Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? (3984 Views)

My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / Camon Cxair And OTG Popping Up When Trying To Charge / Does Having Big Phone Screen Affect The Use Of Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2022
tuzle:
I swear this stuff once happended to me. I screenshot and sent it to my friend who is a phone engineer and he told me something that made me reason again. He said it was an hardware problem and not software so how is it suppose to show on the screenshot. As a computer scientist, I was disappointed with myself
What is your business with all that as a computer scientist?
Re: Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? by tuzle(m): 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

What is your business with all that as a computer scientist?
I did stuff like troubleshooting and since I we deal a lot with computer accessories one should be able to differentiate between a hardware problem from a software.
Re: Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? by LienwaltAbel(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
tuzle:
I did stuff like troubleshooting and since I we deal a lot with computer accessories one should be able to differentiate between a hardware problem from a software.
That is a phone man. Phones have complex undocumented hardware, so when one develops a fault, it's usually difficult to run a complete diagnosis on it to understand the issue at hand.

And all that isn't supposed to be a computer scientist's business. I'm sure people like Linus Torvalds or Edsger Dijkstra won't even know the difference between both, but they're regularly mentioned when it comes to computer science. You don't need to beat yourself about it.
Re: Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? by IntelChief: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
Man102:
The black stuff keeps increasing every day. What can I do to stop it?

Bro forget about all those crazy guys above, I understand exactly what you are saying because same thing just happened to my Samsung phone. Mine started as purple, very little and faint. Then it became black, then it started increasing like mad. Right now, I can hardly see anything on the screen.

The funny thing is that, if I try screenshoting it, the screenshot will not capture the black colour.

I took it for repair and the guy told me the screen is faulty and I need to buy new one with 30k. I shouted "Jesus!!!"
I kuku drop the phone. Na one God forsaken small techno phone I dey manage now.
Re: Why Is This Black Stuff Popping Up On My Phone Screen? by Man102: 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
IntelChief:

Bro forget about all those crazy guys above, I understand exactly what you are saying because same thing just happened to my Samsung phone. Mine started as purple, very little and faint. Then it became black, then it started increasing like mad. Right now, I can hardly see anything on the screen.

The funny thing is that, if I try screenshoting it, the screenshot will not capture the black colour.

I took it for repair and the guy told me the screen is faulty and I need to buy new one with 30k. I shouted "Jesus!!!"
I kuku drop the phone. Na one God forsaken small techno phone I dey manage now.

Okay Bro. Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: Why Smartphones Cost Just $150 To Build And Are Sold For $800 / Help. Torrent Wants To Break Up With Me / 5 Smart Phones With Best Cameras In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.