Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola (1897 Views)

My Observations About Fellow Nigerians By Olajide Abiola / 2023: You’re Still Living In The Ancient Days - Tinubu Group Replies Bode George / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by adefitim(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2023
This is how someone who speculates with the dollar thinks.

He buys the dollars hoping that it will appreciate against the Naira. It does in fact appreciate against the Naira, which is gain for the person.

After the gain, you expect this person not to complain because of the gain but this is not the case.

Why is this person still angry about the exchange rate after gaining from speculating?

It is simple. This person expects that the prices of products and services he or she expects to spend the forex gain on to remain the same but it can’t hence the angst.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by proff010: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2023
Abi oo

1 Like

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by RandomFellow: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2023
I wish a massive dollar inflow will occur(like, let dangote refinery start producing petroleum products), so that the economic saboteurs will lose their money. Nonsense and speculation!

6 Likes

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Joey4321: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2023
Oga keep quiet abeg.

How many Nigerian's can afford to eat let alone buy dollar..

It's a business only a very small fraction of Nigerian can afford.

Give good governance and all of these won't be a problem.

Basssstards

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by phorget(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
adefitim:

He buys the dollars hoping that it will appreciate against the Naira. It does in fact appreciate against the Naira, which is gain for the person.

After the gain, you expect this person not to complain because of the gain but this is not the case.

Why is this person still angry about the exchange rate after gaining from speculating?

It is simple. This person expects that the prices of products and services he or she expects to spend the forex gain on to remain the same but it can’t hence the angst.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy

So how many people are buying the dollar? I hope you've bought some for yourself too?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by gammarays(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
adefitim:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy
People never chop na to buy dollar 🙄🙄

Another voodoo economics from Agbado miscreants

How come you guys protested against Goodluck Jonathan and didn't postulate this theory?
Hypocrites

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Xxxxtentacion2: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
RandomFellow:
I wish a massive dollar inflow will occur(like, let dangote refinery start producing petroleum products), so that the economic saboteurs will lose their money. Nonsense and speculation!
that miracle wont happen anytime soon... dollar will reach 2k before december bet it with me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by MrColdsweat: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
Always trading blames because you cannot accept your slavemaster is clueless.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by CrownOfClay724: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Lol.

Vulcanizer don turn financial analyst grin

2 Likes

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by excanny: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
If it were a non Hausa, non Yoruba president, I know the amount of Ojota protests that will be going on in South West by now.

5 Likes

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by OlujobaSamuel: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Keeping the dollar as how
Your premise is wrong, how many of us sef don hold any dollar for hand, not to talk of hoarding.
You no even mention roundtriping.
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by StOla: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
I love this smart analysis from the OP.

The ambivalence from those buying this dollars is quite puzzling.
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by RandomFellow: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
that miracle wont happen anytime soon... dollar will reach 2k before december bet it with me..

Please I beg you in the name of who/whatever you worship... Please don't swear for me
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Emetex22(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
RandomFellow:
😆 🤣 😂, seems you are in severe pains, next time don't vote drug lords

1 Like

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Xxxxtentacion2: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
RandomFellow:

Please I beg you in the name of who/whatever you worship... Please don't swear for me
whats this surpose to mean...
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by online4business: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
We are just surrounded by fools in this country can't wait till Friday.

Can an average Nigeria who can't eat 3 Square meal buy Dollars to hoard?

Tell your national assembly that spend $160m for suv and the polificians doing round-triping.

I'm sure the fellow writing all this rubbish nova even hold Dollar for hand.

Educated illetrates

1 Like

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by RandomFellow: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Emetex22:

😆 🤣 😂, seems you are in severe pains, next time don't vote drug lords

I don't owe you a revelation of who I voted for. One thing I'm sure about right now is that whether you voted Obi, Kwankwaso, Atiku or even Tinubu... Right now, we are all seeing this shege together!!! And yes, I'm still in severe pains (even though I can still fill my tank and afford my needs). I wish I don't have to go through so much to meet my daily needs. Hence my lamentations
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by RandomFellow: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
whats this surpose to mean...

I'm staying afloat at the moment. I don't know how long I can remain afloat if things don't improve!!! I bought 50kg of Big Bull rice on 31st of May for 39k. It finished 2 weeks ago, and I had to buy another one. Same Big Bull, but I paid 57k for the same 50kg bag. 18k added within 4months? Let's not talk about fuel... 40k per month to 135k for a month How long can i sustain this? Redmi note 12 pro I bought in June for 175k is currently over 260k!!! I wanted to buy another one (for wifey)... But who gimme mind?
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Emetex22(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
RandomFellow:

I don't owe you a revelation of who I voted for. One thing I'm sure about right now is that whether you voted Obi, Kwankwaso, Atiku or even Tinubu... Right now, we are all seeing this shege together!!! And yes, I'm still in severe pains (even though I can still fill my tank and afford my needs). I wish I don't have to go through so much to meet my daily needs. Hence my lamentations
Tell me who you voted for without telling me 😆 🤣 😂, it's ook, hopefully this administration figures something out, I have parents and friends back home and they tell me things are red, imagine the poor vulnerable ones with kids, pragmatic solution now or the center may no longer hold soon.
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Validated: 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Make una quick this speculators narrative. If you are still saving your earnings in Naira, you are on your own. Let's assume you had N2m in your account on May 29, 2023, you left it in the bank, the current value would be $1526.73.
Take another smart guy who withdrew his own N2m on May 30 and bought $ at N488, his $4000 would still be there, with his value intact.

If Tinubu borrows $20b to crash $ to say N1000 ( which is not possible though), you will be holding your N2m but guess what, your friend would be holding N4m. He still has a higher purchasing power than you.
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by Error401: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
Where were you when naira was 216 to USD? Werey lo poju ninu gbogbo yin shaaa

StOla:
I love this smart analysis from the OP.

The ambivalence from those buying this dollars is quite puzzling.

Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by RandomFellow: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Emetex22:

Tell me who you voted for without telling me 😆 🤣 😂, it's ook, hopefully this administration figures something out, I have parents and friends back home and they tell me things are red, imagine the poor vulnerable ones with kids, pragmatic solution now or the center may no longer hold soon.

If I told you voted Obi, you wouldn't still believe me. Truth is- all middle-class and low class Nigerians are currently seeing shege; irrespective of who we voted for. I'm complaining because I'm the one wearing the shoe, and I know where it hurts
Re: You Are Killing The Naira And You’re Still Complaining - Olajide Abiola by happney65: 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
H

(1) (Reply)

See How Ethnicity Is Playing Out In Our Various Workers Unions In Nigeria. / Guys, Prepare For The Coming Slave Trade! / British Vicar To Marry Nigerian Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.