Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Thread of my two beautiful noilers. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thread of my two beautiful noilers. (3903 Views)

Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (broilers, Noilers,turkey) Online In Nigeria. / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
Maxitomxane:
She dropped the fifth egg this Morning. grin I'm not giving layer feed to her yet, just home scraps + grower feed(I add broken egg shells to it since egg shells are calcium fortified). wink

She has laid a total of 7 eggs now, two were soft shelled eggs cry and have been disposed.

Congrats

Well, your noiler will do just fine without layer feed. The home scraps and she scavenging for food herself is way to go. Fortifying her feeds with excessive calcium could be detrimental to the hatching of egg; when the shell becomes to hard for the chick to break out.

All the same, when should we begin our 21 days countdown. Can't wait to meet the latest chicks from your noilers. (By the way, hope she has a name ? grin )

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ryan03:
happy for you o. Guess it's your personal space cause where I stay, you have to keep your birds in a cage (that's if the landlord even agrees). I bought two 4 weeks old poult and one died after 3 days. It was really painful, I am still managing the other one. As if that's not enough, I bought two point of lay ducks and one male duck. One female and one male dies of disease I don't even understand. They just start twisting their neck, flap their wings, stretch and died. What did I do wrong? I just tire

Thank you Ma.

I let them out of the cage after i feed them, but i don't leave them to move around the compound(A big compound though) especially to other Neighbors' spaces. I just feed them then , let them out of the gate to enjoy some greens in the environment till Afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your poults and ducks. cry I'd suggest you fumigate the cage before you bring in another set of birds.
From what you described, i think the disease is Newcastle.

4 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
jidestroud:

Congrats

Well, your noiler will do just fine without layer feed. The home scraps and she scavenging for food herself is way to go. Fortifying her feeds with excessive calcium could be detrimental to the hatching of egg; when the shell becomes to hard for the chick to break out.

All the same, when should we begin our 21 days countdown. Can't wait to meet the latest chicks from your noilers. (By the way, hope she has a name ? grin )

Okay Sir, Noted, I won't add too much egg shells to her feed.
grin grin Yes, her name is Mrs Dots grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
The young foragers vs the grown up mechanic chickens grin ...

They had a charcoal bath instead of the regular dust bath. smiley
They decided to get dirty after i called them beautiful chickens undecided...

Third picture - Feeding Mrs Dots with cacium(Egg shells) wink fortified feed after laying.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2022
Good Morning Guys...
Happy new Week.

I have 8 eggs so far. grin (No layer feed yet)
She has laid 11 eggs so far, 2 were soft shelled and 1 got broken day before yesterday because i locked the hen in the cage with the eggs before i went to church. It probably wanted to leave the cage, breaking an egg in the process cry.

At least i have 8 eggs now, the rooster has been doing his job very efficiently.
Servicing Morning, Afternoon and Evening almost 7 times a day grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Liron: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2022
pls picture of the rooster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by kripen(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2022
Maxitomxane:
Good Morning Guys...
Happy new Week.

I have 8 eggs so far. grin (No layer feed yet)
She has laid 11 eggs so far, 2 were soft shelled and 1 got broken day before yesterday because i locked the hen in the cage with the eggs before i went to church. It probably wanted to leave the cage, breaking an egg in the process cry.

At least i have 8 eggs now, the rooster has been doing his job very efficiently.
Servicing Morning, Afternoon and Evening almost 7 times a day grin

That's the work of these roosters, their mating is second to none.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Liron:
pls picture of the rooster.

Alright, I present the face of Mr Bend down Collect to you grin grin...(Drums roll)

3 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
kripen:

That's the work of these roosters, their mating is second to none.

I'm telling you, they are very protective of their hens.
I wish i bought 3 hens sef. grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Ryan03(f): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Thank you Ma.

I let them out of the cage after i feed them, but i don't leave them to move around the compound(A big compound though) especially to other Neighbors' spaces. I just feed them then , let them out of the gate to enjoy some greens in the environment till Afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your poults and ducks. cry I'd suggest you fumigate the cage before you bring in another set of birds.
From what you described, i think the disease is Newcastle.
oooh! Thank you so much, the female poult and female duck are doing well now, let me just watch them grow for now

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2022
Ryan03:
oooh! Thank you so much, the female poult and female duck are doing well now, let me just watch them grow for now

Lovely, Hope they grow into big Ducks grin.
You can post their pictures o grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by verminnel(f): 7:00am On Dec 24, 2022
Do noiler hatch their eggs?
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2022
verminnel:
Do noiler hatch their eggs?

That's the purpose of this thread.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2022
Sad news, the male chicken fell sick on 23rd November, I had to do the needful on 24th to prevent it from losing weight, Afterall we are in a festive period. embarassed
The rooster still mated the hen on 23rd so chances are the eggs that will be laid by the hen for the next 10days will still be fertile.( I rd this on Google). grin

As of today, the hen has laid 14 eggs (17 eggs in total). I thought she would stop at 12 being the regular clutch size. smiley
If there are any more eggs, i think it should not exceed this week before she lays them. undecided

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2022
That's the disadvantage of letting your Noilers scavenge for food.
Especially scavenging outside your environs coz you don't know what they might peck at. lipsrsealed

Attached below is the picture of the nest, please does anyone in the house know the average clutch size of a noiler?

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Maxitomxane:
That's the disadvantage of letting your Noilers scavenge for food.
Especially scavenging outside your environs coz you don't know what they might peck at. lipsrsealed

Attached below is the picture of the nest, please does anyone in the house know the average clutch size of a noiler?

It's best you start taking out the eggs. I hope you don't think the noiler is planing to go into brooding state anytime soon grin. It could continue like that forever, laying and never kicking into brooding state Oooo!

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
jidestroud:

It's best you start taking out the eggs. I hope you don't think the noiler is planing to go into brooding state anytime soon grin. It could continue like that forever, laying and never kicking into brooding state Oooo!

Be like i will have to force it. sad angry...

It wants to waste 14 fertile eggs... No way angry
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2022
undecidedSo far, the hen has laid 18 eggs... It just sits on the eggs for few minutes before another egg is laid.
No sign of broody behaviour yet.

My Conclusion : Noilers are not bred to be broody. sad.

My Decision: 1) Eat the eggs, 2)Get an incubator (I have no access to one), 3)Take the eggs to the hatchery (Quite Feasible, But i don't know how much will be charged per egg for 21days) and 4) Get a local hen.

How much does a local hen cost? Will the local hen go broody immediately i introduce it to the egggs?

How much does it cost to incubate eggs in an hatchery?

Over to the Bosses in the house.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by IamAsiri: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
jidestroud:

Boss! Please, 2 of my female local turkeys laid eggs on the same spot and they have both been sitting on them for over a week now (not eating or anything cry). Will the eggs possibly hatch since I got a male turkey to fertilize their eggs?
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
IamAsiri:

Boss! Please, 2 of my female local turkeys laid eggs on the same spot and they have both been sitting on them for over a week now (not eating or anything cry). Will the eggs possibly hatch since I got a male turkey to fertilize their eggs?

Sure they will. Turkeys are notorious for such acts, but as long as the spot they are laying is okay, you are good to go.

Complements of the season. Good to hear from you.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Maxitomxane:
undecidedSo far, the hen has laid 18 eggs... It just sits on the eggs for few minutes before another egg is laid.

My Decision: 1) Eat the eggs, 2)Get an incubator (I have no access to one), 3)Take the eggs to the hatchery (Quite Feasible, But i don't know how much will be charged per egg for 21days) and 4) Get a local hen.

How much does a local hen cost? Will the local hen go broody immediately i introduce it to the egggs?

The last time I used Obasanjo's farm it was N60 per egg.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by IamAsiri: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
jidestroud:

Sure they will. Turkeys are notorious for such acts, but as long as the spot they are laying is okay, you are good to go.

Complements of the season. Good to hear from you.

Thank you so much for your answer. Compliments of the season to you too sir smiley. Regards to your family including your cat grin.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by taiwoowiat: 4:35am On Dec 30, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Good job Op.
Noiler used to cover and hach the eggs, but you have to introduce her to free range as early as possible (8 weeks) to behave like local hen. I have a noiler that do hach.

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2022
taiwoowiat:

Good job Op.
Noiler used to cover and hach the eggs, but you have to introduce her to free range as early as possible (8 weeks) to behave like local hen. I have a noiler that do hach.

Thanks Boss, Maybe I'll wait till monday.
I let the noilers start free ranging at about 10 weeks of age.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2022
jidestroud:

The last time I used Obasanjo's farm it was N60 per egg.

Lemme assume #100 per egg now.
So for 15 eggs it will be #1500...

Was the #60 per egg daily, weekly or one time payment for 21 days?
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2022
IamAsiri:

Thank you so much for your answer. Compliments of the season to you too sir smiley. Regards to your family including your cat grin.

This one everyone is owning a cat nowadays ehn, shey i no go buy my own feline too bayi? grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Lemme assume #100 per egg now.
So for 15 eggs it will be #1500...

Was the #60 per egg daily, weekly or one time payment for 21 days?

The N60 is charged per egg for the duration of your incubation period. A dare is given for you to come back. So for 15 eggs, that would be 1500 for the entire duration.

Note: I think the last time I used them, there is also a minimum crate you can take there. Only turkey eggs are accepted in that number.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Good News Guys!
It seems my Noiler has gone broody.
She entered her coop around 10 o'clock this morning and hasn't come out since then.
grin grin grin grin...
Keeping my fingers crossed grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Maxitomxane:
Good News Guys!
It seems my Noiler has gone broody.
She entered her coop around 10 o'clock this morning and hasn't come out since then.
grin grin grin grin...
Keeping my fingers crossed grin

The hen just laid another egg now and ran outside. lipsrsealed... This chicken sef cry
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
Could hot and dry weather prevent a chicken from incubating for long?

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Liron: 6:56am On Jan 01, 2023
Maxitomxane:

The hen just laid another egg now and ran outside. lipsrsealed... This chicken sef cry
Anyrime she is sleeping on the eggs again use a basket to cover her for atleat 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Liron:
Anyrime she is sleeping on the eggs again use a basket to cover her for atleat 24 hours.
okay Boss... Nice idea, I'll try it.

I didn't use basket to cover her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Maize Farm (small Scale) / Why Snail Farm Is D Best Among Livestock Feasibility / Hydroponic Fodder (call Us And Book Today)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.