of rantings can change that.

I am still challenging you to prove me wrong citing relevant authorities.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

Personally, I believe this debate has shown that people like you actually know very little about the scriptures you profess to be guided by when you call yourselves Christians. You need a lot of enlightenment but as your Bible says…My people perish for lack of knowledge!! undecided undecided

This is not a debate sir. You're being lectured, that's the honest truth. I have dismantled your points, posed a challenge. You haven't dismantled mine neither have you provided answers to my question. So what's the debate here?

You are talking about scripture, yet no single proof either from the scripture or scriptural vaults.

You just make baseless, wild claims and expect me to accept when there are biblical points and references on ground? Your colleague is even saying speaking in Tongues disunites people. Just imagine the kind of people I am conversing with
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

I have repeated this over and over again. What happened in Babel is "Confusion of Tongues". I have been hammering on the linguistic terms "collocation" and "context" and there are reasons why.

I have been practical too. "Speaking in Tongues" in biblical context is a phrase. It's not just a random combination of words. But a collocation of words to convey a specific meaning.

There's a reason no one links the phrase to Tower of Babel. There's a reason when you mention it in a Christian gathering, no one would think about Tower of Babel. I even challenged you all, if you doubt, prove me wrong. Nothing.

You just make wild claims without any proof whatsoever. Tower of Babel symbolises confusion and disunity. It's called "Confusion of Tongues".

Speaking in Tongues is also Gifts of Tongues in biblical context. The phrase was abused and there's NO amount of rantings can change that.

I am still challenging you to prove me wrong citing relevant authorities.

Same meaningless gibberish.

You don't even sound like a real Christian because you are confusing yourself and even falling all over yourself.

Just rubbish, utter rubbish..
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Same meaningless gibberish.

You don't even sound like a real Christian because you are confusing yourself and even falling all over yourself.

Just rubbish, utter rubbish..

This is exactly what you are good at. Ignore the points, ignore the challenge and launch personal attacks. grin
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Some of us are smart enough to understand words, meaning, and context, we don't have to be spoonfed basic words and meanings like babies.

baba just get lost, you dey cap nonsense. Agbero oshi radarada.....
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by shinealight(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

This is not a debate sir. You're being lectured, that's the honest truth. I have dismantled your points, posed a challenge. You haven't dismantled mine neither have you provided answers to my question. So what's the debate here?

You are talking about scripture, yet no single proof either from the scripture or scriptural vaults.

You just make baseless, wild claims and expect me to accept when there are biblical points and references on ground? Your colleague is even saying speaking in Tongues disunites people. Just imagine the kind of people I am conversing with

When one chooses to join a public forum, one expects to converse with all manner of persons….including the conceited, the unenlightened and the academics who think everything can be found in some book or scriptural vaults!
Their intuition is simply asleep…hence they rely only on what their intellect can provide.
How then can they ever ascend into regions where the intellect is of no use…having been buried in the earth? It is indeed pitiful!! cool cool
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by sonofthunder: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2022
HIPROFILE:

There you go bro you do not actually have understanding about where peter Obi is coming from.
I tell you for free if Peter Obi climbs any Podium and release his planned solution to a better governance and his preferred economic policies bro you and I will love him even more to want to vote nothing but Obi cos those are the things that would release the country from the shackles of this old greedy politicians hence the political elites would fight dirty on him not to become.

These crooks don't care to list all manner of palatable solutions just to turn your heads only to get the power and do whatever they like because they have no integrity. just like they promised 1USD to 1Naira,….You see am naa you see what it is today abi? bro make una no deh make person vex.

This na why una deh complain of Obidients say dem unruly why wont they be? see bro you can support your APC candidate but trying to defend or promote APC is so provoking hence the unruly attack on you straight up.

No most so called obidients are actually very unruly and unreasonable. Take this forum for Instance, they always try to guilt trip the mods by accusing them of supporting Tinubu and atiku once the topics do not make front page but keep quiet if their topics are able to make it to the FP. There's so so much more that it will be ridiculous to start listing but I will never généralisé them as there's actually some reasonable folks in the mix.

I keep repeating that there was nothing so special about PO as governor that makes him above average.

Where exactly is PO coming from? Someone that preaches what he doesn't do?

When is he going to release the plans. It's clear that he has none because he was asked several times and couldn't come up with anything coherent.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2022
JimmySwaggart:
baba just get lost, you dey cap nonsense. Agbero oshi radarada.....

Typical toxic Obi online terrorists..

What's new..? grin
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQr8qUDsKI

Wonderful and presidential speech.

I love this man no be small..
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

When one chooses to join a public forum, one expects to converse with all manner of persons….including the conceited, the unenlightened and the academics who think everything can be found in some book or scriptural vaults!
Their intuition is simply asleep…hence they rely only on what their intellect can provide.
How then can they ever ascend into regions where the intellect is of no use…having been buried in the Earth? It is indeed pitiful!! cool cool

Na una way. Ignore, the message, ignore the challenge and attack the person. Just take your L and move on. I won't go this road with you.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:20am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

This is exactly what you are good at. Ignore the points, ignore the challenge and launch personal attacks. ;

Dude, go away with your troll rubbish.

Endless garbage with no sense or substance, just silly and pointless repetition of meaningless garbage.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Dude, go away with your troll rubbish.

Endless garbage with no sense or substance, just silly and pointless repetition of meaningless garbage.

May God have mercy on your soul. Insult me all you want, I have forgiven you. One love, brother. Bye.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

May God have mercy on your soul. Insult me all you want, I have forgiven you. One love, brother. Bye.

Fake Christian, don't pray for me abeg, worry about your own poor cognitive soul.

Tinubu spoke about unity regardless of the language we speak, but agents of doom and evil spirit are trying to use Christianity to destroy the positive and Godly speech.

I know your type, nothing good makes you happy, and you seek the worst in humanity.

You failed.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Fake Christian, don't pray for me abeg, worry about your own poor cognitive soul.

Tinubu spoke about unity regardless of the language we speak, but agents of doom and evil spirit are trying to use Christianity to destroy the positive and Godly speech.

I know your type, nothing good makes you happy, and you seek the worst in humanity.

You failed.

Do me one favour, can we have this discussion without insults and attacks please?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 10:40am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

Do me one favour, can we have this discussion without insults and attacks please?

You asked God to have mercy on my soul because my soul was damaged, and destroyed, I'm I dying or going to hell?

God should have mercy on my soul because of ordinary internet back and forth.

This is the problem with people like you, you say mean and horrible things to people while playing the victim at the same time.

You are just too cunningly deceptive.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 10:43am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

You asked God to have mercy on my soul because my soul was damaged, and destroyed, I'm I dying or going to hell?

This is the problem with people like you, you say mean and horrible things to people while playing the victim at the same time.

You are just too cunningly deceptive.

I said that because you blasphemed by saying Speaking In Tongues means disunity. I prayed He forgive you and have mercy on you (maybe I shouldn't have used soul). It's not an insult, but an honest prayer.

That notwithstanding, are you ready to have the discussion without insults and attacks?
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by plaindealer: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2022
Trinitycian:

I said that because you blasphemed by saying Speaking In Tongues means disunity. I prayed He forgive you and have mercy on you (maybe I shouldn't have used soul). It's not an insult, but an honest prayer.

That notwithstanding, are you ready to have the discussion without insults and attacks?

Back to sender.

Go and pray for your own poor soul.

You are not having any discussion, you are trolling and spewing meaningless gibberish.
Re: Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) by Trinitycian: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2022
plaindealer:

Back to sender.

Go and pray for your own poor soul.

You are not having any discussion, you are trolling and spewing meaningless gibberish.

Okay, bye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

IG of Police Sacks Abba Kyari As IRT Boss, Replaced With Tunji Disu / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.