Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Types Of Houses You Should Avoid While Renting Your New Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Types Of Houses You Should Avoid While Renting Your New Apartment (416 Views)

Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi / What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Houses You Should Avoid While Renting Your New Apartment by Propsvilla(m): 1:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Finding a decent apartment is not an easy task especially in the bigger cities like Lagos where the population of people is more than the available apartments for rent. There are factors that influence one's decision to settle for a particular apartment. You can click here to check out our Articles on factors that affect Renting of new Apartment.

Here are the types of Houses you should Avoid when looking for an Apartment.

PUBLIC YARD

This is the typical House for low income earners. It is prevalent in big Cities where the cost of accommodation is high. 

This type of Apartment popularly known as Face me I face you Apartment is characterised by lots of weird experiences from lining up to take your bath or use the toilet to sharing the kitchen.

People that live in Face me I face You apartment are known to be aggressive and abusive in nature because they always run into each other repeatedly on a daily basis. 

LONE APARTMENT 

A Lone Apartment is a type of Apartment where just a single tenant is meant to live in a particular building.  This type of Apartment should be avoided because of security reasons most especially for a single Ladies.

HOUSE UNDER DISPUTE 

One of my friends paid for a three bedroom Apartment and within one week of making payment for his apartment. He was served a notice to vacate the property because of the dispute between the sons of the owner of the house as to who will become the legitimate owner of the house. 

My friend had to pack after several threats but getting a refund of the money paid was a very difficult task. He lost almost 200,000 because of the singular act of renting a house that is under dispute. 

HOUSE ADORED WITH FETISH ITEMS

No matter how prayerful you are, you just have to avoid a house that is adorned with fetish items. There are many people who have undergone a very unforgettable negative experience living in such type of house and I know it is something you will not like to experiment. 

A VERY OLD HOUSE

Many out of desperation for an apartment ended up in an old house. The disadvantages of renting an old house are numerous. From dilapidated infrastructures to unattractive environments and lack of aesthetics. Also old houses are prone to collapse at any time. 

HOUSE WILL CRACKS AND FAULT LINES

No matter how cheap an apartment is, you must make sure you avoid any house with visible cracks or any house you noticed to have a structural deficit. I know one of my friends that I warned not to rent a house with a fault line in Ojo Lagos. My friend went ahead to rent such a house. In the end he lost almost all his properties when the building Collapsed. 

Finally, choosing an apartment might be very difficult but when you are choosing an apartment the best thing is to go through the services of Experienced Realtor that has a deeper knowledge of properties than You. 
https://www.propsvilla.com/types-of-houses-…ur-new-apartment/

1 Like

Re: Types Of Houses You Should Avoid While Renting Your New Apartment by HighTableVoice: 2:06am On Sep 02, 2022
Good thoughtful write up. Perhaps you can still elaborate on types of houses to hope and keep in mind to rent for ones first or new apartment
Re: Types Of Houses You Should Avoid While Renting Your New Apartment by Propsvilla(m): 2:27am On Sep 02, 2022
HighTableVoice:
Good thoughtful write up. Perhaps you can still elaborate on types of houses to hope and keep in mind to rent for ones first or new apartment
Thank You. Your suggestion is noted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flourish Luxury Villa Eluju - Plots Available For Sale / Self Con For Rent. / Taking My Client For An Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.