Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme (6382 Views)

Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) / Nigeria’s Maize Production Expands To 20 Million Metric Tonnes – MAAN / Over 33,000 Farmers To Enjoy CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Ogaga87(m): 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Shame... Believe anything you hear from this government at your own peril.
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Strategical: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
They said more than that when they were giving this same Anchor Borrowers Loan to Rice Farmers but what is the result and impact on the price of rice today?
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by comtem2011: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
klbakare:
This is a lie OOO, we didn't get any loan ooo
I Taya o, if they are talking about SEIFAC. We haven't seen anything o. Going to 2 yrs now that we registered.
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by 4gunners(m): 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
What’s the performance of the loan of Anchor borrowers program on rice. Don’t joust dash people money.
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by CheapHomes1: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.reuters.com/article/grains-nigeria-idAFL8N3083N0

This is the Koko...

Production costs have increased for Nigerian farmers. A bag of fertiliser now costs up to 22,000 naira ($52) from 15,000 naira in 2021, said Chigozie.

“The cost of cultivating one hectare of maize farm has gone up by 43%,” he said.

After all said and done, how affordable will be the maize? After all the noise about rice, it's unaffordable
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Nyenom: 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brendaniel:
APC is preparing for the Agbado they want to feed the 50 million youths Tinubu will recruit into the army

As for me I no wan join army now and even if I join no be Agbado I wan dey chop everyday - Peter Obi president - 2023 -2027

Why Always Zombidients.? Think Well And Read Well Before u write something.! Unam ikot mpoh
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Lama70(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Which loan?

We have applied since 2020/2021 in Oyo with every detail they requested. Maybe they will give us tomorrow. It's always in one part of the country that that thing is working.
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by osarogie813: 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
Why not 60million metric tonnes?Why not 60million metric tonnes?...
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Uqw1: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Really
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by ogageee: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
ppl were get maize farm no go see shi shi
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by billagreen(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
How's this output even measured??
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Perfectbeing(m): 3:40am On Sep 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
With what seeds ?

The same Nigerian seeds that yeild 1.5 tone by hectares ? When the world is doing 10 to 12 tons

Just like rice focus on seeds development , get Nigeria maize yeild to at least 8 tons

You plant one hectares with 300k and you get 8 tons ...a ton sales for 150k ...that's 1.2 million if I do 10 hectares that's 9 million profits a year trust me you won't beg people to go into farming

When last did you hear government beg people to go into poultry farming ? Are people not doing it ?

When last did you hear government say we need more cat fish farmers ?

If the conditions are right Nigerians would invest ...it's not by giving loans develop seeds!!!! Been shouting this for 7 years no body is listening

My letter to Peter Obi when he resumes office as president is ready

How to tackle rice price and reposition the Industry ..same for wheat ,same for maize , same for plantain , cassava , sweet potato .... production of sugar using sugar beets that can grow in the middle belt ....pigs farming and species improvement ..

2023 do and come abeg

After doing my reasearch, I discovered that it is possible that Buhari regime deliberately caused the price of price of rice to increase so that more people will venture into rice farming.

In my research, I discovered that 1 hectare (15 plots) of land will give you approximately 50 bags of 50kg bag of rice.
That means after selling your 50 bags of rice, at N5,000 pre 2015, you'll get a meagre sum of N250k from one hectare of land. By the time you add the cost of milling the rice and transportation, your profit must have reduced by a large amount.
So tell me how the Government will be able to convince people to venture into rice farming with that small profit.

Today, a Nigerian made bag of rice sells between 25-30k per 50kg bag of rice. If after farming one hectare and you get 50 bags of rice and sell as low as 25k, you'll make a profit of of N1.250 million. If after milling, repreparing your land for the next planting season, buying new rice seeds for the next planting season and other miscallenous expenses takes even as high as 60% of your original profit, you'll make up to 750k profit from one hectare of rice farm.
Tell me why more people won't venture into rice farming..

Today Nigeria has become the biggest producer of rice in Africa (Go and verify). This is because more people ventured into rice farming because it became more lucrative and profitable.

This was why all other presidents failed in making Nigerians go into farming. Because profits weren't encouraging.

Deny this all you want, but it's the truth. If there's no profit in a business people won't invest inside it.

Most critics will still criticize this and say with more production of rice, the price suppose reduce (law of supply). But if the price reduce, people will stop investing in rice farming again and we'll be back to square zero again.

My one cent
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by mrvitalis(m): 4:31am On Sep 03, 2022
Perfectbeing:

After doing my reasearch, I discovered that it is possible that Buhari regime deliberately caused the price of price of rice to increase so that more people will venture into rice farming.

In my research, I discovered that 1 hectare (15 plots) of land will give you approximately 50 bags of 50kg bag of rice.
That means after selling your 50 bags of rice, at N5,000 pre 2015, you'll get a meagre sum of N250k from one hectare of land. By the time you add the cost of milling the rice and transportation, your profit must have reduced by a large amount.
So tell me how the Government will be able to convince people to venture into rice farming with that small profit.

Today, a Nigerian made bag of rice sells between 25-30k per 50kg bag of rice. If after farming one hectare and you get 50 bags of rice and sell as low as 25k, you'll make a profit of of N1.250 million. If after milling, repreparing your land for the next planting season, buying new rice seeds for the next planting season and other miscallenous expenses takes even as high as 60% of your original profit, you'll make up to 750k profit from one hectare of rice farm.
Tell me why more people won't venture into rice farming..

Today Nigeria has become the biggest producer of rice in Africa (Go and verify). This is because more people ventured into rice farming because it became more lucrative and profitable.

This was why all other presidents failed in making Nigerians go into farming. Because profits weren't encouraging.

Deny this all you want, but it's the truth. If there's no profit in a business people won't invest inside it.

Most critics will still criticize this and say with more production of rice, the price suppose reduce (law of supply). But if the price reduce, people will stop investing in rice farming again and we'll be back to square zero again.

My one cent
That's stupidity because with improved seeds 1 hectares can give 250 bags twice a year that's 500 bags
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Perfectbeing(m): 1:31am On Sep 04, 2022
mrvitalis:

That's stupidity because with improved seeds 1 hectares can give 250 bags twice a year that's 500 bags
And who told you they didn't get improved, quality rice seeds?
You guys will not research. Only to criticize.

How then the Nigeria overtake Egypt and other African rice producers as the highest producer of rice if quality/improved rice seeds (as well as more farmer's) didn't come on board?

https://guardian.ng/features/agro-care/fg-japan-support-150-farmers-with-rice-seeds-inputs/
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by mrvitalis(m): 5:41am On Sep 04, 2022
Perfectbeing:
And who told you they didn't get improved, quality rice seeds?
You guys will not research. Only to criticize.

How then the Nigeria overtake Egypt and other African rice producers as the highest producer of rice if quality/improved rice seeds (as well as more farmer's) didn't come on board?

https://guardian.ng/features/agro-care/fg-japan-support-150-farmers-with-rice-seeds-inputs/
Did I tell you we don't have quality seeds ? The availability is the issue....99% of Nigerian farmers us unimproved seeds even olam group

Nigeria planted 1.7 million hectares of rice got 6 million tons ...China did 2.2 million and got 105 million tons ...if u still can't see the problem I can't help you

Invest in rice farming then come back let's talk
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Perfectbeing(m): 3:39am On Sep 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

Did I tell you we don't have quality seeds ? The availability is the issue....99% of Nigerian farmers us unimproved seeds even olam group

Nigeria planted 1.7 million hectares of rice got 6 million tons ...China did 2.2 million and got 105 million tons ...if u still can't see the problem I can't help you

Guy can you stop lying? Haba!
How would you say 99% of rice farmers use unimproved seedlings?
Then how come are there now more rice farmers in Nigeria now more than ever? Even today more foreigners are investing in rice farming more than ever. Go to Kano and see for yourself. How come has our rice production increase drastically that we're now the highest producer of rice in Africa, over taking Egypt?
Isn't it obvious that something made more people including foreign agro companies invest in rice farming in Nigeria?

Imagine lying that even Olam (the owner of the biggest rice farm in Nigeria uses unimproved rice seedlings) one doesn't have to guess which politician you're supporting with the way you lie to the teeth.

See how Government is supporting people with improved rice seeds here

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/agriculture/436612-how-nigerian-govt-distributed-rice-seeds-to-companies-in-2020.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guardian.ng/features/agro-care/fg-japan-support-150-farmers-with-rice-seeds-inputs/&ved=2ahUKEwiz4prlzPz5AhXVVDUKHX-ZD7UQFnoECDAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0N3lCbMsAJqMDwmOlc7vRS

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailytrust.com/nigerian-farmers-get-new-hybrid-rice-variety-with-over-25-yield-advantage&ved=2ahUKEwiz4prlzPz5AhXVVDUKHX-ZD7UQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw20EsJWw_chSqeUIC-kzzFO
Re: Nigeria Maize Output To Rise With CBN Anchor Borrowers Loan Programme by Perfectbeing(m): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

Also I don't need to invest in rice farming to know it is lucrative. I have seen with my eyes and heard with my ears on how lucrative rice farming is.
Same way I haven't invest in poultry farming even though it is very lucrative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will Happen If You Eat Animal Bitten By A Snake / The Plantain City Project Ogun State / The Truth About Cocoa Farming in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.