Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. (4388 Views)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. / Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Victoronah1: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2022
Jackofall:
1) I can respond to any message from any app right from the notification panel, without having to open the app itself. Can you do this on iOS?

2)I can enable focus mode, that allows me to "shut up" all the distracting apps on my phone, this prevents me from being able to open the app, and prevents the app from showing its notifications. Can you do this on iOS?

3)I can minimize an app on the screen. This mean I can be on another app while another app is minimised on the same screen, basically operating two apps at the same time. Can iOS do this?

4)I can enable dark mode and reading mode, which helps to protect my eyes from blue light at night and reduces the strain on my eyes at night, so I don't have any worries viewing my phone at night. Can iOS do this?

5)I can snooze any notification for a given time. As in if I don't want to see a particular notification from an app for some period of time, I can do it. Can iOS do this?

6)My android 12 phone can automatically scan a picture I send on WhatsApp and if a mobile number is in the picture shared, it will let me know if that number is on WhatsApp and if I want to message the number on whatsapp. Very amazing shocked Can iOS do this?

7)I can stream channels from cable TV(like DStv and co) right on my phone, using an app. Although it consumes a lot of data and needs a very steady internet connection to work smoothly. Can this be done on iOS?

coolI can activate SOS(Emergency) on my phone if I'm in trouble. I will just press the power button 5 times and a message and my live location will be sent to the phone number/s of trusted people that I have set.

9)I can do almost anything on my phone, all I need is the app created for such purpose. Can iOS allow installation of apps outside it's app store?

By the way I'm using a redmi note 11 on Android 12.

You can add more things you can do on your Android that you don't think it's possible on iOS.

Bro you dey even run speed. iPhone is using usb 2.0 to transfer files. That Is normal Tecno and infinix usb 2.0 charger. Dem suppose dey compare iPhone with Tecno and infinix

3 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Victoronah1: 6:11am On Sep 04, 2022
Flora2Sweet:
Broke Ass, why download the song when you can Listen and play it anytime on spotify or AudioMax, u can even download it sef...

I've always loved android phone, never saw a need for an iPhone until, i knew it was something I needed to own for necessity sake...

Android fade's out in month's, it takes years for an iphone to fade out not to talk about the resale value..

Android i got for 110k in January can be sold for 70k with Abeg Oo u cant say the same for an iphone...

Take for instance iphone 6s still sales for 70k

you must be joking. 70k because of dollar rate. That phone should not be more than 20k if everything was fine.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by KingAzubuike(f): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Euphoria212:
MIUI is the best I know. Best among androids too that's why you are so fascinated with your redmi note 11. Always keep your phone updated to enjoy it even more.
grin

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by fkj950ax(m): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2022
Flytime:
iOS can literally do everything on this list except split screen

I can’t even keep on going,I can clearly see you have no idea about what you’re taking about

Split screen

Google Maps on for navigation with YouTube playing.

That’s 2 apps running same time

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by horlahwaley(m): 9:13am On Sep 04, 2022
lecowas:
Even though iPhone can easily do most of the things the OP highlighted, but I personally cannot use only an iPhone, I've always had a good Samsung with any iPhone I've bought.

Android gives much more flexibility and ease of operating than IOS. The other day, just to transfer file from office database to my iPhone frustrated my life that I almost cried.

It could have done it with much more wahala but who get time for wahala. Android to the rescue abeg. No time
you nailed it, especially that file sharing from pc. That is why i am sticking with my samsung. Why do i need to go get a mac just for me to connect a phone to a laptop?

2 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 04, 2022
Enjoy then
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Minjim: 9:46am On Sep 04, 2022
Damisic:
Op the new ios update allow to show the percentage of battery can your android do that grin grin

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Minjim: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2022
fkj950ax:

Split screen

This is not actually split screen. This is on app display

6 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Loner97(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Not buried. Its simply not there. IPhone is thrash. Even camera wise, an iphone flagship aint better than a flagship from oneplus, Google pixel , samsung, huawei and lots more

Stop saying rubb*sh
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2022
faceland:

Of cause with an app (I photograph textbook pages and it converts it to raw plain text)... I can highlight a text and my phone would read it a loud. I can also dictate text to my phone.
May I please know the name of the app? I badly need it.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Flamethehussler: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2022
Damisic:
Op the new ios update allow to show the percentage of battery can your android do that grin grin
grin is this playing grin

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by faceland: 10:47am On Sep 04, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

May I please know the name of the app? I badly need it.
Text Fairy is the app name...

The only app you need is the one that can read textbook and converted to plain text. The other features on your Android already.

For dictation, in the keyboard click the microphone icon to talk while it types. As for the read aloud, just highlight the text, where you would find copy, cut or/and paste or 'select all' you will see a "read-aloud", click it and your phone would read it for you.

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by MrBroke(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2022
Abfinest007:
Can u copy text from picture with ur Android phone.no so get lost

Yes, on Samaung it comes as default
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by SergeantTitus(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2022
fkj950ax:

Split screen

Scam. On my samsung galaxy a13, it's called popup View ( pic 1)

The second one is split screen view (pic 2)

Just accept the fact that iphone na scam

5 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by smithj01: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
faceland:

Text Fairy
ok, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Euphoria212:
MIUI is the best I know. Best among androids too that's why you are so fascinated with your redmi note 11. Always keep your phone updated to enjoy it even more.

I agree with you. grin

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by 4lorunsho(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
Recommend a good android for me for a budget of 200k
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
Jackofall:
1) I can respond to any message from any app right from the notification panel, without having to open the app itself. Can you do this on iOS?

2)I can enable focus mode, that allows me to "shut up" all the distracting apps on my phone, this prevents me from being able to open the app, and prevents the app from showing its notifications. Can you do this on iOS?

3)I can minimize an app on the screen. This mean I can be on another app while another app is minimised on the same screen, basically operating two apps at the same time. Can iOS do this?

4)I can enable dark mode and reading mode, which helps to protect my eyes from blue light at night and reduces the strain on my eyes at night, so I don't have any worries viewing my phone at night. Can iOS do this?

5)I can snooze any notification for a given time. As in if I don't want to see a particular notification from an app for some period of time, I can do it. Can iOS do this?

6)My android 12 phone can automatically scan a picture I send on WhatsApp and if a mobile number is in the picture shared, it will let me know if that number is on WhatsApp and if I want to message the number on whatsapp. Very amazing shocked Can iOS do this?

7)I can stream channels from cable TV(like DStv and co) right on my phone, using an app. Although it consumes a lot of data and needs a very steady internet connection to work smoothly. Can this be done on iOS?

coolI can activate SOS(Emergency) on my phone if I'm in trouble. I will just press the power button 5 times and a message and my live location will be sent to the phone number/s of trusted people that I have set.

9)I can do almost anything on my phone, all I need is the app created for such purpose. Can iOS allow installation of apps outside it's app store?

You can add more things you can do on your Android that you don't think it's possible on iOS.
I can do all those with my X
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Damisic: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
[quote author=Minjim post=116340367][/quote]dude don't tell me you don't get the joke
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Damisic: 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
Flamethehussler:

grin is this playing grin

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by larrypourl(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Flora2Sweet:
Broke Ass, why download the song when you can Listen and play it anytime on spotify or AudioMax, u can even download it sef...

I've always loved android phone, never saw a need for an iPhone until, i knew it was something I needed to own for necessity sake...

Android fade's out in month's, it takes years for an iphone to fade out not to talk about the resale value..

Android i got for 110k in January can be sold for 70k with Abeg Oo u cant say the same for an iphone...

Take for instance iphone 6s still sales for 70k

What andriod device is that? Ordinary used Xaiomi note8/9 is sold above the amount majority of them bought it. Note9 bought 2years ago at 91k is been sold at 80K+ but iphone got good resale value thou.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by seaboyzen: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
4lorunsho:
Recommend a good android for me for a budget of 200k
Find yourself xiaomi poco f3
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Healthquest: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
The fact that transferred of files are hectics, downloaded songs wont go to music players , most files are sandboxed to the app u use to get them for instance, any file u got from Xander stay der, u have to go to Xander to pick dem every damn time and restriction on third party app is d major reason I dnt fancy apple.
I only like his camera so far.
Imagine trying to get some apps off playstore.

Those installed appstore which gives us some hacking tools will be totally inaccessible after buying a phn for how many usd. Since camera is myproblem, I buy cam n focus on my sammy.

Android beta sha because apple no go Bleep u up sometimes but because of class n show off alot of folks want to blong.

Anyone with strong self esteem supposed de use Nokia or samsung. Literally ANDROID SHA

6 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by mainola: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Jackofall:

You're using Note 11? Did you get the android 12 update via OTA or you installed manually?
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by tecnolad(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Last last, iPhone isn't for everybody. Stick with your Android if:

1. You want to transfer stuff with USB cable when you could use Xender and a plethora of new generation, file sharing app alternatives.

2. You want to use launchers or set ringtones

3. You think the default music player app you find on Android gives you better flexibility and you can't download third-party music players that offer the same thing on iPhone

4. You just hate the iPhone flagships because you can't afford one.

5. You believe the ramblings of an iPhone hater, who is comparing new Android devices with iPhone 8 and below.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by horlahwaley(m): 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
tecnolad:
Last last, iPhone isn't for everybody. Stick with your Android if:

1. You want to transfer stuff with USB cable when you could use Xender and a plethora of new generation, file sharing app alternatives.

2. You want to use launchers or set ringtones

3. You think the default music player app you find on Android gives you better flexibility and you can't download third-party music players that offer the same thing on iPhone

4. You just hate the iPhone flagships because you can't afford one.

5. You believe the ramblings of an iPhone hater, who is comparing new Android devices with iPhone 8 and below.

it is that file sharing for me.
Connecting xender from your android with pc doesnt work 50 percent of the time, if iphone can do this flawlessly, i will switch.

It feels natural and very convenient connecting your andoid phone with pc quickly via usb especially when you activated usb debugging mode and sharing the files ASAP. This is the only reason i am stuck with my samsung

2 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Classickj(m): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
faceland:

Of cause with an app (I photograph textbook pages and it converts it to raw plain text)... I can highlight a text and my phone would read it a loud. I can also dictate text to my phone.
pls what app is that
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by tecnolad(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
horlahwaley:
it is that file sharing for me.
Connecting xender from your android with pc doesnt work 50 percent of the time, if iphone can do this flawlessly, i will switch.

It feels natural and very convenient connecting your andoid phone with pc quickly via usb especially when you activated usb debugging mode and sharing the files ASAP. This is the only reason i am stuck with my samsung

I understand you though. But at the end of the day, we all agree that it boils down to individual user preferences.

iPhones don't need debugging because you don't need to flash a custom recovery, root it or do ADB stuff. The only times you need your lightening cord is when you want to jailbreak, or when you mess up your jailbreak, OR when you're a windows user with an iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Tunex252(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
I can use IR blaster as remote on my phone to control my DStv and and TV which helps in the stress of looking for remotes.

Iphone and there latest phone can never do this.

I can hide anything on my phone and even use second space. Them no born iPhone papa well make e do ham

So Iphone to me is an overrated trash grin

2 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by tecnolad(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Tunex252:
I can use IR blaster as remote on my phone to control my DStv and and TV which helps in the stress of looking for remotes.

Iphone and there latest phone can never do this.

I can hide anything on my phone and even use second space. Them no born iPhone papa well make e do ham

So Iphone to me is an overrated trash grin

Show me a search bar on your Twitter space. It should be simple for your not-overated trash to do.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Tunex252(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
tecnolad:

Show me a search bar on your Twitter space. It should be simple for your not-overated trash to do.

I don't use Twitter

Tell me another thing that ur iPhone can do and android can't or won't be able to do grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Port Custom ROM Directly From Your Phones / Checkout Infinix Devices With The Best Battery Life. / This Phone Is Unarguably The Best Selfie Focused Phone Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.