Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola (875 Views)

You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2022
I don't think we are the most criminally minded people in the world but I think we should be the most indisciplined and entitled people.

When you look at the Stats of cyber crimes globally, you will realize that we do not take the lead however, our culture of indiscipline and disorderliness has made us the perfect alibi for other criminals around the world.

I think apart from being indisciplined, we have the most unhealthy overbloated ego. This is why almost everyone feels above the law.

We are loud, noisy and braggadocios, especially in our lawlessness and indiscipline. Our poor work ethics is well documented. Many hiring managers around the world will tell you how smart and intelligent Nigerians are but come short with at work ethics.

This is why most Nigerians in Nigeria here will see sticklers to rules as wicked fellows. We are not used to doing things appropriately. We have been used to anyhowness and indulgences so much that anyone who tries to enforce basic processes is viewed as wicked. It is why we break laws easily outside the country. Many of those law breakers aren't particularly bad people. They were just poorly oriented and trained as Nigerians.

It happens here even at the family level. Some people cannot cope in their uncle and aunty's houses because of the order in those places. They're used to places where they're allowed to do anyhow. Go out when they like. Go out without anyone knowing where they went to.

There are many people I have advised to keep financial diaries in order to track where their money is going to but they always assume such is from a place of being miserly hence, unnecessary. How won't you know how your money flows out and comes in? Yet, these same Nigerians will say "I don't know how my money finishes". When it it is not Google map leading them to spend.

Ordinary stop and question by security at a building is considered insult to an average Nigerian. We don't like queues and orderliness.

People even associate discipline with stinginess. They assume if you're disciplined, you cannot be generous and kind.

Disciplined people are simply averse to waste. They're some of the most generous, considerate and kindest people.

Indiscipline and poor work ethics is written all over most of the handymen and workmen in Nigeria. They show up when they like...they hold people to Ransome. They do the work when they like. They deliver when they like.

https://www.facebook.com/1423713811/posts/pfbid0wJjhRLCUPQugpKinFdfJYfnrWFb2ptTvUgRXXxNvtxZzBHMAsW3r6kpUqNcStd1Xl/?app=fbl

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2022
This is very apt and written excellently well. I concur

4 Likes

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by yomi961: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2022
Good.
Majority of Peter Obi's supporters were once Atiku's fans. As a matter of fact, most of them voted for Atiku in 2019. Now that they have brokert camp, they have rather reduced Atiku's votes – a move which Tinubu is well pleased with. Of course Tinubu knows that only an Atiku poses threat to his presidential ambition.
The path way to an Igbo president is through the PDP.
Vote for atiku abubakar
Vote for PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
HOW TO RESPECT YOURSELF

(1) Stop looking for who is not looking for you.

(2) Stop begging.

(3) Stop saying more than is necessary.

(4) When people disrespect you, confront them immediately.

(5) Don't eat other people's food more than they eat yours.

(6) Reduce how you visit some people, especially if they don't reciprocate it.

(7) Invest in yourself. Make yourself happy.

(cool Stop entertaining gossip about other people.

(9) Think before you talk. 80% of how people value you is what comes out of your mouth.

(10) Always look your best. Dress the way you should be addressed.

(11) Be an achiever. Get busy with your goals.

(12) Respect your time.

(13) Don't stay in a relationship where you don't feel respected and valued. Walk away.

(14) Learn to spend money on yourself. That's how people will learn to spend on you.

(15) Be scarce sometimes.

(16) Be a giver more than a receiver.

(17) Don't go where you are not invited. And when invited don't overstay your welcome.

(18) Treat people exactly the way they deserve.

(19) Except they owe you money, two call attempts is enough. If they value you they will call you back.

(20) Be good at what you do. Be the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2022
The drive you haven't cultivated in your 20's won't come magically in your 30s or 40s. It won't. Drive has a foundation.

I am talking drive not success. Life is in stages and phases but there are certain foundational psyche that ought to be in place for blooming to be possible in later years.

Drive is a personal thing. Drive is WILL. It is a sort of personal motivation. A person without personal drive cannot be motivated nor even pushed to do the things they want to or ought to.

The best mentoring won't work with anyone who lacks that basic personal drive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2022
JUST ANOTHER COMMON SENSE LECTURE.

Give N150,000 to a secondary school dropout and watch him buy a stove, a frying pan, cooking oil and other things to start Indomie business.

In just three years, the young man will have a wife, a plot of land worth N1million, a Tokunbo car, a TV, sofa, bed, etc in his one-bedroom house.

Give N1m to most university graduates and watch them buy Samsung Galaxy phones and several pairs of skinny jeans, take their numerous girlfriends out, take selfies and post them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

In less than two years, they will be buying Indomie on credit from the secondary school dropout and paying rent or staying in their parents' house.

The question is:
DOES EDUCATION BREED WASTE, ARROGANCE, GULLIBILITY AND STUPIDITY?

Education does not necessarily breed any of the above, but it makes you look down on possibilities as "not befitting my status".

Unemployment is actually higher amongst the educated than amongst the uneducated.

The uneducated are more innovative and ready to do what the educated will refer to as "dirty, menial jobs".

And before you know it, the uneducated guy will be needing an Accountant to manage his finance books and will now employ the educated guy!

That is the reality of our society!
*My counsel...Work as if you have no certificate, remain humble...*

From Haruna Braimoh

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by Humulity: 7:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Good analysis.
This can be majorly linked to our education system. The standard had drastically dropped below expectation. The curriculum inherited from the British instead of improving on it to integrate with our local moral values, norms and social orientation. The system has so much been debased and defaced that teaching our history has become an aberration and our local language near extinct. As it stands no the redemption process and reclaiming of our our real identity starts with the government and time we are in now is an opportunity for everybody to be part of the process. Since we have lost our yesterday, we must take back our today to have a tomorrow we all can be proud of and bequeath our future generations. So we can stand head high anywhere in the world and be proud to be called a Nigerian.
This easiest way to do this is to take back our country and vote that person (s), who can genuinely start the redemption journey. And not vote based on ethnic, religious or political biase.

1 Like

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Oloriburuku (unfortunate people) are of different classes and grades.

One of the most unfortunate at the top class of them are those who, because we differ with them in opinion and chose to wish our country well and say mostly positive things about it, wish bad things befall us in Nigeria so that they may rejoice and say "that serves you right".

By God and the power with which He controls the things in the worlds seen and unseen, may the bad things they wish for us go back to them in multiple folds.

Gbogbo ẹni tó ń perí wa ní'bi láìsẹ̀ láìrò, ẹkùn yóó fi ayé wọn se ilé, ìbànújé yóó fi ọ̀dẹ̀dẹ̀ wọn se ibùgbé, ìṣẹ̀dá wọn ò níí gbé ayé se'hun rere, àṣẹ!

2 Likes

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 6:28am On Nov 11, 2022
India claims that Rishi Sunak, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, is of Indian origin, as his grandparents migrated from undivided India under British rule!

Pakistan also claims that Rishi Sunak is their son, as his grandfather was born on their land!

Kenya claims that Rishi Sunak's father Yashveer Sunak was born in Kenya, they claim his origin as well.

UK says nothing needs to be said because Rishi was born in Southampton, UK so he is a Britisher!

South Africa also claims its origin, as Rishi's mother, Usha was born there!

India also claims that Rishi ji is their son-in-law as he is married to Akshata Murthy, daughter of Narayana Murthy!

USA now enters the battlefield claiming that since Akshata Murthy is a US citizen, Rishi is their son-in-law!

Moral of the story
Success has many Relatives.�

*Copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by 9japride(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2022
It boils down to cultural practices of the people.
Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:35am On Nov 11, 2022
The States controlled by each political party:

APC = 22 STATES
PDP = 13 STATES (POSSIBLE DEDUCTION BY 6)
APGA = 1 STATE
LABOUR= KILIMANJARO MOUNTAIN, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER STATES.

2 Likes

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by PandoraObi: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2022
Ok
Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2022
The most bizarre story in the Bible was the account of how David sent Uriah to the war front to die, just because he wanted his wife. Uriah actually got killed and David took his wife, Bathsheba.

David married the widowed Bathsheba, but their first child died as punishment from God for David's adultery and murder of Uriah.

David repented of his sins, and Bathsheba later gave birth to Solomon.

Jesus, the son of God, came through the loins of Solomon, another reckless womanizer who married 300 wives, and had 700 concubines.

Same David was regarded as the apple of God’s eyes.

These are mysteries, aren’t they?
Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
Time ⏰

I got married age 25. I was an undergraduate then. Some said I was too young; but I got married because It was my time.

I had nothing. It was tough for years. Waited for four years to get a good job. It happened at my time.

A cousin of mine while I was in 100L finished from Bowen university age 22. It was his time.

He traveled to the UK age 23 and got a job. His annual remuneration as at then was 13,744,000 converted to naira. He completed his first house here in Nigeria age 27. It was his time.

We both celebrated the same age this year, same month, same day.

He isn't married yet. It is not his time.
I've never bought a block, let alone build a house. It's also not my time.

Why did I share?

So many feel bad when they see other people's life achievements.
They get worried as they see themselves as failure and unfortunate. But they don’t understand that time is a major factor in life.

When it is your time, your hard work would be rewarded. Things will fall in place and then you will achieve a whole lot bigger than your dreams and age.

They will all come easily and only then you'll understand the "The time of life".

If others get to have what you don't have; know it that, it is their time having. Yours too will come.

If you have what others don't have. It's only your time to have achieve those things too. Undoubtedly, their own time will come likewise.

What is that thing getting you so worried that you are yet to achieve that others already have?

Dear, Relax. Your time will come.

Writer �

Oluwanishola Akeju

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by moscobabs(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
Who is a MAN? A MAN is the most beautiful part of God's creation who starts compromising at a very tender age. He sacrifices his chocolates for his sister. He sacrifices his dreams just for the smile on his parents' face. He sacrifices his full youth for his wife and children by working late at night without complaining. He builds their future by taking loans from banks and repaying them for a lifetime. He struggles a lot and still has to bear scolding from his mother, wife and boss, Men are not usually celebrated but they are the most important part of a woman's life and women cannot do without them. Please respect every man in your life because you will never know what he has sacrificed for u. send this write up to every man to make him smile and every woman to realize his worth. Thank God I'm a Man

Happy International men's Day!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by Elliotwaveforec: 5:22pm On Mar 16
moscobabs:

Give N150,000 to a secondary school dropout and watch him buy a stove, a frying pan, cooking oil and other things to start Indomie business.

In just three years, the young man will have a wife, a plot of land worth N1million, a Tokunbo car, a TV, sofa, bed, etc in his one-bedroom house.

Give N1m to most university graduates and watch them buy Samsung Galaxy phones and several pairs of skinny jeans, take their numerous girlfriends out, take selfies and post them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

In less than two years, they will be buying Indomie on credit from the secondary school dropout and paying rent or staying in their parents' house.

The question is:

Education does not necessarily breed any of the above, but it makes you look down on possibilities as "not befitting my status".

Unemployment is actually higher amongst the educated than amongst the uneducated.

The uneducated are more innovative and ready to do what the educated will refer to as "dirty, menial jobs".

And before you know it, the uneducated guy will be needing an Accountant to manage his finance books and will now employ the educated guy!

From Haruna Braimoh
Are Nigerian graduates truly educated? Education without thinking is useless! Many of them aren't thinkers but just want to be paid salaries.

1 Like

Re: My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola by Konquest: 2:05am On Mar 17
moscobabs:

The question is:

From Haruna Braimoh

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Should Release Campaign Funds In The North / Labour Party Press Release On Attack In Enugu / Gov. Wike And His Band Hit Tracks •full Album•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.