Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The Terrible Visitation - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Terrible Visitation (335 Views)

Examples Of Terrible Writing In Popular Books. (photos) / A Playlet Titled The Visitation / Dedication And Willingness To Be Terrible: How Ishiguro Won The Nobel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Terrible Visitation by Prince12Eddie(m): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Good morning everyone!

The write up talks about a man who decided to challenge the judgement of the village council.

The repercussions of his actions weren't pleasant.

© Prince Eddie

Historian/ Traditional Fiction || September 2022.

Despite the warnings from his wife, Ejike proceeded to challenge Mazi Ibekwe's actions.

Mazi Ibekwe, a rigid and high ranked Chief, approached Ejike on a groomy Thursday. Mazi always dressed in a red regalia with a staff in his hand. His left hands were always tugged in his pocket, he never smiled abit.

He walked briskly into the compound of the Ejike's. He nodded to the greetings of Ada, Ejike's wife who was sweeping the compound.

Ejike was standing in front of his house with a chewing stick tilted to the left side of his mouth.
He was carried away with starring at the beautiful creatures parading the sky, the birds. No doubt, Ejike's presence took him unawares. He was startled by Mazi Ibekwe's intentional cough.

Mazi Ibekwe stormed out of the compound in rage. In actuality, his conversation with Ejike ended in a deadlock.

Ada, Ejike's wife enquired... "Mazi requested for our daughter's hand in marriage to his first son, and I rejected immediately. Owing to that, he flared up." Ejike explained to his wife.

The Sons of Mazi Ibekwe were irresponsible. They caused the villagers much pains but nothing was done about their misconduct. Probably because their father was a the high ranked Chief in the community.
Little wonder, Ejike immediately said a 'No' to his request. In actuality, nobody would wanna have an irresponsible person as a Son - in - law.

Mazi felt insulted by Ejike. He took the case to the hearing of the village council, on the grounds of Ejike belittling his position by insulting him.

Ejike was summoned and he disagreed to the fact Mazi Ibekwe established. The village council listened to Ejike's side of the matter. As expected, the council judged the case in favor of Mazi Ibekwe. It was demanded of Ejike to tender an apology to Mazi with three tubers of yam and a fowl. He was to present the items in the next council meeting.

Ejike blatantly said a No to the ruling of the council. He wouldn't accept the judgement. "No! No!! No!!! I won't accept this. I owe Mazi Ibekwe no apology of any sort," he said fuming in anger. In the light of that, the Council gave Mazi Ibekwe the go ahead to do to Ejike as it dimed him fit.

Mazi decided to seize the only plot of land Ejike had. He paid some men to place a barricades around the plot, thereby hindering access to the piece of land.
All efforts made by Ejike to recover his property were futile. He was losing his patience. He was fed up with everything. He decided to storm the next council meeting.

Ejike walked into the council hall aggressively. He interrupted the meeting. In actuality, anyone who sighted as he headed to the hall would think he was going for a war. His words bellowed like wild fire, his eyes turned red as he spoke. Ejike was a man of anger, little wonder his wife tried to stop him.

"Mazi! Mazi!! Okay there he is," he said as he sighted Mazi Ibekwe. "My lord! Instruct Mazi Ibekwe to let go of my only piece of land or else he will get it hot from me. I have said my own." He concluded.

Ejike was about leaving when Mazi Ibekwe voiced out. "A child that threatens his father has brought a curse upon himself. Ejike!... I will Visit you." He said as he sat down. Ejike laughed at his words with scorn. He bounced out of the hall.

The issue between the duo seemed to have ended. Ejike was gradually regaining ownership of the piece of land. Infact! he did some weeding on the plot, against the planting season.

He couldn't complete the clearing because his head hurt. He retired to the house inorder to have some rest. Towards the eve of the day, he decided to take a stroll out. He wore a white polo with black trousers. His face cap shielded some portion of his forehead.

As he walked past the parlour, a strong wind blew. The waves surrounded Ejike in a circular motion. Ejike was yet to phantom what was going on when his legs began to stretch apart. He couldn't feel his legs anymore, he lost control of himself.

The waves pushed his legs apart, tearing through the front of his trousers. His legs stretched farther away from each other. He attempted to let out a scream but his voice couldn't cross his lips. The waves swept through his pelvic region, twisting his male reproductive organ and tearing away his testicles.
He fell to the ground, bashing his head against the wall. Just then he was able to scream. "Chineke!!!"

Blood oozed out of the various openings in his body, he foamed in the mouth.
Ada ran out of the bedroom, immediately she heard her husband scream. But it was too late, Ejike gave up the ghost. A section of his body turned black. It was difficult for anyone to ascertain if he was the person laying down there lifeless.

Ada screamed when she saw her husband's lifeless body. She wept on top of her voice but nothing could be done. Ejike had long crossed over to the land of the dead.

In certainty, Ejike was visited!

Thank you for reading ❤️
Re: The Terrible Visitation by Mikespecialone(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2022
Mtweeeee

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Scripter For Paternity Court Needed / Who Wants Free James Hadley Chase Novel Pdfs? / I Went Back To The Village Because Everyone Rejected Me And I Was Suffering- Iya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.