Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,945 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Phee's Pleas - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Phee's Pleas (5103 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
osuolale95:
We wish you success in your exam... Let me guess you in LAUTECH lol...
That's confidential information sir.
Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

That's confidential information sir.
yes i know, i'm actually play with my phone's keypad
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
Chapter Ten

The concert was now over and Phee was really excited. She couldn't wait to get backstage and was almost jumping in excitement.

"Let's go already guyy, Burna might leave soon", she whined.

Mariam turned in her seat and addressed her friend with a straight face, "Phee, you know he won't leave anytime soon. It's just 4am. The tickets say he's going to be here until 6am at least. Rest abeg.

"Aaargghhh. Hurry up at least nau."

The trio finally moved backstage after Mariam had finished talking and exchanging contacts with a girl who'd been in the VIP section with them.

"Sooo, you're excited?", Mariam asked, wagging her eyebrows at Phee.

Phee turned to her friend, "Excited ke? which kain funny question be that? Of course I'm excited", she said. But then she thought for a second and quizzed her friend, "what did you do Mariam? I don't trust you this girl"

"I did something, yes", Mariam replied, twirling around and batting her eyelashes at Phee.

"What did you...?", Phee began to ask, but Mariam cut her off.

"I didn't do anything you wouldn't like don't worry babes. If you'd checked online, you'd have know there were no backstage tickets".

Phee screamed.

"No backstage tickets ke? Where are we nau going? Is this the point where I get kidnapped? Oh nooo!", she cried exaggeratedly.

Mariam was cackling. "Guyyy, you no just get sense o. Why I go wan kidnap you?"

Phee turned narrowed eys on her friend. "If you're not kidnapping me, what's the plan then? It better be good if you lured me with a FAKE backstage ticket".

"Oh, it's good!", Mariam purred, looking very pleased with herself. "If you did not know", she continued, "Sean and the legendary Burna boy went to the same secondary school and since they kept in touch, Sean wanted to spring him as a surprise on me. Thank God I found out o, me that wants to see Amaarae! Shaaa, I'm passing on my "surprise" to you and you get to see Damini this morning".

"Oh my God!!!"

"Wait fes abeg, before you shatter my eardrums. I no fit dey call him Burna to his face, isn't he Damini? Maybe calling him by his name will reduce some of your fan-girliness".

"Girlll, I love you!", Phew squealed, jumping and hugging her friend. "And maybe, just maybe I'll call him Damini".

"Abegg, dey go! Also...", She said, taking on a slightly guilty face, "I'm not actually going to stay with you for all of today. I'm traveling today. Sean planned a weekend getaway and I just can't refuse. He's planned everything and it's all so beautiful and he's been so sweet. So maybe, you get to see Damini tonight, and I'll be back from Mauritius by Monday".

Phee's mouth hung open in surprise. She took a moment to understand all that had been said before she finally spluttered, "Mauritius?! Omo, ona be rich kids o".

Mariam just rolled her eyes. She understood her friend's antics and knew she just needed to understand what had been thrown at her.

"We can sit for a small while", she offered.

"Definitely abeg. I also need to get some water".

"I'm pretty sure I have a bottle of water at my place", they both heard a voice say. Phee turned so violently that she could have twisted her neck. The voice was rough but musical and belonged to a 6 foot 1" tall man on whose head a mass of locks rested. He smiled at her to reveal bejeweled grilled teeth.

"Damini!"

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
Good evening everyone. I actually started writing this since Sunday but only had the strength/energy/creativity to finish writing the chapter today. It feels a little short, but this is all I could do. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
Tagging zorse, osuolale95, and ann2012.

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:
Good evening everyone. I actually started writing this since Sunday but only had the strength/energy/creativity to finish writing the chapter today. It feels a little short, but this is all I could do. Enjoy.

Otiya... Drop it asap, God is your strength

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

Good to have u back!
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
zorse:

Good to have u back!
Thank you!
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
Chapter Eleven

Phee blinked once and then again and another time for good measure...

"Phee wtf are you blinking so much? Talk to him!", Mariam aggressively whispered in her ear.

Phee really couldn't believe he was so near. Of course she'd been singing along with him not more than an hour ago but this closeness made her feel like she was beside a god. She was probably being overdramatic but she couldn't help it, she was standing so close to Burna boy!!! She probably shouldn't take a bath tomorrow, she thought. Maybe just to preserve this feel...

She probably would have continued with this line of thought if the subject of her thoughts hadn't spoken up.

"Heyy Mariam", he said, turning to her friend, he probably already realized he wouldn't be able to make a sane conversation with her at this moment.

"Heyy Damini!", Mariam gushed. "Might be weird to go on a first name basis even though this is the first time we're meeting but I'm sure Sean mentioned me already and that's probably why you already know my name", she rushed out.

"God is this what it means to be star struck?!", she cried in fake outrage. It earned a slight chuckle from Burna and Phee and so she continued, knowing that she'd dispelled some of Phee's tension.

Pointing to Phee, she said, "This is my friend, Phee, and she's a huge fan and I'm sure you've heard that a lot so would you do the honours of taking her off my hands?"

Phee fixed her friend an icy stare, "I knew I was going to be kidnapped today. What's all this talk of carrying me go where I no know?"

The duo beside her laughed and she joined in too, glad to finally start feeling at ease. She stuck her hand out for a shake and beamed at him, "I'm Phee and I swear that I'm no longer star struck. Well, not too much at least."

He chuckled and shook her hand, "You can call me Damini, or Dami if you want"

"I think I quite like Damini. It's a nice variation from Damilola. I've met a lot of Dami's who are Damilola's but never a Damini"

"Really? Well, aren't you glad you've met me?"

She laughed again, feeling more and more at ease with him.

"Errrr, sorry to cut into this, but Sean and I have to bounce", Mariam said.

Phee remembered and suddenly felt betrayed. It must have shown on her face because Mariam suddenly looked wracked with guilt and started blurting that she wouldn't go anymore. Now that definitely would not work.

"Ehn, kilode? Remove that rubbish from your mouth o, it's not that serious. I'm a big girl"

"Plus, you could come with me to my place", Damini said.

Phee had almost forgotten that he was there but at his words, she quirked one eyebrow up in suspicion. He lifted his hands up as if to show innocence.

"The outsiders are there too. This is our last stop for a small while so we're meeting at my place for a few drinks and gist until we see again. You're welcome to join us."

Phee's jaw almost dropped at the suggestion. She'd always had a fascination with instrumentalists. She'd briefly learnt how to play the keyboard before her father stopped paying for her lessons because he said it was affecting her studies. It had been affecting her studies, yes, but her studies were also the bane of her existence. Although she'd begged and promised to do better, her father refused and that was that. She'd taken to watching the instrumentalists play during church service and mimicking the deft movement of their fingers. She could have learnt how to play the keyboard when she entered the University, and she'd tried to - but everything had been overwhelming and she'd stopped soon after.

"Yesss. Yess I would love to meet the outsiders", she said excitedly.

"If I knew you liked my band, I'd have mentioned them first", he smirked.

"Well, I guess that settles it then", Mariam said, obviously pleased at the arrangement.

Sean picked the best moment to suddenly appear beside Mariam and wrap his arm around her waist. He turned to Phee, "So I heard the last parts of the conversation. Are you sure you're fine with going with him?"

"Actually, we could do something else if you have a spare plane ticket or maybe I can chook myself into your bag and jet off with you guys."

"I promise that I'll place you in my carry-on bag next time", Sean managed to answer with a straight face.

"But", he continued, "we've got to leave soon if we're going to catch our flight"

"I won't even miss you two. The outsiders are probably going to love me so much that they'll beg me to play with them and I'll become part of a world-known music band", Phee mused.

"You wish sis. You wish", Mariam replied, shaking her head. "We'll be back in a week", she promised. And in a sincere low voice, she whispered, "We'll face your parents together"

Phee embraced her, refusing to miss her friend. She deserved this vacation and she wasn't going to stop her.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Tagging osuolale95, zorse, and Ann2012.

If you want me to mention you when I drop updates, please drop your moniker. Or you can simply follow the topic and get notifications from nairaland rather than mentions.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
I'm truly surprised that I took less than 3 hours to write this.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by osuolale95(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
Where're we? I've been away for few days...

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
Heyy guys, I know I've not posted in a long while. Sorry about that, life happened. If I start to explain, I don't know how long that'll take.

Moving forward, I'd like to state a major change with the story's trajectory. In the beginning, I wanted a Nigerian fan fiction story and I used Burna Boy as my muse, but I've heard various stories about his unsavory character so I don't want to cast him in my story anymore. Also, I don't want to write a sex scene. It was meant to be in the next chapter but I've changed my mind now. I hope that I'll write more in this new year and that I'll finish writing this book before the end of the year.

Thank you to everyone who has read, is reading, and will read my story; I love you in ways you do not know�

3 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by zorse: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
Blossompowerpuf:
Heyy guys, I know I've not posted in a long while. Sorry about that, life happened. If I start to explain, I don't know how long that'll take.

Moving forward, I'd like to state a major change with the story's trajectory. In the beginning, I wanted a Nigerian fan fiction story and I used Burna Boy as my muse, but I've heard various stories about his unsavory character so I don't want to cast him in my story anymore. Also, I don't want to write a sex scene. It was meant to be in the next chapter but I've changed my mind now. I hope that I'll write more in this new year and that I'll finish writing this book before the end of the year.

Thank you to everyone who has read, is reading, and will read my story; I love you in ways you do not know�

Great having you back Blossumpowerpuff

1 Like

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
zorse:

Great having you back Blossumpowerpuff

Thank you! <3

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
Chapter Twelve
Phee gazed at the screen before her, the images danced hazily but she couldn't seem to make sense of what was going on in her phone. She knew she'd been watching tik toks but her mind had drifted off moments ago. Why wasn't she currently with the outsiders, she thought? She could be having the time of her life in the presence of a world renowned celebrity and his equally amazing band, but as Mariam and Sean said their goodbyes, it was like something clicked in her head and turning to Damini, she'd said, "Um, sorry but can I take a rain check? I think I want to go home tonight"

Everyone turned to her in surprise at her abrupt choice and although they asked her why she'd changed her mind, she just shrugged. She'd gotten home on her own, but not before taking a picture with Burna Boy and The Outsiders of course!

And now she was lost in thought. She didn't feel any FOMO at what she would have missed out by leaving. At that moment, she just knew she couldn't stay any longer and she'd blessedly left, choosing to listen to herself rather than stay.

It's short, I know and I'm so sorry guys. I just needed to write something to kickstart the new trajectory of the story. Rn, I'm just working on vibes.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Chapter 13
Phee straightened her clothes on herself for the millionth time, letting out a sigh and hoping it would calm her nerves. Today was the day she would be going back home and announcing to her parents that their daughter was now a drop out.

"Phee, don't think so badly of yourself please. I know this conversation is one that might not go so well but you did what was best for you. Godforbid, imagine if you'd gone on and you killed yourself due to the depression?", Mariam cut into her thoughts.

Phee's face went down. If only Mariam knew how close she'd been. She knew she'd been beating herself up. She really didn't have to do it. By the time she had the confrontation with her parents, she'd be so beat up that she'd be wanting relief. Right now, she needed all the positivity she could get.

"Thanks Mar", she finally replied

"Come here", Mariam signified for a hug. Phee moved towards her friend and leaned into her embrace, enjoying the warmth of her friend around her.

Her phone rang out and she lifted her head and turned to her phone to check the caller and when she saw it was her aunt calling, she left the embrace and picked up the call.

"Good morning aunty. Are you outside now?"

"Yes. Oya come outside fast"

"We're coming, we're already ready", Phee chuckled and then cut the call. She turned to inform Mariam that they could leave but Mariam had already picked up her bags.

"Oya, time to go", Mariam moved past her. She hefted the rest of her bags and then moved towards the door. They walked the distance to the gate in silence until they'd both gotten to Phee's aunt's car and loaded her boxes into the boot of the car. Mariam wasn't going to follow Phee to confront her parents. They'd discussed it and after a lot of arguments (mostly from Mariam), they both agreed that Mariam's presence would do more harm than good. Also, if Phee's parents said anything hurtful in a fit of rage, Mariam was sure to clap back even worse.

"Thank you so much for this past few weeks Mar, you don't know how much you've helped me", Phee said almost in tears.

"Uhn uhn sis, I know what I've done and I know you'd do the same for me", Mariam replied sassily.

"Goat", Phee chucked.

"The G-O-A-T that you loveee", Mariam trilled.

"Guyyy, you no well", Phee replied, almost bursting into a fit of laughter. She suddenly realized that Mariam did it on purpose so she could be less tensioned and she felt a burst of joy within her. She didn't have a lot of friends but she was grateful to have Mariam as her own person. She squeezed Mariam one last time before letting go.

As her aunt drove away from Mariam, she knew she was making the right decision. This was not the beginning of a new trajectory in her life, but it was definitely a turning point.

2 Likes

Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
Chapter 15
Phee, along with her Aunty Fiona had picked up her brother, Timothy at Ikeja. The three of them together would hopefully make the twins' parents see reason.

Now, Aunty Fiona's car smoothly moved into Mr and Mrs Fejiro's compound. Manicured hedges winked around them and the compound as usual, was swept clean, a feat handled singlehandedly by the twins' mother. The house stood into the middle of the compound, a simple, spacious three bedroom bungalow. It was painted in a generic cream colour, but the corners and window ledges were painted brown, giving it overall, a welcoming look. It was by all means, a family's house. Mrs Fejiro prided herself on that.

Phee tried to calm herself down and ignore the roiling in the pits of her stomach which indicated that she was nervous. She knew she could be nervous, it was expected. After all, she was going to tell her Nigerian parents who thought she was in her second year, that she had dropped out weeks prior. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. She remembered once again why she'd done what she did: the Nigerian public school system, her mental health, her academic weaknesses, and her certainty that she could do well without a university degree.

"Phee", her aunty lightly tapped her shoulder, "We're here already, do you need a moment?"

"Uhm, no, thank you. I'm fine, we can go in", she replied, feeling just a modicum of calm.

They all got out of the car and moved towards the house. It was Saturday and the twins' parents would most likely have eaten breakfast and would probably be watching a movie or reading something old people liked to read. Mrs Fejiro, always wanting to be close to her husband to receive his orders, would be next to her husband.

They pressed the doorbell and heard a shrill ring from inside the house. Mrs Fejiro's voice quickly rang out, "Who is theree? I'm coming."

Some flaps of her slippers later, she got the door and opened it to see her two children and her notorious sister-in-law. She almost struggled with what to feel but quickly schooled her expression into a look of surprise, because she actually was. It was the weekend and although, both of her children's universities weren't very far, they didn't usually come home on the weekends. Timothy was usually busy with his final year project and activities and Phee should be trying to get her grades back up. She didn't know why Phee's own always had to be different...

She cut herself and opened her arms for a hug. Timothy stepped into her arms and Phee settled almost awkwardly at her side, getting a side hug. She felt a swell of pride within her and smiled at them both.

"Ejima, welcome home", she said

"Thank you Mama, good morning ma", they both greeted her.

She let go of her children and turned to her sister-in-law. She curtsied in greeting and said, "Sister, good afternoon, welcome o". She tried to collect her bag but Fiona refused to let it go and simply replied, "Thank you, Good afternoon Hannah", and walked into the house.

The twins took a cue from their aunt and they both walked into the house. Hannah really wanted to ask why all three of them had come together, but her husband had warned her against asking people questions at the door. It was bush people behavior, he'd said. Whatever someone wanted to tell you, they could say it inside. There was no need to chatter like a local market woman.
Re: Phee's Pleas by Blossompowerpuf: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Heyy guys! I know I said I'd update the story earlier but...life happened 😪 things got overwhelming and I had to take care of other things in my life and this story went to the back seat.

Right now, I'm busy with school as universities in Nigeria have resumed after a 4-week break because of the election. I'm back to classes and tests and lectures and practicals and waking up disgracefully early (by 6am). I won't be making any promises as to when I'll post the next chapter but I'll definitely write when I'm free. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of The Prof. Pius Adesanmi That Died On The Ill Fated Ethiopia Airline / Which Of These Sentences Is Correct "Come And Collect It" Or "Come Collect It?" / To Authors: You're Attracting Anti Spambot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.