Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? (1544 Views)

My Wife Slaps & Beats Me Whenever We Quarrel, Denies Me Sex. I'm Fed Up! / 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Ghana Woman Slaps Husband On Live Radio For Revealing She Keeps Faeces In Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by SQLmastar(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
I witnessed a cringe occurrence yesterday.
My friend came back late from work, I dropped him off. Lo and behold, his wife opened the door and gave him a dirty slap. She shouted at him for not coming back early enough to meet their fertility appointment. I watched my friend hold up himself, trying to bottle-up his rage. He hung his head and entered back into my car. We drove off...
I kept wondering if he did the right thing or not. Shouldn't he have beaten the day light out his wife?
Couples in the house, what's your take on this?
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
He did the right thing but he should punish her very well in all other ways and if she continue to be violent then he should separate from her.Violence in any form shouldn’t be tolerated in a relationship/marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Tallesty1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
The right thing to do when someone slaps you is to find a corner where you can sit down and cry

6 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by AdamuKD: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
Mumus
Don't retaliate. Next one na with knife she go take kill you Simp

2 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tallesty1:
The right thing to do when someone slaps you is to find a corner where you can sit down and cry
Will you hit her back?
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Wizywiz(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hmmm... personally I won't hit back ooo..but ehh...she will wish she never slapped me oooo for such flimsy excuse..infact from that day she no go enjoy the union again ooo
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Offpointng: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tallesty1:

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by ibechris(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
U are the one leading the marriage astray.

The wife was wrong too but I think u should distance yourself and let them sort themselves out.

I am sure u are not married that is why u think she should be beaten right?

Leave that man to face his marriage squarely.

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by NotBeenPaid: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
She shouted at him for not coming back early enough to meet their fertility appointment.

She's frustrated for not being able to conceive until now. But that doesn't give her the audacity to dehumanize or disrespectful her husband in that manner.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Figger(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
My wife to slap me? I go commit murder that day be that.
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Mikespecialone(m): 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
Unless you want her to repeat it
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Tallesty1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
Rozross:
Will you hit her back?
Make she kill me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
Only God knows how long they've been TTC and the man is still not serious about it.

The slap is coming from a good place, so let him not retaliate. Hopefully, she will come round and apologize.

May God give her double for all her troubles.

It is well.
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by shantti(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Only God knows how long they've been TTC and the man is still not serious about it.

The slap is coming from a good place, so let him not retaliate. Hopefully, she will come round and apologize.

It is well.

Assuming it was the man that did the slapping, will u still consider the slap to come from a good place?

8 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by ecolime(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

It is well.

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
It is very obvious he's the one with the fertility issues, lol

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by crackhaus: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
Missing an appointment aside, this is a woman who has absolutely no respect & regard for her husband.

He ought to have returned that slap promptly, go back to the car and then drive off with you.
This would have left his wife trying to figure out what type of film-trick took place for the remainder of that night.

Nonsense & fertility...

5 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Fahvvy: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
Watch how no female moniker above me has condemned the woman's action undecided....

If the reverse were the case, I'm willing to bet that the man would be called all sort of unprintable names, but since it's a woman doing it, they're all trying to make excuses for her undecided.... One of them even said "the slap is from a good place" grin...

However...
For it to get to the level where a woman can have the audacity to slap her husband, IN THE OPEN!!!!!!! It means that she has absolutely no iota of respect for the man undecided...

As for me, I would defend myself and the outcome of that "defense" is in the hands of the Lord grin...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
Wow! No single female comment has condemned her actions. They have simply made excuses for her and rationalized it.

The hypocrisy of society! Where we tell our sons never to hit a woman because it’s abuse, but never tell our daughters to keep their hands in check!! Where a woman can go on abusing a man, emotionally and physically, but if the man retaliates, he is weak! He should have walked away, even if it were the dead of the night, he should have walked away, no matter how unsafe it maybe out there, just walk away to prove to society that you are a gentle man!!!

Please, who died and resurrected and these became the norm? Hello? Abuse is abuse and abuse is not gender based! If a woman is woman enough to raise her hands first on a man, she should be woman enough to stomach the retaliatory strikes.

Teach your children and not just your sons to avoid abuse. Teach your children, male and female to walk away from abuse at its infancy no matter the professed loved. Teach your children, male and female to place a premium on their body!

3 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Ilekokonit: 12:04am On Sep 05, 2022
Thank God my Ex with all her shenanigans no try slap me 'cos I for dey British Prison now but then again because we have 2 kids together I may not have reacted in front of the kids.

But now if I get girlfriend or new wife wey slap me, I no go touch am. I go just go outside go call Metropolitan police and tell them I have just been assaulted and within 5 minutes they will come to arrest her.

Now na police I dey take treat women Bleep up for London and its my way of treating them with their own coin and also so that they will go and tell their female folk that some men in the UK no mind send their wives or girlfriends go jail even if only for one night.

Trust me it works as Naija women in the UK are so greedy for money that the thought of getting a criminal record for assault meaning they can't get a job for 5 years has a way of resetting the brains of these animals in human skin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Richy4(m): 3:38am On Sep 05, 2022
OP, incase if u were asking what I will do,...Yes I will respond back...We all have limit to what we can take... During courtship, his stance on domestic violence should have come up on how he feels about physical abuse and what will happen if that should happen..

My own golden rule is.. Please Don't hit me first... God knows I will never hit you no matter what.. but in an event u mistakenly hit me, I might not be responsible for my reaction because I will mistakenly hit back twice or more... Verbal abuse, I will be a gentleman and walk away on a heated argument to cool off but slapping me, No dear..' That will be tempting the lord your god' . embarassed

If u can't take it don't dish it out...if he missed an appointment, she should have placed a strike action in the kitchen.. no cooking for the time being.., bedroom matters on lockdown.. no showering together... If he's the type that can't pick a normal clothes to work without assistance, let him wear the mismatch clothes to work or occasion..Give him the best silent treatment in the book not slapping him..

That's how I have seen or experienced wives registering their displeasure in a civilized manner...
Who knows how long that abuse have been going on.. to an extent of doing it outside..
I get really upset with this kind of news...no one has the right to beat another person..

2 Likes

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by addictiv(m): 3:59am On Sep 05, 2022
According to common law, he won't be wrong if he retaliates immediately as long as its proportionate and In self defence of course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Baronthecelebri: 9:20am On Sep 05, 2022
Two things involve, 1, I'll beat her. 2, I'll divorce her.

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Blendy77(f): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2022
It's vert wrong from every angle. Why would a woman slap her husband? He missed fertility appointment so? Why not hear him out to kno his reasons for not keeping to time? And she even had guts to slap him in the presence of his friend? Na wa o! Women should learn to control their temper, anger and emotions. You can't disrespect your spouse in the presence of a witness and expect peace in your home. The man not retaliating shows maturity but leaving the house in anger is wrong, maybe that is his own way of pay back. Oga advise your friend to go home and settle wt his wife especially if she apologises.
Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by galadima77(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2022
Ilekokonit:
Thank God my Ex with all her shenanigans no try slap me 'cos I for dey British Prison now but then again because we have 2 kids together I may not have reacted in front of the kids.

But now if I get girlfriend or new wife wey slap me, I no go touch am. I go just go outside go call Metropolitan police and tell them I have just been assaulted and within 5 minutes they will come to arrest her.

Now na police I dey take treat women Bleep up for London and its my way of treating them with their own coin and also so that they will go and tell their female folk that some men in the UK no mind send their wives or girlfriends go jail even if only for one night.

Trust me it works as Naija women in the UK are so greedy for money that the thought of getting a criminal record for assault meaning they can't get a job for 5 years has a way of resetting the brains of these animals in human skin.

What is good for the gander...geese suppose taste am too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by RightToReject(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
A justified slap doesn't deserve retaliation; in fact, it usually makes the guts and other mechanisms of retaliation flaccid. Yes, as unpalatable as it might seem, some slaps, regardless of who meted them out, can be justified.

Now to the question, I'll definitely not give her a reason to have the guts to slap me - so, no slap; no retaliation.

If you don't want to bear the brunt of others, like receiving their slap, avoid deliberately and continuously frustrating/abusing them, especially psychologically and emotionally, while putting up a disingenuous attitude.

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Helpout12345: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
He did well not retaliating.

The wife's frustration is understood, because he missed their fertility appointment. Though the wife was wrong to have slapped him too.

He should go back home, explain why he missed the appointment and apologize. But he should be firm with her that the slap is not necessary, and must never be repeated for whatever reason. Physical violence or abuse from any gender must not be tolerated

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Helpout12345: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Ilekokonit:

This is it. Laws against violence doesn't have "For women only" written on them.

Men should know this and use the laws when a woman is the violent one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by nahr(f): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hehehe, I am only here to read the comments.

1 Like

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by Ilekokonit: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
Helpout12345:

This is it. Laws against violence doesn't have "For women only" written on them.

Men should know this and use the laws when a woman is the violent one.

Today's women can not stand or handle a "real" man especially if he has a low tolerance for their bullshit.

Me, I dey call UK police for women now o if they cross their boundary.

I have used the law and police against 2 Ex girlfriends in the UK in the past 4 years and am looking for more girlfriends to use it on so that they will tell their girlfriends that no be only woman fit call police for man for UK.

One ex girlfriend pushed me during an argument outside a restaurant at 12 midnight. I no talk. I just call London police and told them I had just been assaulted and they asked me where I was and I told them the name of the road and told them I was outside Barclays bank on that road. I then put the phone on speaker so that the tramp go know say no be joke.

Immediately she hear police voice see say na true, she just picked her rucksack (which she had dropped in order to push me) and begin pick race. (she no get papers and the fear of being deported to Muritala was the beginning of wisdom for her). Once I saw her running away I just told the police over the phone that she is running away but I am following her.

She ran back to her work place and I followed her and ensured she got a salary advance from her boss and paid me back the whole money that caused the argument. She was too willing to pay it back as she just wanted me to carry my police wahala away from her illegal immigrant self lest she gets deported.

The police kept calling me up till the next morning asking if I wanted to press charges for her assaulting me but I did not pick their calls as I just wanted to put the fear of God in her and ensure she never attacks another man again in her life (i.e repaying a woman in the same coin they use in dealing with men).

More men in the western world should call the cops on their wives and girlfriends who assault them even if its just a push or even verbal assault as women don't waste anytime to call the cops if the tables were turned.

E dey even hungry me to get a stubborn woman deported although I no get mind do that one as I no want make hunger kill her.

Another ex girlfriend started sending me multiple abusive texts and curses when I tell am say I no dey do again. I ensured she almost got charged with domestic malicious communication by UK police. I just carry my phone with the text messages from her go police station and told them to call her and tell her to stop contacting me although I told them I did not want her to lose her job.

The cantankerous greedy overworked fool later forgot that the police had asked her not to contact me again and she sent me another text a few days later asking that we continue the fight.

I just texted her the Met Police ref no for her case and asked her if she wanted me to reopen the case again. That reset her overworked greedy brain and sent the message into her head as she has not called me for about 2 years now.

Enough of pandering to or treating these rascals called women with kid gloves when they will not bat an eyelid before sending a man to jail if the tables were turned.

Real men have tolerated enough s.hit from women for too long and its about time you let the law deal with them once they cross the line which they ALL will sooner or later especially the ones who live in Western countries where too much latitude has meant they no longer know when they are crossing the line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Slaps Husband. Should He Retaliate? by MadarasBlade(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Today's women can not stand or handle a "real" man especially if he has a low tolerance for their bullshit.

Me, I dey call UK police for women now o if they cross their boundary.

I have used the law and police against 2 Ex girlfriends in the UK in the past 4 years and am looking for more girlfriends to use it on so that they will tell their girlfriends that no be only woman fit call police for man for UK.

One ex girlfriend pushed me during an argument outside a restaurant at 12 midnight. I no talk. I just call London police and told them I had just been assaulted and they asked me where I was and I told them the name of the road and told them I was outside Barclays bank on that road. I then put the phone on speaker so that the tramp go know say no be joke.

Immediately she hear police voice see say na true, she just picked her rucksack (which she had dropped in order to push me) and begin pick race. (she no get papers and the fear of being deported to Muritala was the beginning of wisdom for her). Once I saw her running away I just told the police over the phone that she is running away but I am following her.

She ran back to her work place and I followed her and ensured she got a salary advance from her boss and paid me back the whole money that caused the argument. She was too willing to pay it back as she just wanted me to carry my police wahala away from her illegal immigrant self lest she gets deported.

The police kept calling me up till the next morning asking if I wanted to press charges for her assaulting me but I did not pick their calls as I just wanted to put the fear of God in her and ensure she never attacks another man again in her life (i.e repaying a woman in the same coin they use in dealing with men).

More men in the western world should call the cops on their wives and girlfriends who assault them even if its just a push or even verbal assault as women don't waste anytime to call the cops if the tables were turned.

E dey even hungry me to get a stubborn woman deported although I no get mind do that one as I no want make hunger kill her.

Another ex girlfriend started sending me multiple abusive texts and curses when I tell am say I no dey do again. I ensured she almost got charged with domestic malicious communication by UK police. I just carry my phone with the text messages from her go police station and told them to call her and tell her to stop contacting me although I told them I did not want her to lose her job.

The cantankerous greedy overworked fool later forgot that the police had asked her not to contact me again and she sent me another text a few days later asking that we continue the fight.

I just texted her the Met Police ref no for her case and asked her if she wanted me to reopen the case again. That reset her overworked greedy brain and sent the message into her head as she has not called me for about 2 years now.

Enough of pandering to or treating these rascals called women with kid gloves when they will not bat an eyelid before sending a man to jail if the tables were turned.

Real men have tolerated enough s.hit from women for too long and its about time you let the law deal with them once they cross the line which they ALL will sooner or later especially the ones who live in Western countries where too much latitude has meant they no longer know when they are crossing the line.

I like you already.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were U Ever Beaten By Your Mother?? / Whether Married Or Not Married You Must Read This Story (photo) / Let’s Talk About It: Marital Issues And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.