Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" (25531 Views)

Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures / Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions / U.S. Colonial Pipeline Pays N2.043b In Ransom To Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by bigpicture001: 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ochys87:

Russia already said they won't sell gas to those that follows d price cap. There is china, india and other asia countries buying Russia gas at discounted price, OK

U don't get it... If no one buys ur gas.. and u depends on revenue from the sale of that gas.. if u must sell it... Is it not at any price the few buyers demand that u MUST sell it..?

China and India abandoned sauidi gas and oil and went for RUssia oil and gas.... Because Russia is stranded with it and will sell at any price... That's why dey buy aat discounted prices

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Kobicove(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
fxexperts:
You guys do not research before you choose to ash your country left right center. I bet you all do not know the Russia invasion of Ukraine has been planned over 2 - 3 years ago, and it is not what you see. The west knew it will happen but maybe they didn't believe it will be too soon.

The west have put plans in place about 2 years ago to get ride of Russian gas and crude and Nigeria/Africa is their chosen supplier. Project have been started since 2020 to deliver gas to Europe from Nigeria through Morocco and other African countries. Research the Trans-Nigeria Gas Pipeline (TNGP) and the AKK project, then you will know we have been positioning ourselves with the help of the west to supply gas to Europe before your beloved Putin decided to invade Ukraine knowing fully well he is about to become irrelevant in world affairs'. if he looses his biggest gas market.
If you guys read news and do your research then you will know this. But most Nigerians do not read. And you think the west is responsible for the terrorisms in Africa. You all are wrong. Russia is responsible for worlds global terrorism.

Don't mind them. They are all kids, deceiving themselves. Jokers. They don't know what they want.

Pally go and take a chill pill, there is no law which says that Nigeria must only supply gas to Europe through a gas pipeline.

Nigeria through NLNG has over 7 LNG ships which can be used to deliver gas; in the event that they're not available we can hire several Q class LNG ships from Qatar or Korea to deliver the gas.

The problem is that Nigeria's gas infrastructure is not even fully developed, the little we have is being blown up by militants in the Niger delta creeks.

For your info Nigeria is sitting on about 190 tcf of gas which is one of the largest in the world...to put that in perspective the crude oil Nigeria is producing can be regarded as a by-product of gas cos our gas reserves dwarfs our oil reserves by far.

You wey dey read news I'm sure you didn't know all these till now!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by fxexperts: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
t2luv1:

By the way who said the project is Nigerians? Funding is being provided by companies in other countries along with logistics and you turn around and said it is your project. Partner, when you buy a house and still pay the mortgage on the house, that house is not yet yours, That is why the lender makes sure you have insurance on the house so as to protect their investment. The same thing with huge investments like this that costs Billions. I got news for you if ever is a civil war in Nigeria you can bet your last dollar that the US will deploy Navy ships to Nigeria to make sure nothing ever happens to the flow of Crude oil. You can kill each other for all they care but that oil must continue to flow.

I didn't say the project is Nigerians. I know it is been funded by European companies. After all The Nigerian government was okay with the gas been flared all these years, it is only when the Europeans had interest in it and wanted to get off Russian gas they decided to fund it. it is left for our government to demand a fair deal from the European companies, but i am sure the made a horrible deal as a lot of us do not know what is in it for our country. And that is mostly because we do not hold our so called accountable, they are supposes to inform us about the full details of the deal they are signing with these foreign companies. I remember recently when some few Nigerians raised concern about the Chinese loan for infrastructure some time ago, as to how the Chinese government will waive our sovereignty a seize any of our asset in case we default on the loan payment, the government through the minister ameachi came forward to divert our attention and never gave details about the deal whether it is true or false and we all got distracted and forgot about the main issue then, until we later found at we are trapped when these set of evil leader are no longer around, then our eyes will become clear.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by LogicnReason: 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
That's right, there are poor household everywhere, but that's not the same thing as when people think vaguely that "nepa go cease light" for Europe, its very funny when you ear people in Nigeria talking like that. And I am not downplay it. I gave an example with myself. And I live here and know how people shout if the cost of things increase by even €2. So someone in Africa will see it and think people here are suffering
maasoap:

I don't think Europeans will freeze but reduce the level at which you downplay everything. Even without Russia/Ukraine war, we knew that some households even in USA sometimes found it difficult to afford warming their house properly due financial constraints

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Melagros(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Alexas58:
Putin has held them by the balls!
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by t2luv1: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
maasoap:

I like people who know what they are saying.

Side note: America and Europe shouldn't have pushed Russia to the wall, they didn't believe that Putin had liver.

Here is the truth America knows that China with all the noise they are making will never invade Taiwan. Why !!! because China is an export dependent country. America thought the same about Russia. When Russia warned that accepting Ukraine into NATO is a red line that mustn't be crossed we thought they were just making noise. Well it turned out they weren't the problem now is finding a face-saving way out of this mess. US was already pivoting towards Asia as the next conflict area. We need to find a way to end this conflict fast. I am looking toward the G27 meeting in Malaysia in October Biden Putin and Xi will be attending I expect something to happen. Ukraine will be thrown under the bus. Russia will be allowed to keep some territories they have conquered and some pittance of territory will be given back to Ukraine. Assurance will then be given to Russia not to allow Ukraine into NATO, also included will be not to station nuclear weapons in Finland and Sweden even if they are in NATO. Ukraine is small potato in the grand scheme of things JAPAN is main straw.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by fxexperts: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobicove:

Pally go and take a chill pill, there is no law which says that Nigeria must only supply gas to Europe through a gas pipeline.

Nigeria through NLNG has over 7 LNG ships which can be used to deliver gas; in the event that they're not available we can hire several Q class LNG ships from Qatar or Korea to deliver the gas.

The problem is that Nigeria's gas infrastructure is not even fully developed, the little we have is being blown up by militants in the Niger delta creeks.

For you info Nigeria is sitting on about 190 tcf of gas which is one of the largest in the world...to put that in perspective the crude oil Nigeria is producing can be regarded as a by-product of gas cos our gas reserves dwarfs our oil reserves by far.

There is very little you can tell me about the energy industry in Nigeria that I don't already know!

And you think I do not know that we supply gas to Europe through LNG ship. Mind you i have worked with the NLNG before and I know all about the LNG fleet the have supplying gas to Europe from Nigeria. And you think transporting LNG through the sea by ship will make the gas cheap. Mind you they are complain for the product been expensive now and and they want to make it cheap. Do you think it will be cheaper suppling gas by ship or through pipelines. Answer. Even the NLNG you so boost of was built by a British company Shell.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by t2luv1: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
fxexperts:
I didn't say the project is Nigerians. I know it is been funded by European companies. After all The Nigerian government was okay with the gas been flared all these years, it is only when the Europeans had interest in it and wanted to get off Russian gas they decided to fund it. it is left for our government to demand a fair deal from the European companies, but i am sure the made a horrible deal as a lot of us do not know what is in it for our country. And that is mostly because we do not hold our so called accountable, they are supposes to inform us about the full details of the deal they are signing with these foreign companies. I remember recently when some few Nigerians raised concern about the Chinese loan for infrastructure some time ago, as to how the Chinese government will waive our sovereignty a seize any of our asset in case we default on the loan payment, the government through the minister ameachi came forward to divert our attention and never gave details about the deal whether it is true or false and we all got distracted and forgot about the main issue then, until we later found at we are trapped when these set of evil leader are no longer around, then our eyes will become clear.

Rest assured whatever deal is struck will need the State Department's sign-off. With that sign off comes congress oversight. Nigeria's interest will be protected and amicable compensation will be given. If not the print press will expose the whole thing. One thing most big Companies try to avoid is picking a fight with people that buy ink by the barrels.
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by newdawn2017(f): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
obedience4:

High cost of living is everywhere not peculiar to the west, the world is still recovering from a pandemic..
Do Nigeria import gas from Russia. Is there not high cost of living in Nigeria..
Worry about your country and let the west take care of its citizens
vote Sowore for our liberation come 2023.
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by newdawn2017(f): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
Firstcitizen:

Lol. They won't though. They have enough nuclear power to heat up homes via electric heating.

Emergency procedures will include large office complexes shut down so workers can work from home.

It's their factories and economy that will suffer. Nobody will freeze. Europe too solid sha.
It's the Ukrainians that will freeze and that is why they are bursting their veins with mouths dripping saliva over the large nuclear plant Russia seized. If the power gets cut during winter its game over for Ukraine.

Nevertheless WINTER IS COMING grin
God bless mother Russia

3 Likes

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by pquaver(m): 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
Europe naa stupid continent ooo, their leaders are more stupid than our darling BUBU. grin

Why allow devilish Amerika to turn you against your brothers and neighbors? angry

Can't they use their brain? Until when will Europe stop functioning as an American colony angry

Why are u wailing on behalf of Europe? The have been through wars and know a mad man when the see one. It is the price to pay to keep a mad man in check.. Russia should simply withdraw from Ukraine simple..

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Sestor1313(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good for them atleast, since they hate anything Russian, they should hate its oil and gas as well.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by sukkot: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
Europe naa stupid continent ooo, their leaders are more stupid than our darling BUBU. grin

Why allow devilish Amerika to turn you against your brothers and neighbors? angry

Can't they use their brain? Until when will Europe stop functioning as an American colony angry
the muscle that keeps europe in power is america so despite knowing that america would be their downfall yet they have no choice but to ride and die with america
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Grandemperor(m): 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
The Winter, Russia's General January and General February at the behest of Czar Putin:

The invasion of Russia
demonstrates the importance
of logistics in military
planning. Napoleon and the
Grande Armée developed a
proclivity for living off the land that served them well in
the densely populated and
agriculturally rich central
Europe with its network of
roads. Rapid forced marches
dazed and confused old order Austrian and Prussian armies
and made foraging difficult. In
Russia, many of the Grande
Armée’s methods of
operation did not work and
they were handicapped by the lack of winter horse shoes,
which made it impossible for
the horses to obtain traction
on snow and ice. Forced
marches often left troops
without supplies as the wagons struggled to keep
up. Lack of food and water in
thinly populated,
agriculturally sparse regions
led to the death of troops by
exposing them to waterborne diseases through drinking
from mud puddles and eating
rotten food and forage. The
front of the army received
whatever could be provided
while the formations behind starved. In fact, starvation,
desertion, typhus, and suicide
would cost the French Army
more men than all the battles
of the Russian invasion
combined. Following the campaign, a saying arose that
the Generals Janvier and
Février (January and
February) defeated Napoleon,
alluding to the Russian Winter.
While the harsh weather was an important factor in the final
defeat of the French Army,
historians point out that most
French losses took place
before the winter and the
common narrative that identified the extremely cold
weather as the main reason
behind the French loss is a
myth (perpetuated also by
Napoleon’s advisers).

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by sukkot: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

That's if Europeans are ready to go back to the cave. Cause the era you are talking about was the era when they were living in cave grin
hmm hmm hmm

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
jimetagambo:
Okay. Na dere wahala.

To the prophets of doom posting Europe will freeze, well Europe is not Africa where we have useless, corrupt and daft leaders.

Europe has a wide range of energy mix. They will make use of different energy mix like coal, nuclear power and even stored gas. Ukraine/Russia war wont last forever as well.

Their storage doesn't mean their demand for winter.

Russia won't destroy Europe or anything, but they can make them sweat.

Only trees don't retaliate when you cut them.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by msrcusgarvey6(m): 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
They can't slave for anyone but I can with gratitude
LogicnReason:
So many jokers in here, people wey never smell western world. You look really silly when you speak about what you don't know. Let me burst your bubble, when you see people complaining in Europe about increase in energy bills, it's actually a scratch on their pay check. With all the noise and protests you hear and see on the news, nothing dey happen o. Like for me, the difference in my weekly fuel expenditure between February (when the war started) and today is just €5. And for a white dude, this €5 increase na extremely big deal. Not because they can't afford it, but they react extremely to the slightest inconvenience.
So, for those of you shining big teeth hoping that Europe will freeze this winter, if you think one home in Europe will go dark due to power outage for even a moment, the joke is on you o bros.
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by sukkot: 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
fredoooooo:
Na war i cant be feeding you and you're fighting me
its like the biaran war. you fighting me and am feeding you. so naija cut the food supply to the east
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Reflect7: 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
Zimzy:
For those who have been saying Europe cannot survive without Russian gas, the gas is presently not flowing from Russia, let us watch and see how Europe will die or crash because of the stop of Russian gas. No single nation has absolute monopoly of anything. Europe must have planned for this a long time ago even before the war in Ukraine.

WILL YOU SHUT UP. ''EUROPE MUST HAVE PLANNED FOR''. HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY PLANNED FOR ANYTHING? MUMU. OYIBO WORSHIPER WITH NO BRAIN.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by sukkot: 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
LogicnReason:
So many jokers in here, people wey never smell western world. You look really silly when you speak about what you don't know. Let me burst your bubble, when you see people complaining in Europe about increase in energy bills, it's actually a scratch on their pay check. With all the noise and protests you hear and see on the news, nothing dey happen o. Like for me, the difference in my weekly fuel expenditure between February (when the war started) and today is just €5. And for a white dude, this €5 increase na extremely big deal. Not because they can't afford it, but they react extremely to the slightest inconvenience.
So, for those of you shining big teeth hoping that Europe will freeze this winter, if you think one home in Europe will go dark due to power outage for even a moment, the joke is on you o bros.
the joke is on you. its not homes, its industries collapsing
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by fredoooooo: 12:19am On Sep 03, 2022
sukkot:
its like the biaran war. you fighting me and am feeding you. so naija cut the food supply to the east
Who does that? it's called war ... I can't feed you to kill me .. So it's legal ..
Common sense 101

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by gnykelly(m): 12:56am On Sep 03, 2022
Firstcitizen:

Lol. They won't though. They have enough nuclear power to heat up homes via electric heating.

Emergency procedures will include large office complexes shut down so workers can work from home.

It's their factories and economy that will suffer. Nobody will freeze. Europe too solid sha.
It's the Ukrainians that will freeze and that is why they are bursting their veins with mouths dripping saliva over the large nuclear plant Russia seized. If the power gets cut during winter its game over for Ukraine.

Nevertheless WINTER IS COMING grin

It's not about winter cold. The benefits of. Russia oil and gas to Europe is the pricing. They buy cheaper than market price that makes their products competitive. With the current frenzy, the energy prices will be like like Nigeria, their income will not be able to pay their cost of living.

The coming months will be very dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Armaggedon: 1:04am On Sep 03, 2022
t2luv1:

Nigeria has the 9th largest natural Gas Reserves in the world. Some consortium of US energy companies are already planning how to construct 4000 kilometers pipelines from Nigeria all the way to link up with Algeria's current pipelines going into Spain. I read that in Wall Street article. The main hold up appears to be political stabilities in some countries. Right now the Fifth fleet is based in Qatar and UAE, a similar Navy presence will have to be developed to guide against saboteurs in some African Country.

I hope the gas you're bragging about is the one in your Papa compound and not the one in Igboland. Anybody entering any part of Igbo land for gas that he doesn't know how it got there will not live to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Caseless: 4:37am On Sep 03, 2022
jimetagambo:
Okay. Na dere wahala.

To the prophets of doom posting Europe will freeze, well Europe is not Africa where we have useless, corrupt and daft leaders.

Europe has a wide range of energy mix. They will make use of different energy mix like coal, nuclear power and even stored gas. Ukraine/Russia war wont last forever as well.

isn't this a contradiction of what we see? They're cutting energy use and manufacturing is down in Europe biggest economy. They're deceiving themselves in Germany.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Firstcitizen: 6:34am On Sep 03, 2022
gnykelly:

It's not about winter cold. The benefits of. Russia oil and gas to Europe is the pricing. They buy cheaper than market price that makes their products competitive. With the current frenzy, the energy prices will be like like Nigeria, their income will not be able to pay their cost of living.

The coming months will be very dangerous.

You are very wrong. A country like the UK just announced monthly grants for each household to cover the high cost of living and energy bills. They did same during the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by gnykelly(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Firstcitizen:

You are very wrong. A country like the UK just announced monthly grants for each household to cover the high cost of living and energy bills. They did same during the pandemic.

It's not sustainable. Just like fuel subsidy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Lovenorth: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2022
Europe is a very useless continent
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2022
angry angry Russia has finally weaponize their gas supply ..just yesterday I was hoping the Eur would raise it neck up against parity with the USD .... This nonsense would fast track Europe sourcing for alternatives like Hydrogen to generate Power ....Russia should be careful,, you are not only fighting Europe this way but the entire globe because this bring instability into the market ...Makes a fool of all fundamental and technical analysis.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by lagosrd: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2022
EU should get involved in Nigerian politics now and ensure they help bring in a sensible person as a president otherwise, kleptomaniac will hijack the system again.

The moment Nigeria gets a good leadership, EU can call the bluff of Russia cos Nigeria can feed the EU foe years if properly harnessed.

Crude Oil .... We have it
Natural gas... We have it
Butimen.... We have it
Coal ........ We have it
Tin ..... ..... We have it
Colbat.... We have it

Palmoil........... We have it
Cassava / ethanol..... We have it

It's a rare opportunity to stay alive in Europe and build a prosperous Africa and Nigeria.
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by JJBROS(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2022
Kobicove:
This should have been a good opportunity for Nigeria to make serious money... unfortunately most African countries including Nigeria are confused! angry

Exactly my thoughts!
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by firstratedcitiz(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2022
This was major global news a few days back. Why is it making the headlines now?
Re: Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2022
t2luv1:

By the way who said the project is Nigerians? Funding is being provided by companies in other countries along with logistics and you turn around and said it is your project. Partner, when you buy a house and still pay the mortgage on the house, that house is not yet yours, That is why the lender makes sure you have insurance on the house so as to protect their investment. The same thing with huge investments like this that costs Billions. I got news for you if ever is a civil war in Nigeria you can bet your last dollar that the US will deploy Navy ships to Nigeria to make sure nothing ever happens to the flow of Crude oil. You can kill each other for all they care but that oil must continue to flow.

Lol. Your comments are just plain ridiculous. You keep repeating US navy as if they're God's right wing men. Relax man. Slavery ended long ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Auchan Says Leaving Russia Over Ukrainian Crisis Is Unhumane And Unfair To Staff / Gunfire And Explosions At Moscow Concert Hall In Russia / Haiti Prime Minister, Ariel Henry Survives Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.