Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi (9634 Views)

5-Storey Building Collapses In Ebonyi (Photos) / Which Place In Nigeria Can You Find This Kind Of Houses (photo) / Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2023
Man Cries Out, Petitions IGP Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi (Photos) | #IgbereTV

A man, Chief Rapheal Onyeanusi Uzodinma has petitioned Inspector General of Police over alleged destruction of his houses and business property by Nkaleke Unuhu Community, Izzi, local government area of Ebonyi State.

In the petition through his counsel, Patrick Egwu, Uzodinma alleged threat to life, violence, malicious damage, forcible entry, criminal trespass and conducts likely to cause breach of peace by the Nkaleke Unuhu Community.

The petition was copied to Police Service Commission, Senate President, Speaker, House of Representatives and Presidency.

He called for urgent intervention in the matter to avert very imminent danger of bloodbath.

He alleged that some sons of the Nkaleke community were behind the destruction of his property and means of livelihood.

Uzodinma said “it is pertinent and we feel duty bound to bring to your attention an ongoing ugly and dangerous trend that is a direct affront to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria being deliberately perpetrated by natives of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital.

“This trend is carefully targeted against choice landed properties belonging to non-Abakaliki indigenes. We make bold to state that our present client is a victim of this nefarious acts of illegal demolitions of buildings/businesses belonging to non-indigenes as the pattern being employed by the present actors is same as have been adopted in the past by same group of people.

“This ugly trend, if not nipped in the bud will grow into a monster that will not only consume Ebonyi State but the whole of South East.

“The scene of the crimes stated above is a property housing a number of businesses including a rice processing factory, lying along Abakaliki-Enugu Express way, adjacent Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (AE-FUTHA) II, Ebonyi State.

“The property belongs to our client and our client has been in undisturbed possession of the property since early 1950s long before the creation of Ebonyi State. The property has since then been in use for a variety of purposes including but not limited to: farming, stone crushing factory, rice processing factory, metallurgical factory, block industry, etc.

“ Before the forcible entry and subsequent demolition of buildings and businesses, the property was fully occupied by tenants numbering over 100 (one hundred) who were put there by our client and who have been doing their businesses/enterprises on the land to sustain themselves and families.

“These present tenants have been peacefully enjoying their tenancy and have been paying their rents to our client for periods ranging from 10 (ten) to 40 (forty) years. That nobody or group of persons or villagers has/have ever challenged or contested ownership of the land against our client”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by OBTOREPA(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Naija which way na?
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by animatron47: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2023
Ah ah. Why the destruction na?
No compensation at all? embarassed
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Nairalander248: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2023
Even upon the pepper by this government
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by triple996(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2023
Very bitter and unfortunate people full of hate and vitriol. Just look at what they are doing to themselves. undecided undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Tboymessiah(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Aolfooties(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2023
Ha, but why

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by ecolime(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2023
triple996:
Very bitter and unfortunate people full of hate and vitriol. Just look at what they are doing to themselves. undecided undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2023
After the hardship of foods increase, dollar increase, products increase, transportation increase, small salary and una stubborn and still refuse to jump into the oceans, una no wan commit suicide, government have result to removing the roofs and destroying houses one by one, una no say una population dey vex government, if hunger no kill una, suffer no kills una, by the time una start sleeping outside inside rain ,cold go finish una
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by nenergy(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2023
But why now?

Anyways Brand New Redmi 10c 4gb/128gb available at 90k

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:50am On Sep 16, 2023
If to say these people used the money dey built that house to japa now, sebi dem for they for sane environment.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Calitoscassius(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2023
This is not even westerners against southerners. This is Igbo against Igbo. Wickedness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Tozocalamity: 8:54am On Sep 16, 2023
Human being is the problem of humanity
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Passionate888: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2023
Ebonyi people sef grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Calitoscassius(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
If to say these people used the money dey built that house to japa now, sebi dem for they for sane environment.

Smh
If every body Japa who go come fix these kin problem naa? If you Japa, you go still come back one day and de problem go still dey de wait for you.

3 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by bigdammyj: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Reading...
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by FireUpNow(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2023
In this difficult and harsh economic time? Man is dominating man to his own advantage
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by DSC7: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2023
[quote author=ecolime post=125822274][/quote]

Can't u attack the message for once? undecided undecided undecided..

Such a hypocritical duncee
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by southsouthking(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2023
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Mylove001: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2023
Saw them yesterday so sad
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Yujin(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This is not even westerners against southerners. This is Igbo against Igbo. Wickedness.
Must you guys turn everything to tribalism? You should wait to hear the full story before allowing tribalism take the better of you. Did you see anyone tribalise Mohbad's death? Why are you sons of Oduduwa so attached to tribalism? Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Calitoscassius(m): 9:17am On Sep 16, 2023
Yujin:

Must you guys turn everything to tribalism? You should wait to hear the full story before allowing tribalism take the better of you. Did you see anyone tribalise Mohbad's death? Why are you sons of Oduduwa so attached to tribalism? Tufiakwa!
You should read the story, engage your brain. Maybe, just maybe, you would comprehend that it is Igbo against Igbo. grin

Meanwhile... who da fork is Mohbad? Am I supposed to have heard of him or her? kiss

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by CooldipoMPS: 9:23am On Sep 16, 2023
This is Nigeria!
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
If every body Japa who go come fix these kin problem naa? If you Japa, you go still come back one day and de problem go still dey de wait for you.

My brother if you are not within the corridor of power, you won't be able to do anything to fix this country. There is absolutely nothing common man can do to fix this country.

Better small money wey u get, use am go where things are working, if not for your sake, for the sake of your children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Yujin(m): 9:42am On Sep 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You should read the story, engage your brain. Maybe, just maybe, you would comprehend that it is Igbo against Igbo. grin

Meanwhile... who da fork is Mohbad? Am I supposed to have heard of him or her? kiss
Since when have a people, a community or even family members stop having problems among themselves? It is nothing new and shouldn't be viewed from the prism of tribalism. Wasn't it just last year that Kogi state government had a problem with Dangote cement at Obajana? They forced the company to shut down. Did you call them out as northerners against northerners? Common sense should tell you civil matters will always arise and it is best to listen to both parties first before jumping to conclusion. Have you heard the people's story with the man before you jump into conclusion?
Don't your omoniles still attack other Yorubas and destroy their properties? Learn to use your head properly.

4 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by yeshuasfootstep(m): 9:57am On Sep 16, 2023
I said it.
If they come for me and you refuse to talk.
It'll eventually reach your turn.
This has been going on in Abakaliki and nothing is being done.
Even some of their rich neighbours enjoys it because it affords them the opportunity to acquire cheap properties.

But note this my good people of Abakaliki where I was born and where I spent better part of my years.

I also was affected by this because I took the hard decision to sell off my property having seen the danger ahead.

More so as all my efforts to even register my land was blocked kpatakpata at lands office.

As I keep saying, if you don't stop this madness, you'll eventually have only yourselves to devour.
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by Blackdisciple(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Do they compensate all these people they demolished their houses..
Re: Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi by AfonjaConehead: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself / Fastest Appreciating Est in Ajah! Westwood Park Estate! Now Selling @ 12m. / Land For Sale In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.