Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Thread of my two beautiful noilers. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thread of my two beautiful noilers. (3904 Views)

Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (broilers, Noilers,turkey) Online In Nigeria. / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy New Year Guys!
May this year bear much good fruit for us all. grin

What is a fulani goloba chicken?
Pictures please, Google aint doing justice.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
I've been looking for that breed for about 2 years now and all I've come across aren't the real Fulani/Goloba breed

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Liron: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2023
maxitomxane any update?

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2023
Liron:
maxitomxane any update?

Yes Boss, After laying 24 eggs, the hen started incubating yesterday evening.
She dropped the last egg day before Yesterday.
Noilers can go broody!

Factors to encourage them to go broody

1) Encourage foraging as early as 8 - 12 weeks.

2) Don't lock them up in a cage for long hours, let them have access to sunlight and a natural environment

3)Buy a minimum of a pair, chickens are social creatures, being alone will not make them so lively.

4)When you notice the hen has reached 4 - 5 months , watch out for the egg-song, where she lays her first egg,she would likely lay the rest.

You wouldn't want her to lay the eggs where you won't be able to have access to.

5) Supplement their feed with commercial feed, it'll make them come out better.

6)Be patient with your Noiler when she begins to lay, i thought once she begins to lay,she starts incubation. I was wrong , a chicken only starts incubation when she lays the last egg - thanks to my Dad for explaining stuff to me grin.
Even layers have a break.

7)You may also decide to feed your Noiler with layer feed to supplement calcium in her body for eggs with well formed shells.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2023
sodeeqsulaimon88:
I've been looking for that breed for about 2 years now and all I've come across aren't the real Fulani/Goloba breed

I'll post a picture of chickens today.
I think they are fulani chickens.

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Liron: 6:53am On Jan 07, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Noilers can go broody!

2) Don't lock them up in a cage for long hours, let them have access to sunlight and a natural environment

3)Buy a minimum of a pair, chickens are social creatures, being alone will not make them so lively.

4)When you notice the hen has reached 4 - 5 months , watch out for the egg-song, where she lays her first egg,she would likely lay the rest.

You wouldn't want her to lay the eggs where you won't be able to have access to.

6)Be patient with your Noiler when she begins to lay, i thought once she begins to lay,she starts incubation. I was wrong , a chicken only starts incubation when she lays the last egg - thanks to my Dad for explaining stuff to me grin.

7)You may also decide to feed your Noiler with layer feed to supplement calcium in her body for eggs with well formed shells.
nice

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Ade3131: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Maxitomxane:

I'll post a picture of chickens today.
I think they are fulani chickens.

If that picture is anything to go by, I can confirm to you that those are not Fulani chicken. They're usually very tall and big. You'd notice their unusual hight and body mas. Although not in anyway or form as massive as boilers but they compete well with slightly above average sized Kroiler birds.

Their main advantage over Kroiler or noiler is their decease resistance just like our normal locals.

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ade3131:

If that picture is anything to go by, I can confirm to you that those are not Fulani chicken. They're usually very tall and big. You'd notice their unusual hight and body mas. Although not in anyway or form as massive as boilers but they compete well with slightly above average sized Kroiler birds.

Their main advantage over Kroiler or noiler is their decease resistance just like our normal locals.

Wow, i thought these were fulani hens, being in ilorin grin...
So a fulani chicken is as tall as a kuroiler, that's nice!
Well, almost all their animals are tall here, their local dogs and goats are quite tall too.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Ade3131: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Wow, i thought these were fulani hens, being in ilorin grin...
So a fulani chicken is as tall as a kuroiler, that's nice!
Well, almost all their animals are tall here, their local dogs and goats are quite tall too.

Smiles.... I'm from kwara State myself so I can relate. Go to their local market and tell them you want to buy adiye gaa... That's what they call it.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ade3131:

Smiles.... I'm from kwara State myself so I can relate. Go to their local market and tell them you want to buy adiye gaa... That's what they call it.

Adiye gaa asin (tall chicken) in yoruba grin

I'm not from ilorin oo..
I only school here grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Ade3131: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Adiye gaa asin (tall chicken) in yoruba grin

I'm not from ilorin oo..
I only school here grin

Gaá as in Fulani settlement... Like how they'll say Gaa Imam

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ade3131:

Gaá as in Fulani settlement... Like how they'll say Gaa Imam

Ohhh grin grin... Don't mind me grin

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by verminnel(f): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Did ur noiler hatch her eggs?

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Hatesin: 5:33am On Jan 20, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Noilers can go broody!

Do they hatch their eggs?
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by rainmoredays: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Noilers can go broody!

You just wanna those eggs.
My noiler once laid 22 eggs and I allowed her sit on all.
Bottom line, she hatched only 7.
Next time, if you don't wanna use the incubator, take some out for eating

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by verminnel(f): 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
rainmoredays:
My boiler once laid 22 eggs and I allowed her sit on all.
do noilers really hatch their eggs? Mine has a total of 10eggs in the cage i dont know if she will hatch them
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by rainmoredays: 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
verminnel:
do noilers really hatch their eggs? Mine has a total of 10eggs in the cage i dont know if she will hatch them
yes they do, but their mothering skill is next to zero.
If you can get a local fowl to do the job for you, BETTER ==>
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by verminnel(f): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
rainmoredays:
yes they do, but their mothering skill is next to zero.
If you can get a local fowl to do the job for you, BETTER ==>
okay dear thanks for your reply
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
rainmoredays:
My noiler once laid 22 eggs and I allowed her sit on all.

cry cry Hey guys, Hope you've all been good?
I've been so busy with schoolwork i completely forgot about this thread cry...
Well, my Noiler went broody and sat on the eggs for about two weeks before my sister found it abruptly stopped sitting on them.
The Noiler was later killed after 2 days because it was not so active again, due to reasons unknown...
I believe it was either the cold weather(Harmattan) at night or Loneliness, as chickens are social creatures.

In short, the eggs developed a blood ring, I candled them...
I have decided to get more noilers this year and the Fulani chicken called Adiye Gaa from ilorin.

Thanks to all my bosses for engaging this thread.

Unfortunately, I wasn't around to taste it. cheesy

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by rainmoredays: 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Chai, all the best man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hydroponic Fodder (call Us And Book Today) / Why Snail Farm Is D Best Among Livestock Feasibility / Healthy Guinea Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.