Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. (39421 Views)

Who Remembers These Vintage Nigerian Comics - Terror Muda & Kaptain Afrika? / Please Where Do I Find This Novel Online / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by KingMack(m): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

The man who spent 28 years of his life in an isolated island, survived and lived a quiet life with animal's and cannibals. ..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_Crusoe

U get am for pdf

Please move to front page let's know the senior men/ladies on this group.

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Lifeiseazi: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
Demigod22:

Yes, reading is an exciting hobby. It keeps me well informed, entertained. I am always ahead of others when having scholarly discussions and it makes me versatile too.

Harry Potter is a great book, I read it and I also watched the movies.

Books like Native Son by Richard Wright, How Europe Underdevelop Africa by Roodney, Why We Struck by Adeyemoga, There Was A Country by Achebe, books from Oscar Wilde, Benard Shaw, Shakespearean sonnets and plays, Christopher Marlowe, Aristotle poetics, and classical writers like Horace, Sophocles and Longinus, French books and African classical books like African child by Camara Laye, The Blinkards by Kobina, and others will make an interesting read.

I’m a science student but a love reading a lot, esp novels by an African writer.

Native son is a great book.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by 9iceprince(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
I even watch the movie
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by 9iceprince(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
I even watched the movie
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by angelicwing: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
olaleke1:

Great!

You can add
King Solomon's Mine
Cry The Beloved Country
The Potter's Wheel
Sunset At Dawn
The Passport of Mallam Ilia
Tell Freedom
Zambia Shall Be Free
David Copperfield
A Tale of Two Cities
Kain and Abel
Etc, etc, etc

Oh, really?

Have you read:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

SHE (Alan Quartermain) by Sir Rider Haggard

The Pacesetters series

Ian Fleming's James Bond...

Nick Carter series ( America spy thriller)

James Hadley Chase novels

African Library novels such as The Concubine, The Mine Boy, etc.

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by chimaology92: 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Wow..I remember watching the season movie : Robinson Crusoe..with his black friend and his dog .they lived on a Tree house..full with traps for survival against cannibals and pirates. grin
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by SonyaSpence: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2022
I remember vividly.
I really enjoyed reading it.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by LawyerLomo(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

The man who spent 28 years of his life in an isolated island, survived and lived a quiet life with animal's and cannibals. ..

Left a sugar cane fame behind,though everyone thought he was dead.

He returned and became rich...

I almost forget, he discovered a treasure in the island too.

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by sunnyprof: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Oliver Twist, Robinson Crusoe and King Solomon's Mine are akin novels you find in similar prose ......... if you remember GAGOOL!!
That was a generation of Novels for young college readers

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by gulfer: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
I do! I remember this vividly, and can imagine our literature teacher standing in front of the class taking us through the chapters cool cool cool
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Emeka71(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
Yes I read that book when I was in SS3.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by pixypixs(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

I still very much have it in my shelve.

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by fof1: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

I know so much of this Adventurous Piece in the 70s...Great Piece of Literary Works...

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by drmuchin: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2022
PurestBoy:
The first novel I'll read in my life, that was in my secondary school, but now I've downloaded the eBook and I've read it again.

Where can I download it
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by drmuchin: 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2022
chimaology92:
Wow..I remember watching the season movie : Robinson Crusoe..with his black friend and his dog .they lived on a Tree house..full with traps for survival against cannibals and pirates. grin

Where did you download it from?
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by adjoamu: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

Yes! A thrilling story.I remember hisMan Friday

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by deepthougths(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
I basically read on my device cos I can move about with it...
I like fantacy/adventure and I tilt a little towards afrikana...

Completed:
The Harry Potter series (even the James Potter series)
The games of throne series
The Twilight series
Book 1, 2 and 3 of the Tamuli (each having 3 books inside) - Sparhawk was a cool character... Thumbs up to David Eddings
Most of Dan Brown's books (angels/demons, da vinci, lost symbol, inferno and origin)

So many I can't even remember...

Then the follow me series and the 50 shades series...

The secret lives of Baba something wives � that was years ago
And we need new names (classic)
Chinue Achebe's works
Ive only read 1 Soyinka's work
Half of a yellow sun
There was a country
What else?

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by oza20(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:
Robinson Crusoe

Wow! Robinson Crusoe! This is not just an ordinary book. Our younger generations need to read it. I personally learnt some lessons reading this book. One very important lesson I got from this book is captured in an African proverb which says: " What an old man (an Elder) sees sitting down and comprehend, if a child should stand on a mountain or hill, he can never be able to see beyond his sight or comprehend what he saw without inquiring advice from the elder(s). Children must listen to their parents for guide in this life. Robinson Crusoe learnt life's lesson the hard way due to his stuborness and love for the sea. Great book!

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
killmods:
As a kid I believed this story. Same with Gulivers's Travels cheesy
Omo, I read this novel and several others o. I also Jonathan Swift Gulliver's travel too. Silas Marner also. I read a lot of novels in high school for a science student. I still love reading even till date, although I don't have enough time to do that like before. grin
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2022
sunnyprof:
Oliver Twist, Robinson Crusoe and King Solomon's Mine are akin novels you find in similar prose ......... if you remember GAGOOL!!
That was a generation of Novels for young college readers
Are you a lover of Henry Rider Haggard's novels?
King Solomon's mine was written by Rider Haggard, I've read a lot of his novels after this one o. Cleopatra, She, Wisdom's daughter etc. I think that I still have the ebook of some Rider Haggard's novels too.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
olaleke1:

Oh, really?

Have you read:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

SHE (Alan Quartermain) by Sir Rider Haggard

The Pacesetters series

Ian Fleming's James Bond...

Nick Carter series ( America spy thriller)

James Hadley Chase novels

African Library novels such as The Concubine, The Mine Boy, etc.

Oh God, finally seen someone that appreciate Rider Haggard. Did you read the other sequels to She?
I saw the book in my grandpa's library. Read the book while I was in J.S.S 1 almost about two decades ago and gullible me somehow believed that it's a true tale. grin
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
eminikansoso:

No Mayor of casterbridge was written by Thomas Hardy
Correct, I've read this one too. My mom has this novel.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
Jibsonified:

Let me guess: D. O. Fagunwa books? wink wink wink
Ògbójú-ọdẹ nínú Igbo elédùmarè and it's sequels. grin

1 Like

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP,

I Didn't read dis Novel.

But i read Silas Marner, Oliver Twist and King Solomon's mine... smiley

Read all these and more between primary 4 and Jss3 @ Delta State library Ibusa Delta State. Robinson Crusoe, Gulliver's travels, Macbeth, Oliver twist, animal farm, The man died. Chinua Achebe, cyprian ekwensi, eleche amadi, and other African writers series novel. one man one machete, no longer at ease, the concubine, aura of divinity, Arrow of God, bottled leopard, Our husband has gone mad, Chaka, etc. can't even remember them again. A Ghana must go of Mills and boom, plus other romantic novels, James hardley chase too in it, Inherited from an elder sister. Every woman, How to make love.

50 demon stories, 50 ghost stories, chai. Just remembering these books. Mangy dog, Nefario. Hocus pocus, Grisham novels. I read a lot but I ended up as a science student
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
I never read am. So? Na money? Abegi
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Babysho(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Demigod22:

Yes, reading is an exciting hobby. It keeps me well informed, entertained. I am always ahead of others when having scholarly discussions and it makes me versatile too.

Harry Potter is a great book, I read it and I also watched the movies.

Books like Native Son by Richard Wright, How Europe Underdevelop Africa by Roodney, Why We Struck by Adeyemoga, There Was A Country by Achebe, books from Oscar Wilde, Benard Shaw, Shakespearean sonnets and plays, Christopher Marlowe, Aristotle poetics, and classical writers like Horace, Sophocles and Longinus, French books and African classical books like African child by Camara Laye, The Blinkards by Kobina, and others will make an interesting read.

What are the odds lol I just finished with Native Son and last week How Europe Underdeveloped Africa. I highlighted several points and tried to liken it to what is going on today in Nigeria and even posted on my WhatsApp, nobody could even discuss.

Tell me your favourite book of all time and I'll begin reading right now wink. I'll also add those up there to my list.

Wish there was a WhatsApp group for readers.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
squash47:

Wow, nice one. She didn't read novels cos she hates words. Science students only like straight forward things like calculations and stuffs like that.
You're wrong to say science students in your statement o, you could have said 'some science students'. My best friend and I are science students and we sure do enjoy reading novels a lot while we were in secondary school. He went on to later cross to art department after our years in secondary school and he ended up studying Linguistics at O.A.U, while I studied chemistry at LAUTECH. I still read novels till date, although my reading habit is not as vigorous as it was before.

2 Likes

Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Ficient:

Read all these and more between primary 4 and Jss3 @ Delta State library Ibusa Delta State. Robinson Crusoe, Gulliver's travels, Macbeth, Oliver twist, animal farm, The man died. Chinua Achebe, cyprian ekwensi, eleche amadi, and other African writers series novel. one man one machete, no longer at ease, the concubine, aura of divinity, Arrow of God, bottled leopard, Our husband has gone mad, Chaka, etc. can't even remember them again. A Ghana must go of Mills and boom, plus other romantic novels, James hardley chase too in it, Inherited from an elder sister. Every woman, How to make love.

50 demon stories, 50 ghost stories, chai. Just remembering these books. Mangy dog, Nefario. Hocus pocus, Grisham novels. I read a lot but I ended up as a science student
John Grisham's novels are also good o. Have you read any novel written by Stephen King?
I remember reading Shawshank redemption years later after watching the movie adaption while I was still a kid.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by Dybala11(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
BlueOrion:

I read this novel pdf format with my phone
Abeg shey I fit get am bro? Or you fit direct me on how to download it online, I'll appreciate getting the download link if you have it sir.
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by judedwriter(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2022
I no fit read the book, na the summary I don read tire grin

Thank God for the internet!
Re: Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. by MagicalConcepts: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
As if I know it's Robinson Crusoe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / Kumalo................supreme Confraternities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.