Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,079 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Phee's Pleas - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Phee's Pleas (5113 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
So many things can't be forced in this life...

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 1:06am On Oct 06, 2022
Ohayo Blossompowerpuf!
Thanks for the update

Some people won't appreciate your presence until you're about to leave...

Anyway, more grease to your wheels!
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
zorse:
Ohayo Blossompowerpuf!
Thanks for the update

Some people won't appreciate your presence until you're about to leave...

Anyway, more grease to your wheels!
You're welcome zorse, thank you.

I don't think I'm going to be leaving anytime soon tho...
Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

You're welcome zorse, thank you.

I don't think I'm going to be leaving anytime soon tho...

Glad to hear that!

I meant generally speaking for all humans tho like in the case of Phee's depature from school...
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2022
zorse:

Glad to hear that!

I meant generally speaking for all humans tho like in the case of Phee's depature from school...
Ohh, now I understand.
Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hello Blossumpowerpuf

Hope all is well?
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 10:18am On Oct 11, 2022
zorse:
Hello Blossumpowerpuf

Hope all is well?
All is well zorse, thank you. I've just been busy with other things and trying to make money. You know the usual.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

All is well zorse, thank you. I've just been busy with other things and trying to make money. You know the usual.

Yeah I get...
Just remember us sha

Wish you the best!
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2022
zorse:

Yeah I get...
Just remember us sha

Wish you the best!
I will, thank you.
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good evening guys. Will be dropping a new chapter soon but I want to quickly say a few things.

Firstly, I have two strategic days of the week in which I post here. Right now, it's Thursday and Saturday each week.

Lastly, if you'd like to get notifications about when I post, follow this thread (abi isn't that how it's done on nairaland?)

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
Chapter Eight

Phee had now spent three glorious weeks with Mariam and she knew she would have to leave soon. She'd spent those three weeks doing nothing but eating delicious food prepared by a wonderful - and expensive - chef, catching up with Mariam, and making detailed plans about her future. It was a huge relief to not have to think about how her parents would react when she broke the news to them.

However, her time was quickly dwindling and she knew she would have to leave Mariam's house soon. She heard the living room door open and then close and she knew Mariam was back from a lunch date with her friend/soon-to-be-boydfriend. Mariam had tried to persuade her to follow her to the restaurant but Phee had refused. She didn't want to be a third wheel, but she mostly didn't want to unintentionally run into any of her parents.

She heard steps on the staircase and knew Mariam was coming to see her. She got up from the large bed and walked to the door. She opened the door in time to see Mariam just getting to the top of the stairs. They smiled at each other and exchanged quick heys. When Mariam got to Phee's door, they hugged and moved into Phee's room.

"How did your lunch date go?", Phee asked as they both sat on the bed.

"It was nice", Mariam answered, faking nonchalance. But Phee knew the look on her friend's face.

"It was just nice?", Phee asked, a mischievous expression on her face.

Mariam burst into a huge grin. "Okay, it wasn't just nice! It went really well. Sean has been such a gentleman and he's been so consistent and honestly, I want to say yesss!", She gushed.

Phee let out a squeal and twitched excitedly on the bed. "I'm sooo happy for you! I'm so glad that Sean has turned out to be a nice guy. God knows the dating scene in Lagos is just wild." She put her arms around Mariam and said, "I'm really really happy for you."

"I'm really glad too", Mariam replied, a mushy smile on her face.

"See you looking all in love and shit", Phee said, laughing at Mariam. "Hard guy, hard guy, but Sean broke your walls", she teased.

"I hate you dude", Mariam replied laughing. "Anyway, Sean surprised me with backstage and VIP tickets and you HAVE to come with me!" She noticed the look on Phee's face and knew she was about to refuse the invitation but she was having none of it.

"Uh uh! You're not getting out of this one. You're leaving so soon and we've not even had one girls night out"

"But we've had our nights in, I enjoy those", Phee whined.

"I said out, not in", Mariam replied, trying to appear firm.

"Besides, I can't go out without you. If you don't come with me, I'll tell Sean I can't go and I'll cancel", Mariam said, resorting to emotional blackmail.

"Aahhhhh Mariam! That's not fair nau, you can't cancel yours and Sean's plans, Phee cried.

"I can and I will if you don't follow me", Mariam replied triumphantly, knowing that she'd had her way.

"Now, I hate you! Thank you for the emotional blackmail. I don't even have any clothes appropriate for a concert. I'll probably just wear jeans and a t-shirt"

"Ehn! Kole werk! You'll wear one of my gowns"

"Nooooo!"

Mariam only cackled at Phee.

Phee had quickly found out that it was a Burna boy concert and was now happily getting ready for their "girl's night out". She was wearing a purple, slightly-longer-than knee-length gown which had ten-inch slits on either side of it. The bust was snug and almost tight. The gown had been a birthday gift to Mariam by her younger sister a year ago but her sister had gotten the bust's measurement wrong and so, while the gown fit everywhere else, it had squashed Marian's boobs. Mariam had held on to the gown but was now happy to give it to Phee.

Mariam on the other hand, was wearing a backless yellow and purple stretchy gown which rested three inches above her knee. The purple was so they could both match outfits and the yellow was "a very nice contrast to her dark skin".

"Babes, abeg act normal when we get backstage. Don't fawn over any celebrities you may see", Mariam said. "Most of them have enormous egos which are constantly fueled by their fans", Mariam concluded bitterly.

"Me? fawn over celebrities ke?"

"Last year when we went to Tems' concert nko?"

Phee whined, "but Tems is different nau. First off, she's wonderful, un-proud, and femalee"

"Sha don't fawn over any celebrities Phee"

"Abeg!"

At that moment, Mariam's phone rang and their bickering was cut short. It was Sean calling to pick them up.

"Hey babe...yes, we're done....yes, we're ACTUALLY done...we just need to put on our shoes and we'll be out...see you in a few, bye babe".

Mariam cut off the call and turned her gaze to Phee. "Put on your shoes and let's go abeg"

Phee hurriedly did the straps on her sandal heels, not wasting any time as she knew from experience that Mariam was a stickler for being on time. She hated "African time" and was always on time for any occasion.

They picked up their bags and strutted down the stairs. Mariam informed the security guards that they might not be back home that day and they both went outside to meet Sean, Mariam happily going to sit beside Sean in the driver's seat and Phee settling alone into the passenger's seat.

Sean soon drove off after greetings and a light peck on Mariam's cheek.

3 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Its plenty

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lets see how the concert unfolds...

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
zorse:
Lets see how the concert unfolds...

Thanks for the update!
You're welcome!
Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:
Good evening guys. Will be dropping a new chapter soon but I want to quickly say a few things.

Firstly, I have two strategic days of the week in which I post here. Right now, it's Thursday and Saturday each week.

Lastly, if you'd like to get notifications about when I post, follow this thread (abi isn't that how it's done on nairaland?)

Finally!

Thursday at last. Hope all is cool Blossum?

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
zorse:

Finally!

Thursday at last. Hope all is cool Blossum?
Na ASUU cause am o, I've been trying to prepare for school and I've not had the time nor the energy to write. When I'm stable (I don't know when), I'll write.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

Na ASUU cause am o, I've been trying to prepare for school and I've not had the time nor the energy to write. When I'm stable (I don't know when), I'll write.

I understand. The pressure is real...
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
zorse:

I understand. The pressure is real...
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
Chapter Nine

They got to the venue and Sean and Mariam both got out of the car laughing at an inside joke and being more touchy feely than Phee had ever seen them. It was probably the feels of a new relationship, she thought.

They'd walked a small distance to the entrance and were so caught up with each other that they'd forgotten about her. At that moment, Phee almost missed her ex. ALMOST. Daniel was a cheating, lying piece of shit and she definitely would never miss him.

It was at that moment that Phee decided she would truly enjoy the concert.

"Phee, what's up with you? Do you want to go back?", Phee heard. She looked up and realized that she'd been so lost in her thoughts she'd barely been walking and now the two lovebirds were quite far ahead of her. She put on a smile and replied, "Of course not. I'm coming. I was just thinking of something".

She caught up with them and they showed their tickets at the ticket booth after which an usher showed them the way to the VIP booth. As they went, Mariam let go of Sean and siddled up to Phee.

"I hope you're not angry that we're going straight to the VIP section, I don't want to go backstage yet. I promise we'll go backstage after the show and you can fawn over all the artists you want", she pleaded.

Phee chuckled. "Of course I'm not annoyed, we can go anytime we want. We can even decide to not go backstage at all. I'm determined to enjoy this evening"

Mariam sneered and eyed Phee, "You? you'll not go backstage when we have back stage tickets? Be realistic abeg!"

Phee made a face and hissed at her friend even though she knew she was correct.

"Thanks tho babe", Mariam said softly.

"It's fiiine! Go back to Sean, he's lonely already", Phee said, nudging Mariam back to her boyfriend who was walking ahead of them.

"You'll not appreciate me now, be pushing me to man. One day, you will miss me", Mariam joked as she caught up with Sean.

"Abegsss", Phee replied, still laughing.

Mariam, who was now walking hand in hand with Sean, turned and made a silly face at Phee. Phee only laughed and ignored her friend.

They settled into their seats and were soon asked if they wanted to make an order. Lovebird 1 & 2 decided to go for a bottle of Rosé and a platter of spicy asun, and although Phee would have preferred white wine, she agreed to share the bottle with them. Their order was soon brought alongside three glasses. The fancy looking waiter poured the drinks for them and Phee videoed it so that Mariam would enjoy her first concert with Sean - and also so she would post on her Instagram. They clinked their glasses together when the server was done and each downed their glasses.

Before long, the concert began. Phee looked down to see the throng of bodies at the regular's section and shivered at the sight. She was grateful that she could enjoy this night without sharing her personal space and exchanging bodily fluids with so many people.

Burna's band, The Outsiders, began to play and the sound immediately made her want to sway her hips. Even Mariam who preferred to simply enjoy the sounds at concerts was already on her feet. There was a huge scream from the crowd when the band began to play, but the sound went to deafening levels when Burna ran into the stage. Even Phee couldn't hold herself, she hollered and screamed in excitement as he began to sing. Her self consciousness flew out of the window and soon she was dancing and singing along.

After the song, he shucked off his jacket and threw it to the audience. The uproar and chaos in the audience only made Burna Boy smile to reveal golden teeth. He moved his hand lightly through the crowd and Phee felt a deep wanting to change spaces with whoever he was touching. If only for that moment though, and then she would go back to her VIP booth...

He teased the audience, "Have to say bye bye o..."

They went wild with the refrain, "Bye bye o"

"To the looove of my lifeeee", he crooned.

"My eye o, e don cry o!", they screamed.

"I need Igbo and shayo!!!", Phee screamed along with the hundreds of people in the concert.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Glad to see Phee jiving!

Welcome back, Blossumpowerpuff! Hows school resumption?
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
zorse:
Glad to see Phee jiving!

Welcome back, Blossumpowerpuff! Hows school resumption?
Thank you zorse. I wanted to tag you but I forgot, sorry. School is fine-ish, I feel so tired and my shoulders hurt so much. I miss indoor plumbing so bad because why do I have to move through 2 sets of stairs and enough distance to build a "decent" house just because I want to get water?

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
I'm tagging osuolale95 and Ann2012. Update don drop o!

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Ann2012(f): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

I dey with you 100%

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ann2012:

I dey with you 100%
Bosseth!
Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 8:01am On Oct 29, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:
i'm with you
Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2022
I need igbo and shayo o

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
osuolale95:
i'm with you
Welcome sir, I dey hail.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 12:02am On Oct 30, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

Thank you zorse. I wanted to tag you but I forgot, sorry. School is fine-ish, I feel so tired and my shoulders hurt so much. I miss indoor plumbing so bad because why do I have to move through 2 sets of sets of stairs and enough distance to build a "decent" house just because I want to get water?

I get your plight. We all have to endure it...
Stay strong sis!
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2022
zorse:

I get your plight. We all have to endure it...
Stay strong sis!
Thank you guy. Happy Sunday <3

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2022
Hi Blossom, don't know if its okay to check someone's diary on this platform but i did... Confession time!!! When should we be waiting for the next episode

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
osuolale95:
Hi Blossom, don't know if its okay to check someone's diary on this platform but i did... Confession time!!! When should we be waiting for the next episode
A diary on nairaland is public, so of course you can check it. I'm really not sure when the next update will come. My exams are close and setting time to write is harder than simply ranting in the diary section.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

A diary on nairaland is public, so of course you can check it. I'm really not sure when the next update will come. My exams are close and setting time to write is harder than simply ranting in the diary section.
We wish you success in your exam... Let me guess you in LAUTECH lol...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Stigma Of My Life (a True Life Story) / Which Of These Sentences Is Correct "Come And Collect It" Or "Come Collect It?" / Thank God It Was All A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.